Unraveling

By maxine247

America is the world's number one superpower. We all know that. And to be a superpower, you gotta have a stro... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
A/N: 10k
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 19

4.9K 167 93
By maxine247

A couple of weeks passed.

During those weeks, America was seeing other nations who had been allowed to visit him.

Those nations were usually colonial siblings. But Canada was considering inviting some friends too.

And honestly, it hurt that he was still keeping his distance away from his family. They only wanted the best for him. And at the moment, the best was letting him not know about the pending problem.

His own government.

But while it hurt that Alfred clearly didn't want to be around them. His family was glad he was making some improvements. He was being more cooperative and open.

But they all suspected that was because Alfred found that it was easy to just do what they said so he didn't have to stay around them that long.

But hey, at least it was progress.

America was impatiently waiting near the door right now, and when he wasn't doing that. He was looking out the windows that were near the door.

"Al," Peru, who was there with him, said, "They're coming."

America started to whine impatiently, "They're taking too long!!"

"They said they were gonna be here at 3," Brazil said, "It's 2:53."

America crossed his arms and pouted, "Another 7 minutes."

Right now, they were waiting for more nations to come over and visit America. This would be the first time any of Alfred's friends would come over to see him. The nations who were coming were Philippines, South Korea, India, New Zealand, Australia again, and Monaco.

They all had realized that since America was getting more open with other nations. He was also getting more getting more comfortable with bigger groups of nations who weren't his family.

America started to jump up and down in excitement as he saw some cars drive over to the house and into the driveway. "They're here!! They're here!!" He turned to his older male cousins behind him, "They're here!!"

Argentina smiled and nodded, "We know that now Al." He had to admit when Alfred got happy, he acted like an excellent child. It was so adorable.

It was also noticed that Alfred was coming out of his timid state a little. When he got excited, his voice got a little louder. And he could take some noise without getting extremely scared.

Last week, Venezuela dropped a pan which made somewhat of a loud noise. And America, who was there, looked a little alarmed and jumped a bit but didn't really look that scared and didn't whimper or anything. In fact, he asked her if she was okay.

Alfred opened the door as he saw the group of friends and siblings get closer. "Hey guys!!"

Philippines smiled at him, "Hi Kuya!!" She replied with the same amount of cheerfulness.

Monaco looked at her younger brother, he looked way better than when she last saw him. "Were you waiting for us?" She asked, "None of us even got to ring the doorbell yet."

He smiled and nodded. Argentina stepped out, "Yep, he was pacing around the door and windows for like the past 30 minutes."

"I was excited to see you guys," America defended himself.

"Aww," South Korea teased, "So what do you want to do today Al?"

All of the nations were told about America's boundaries by his family. They told them about how how America was with physical contact and loud noises. 

"I really don't know," America said as he started to think.

"I know!" South Korea said, "How about one of my dramas!!?!"

Philippines and India shook their heads. They had fallen victim to watching Korea's dramas many times.

Monaco and New Zealand looked willing to since she never really seen any of those dramas.

Australia hung out with S.K. at times and had seen a few of his dramas so he didn't have a problem with it.

"Sure!!" Alfred smiled, he had only seen some of South Korea's dramas over the years.

"Then lets go!!" South Korea ran into the house with an excited Alfred following him.

"I guess we need popcorn," Philippines said, "It's gonna be a long two and a half hours."

"And we need tissues," India said, "Im Yong Soo is about to get emotional."

New Zealand and Monaco looked at them, "How emotional?" New Zealand asked.

"Sobbing and blowing his nose into so many tissues and binging on ice cream emotional," Australia answered.

"Wow, okay. This is gonna be.... Interesting," Monaco said as they all walked in.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

As the visiting nations, America, and even Diego, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Canada, and Suriname watched the movie in the living room. The others were in the kitchen.

"Korea really picked a good movie," Maria said, "There hasn't been any loud explosions or anything to scare Maska."

"They were told in advance about his boundaries so he most likely found the softest one." Colombia said, "But I think Brazil is over there crying from it."

"It's a very emotional movie, okay!?!" Brazil sniffled from the living room. He heard her little comment.

They laughed, "He's a softy at heart," Paraguay said.

All of a sudden Maria's phone started to ring. She went to the hallway to answer it. The caller idea said it was Dallas, "Hey Dal."

"Mar!! Thank goodness I was finally able to get one of you."

"What happened?" She asked. The government was still something on all of their minds.

"It's the government!!"

Her stomach dropped.

"Listen to me, you guys can't still be in that house by the middle of this week. The government is close to knowing where you guys are. It's probably not even safe to go to any of Al's other houses in the country, including the ones that were checked. You all probably have to leav-"

"Woah, Dal! Calm down. How do they know? And what do you mean by checked?"

"Somehow the President knows you guys are here in Texas in one of Al's houses. So he's sending secret agents to check them all. But thankfully, since Al has so many houses here, it's taking them awhile. Tex, Houston, and I and a few other southern states are keeping eyes on them. They're working fast and will be in your area soon. And we know they have eyes on Al's other houses in and out the country. Even on his houses in Hawaii, Guam, American Samoa, Puerto Rico. All of his houses!! I think they might even send out an alert to public airports and I doubt you guys will be able to use a private plane since usually the government hires pilots for Al."

Maria's stomach started to turn, "That's not good."

"It's really not. So you can't go to a house or apartment in another state or even territory. You guys need to leave as soon as possible. None of us even think you should be there after another two days. They work fast Mar. Leave tonight if you can. You guys need to come up with a plan and get out of there."

She nodded, "We will."

On the other end, Dallas nodded, "Okay, be careful, we'll try and keep them back as long as we can."

"Thanks," She hung up and tried to calm herself down now.

They had to hurry and come up with a plan.

Maria rushed back to the kitchen, "Guys, that was Dallas who just called. We're staying up tonight, there's an emergency."

They all gave her worried looks.

"The government?" Venezuela asked nervously. They all knew that's what she was talking about but hoped it wasn't.

Maria only nodded as she went to the living room. "Mattie, Chile, D, Braz, Tina, Suri, can I talk to you guys?"

They nodded and got up.

Alfred noticed them leave but didn't say anything. They weren't telling him anything lately. Why were they being so secretive?

"What's up?" Brazil asked, when the group got to the kitchen. Maria motioned for them to all walk into the hallway.

She started to explain, "The government's onto us and they're closer than we thought."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

375 6 1
The year is 1917, and the Great War is slowly drawing to a close, but the end can't come fast enough for the two nations from the Southern Hemisphere...
203K 5.5K 28
Strong: Being able to withstand great force or pressure. America was strong. His parents had abandoned him, he always was blamed for things, and was...
2.6K 224 75
After the second American Civil War, the world changes drastically. A new nation stood where the United States once was, the Last Empire having falle...
4.6K 154 12
Is the clown the fool of the story, or are you? After all, the clown knows it's an act, but the audience is so lost in it that they tend to forget. ...