City Boy | Fillie

By Chemickles

Bad press is still press. More

Important
Say Amen
So Far So Good
Changes
Can't Win
My Boy
Ribs
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
Manipulation
Just a Couple Friends
Nevermind
There For You
City Song
Lovely
Sugar, We're Going Down
There's Nothin' Holding Me Back
City of Stars
Touch
Feel Like a Fool
Back to You
Get it Straight
Mutual
One Kiss
Bite
Nothing That Has Happened So Far Has Been Anything We Could Control
The Better Life
Too Good To Be True
Talk Me Down
Pine Point
My Kind of Woman
Super Far
Everybody Wants to Rule the World
Stay Together
You Say I'm in Love
Myself
Try A Little Tenderness
Through and Through
Robbers
Woman
Someday
Peach Scone
You Bet I Stare
The End.
Never Enough
The Kids Don't Wanna Come Home
Paris
Dance to This
Wasting Time
Happiness
All the Luv In My Sick Heart
Silk
Writer in the Dark
Sweet Dreams
Mr Loverman
Landslide
What A Heavenly Way To Die
City Boy
C.B. Q & A
Thank You

Electric Love

8.5K 381 1.2K
By Chemickles

Drown me, you make my heart beat like the rain
Surround me, hold me deep beneath your waves.

▪▪▪

Finn was on his way home.

He had been pretty busy the whole day, running around trying to get everything he would need for Millie's surprise. She was at some meeting right now and Finn knew he was running out of time. He was almost home now though, and he couldn't help but glance at the passenger seat every minute or so.

He got to the front gate that lead into the community they lived in and flashed his ID at the worker.

"We're almost home, to your new home," Finn spoke as they pulled through the gate. He glanced over to the seat again and sighed.

"Millie, your new mom, she's—well she's going to love you...at least I hope so," he said.

He smiled as he said her name, and he shook his head with a laugh, "I don't even know why I'm talking to you like you're going to answer...I mean you're a dog."

He glanced over to the small puppy that was sleeping, the seat belt buckled over it just in case. Finn let out a breath of relief as he pulled up to the house with the puppy in one piece. He grabbed the small animal and then walked into the house, looking around.

"Uhh..." he said quietly as his eyes landed on the couch. He walked over to it speedily and set the dog down before putting his hands up, "Just...stay here."

He ran back outside, grabbing all the supplies he had bought today. He set them by the door, having to take three trips in and out. He wasn't sure what they would need, so he got a lot just in case. He glanced at the couch as he came in from the last trip, his eyes widening.

"No!" He yelled as he saw a trail of liquid forming underneath the puppy.

He scooped it up, yelling again as the dog continued to pee and got it on his sweater.

"You really just peed on me! What the fu-"

He cut himself off as he heard the lock to the door click. He looked to it, scrambling to get the dog hidden before Millie came in. He had managed to forget the pee that had dripped onto the floor though and his foot stepped it and slipped from under him.

"Shit!" He said as he felt himself falling. He held the dog up, not wanting to accidentally crush it in the process. His butt hit the floor hard and he could automatically feel the liquid seeping through his jeans. The front door opened up and he looked to it with wide eyes, Millie looking down at her phone as she came in.

A small bark was heard and she jumped, her phone slipping from her fingers and hitting the floor. She locked eyes with Finn who tried to catch the puppy that had managed to fumble its way out of his hands. Her eyes went to the little thing bounding towards her clumsily and her mouth dropped open in shock.

"Hi," she whispered out as she bent down to its level. She looked up at Finn in confusion.

"Surprise?" He said shrugging.

"He's mine?" Millie asked, her eyes wide as as she reached her hand forward carefully.

Finn nodded automatically, "If you want him to be."

She sat on the floor with her legs criss crossed, the small puppy making its way into her lap. She whispered out another 'hi' before petting its head and looking back up to Finn who was sitting across from her.

"What's wrong?" Finn asked worriedly. Millie's eyes were red and he could see tears ready to spill at any second.

She shook her head and a small smile came over her face, "You got me a dog."

Her voice was small and a tear fell down her face as she pulled the dog to her chest. Finn smiled and nodded, not knowing what to say to that.

