My Soccer Boy

By TheyCallMeRy

Summer and Bryce seem to have nothing in common, and the fact that they have to work together in class for a... More

The Junior and the Sophmore
Don't Order Me Around!
She Who Plays
Breakdown
No Room For Sympathy
Questions and Postions
Names
Good Luck
Blind and Cocky
Class Conflict
Curse Words and Doughnuts
Burps of Peace
Awkward Goodbyes
No Emotion
The Language of Soccer
Jealousy is a Terrible Thing
The Dress for Her
Question the Reason
Concerns and Conditions
Ice Cream Surprise
BUBBLES!
I Need a Hero
Feeling Amazing
Facing Trenton
La Da Dee
Rain Hiding Rainbows
Our Story
Playing for Keeps
Covers

Bryson

13.4K 320 45
By TheyCallMeRy

Britney and I continued to walk around the mall. We both had our dresses, and I had insisted we should go home, but Britney had other plans. “We still gotta find you a date!” Brit pointed out.

“I don’t need a date. I can rock homecoming solo.” I told her.

She raised her eye brow and just gave me a, ‘Seriously?’ look.

 “Whatever, I gotta go pee.” Brit said.

“Fine, I’m gonna head to the food court and get something to eat. Meet ya there?’

“Mkay”

I made my way to the food court debating what I was hungry for. Hmmm, do I wasn’t some burgers, or Chinese, or a sub..? Hmmm… I descided on a sub, and as I stood in line a girl pushed passed me making me drop my purse and my bag containing my brand new dress. I quickly dropped to my knees trying to gether all my things when a hand helped me. I looked up to see a handsome boy with blue eyes and jet black hair. “Uhhh, thanks…” I said with a small smile, blushing.

“No problem.” He smiled back.

I bit my lip nervously. When he didn’t leave, I decided to continue the conversation. “So do you go to O’Connor Fair Township High School?”

“No, I actually go to Edwardville High school. I’m actually a Senior there, and what grade are you..?” he asked.

“Ummm, I’m a sophomore…” I said, fully prepared for the verbal abuse I would receive.

“Damn, you don’t look like a sophomore! I thought you were a Senior or high school grad.” He exclaimed.

“Oh. Sorry.” I said, turning around to face the opposite direction. I knew he wouldn’t want to speak to me if I were a sophomore, maybe if I were a Junior or a Senior it might be different.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned to face him. He was smiling, “I never said it was a bad thing being a sophomore.”

I smiled back. That was a refreshing change. “I’m Summer. And you are?”

“Jack Bryson.” He grinned back.

I raised my eyebrow wondering if I heard him right. Is his last name really Bryson? Like Bryce-on? Why am I suddenly filled with images of Bryce. My german partner.

The lady at the register cleared her throat, and I hadn’t even realized that I had made it to the front of the line. I quickly apologized, and ordered a grilled sub. I reached into my purse to pull out my debt card. But when  I looked back up to hand her the card, she was already swiping one. I looked around confused. The lady handed Jack the card and he slipped it back into his wallet.

“Umm, why did you pay for my sandwich?” I asked, beyond confused. “Because, I figured if I bought you this lunch then you would have to sit with me and this could be our first date.” He explained.

“Date?”

He grinned, “Yeah a date. Cause in all honesty I like you. I know it’s only been like 2 minutes but, now we can get to know each other over lunch.” He said.

I felt awkward; this senior was hitting on me. Plain old Summer. Why not give in?

“Alright Jack.” I said. He smiled and when the lady handed me my sandwich, he threw and arm around my shoulder and led me to a table.

I couldn’t help but wish Brit would find me. I should be enjoying this, right? But what about, Bryce?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.7K 1.9K 51
What happens when a regular football player can't fall in love with the head cheerleader. What does she do? How do they get to become friends
5K 60 46
Harper and Riley have known each other their whole lives, but for some reason they were never friends. Every moment and memory, the other was always...
17.8K 329 16
When Ava Grace and her family moves to Hawaii Ava needs to make new friends again. But when she gets to school she bumps into Zac, the most popular b...
110 0 14
Samantha had always been the new girl, moving from place to place as her parents pursued their careers. When she started her senior year at a new sch...