Dead Eyes (Kyoya X OC)

By lovelyxion

(COMPLETED) Kainé is starting her second year at Ouran Academy. She's very intelligent for someone her age. B... More

First Interaction
Meeting the host club
Avoiding the Host Club Party
Grades and Physical Exam
A Game
Jungle Pool S.O.S
A Beach Fit
Lobelia Girls
What?!
It Doesn't Feel Wrong
Talk
Dinner with Mr. Ootori
Push
A Day in the Life of Avoiding Kyoya
Sweet Bitter Days
The Truth Comes Out
Covering the Famous Host Club
The Refresher Game and a Date
Kyoya's Reluctant Day Out
Until the Day it Becomes a Pumpkin
An Apprentice and a Big Reveal
An Apprentice and A Big Reveal (pt. 2)
An Apprentace and a Big Reveal (Pt. 3)
Stargazing
The End Is Near
A Note
Wedding Bells

A Girls' Day Out

8.9K 234 89
By lovelyxion

C H A P T E R E I G H T

*|| Kaine's POV ||*

Everyone is entertaining the ladies and so I sit myself down at a table by one of the windows. With all this chattering and squealing, I'm glad I'm more comfortable with the noises.

I work on my homework as I wait for the day to end but, despite my best efforts, I couldnt seem to focus. My mind went back to the beach trip: How Kyoya reacted, how he avoided me during dinner, all similar to the pool incident. Adding to that, I'm told he never reacts like this. There's also what happened in my room when he thought I was asleep. Not to mention his increase in his heart rate. What makes me so special for him to react like this?

My thoughts are interrupted, as the distinctive scent of smokey pine draws near.

"May I help you?" I ask as I try to work on my homework.

"Mind if I join you? Im done with my clients for the day and half an hour is left before we close shop." The, so called, shadow king says.

"Not at all." And he sits across from me, typing and scribbling along. After a few minutes, curiousity got the better of me and I asked," Do you do anything other than write in that journal or type in that laptop?"

"...No..." he pauses before answering. Intrigued, I put my pencil down and lean on the table," I dont believe you."

"Well, believe it." He says without much thought put into it as he continues typing. Entertained, I begin to smile.

"Give me your hand." I demand.

"What?" He says startled. Im very much entertained.

"Give. Me. Your. Hand." I say slowly. And with slight shifting his hand is in mine. As I feel his hand, I carefully take his pulse. Its racing once again.

Pulling away from him, amused, I say,"You paint?" He stays quiet.

"I'm right, arent I?" I ask.

"I couldnt help but notice that your pulse constantly increases and decreases. Why?" He say. Shit. I was too focused taking his pulse i didnt notice him taking mine. I have to play this right.

"Comfirm what I said and I'll answer your question." I bargain.

He sighs in defeat,"How did you know?"

"My mother paints aswell." I say without much thought,"Now, to answer your question," I pause before continuing on," I have severe anxiety."

"Really?" He says fascinated yet surprised,"Why?"

"I gave you too much information already." I chuckle. The click of his laptop closing is heard and I can tell his demeaner changed.

"How is that too much information?" He asks. I stay silent, waiting for him to continue,"This is the first time you mention your mother since I met you. You've been with us for months and yet we know little to nothing about you. You keep everything to yourself." He says agitated.

"That's a bit hypocritical, coming from you. I know very little about you Kyoya. And the only reason why I know what I know is from this little game of ours." I lower my voice with the same amount of rage," Either step up your game or suck it up, because you wont get anything out of me unless you out smart me or figure out my secret." I pause for a moment,"You've said before that you about bebefits and advantages. Well guess what, so am I." Silence falls over us.

"Not that this isnt fun to watch but..."Hikaru interrupts,"It's time to head home." Kaoru finishes his brother's sentence. I take a deep breath and I pack my things.

"In that case, I'll see you all tomorrow." I say and with that, I make my exit. It wasnt until I got to the front of the school when I noticed the coffee scent. I stop in my tracks.

"Do you need something, Haruhi?" I ask. As she catches up, she responds,"Uh, I wondering if you wanted to hang out today? It seems to me, you need a day with the guys around."

With much curiosity, I respond,"You mean, like a girls' day out?"she hums in response. My mood completely changed,"Sure."

*|| Kyoya's POV ||*

I keep myself seated with my head resting on my hand as I mentally prepare for the conversation that's about to happen.

"Why do you always have to pick a fight with her, Kyoya?" Tamaki ask me. I simply just roll my eyes.

"Do you hate her, Kyo-chan?" Honey sempai asks concernly. The twins develope large grins.

"That's not it, Honey sempai."they look at me before pursuing their thought,"It's really the opposite." Honey sempai looks at them confused.

"The question is not 'does he hate her?'..." Kaoru begins,"but more of 'does he like her?'." Hikaru jumps in. I begin to intervine.

"That's absurd." I say as I pack my things.

"Oh really?" They say in unison. I turn to Tamaki,"Care to jump in here?"

