Through Her Eyes (2Yeon)

By deathlessly

My life can't get any better than this. I mean, I'm blind and all but I suppose there are conditions worse th... More

i. Walking Stick
ii. Leather Jacket Day
iii. Rehearse
v. 2 Busy 4 Me
vi. Stone Cold
vii. Talented Confession
viii. The Things I'd Do To You (extra chapter)
ix. Sweet Talker
x. Look At Me
xi. Overcommunicate
xii. Answers from the Other Side
xiii. Fight Club
xiv. I Care
xv. Fluttering Feelings
xvi. Give It A Try
xvii. Hit or Miss
xviii. Truth or Pizza
xix. Midnight Blue
xx. Kiss & Tell
xxi. Word Doc
xxii. Walk This Way
xxiii. Breathe
xxiv. Room of Gloom
xxv. Epiphany
xxvi. Live and Let Live
xxvii. The Life
xxviii. Voicemail
xxix. Reconcile (Part 1)
XXX. Recollect (Part 2)
xxxi. Angel Without Wings
xxxii. One Q
xxxiii. Healed
xxxiv. Live with Raison D'etre (EPILOGUE)
Comments, Questions, Concerns (?)
Your questions ANSWERED

iv. New Face

2.3K 134 54
By deathlessly

On top of the unwelcoming heat of the sun beating down on Nayeon's face, she groaned and crawled to the other side of her bed. Her fingers located the volume button and pressed them to snooze the alarm, giving her a total of five minutes before it would go off again. She whirled her arms around, wanting to purposely smack Jeongyeon in the face and play it off as a slothful accident. Instead, she woke up to an empty bed.

Did Jeong leave? Nayeon spread her arms wider, even kicking the air in hopes of finding her best friend's body. Nothing but cold sheets were the only thing her legs touched. Waking up to an empty bed was something Nayeon had gotten used to and to her, today shouldn't be different. But going to sleep with a sense of  security and opening your eyes to it being gone can really leave a person feeling hollow.

"Jeong?"

No reply came back except Kookeu's alarmed barking. He hopped on to Nayeon's bed, wiggling his tail side to side with his tongue stuck out. He was able to also sense when Nayeon wasn't feeling in good spirits with the weather. Sighing, Nayeon put Kookeu on her lap, petting him for comfort.

The crisp smell of something appetizing seeped into the room, getting Nayeon's mind off whatever was making her so down in the dumps. Kookeu noticed, barking in haste and much louder, hoping to get Nayeon out of bed. The little dog's method work, jumping off the bed to lead Nayeon out of the room. Nayeon groaned, getting dragged by Kookeu, with drowsiness still in her system.

Entering the kitchen, the smell of various breakfast foods hit Nayeon's face like a ton of bricks, clogging up her nostrils. She hadn't smelt this type of delectableness in ages. Grabbing an emergency cane from the bin, Nayeon lead herself to the counter, sitting down once she found a stool.

"Dad?" Nayeon knew her mother wouldn't be home until a few hours and her father is the one left to make breakfast.

"That's not the first time I've been called that."

Jeongyeon cracked a big smile, seeing Nayeon's bewildered face walking into the kitchen. Quickly noticing what Jeongyeon was implying, Nayeon's cheeks grew red. She flew a hand to cover her mouth.

"Good morning." A cheeky grin on her face, Jeongyeon turned around to greet her best friend, holding up two full platters.

"Morning." Nayeon's words were muffled, staring at the plate of food instead of Jeongyeon's face.

Stabbing a piece of sausage, Jeongyeon stayed standing up, putting her elbows on the counter. Nayeon doesn't say a word, tossing around the ricecakes with her fork in silence. The effectiveness of the meal started to wear off, the thoughts from earlier tricking back to Nayeon's mind.

How can I be sad over something I don't even know?

Jeongyeon detected the state her best friend was in, slowing down her chewing to focus more on what Nayeon was doing. Looking at the two plates of food, Jeongyeon questioned to herself. What's the matter with her? Does she not like my cooking? It can't be, my cooking's delicious.

"Is something wro--"

The front door jingled and Nayeon's mother walked in, feeling exhausted. Seeing the two girls in the kitchen made her feel content to be home.

"Oh thank goodness, Jeongyeon. You're still here." She walked over, already out of breath, and snatched a chicken wing from the warm basket sitting in the middle of the two plates. Nayeon's mother kissed Nayeon on the side of the head, and went upstairs, leaving the two alone again.

Chuckling to herself and amused with the quick happenstance, Jeongyeon's attention goes back to Nayeon, who stopped eating completely. Feeling her mother no longer with them, Nayeon dropped her fork, causing a loud clang. She leaned in, unaware of where Jeongyeon was.