"Do you think we're ready for this? I mean a dog is a lot of work and we travel a lot and he's going to have to be trained. We have to feed him and bathe him and oh my god does he have a name? What are we going to name him?" Millie suddenly rambled out.

Finn stood up, "Hey don't worry about all of that, I got everything we would need. You don't have to worry about anything really but naming him."

Millie let out a breath and stood up, the tiny dog in her arms falling asleep. She moved closer to Finn and placed a lingering kiss on his lips, the both of them smiling into it.

"Thank you, this is the best surprise ever," Millie whispered as they pulled apart.

Finn nodded, "Only the best for you."

Millie smiled and placed a kiss on the dogs head, "What is he? Like what breed?"

"A beagle. I was going to get something bigger but I think it would be easier for us if he was smaller so we could take him with us when we do travel," Finn explained

Millie nodded and looked down at the puppy again, as if she couldn't believe that it was a real thing. Finn smiled at the two of them, knowing that he had made the right choice. He had been thinking about it for a while and finally decided to just do it.

"I was going to wait until Christmas but I wanted to do it now. So he's not really a Christmas puppy...he's more of a Thanksgiving puppy," Finn said.

Millie laughed, "A Thanksgiving puppy, okay."

Finn smiled. He knew Millie would do good with a dog. He saw how she was with Rosie and he knew she had never had a pet before so he wanted to be able to give her her first. This seemed perfect despite it being a big step. He thought she was ready though, he thought they both were.

He stepped forward and scratched the sleeping dog's head. Millie smiled but her face changed as she caught a whiff of something nasty. She leaned forward, smelling Finn's shirt and backing up quickly.

"Babe, I dont think there's a nice way to say this so I'm just going to lay it to you flat," Millie said.

Finn nodded, urging her to go on.

"You smell."

Finn blushed and pointed to the dog, "It was him!"

Millie laughed, "We've had him for not even an hour and you're already blaming him?"

Finn groaned, "He peed everywhere. The couch, me, the floor, that's why I was sitting there when you came in...I slipped in it."

Millie burst out laughing, making the small dog open its eyes slightly. She shook her head at Finn with a small smile, "Go upstairs and shower."

"Can't I have a kiss first?" Finn asked.

Millie shook her head no, "Not when you smell like that."

Finn sighed and glared at the puppy playfully, "This is your fault."

▪▪▪

"We can't just let him cry all night."

Finn opened his eyes a little to see Millie already looking at him. She had her head up from where it was once on his chest and a worried expression on her face. He nodded and closed his eyes again, "Yes we can."

Millie sighed and put her head back down, Finn's arm coming over her back and resting on it. His fingers moved over it slowly, making Millie sigh in comfort before she closed her eyes. She was almost asleep before a loud howl was heard, making her eyes snap open. Finn groaned loudly and Millie giggled.

"Guess he figured out how to howl?"

"He can howl himself to sleep then," Finn replied. He was starting to regret getting the dog because he cherished his sleep deeply and it was being ruined at the moment.

Millie got up and started to make her way out of the room. Finn sighed and sat up, climbing out of the bed and following Millie. He walked into the laundry room where they had left the puppy, glaring at it while it jumped happily at Millie's feet. She reached down and scooped it up, holding it like a baby as Finn leaned against the door frame with his arms crossed. Millie turned to him and gave him a pleading face.

"He just wants to be near us," she said sadly.

"He has to sleep in here until he's potty trained," Finn said shaking his head.

Millie frowned, "but he's just going to cry. Can't we just let him sleep in our bathroom then? He'll be by us but then there's no carpet for him to ruin."

Finn groaned as Millie gave him a sad face. He nodded and grabbed the dog's bed on the floor.

"Come on then."

Millie smiled and the three of them were on their way back to Finn and Millie's room. Finn set down the bed in the bathroom before walking back out and returning with a water bowl.

"Here. Put him down and let's sleep now."

Millie listened and set the puppy down in his bed, kissing the top of his head and then petting it, "Goodnight no name. We'll be right in the next room okay?"

"He doesn't understand you," Finn said.

Millie nodded, "Sure he does."

She and Finn left out of the bathroom quickly before closing the door. They made their way to the bed and Finn pulled Millie to him, her body facing his with her head tucked under his chin comfortably.