"Sorry Kyoya, but I agree with the the twins. You're a different person when she's around. And after what happened at the water park, it cant go unnoticed." He says. Damn it.

"C'mon, Kyoya sempai. Just admit it." The twins smile. I look at them.

"Admit what, exactly?" I ask curiously. Tamaki chuckles. "That you have feelings for Kaine."

"Kyo-chan has feelings for Kai-chan?!" Honey sempai bursts with glee and Mori sempai nods in agreement.

"No, I dont. Why must you insist on pursuing idiotic topics?" I say as I get up to leave. But right before I walk away, something caught my eye out the window. This didnt go unnoticed.

"What are you looking at, Kyoya?" Tamaki asks and everyone peers over the window to see what I'm staring at. By the fountain, Kaine and Haruhi seem to be having a conversation and leave the school premises together.

"Hey boss..." the twins say but they never finish their sentence. Nevertheless, Tamaki knew what they meant.

"Men!" He shouts with gleem in his eyes," We're going to follow our beloved princesses! We'll learn everything we can so Kyoya can make his advancements towards Kaine!"

"I'm not going to-"

"You're coming with us!" I get cut off by Tamaki.

"No, I wont." I say as I walk out the door.

"Oh yes you will..." the twins recite mischievously.

"If you dont we'll tell Kai-chan how you feel!" Honey sempai giggles.

"But i don't-"

"Then you won't mind if we tell her." Mori sempai surprisingly jumps.

"You guys are having fun with this, arent you?" I ask as I adjust my glasses.

"Hey, when will we have an opportunity like this again?" Hikaru says.

"Yeah. Now, we know how Kaine feels everytime she outsmarts you." Kaoru adds.

"Lets go before they go too far!" Tamaki demands as we all leave the school and follow the girls.

*|| Kaine's POV ||*

"So, what do you want to do?" Haruhi ask me.

"I'll go with whatever you want to do. I dont go out much, anyway." I say as we step into my limo, then it hit me," How about i take you to my favorite sushi shop?"

I hear her gasp with delight. "I finally get to try some fancy tuna?" She mumbles to herself. And with that, we're off to eat.

--------

Today has been quite fun. After we ate, spent some time in the park and are currently exploring the mall.

"Its a good thing you have extra clothes in your limo." Haruhi says. She pauses for a moment," Hey, Kaine sempai? I know you probably dont want to talk about it but i gotta ask: Why do you and Kyoya sempai fight often?"

"Why dont you ask him? He's the one who starts it every time." I say bitterly. Shortly after, i hear a few whispers. Because this is a mall, i elected to ignore it. I turn my attention to Haruhi.

"I've just never seen him act like that unless its towards you." She adds.

"And so I'm told." I respond.

"Really? By who?" She asks.

"Hikaru and Kaoru have told me twice already. Once at the water park and again at the beach." I answer her question. I hear shuffling again, but this time I'm at full alert.

"Makes sense." She sighs but i could tell something struck her after that,"Wait a minute, if they told you this twice already, do you have any idea what that means?"

"I dont understand what you're saying Haruhi." I say and she gasps.

"So you really dont know what's going on?"she asks surprised,"I thought someone like you would know by now. I guess you're not good with emotions, huh."

"Haruhi how about you just tell me what you're thinking." I insist but before she could tell me , muktiple scents caught my attention.

"Hey Haruhi, do you know where the restrooms are?" I ask, changing the topic.

"Uh yeah. Just follow me." She says a bit tipped off. After we walk in the restroom, i ask," do you see a window?"

"Theres one right in front of you." She skeptically answers my question,"Are you okay sempai?"

"What floor are we on?" I ignore her question.

"Ground level. Seriously, what are you doing?" Haruhi becomes concerned.

"A certain group of handsome men are following us." I finally tell her whats going on,"My plan is to leave through the window and head to my place. To my estimations, it'll take them 10 minutes to realize what happened, 20 if Kyoya isnt with them."

"I'd rather not deal with them right now." Haruhi sighs and climbs out the window with me.

*|| Kyoya's POV ||*

How often does she go out with Haruhi? They seem very comdortable with eachother, yet they never converse often during school. They've gone out to eat. They've gone to the park. Now, they're shopping.

"Remind why we are following them?" I pinch the bridge of my nose.

"Hey boss, we cant hear what they're saying." The twins tell Tamaki as they ignore my question.

"Alright. We'll go a little closer." Tamaki says with determination. We move a little closer as we stay behind some bushes.

"I've just never seen him act like that unless its towards you." She adds.

"And so I'm told." Kaine responds.

"Really? By who?" Haruhi asks.

"Hikaru and Kaoru have told me twice already. Once at the water park and again at the beach." She answers her question. I turn to my left and they both say "Oops." In such an non regretful tone.

"You idiots." I mumble.

"Makes sense." Haruhi sighs but realization came across her face,"Wait a minute, if they told you this twice already, do you have any idea what that means?"

"I dont understand what you're saying Haruhi." Kaine says and Haruhi is surprised.