"So you mean to tell me, that out of a thousand kids in our school, which half aren't that terrible, you don't find at least one of them attractive?"

A bubble formed in Jeongyeon's stomach. Feeling like she was about to burst into laughter, she opened her mouth to release a massive burp. With the aftereffect still floating in the air, Jeongyeon blew into Nayeon's face.

"Hmm. Nope, not at all." Before Jeongyeon could receive the beating of a lifetime, she scooted back, seeing Nayeon about to let her have it.

Just one.

"AGHH! JEONGYEON!" Nayeon scrunched up her nose, similar to a bunny's and swatted the air. She couldn't believe how foul her best friend could actually get.

Hearing the raucous commotion going on from downstairs, Nayeon's father rushed to only see the two girls in a quarrel. He slumped his shoulders, knitting his brows together. Ryler and Yama come right after, rubbing their tired eyes. Nayeon gave her family an apologetic look, turning to a giggling Jeongyeon to whack her in the arm.

The first thing Nayeon hoped for today was less interaction with Tzuyu and her group of delinquents. She was generally drained out from yesterday and wanted to get this day over with so she could go back to bed where it's much safer. They set foot into the building and various pairs of eyes flew towards their direction, giving the pair the attention they didn't ask for. Nayeon knew the drill, pushing her way through the crowd with her cane clearing a path. No one bothered to get in her way. The reason wasn't because they were scared of her, they just didn't really care. None of them but one person did.

Stopping in front of her locker, Nayeon twisted in the combination and it popped open. Jeongyeon held her walking stick, looking out for the face they both didn't want to see by any means.

The sound of the clicking of numerous heels at once emerged from the bottom of the stairs. Given that there were more of them due to the numerous hums of clacks. Like a repeated procedure, hearing the hum meant only one thing to the curious teens, occasionally turning away from their conversation to watch the football captain and her crew roll in. Unlike Nayeon, people made sure to steer clear of them out of pure fear. If only Nayeon went to class earlier.

Busy with their own little chat, the pair didn't hear the clacking, which signaled their approach. In addition to that, Jeongyeon's back was facing their direction, unable to see that they were coming their way. The people around them started to murmur, saying how something worth recording and posting online was about to happen. Kids these days; would rather videotape a fight for a few views than get help.

Jeongyeon was in the middle of telling Nayeon the one time where Momo got a grape stuck up her nose when Nayeon became aware of the sudden clicking noises getting louder. Her mind screamed, 'Tzuyu and her gang are coming towards us.' She gathered all the notes that she need, stuffing them into her backpack, wondering how close they already were. Jeongyeon saw her best friend's change of pace.

"Woah..take it easy. What's wrong?" Slowly turning around, Jeongyeon understood Nayeon's need to hurry.

The rest of the group stood back, letting Tzuyu do whatever she needed to do. "Hey, nerds." She slammed the side of her fist on the locker besides Nayeon.

Glaring up at Tzuyu, Jeongyeon tightened her grip on the walking stick, ready to use it as a weapon if necessary. A giant scheming  grin was spread across Tzuyu's face, looking down at the duo.

"Beat it, camisole."

"Or else what, mushroom head?"

Jeongyeon quickly became fired up, extremely close the whacking Tzuyu. With flared nostrils, Jeongyeon raised the cane bit by bit.

"I'm gonna pound your 5'8" pencil neck six feet underground."

Closing her locker in time, Nayeon sighed exhaustedly. Stepping in front of Jeongyeon, Nayeon coped that she couldn't avoid Tzuyu at this point. She faced where Tzuyu's voice was coming from, tilting her head up.

"Hey, Tzuyu," Nayeon greeted in a monotone voice, plainly used to their encounters. She sighed, wanting nothing to do with Tzuyu and her crew. She didn't have to time of day to be Tzuyu's choice of entertainment.

A smirking Tzuyu replied, "Tell your girlfriend over there to loosen up her pants, will ya? They might be too uptight."

Instantly, the pair froze up in place when hearing that. A hot breeze shot up to their face. Nayeon cleared her throat, about to reply when someone from her group called her out.

"Tzuyu, stop that. Let's go before the principal comes."

Another person from the group, Tzuyu's girlfriend Sana, began to whine. "She's right, babe. Come on. I had breakfast delivered."

Turning back to the pair after agreeing with the rest, Tzuyu looked past Nayeon and shot Jeongyeon a sinister stare. The two had a small glaring contest. Tzuyu walked towards Jeongyeon, knocking down the books she had in her hands and left to join her group.