"Night Mills, I love you."

Millie opened her mouth to reply but stopped when she heard a long drawled out howl.

"That's it, we're taking him back!" Finn said as Millie laughed and stood up out of the bed.

"No don't get him, let him cry himself to sleep," Finn said.

Millie shook her head as she opened the door and the dog came running out. He tripped over his own legs and rolled a couple times before getting up and continuing towards Millie with his tongue out. She picked him up and he licked her face, making her laugh and Finn scoff.

"Babe I'm tired," Finn whined like a little kid, "put him back and let's sleep."

Millie turned to Finn and popped out her bottom lip, "Please ba-"

"Calling me baby isn't going to work this time," Finn cut her off.

She sighed as Finn walked to her and took the dog out of her arms. He set him in his bed and then closed the bathroom door. Millie walked over to the bed, giving Finn a look when a howl was heard again. He sighed and nodded, making Millie smile back before she opened the door to the bathroom. Finn watched as she lifted the dog onto the bed.

"He's going to pee again," Finn commented as the dog sniffed the blankets.

"You're not going to pee, right no name?" Millie asked the puppy in a high pitched voice.

Finn rolled his eyes as the dog searched the bed. He climbed onto Finn's pillow and Finn shook his head.

"No, you can't lay there, that's my pillow," he said reaching for the puppy.

"Finn! Leave him alone!" Millie said swatting his hands away.

"Where am I supposed to put my head?" Finn asked in disbelief.

Millie shrugged, "You can share with me."

Finn sighed but didn't argue as he climbed into the bed next to Millie. He pulled her close and she smiled as he kissed her forehead.

"A puppy is already a lot of work," Finn mumbled out.

Millie nodded, "Yeah but he's cute so it makes up for it."

"I better get that pass too when I'm bad then," Finn joked.

Millie hit his chest softly and he laughed, "What are you going to name him?"

Millie shrugged, "I don't know."

"You can't call him "no name" forever."

Millie nodded, "I know. It'll come to me though."

Finn nodded and closed his eyes, sleep almost overtaking him completely. He felt something move to his right and he sighed as little paws made their way over him.

"What are you doing?" Finn asked the dog as it made its way in between Finn and Millie.

"He doesn't understand you," Millie mocked Finn's earlier words.

Finn sighed as the dog squeezed his way in between them and made himself comfortable against Millie's chest.

"First my pillow now my girl?" Finn said making Millie laugh.

He sighed and threw his arm over Millie, the puppy snuggled between them. He looked at the two as they both closed their eyes and he couldn't help the warm and unexplainable feeling that built up in his chest. Millie had fallen asleep rather quickly, her breath getting heavy and her entire body relaxing.

He ran his eyes over her, wondering how he had managed to get so lucky with everything. It had been about seven months of knowing Millie now, and Finn felt like he was at the highest point he had been in in his life so far. He was almost done with an album, he was living with his girlfriend, they had a dog now, and everything just seemed so perfect. Finn loved it, and he wouldn't change it for the world. He knew that Millie couldn't hear him but he didn't care as he muttered out his next words. He meant them and he knew he said them a lot but that didn't matter right now. Even if Millie was asleep, he wanted to put it out into the world.

"I love you...so, so much."

▪▪▪

Song: Electric Love by BØRNS

This uploaded w the old chapter?? Idk what's happening, anyway

Our puppy y'all I love him.

This was uploaded exactly 2 years ago to the date wowie. Time flies.

Maybe I'll just update these on the days they were originally updated now lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.5K 474 17
"𝖨 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖫𝗂𝗅." "𝖥𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌, 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖻𝖾𝗍 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒 𝗌𝗂𝗇𝗀𝗅𝖾 𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗌𝖾 𝖿𝗋𝖾𝖼𝗄𝗅𝖾𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝖨 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾...
6.8K 152 17
𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝟴𝟬𝘀 𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱, 𝗻𝗼 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗲𝘅𝗽𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗰. 𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗹𝗲𝘆 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝘄�...
532K 6K 93
In which I write preferences about people who don't even know I exist. REQUESTS ARE OPEN. Cover by: @sadiesxoxo Highest Rank: #1 in Cast Started: Ju...
292K 13.4K 42
"I'm definitely not one for revenge, babe."