"Wow, who knew that she's as dense as Haruhi and the Boss?" The twins recite.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Tamaki asks, eeady to explode.

"Tama-chan, theyre gonna notice us if you start to yell." Honey sempai whispers and Mori sempai nods.

"Hey boss..." Hikaru smiles.

"Lets get a little closer." Kaoru follows his brother.

"So you really dont know what's going on?"she asks surprised,"I thought someone like you would know by now. I guess you're not good with emotions, huh."

"Even Haruhi sees that..." Kaoru speaks,"you have feelings for her," Hikaru takes over," Kyoya sempai."they say in unison.

"You really like her, dont you Kyo-chan?" Honey sempai smiles.

"No, i dont." I say annoyed as we move in closer.

"Haruhi how about you just tell me what you're thinking." Kaine insists but before Haruhi could say anything else, Kaine changes topic,"Hey Haruhi, do you know where the restrooms are?"

"Uh yeah. Just follow me." Haruhi answers her question. After they walk in the restroom, I ask,"Can I take my leave now?"

"No." Was all I got from all of them. Now I know how Haruhi feels.

*|| Kaine's POV ||*

"Woah" Haruhi says in awe. "You're place is beautiful."

"Thanks." I say blandly. With Haruhi following, I head upstairs to my room. As we get comfortable in my room, Haruhi asks,"So, whats your family like? Do you have any siblings?"

"My mom is currently in Italy and my dad is at his office most of time and no, i dont have any siblings." I answer her question.

"What do your parents do?"

"Both of my parents run a pharmacy company but my dad is also head of security for our government, so he's always busy."

"Wow, interesting." She pauses for a moment,"Why are you so willing to tell me all of this, anyway?"

"What can you do with this information? You dont pose a threat to my family." I answer her.

"And the host club do?" She asks curiously.

"Yes. They all have money and they all have power. We live in a competitive society trying to knock one another off the road. And seeing how my family runs a pharmacy company, the Ootori group poses as a main threat."

"So thats why you're so closed off." Realization hits her," But, how come you're so comfortable with Mori and Honey sempai?"

I sigh,"They figured out my secret."

"What secret?" She asks. I hesitate for a moment before leaning towards her ear to whisper something. I feel her tense on my bed as she processes what I just told her.

"Unbelievable." She says shocked.

"Is that why you-"

"Yes." I cut her off.

"And how you-"

"Yes." I cut her off again.

"But how do you know-"

"I have a great sense of smell."

"No wonder you're-"

"Yes." I cut her off one last time.

"Wow, no wonder Kyoya has feelings for you." She says non chalantly. I laugh before realizing what she just said.

"Wait, what?" I ask," What are you talking about?" It was her turn to laugh.

"Im sure you've been trying to figure it out." She laughs again," I saw how he reacted when you were swept away by the current when we went to the water park. And the twins told me what happened between you two at the beach. I've also noticed you guys flirting with another." Everything rushes in my head.

"And why his heart rate increases every time i take his pulse and how he was acting in my room that night at the beach." I mumble.

"What happened at the beach?" She asks.

"Oh, uh..." I pause for a moment,"That night, he came into my room, and he treated my wrist, but after he was done he.." I pause again," he held my hand and pushed my hair back."

"And you were awake for this?"she asks stunned.

"No, he thought I was asleep. I didnt know how to react." I clearify.

"Hmm, this situation also explains why you had no reaction when you walked in his room." She says thinking out loud.

"What were you doing in his room?" I ask curiously.

"I ran in there when i felt sick. It wasnt until after I realized it was his room. He threw me on his bed and went on top of me. Thats when you walked in." She tells me

"What?!?" I say angrily.

"But dont worry, nothing happened. He was just trying to prove Tamaki sempai's point." She clarifies. I calm down a bit.

"I swear, Kyoya is going to be the death of me." I mumble.

"So, how do you feel about it?" She ask me

"How do i feel about what?" I ask her.

"Put absolutely everything aside, if you just think about Kyoya sempai, himself only, how do you feel about him?" She clearifies.

"Why are you asking me this? You of all people?" I ask avoiding the question.

"Im told I'm quite dense when it comes to myself but im quite observant." She says happily," How do you feel towards him?"

"I-" I hesitate,"I dont know."

"Thats not an answer." She adds. Do I have feelings for him? I take a deep breath.

"...No..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 298 28
It all started in the Valley of Void, close to the border of Mongolia, but still on Chinese grounds. And at the Onyx Palace, a blind snow leopard had...
66.7K 2.2K 23
Completed "She's dead?" a voice whispered out in shock as her lips trembled from the cold and fear of what comes next. "Yes, and She has given you gu...
1.7M 49K 38
(HEAVY REVAMPING) Searching for a quiet place to contemplate her next design, honor student Hiroshi Katou stumbles upon a flamboyant group of boys wh...
7.9K 275 25
She wanted a way out, he wanted a way in. After a terrible accident, Anzu Fukushima took a leap of faith to find out more about her father. Turns out...