"Jeong, oh gosh. Are y—"

Nayeon's words faded into the air when another voice cut her off.

"Here. Let me help you with that."

The girl knelt down to collect the fallen papers, giving them to Jeongyeon. Not wanting to be harsh, Jeongyeon let the girl help her out.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

They both stood up, not acknowledging Nayeon in the meantime. Hearing the new voice made Nayeon wonder. She thought not to bother trying to ask Jeongyeon who the newcomer was while they were talking, deciding to listen instead.

"I'm Jihyo, by the way."

"I know who you are. Student Council President."

Jihyo smiled brightly at Jeongyeon for recognizing her achievement.

"I apologize for Tzuyu's immaturity. I try my best to slash the amount of times my cousin harasses other students."

Jeongyeon scoffed hearing that, shaking her head in disgust. "Not very noble of you, Miss President."

Picking up Jeongyeon's appalled tone made Jihyo slightly frown. "She...doesn't really listen to me." She took notice of Nayeon quietly standing beside her locker and walked over, her heels clicking loudly. "I'm so sorry, Nayeon. For everything my cousin has done to you." She held both of Nayeon's hands, shaking as she talked.

"Oh, i-it's nothing, honestly. I'm used to it." Nayeon couldn't do anything but try to crack a tiny awkward smile, for Jihyo's sake.

"She should sue," Jeongyeon butted in.

"Jeong!"

Slowly cowering back like a scolded puppy, Jeongyeon mumbled, "But she chooses not to."

Jihyo returned her attention to Nayeon, looking at her endearingly, hoping that she could feel her sympathy. "But, really, if there's anything I can do, as your student council president and as a friend, please let me know."

Nayeon couldn't handle the amount of compassion Jihyo had for her and they've only known each other for twenty minutes. She nodded her head stretching a little smile for Jihyo. With a warm smile on her face, Jeongyeon stood there, appreciating Jihyo's kindheartedness. She's so different compared to Tzuyu.

The bell ringing was the only response Nayeon could give, warning the three that they were going to be late. Upon hearing that, Jihyo let go of Nayeon's hands, immediately bolting to class with her nosy heels.

"Gotta go. See you around, you two!"

The pair, amused with her quirkiness, watched as the little president scurried away in a panic. Once she was out of sight, they turned to each other and busted out laughing, echoing through the empty hallways.

"For me, I have to head to the library. Thank gosh you don't have any classes with Tzuyu." Jeongyeon patted Nayeon's back softly, letting her know she was leaving.

Nayeon nodded her head. "Guess I'll see you around later."

They both giggled at her lame attempt. Turning on her feet, Jeongyeon headed to the library and Nayeon was bound for first period, whacking her way to class.

Upon entering the library, the librarian chirped a 'good morning' to Jeongyeon, who simply gave her a small smile and nodded. She tossed her bag onto an empty chair, walking over to a random bookshelf to scope for something worthy to read. It seemed that she was the only one who decided to come for some peace and quiet.

Searching for what felt like hours, a book with the style of font giving a galactic vibe, attracted Jeongyeon. She pulled the book out, skimming through the pages. Being drawn into the story, Jeongyeon walked to the window, thinking that reading by the light would be better. She wasn't the only one who had that idea.

"Only Human, huh?"

The unexpected voice made Jeongyeon jump a little, quickly searching for the owner o the somewhat familiar voice. She felt like she's heard it before.

When her eyes landed on a smiling Jihyo from across the room, Jeongyeon pulled a confused face. "Excuse me?"

"Your book," Jihyo went to clarify.

Jeongyeon checked the title, embarrassed by her own dumbness when she realized what Jihyo said. Looking away in shame, she shut the book. Jihyo giggled at Jeongyeon's shyness, taking notice of the slight pink color in her cheeks.

Her tough shell exterior wasn't going to weaken because she didn't hear the initial question the student council president asked. Instead, Jeongyeon closed her eyes and took an intense breath. She faced Jihyo once again, who was looking at her with a sprightly smile. Mustering enough courage, Jeongyeon walked to the table Jihyo was sitting at, putting on her confident gay look.

"Are you following me?"

Jihyo was completely awestruck at this point, blinking twice and looking up at Jeongyeon. The cheeky grin on her face reminded Jeongyeon of Tzuyu, habitually tightening her fists at the image.

"I should be asking you that question. See, I left earlier for class to return some textbooks but got distracted. So...here I am." Jihyo boringly flapped her arms in the air, slightly frowning.

Jeongyeon chuckled, already liking the interesting charisma this girl had. Putting down the book, she stood with her arms cross, getting into the small talk they were having.

"Skipping class?" Jeongyeon pretended to be shock, hand over her heart. "That's strike two already, Miss Student Council."

Jihyo giggled lightheartedly, her eyes disappearing as she did. Seeing that somehow made Jeongyeon's chest tighten a bit.

"Hey! I have good credit. It's not like I've done anything terrible like put hot sauce in the jjigae."

The two both burst out laughing, remembering that terrible prank pulled by a bunch of freshmen. The librarian didn't bother quieting the two done, smiling as she heard the pair.

"What's your book about?" Jihyo quickly decided to change to subject, pointing at the book on the table.

"Oh this?" Jeongheon lifted it up, flipping through the pages senselessly. "Something about these two girls living in a futuristic world. Like you can change your appearance and take this sort of pill that can enhance any ability you need called "mods". One of the girls can't use them because her immune system is weak so she's just normal. I'm at the part where the one who can actually take the pills, she asks the other girl out but the normal girl rejected her at first, saying they don't even know each other. So the mod girl asks that if they get to know each other first then she'd agree to go on a date with her. And the normal girl said yes."

All the while, Jihyo was engaged with every little bit Jeongyeon said, a silly grin plastered all over her face as she listened in on Jeongyeon's blurb. Once Jeongyeon finished her rambling, it was easy to notice they look on Jihyo's face. Why is she looking at me like that? Is there something on my face?

"Sounds like a similar situation that you're in, huh?"

Stunned by her observation, Jeongyeon was taken back. She suddenly became dejected, her shoulders heavily dropped.

"Yeah."

Interrupting the moment of stillness, the loud ringing of the bell caught both of their attention, hastily getting up. They only exchanged tiny smiles before Jihyo spoke up again.

"So...uhh...I'll see you around. Again."

Jeongyeon nodded. "Maybe."

"Don't get into any trouble until then."

Jeongyeon went to grab her bag, hoisting one sleeve up her shoulders. "As long as your cousin doesn't get in my way then we'll be good, Miss President."

Hearing the title made Jihyo roll her eyes, but the smile on her face didn't go away. Jeongyeon was about to exit the library, throwing the librarian a quick wave, when she bumped into Nayeon. Her foot got whacked by the walking stick.

Jeongyeon was about to scream her lungs off when she reminded herself that she was still in the library area. Slowly but painfully, she limped her way out until they both reached the lockers. That's when Jeongyeon let it out.

"SON OF A BUTTERNUT SQUASH! NABOOONGS!"

She didn't care that people passing by would give her weird stares, chuckling to themselves.

"Oh god. Jeong! Are you alright? I didn't see you there."

It took them only a second to get what Nayeon said. If Jeongyeon had the strength to smack Nayeon upside the head, she would. For now, she had to support herself.

"You know what.." Jeongyeon slowly stood up, taking in the deepest breath that she needed to put her tough girl exterior back in place. "I'm fine. I'm alright. Nothing The Almighty Jeongyeon can't handle." She waved her arms in a majestic way, closing her eyes.

Nayeon giggled, smacking Jeongyeon's arm. "Nice one, Jeong. I didn't even hit you THAT hard."

"I know. Now, come on." Hooking an arm around Nayeon, Jeongyeon proceeded to walk her best friend to the next class.

"So how was the library? Did you get what you needed done? Or procrastinate for eighty minutes?"

"Hey!.." Jeongyeon couldn't think of a response to Nayeon's assumptions. "You know me so well. But, it was alright. I guess. I rented out a book and ran into Jihyo."

"Jihyo?" Nayeon's curiosity was peaked.

"Yup. Surprisingly, she's really nice. I thought she was going to be a carbon copy of Tzuyu but I was wrong. You two would get along." Jeongyeon smiled brightly at her best friend, her arm still around Nayeon's shoulders.

"Ah, I see."

Nayeon was glad to hear that Jeongyeon made a new friend other than her and Momo. As they were walking down the hall, the churning feeling in her stomach didn't want to go away. All Nayeon could do was solemnly smile, though she didn't feel too eager about it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 735 56
Ryujin being the most important person in Yeji's life turns to be the most hated person by Yeji. Will this love-hate couple work if two exs are arran...
200K 7.9K 55
Shin Ryujin and Hwang Yeji were close friends growing up until one began to develop feelings and push the other away, unsure how to handle her emotio...
172K 2.7K 19
Izuku yagi son of Toshinori Yagi and Inko Yagi or better know as the number one hero All Might and number 9 hero Lady Magnet, brother of Izumi Yagi. ...
37.2K 2.3K 34
Hwang Yeji is a pretty, yet gloomy girl who got rejected by the only person she likes, making her even more gloomy. Shin Ryujin is a flirty girl who...