Unbroken

By musicfreak4ever

Lucy is living her dream. She just nailed her first job as a professional dancer, and she has friends and fam... More

Chapter 1: Dizzy is All it Makes Us
Chapter 2: We Only Wana Have a Laugh
Chapter 3: Flashin' Lights in My Mind
Chapter 4: Try to Scream Out My Lungs
Chapter 5: Tell Me a Lie
Chapter 6: I'm Broken
Chapter 8: My Body Fails
Chapter 9: I Hear the Beat of My Heart Getting Louder
Chapter 10: And it All Makes Sense to Me

Chapter 7: Before You Leave Me Today

178 3 7
By musicfreak4ever

(A/N Hello lovelies! Sorry it's been forever! My cousin was over all last week so I was spending time with him. But, I'm back! This is dedicated to @shilkey1 because she's a soccer player and soccer players are just awesome! Anyway, here's chapter 7... ~Killian)

**************************************************************

"Alright, do you have everything, lovely?" I glanced around the hospital room one last time to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything. I did not want to come back here any time soon.

"Yep! I think that's everything!" I was leaving. Finally. My old leg cage - *ehem - I mean cast has been switched out for a smaller one. I now have crutches to aid my walking. I used to think crutches were cool. Whenever one of my friends had them, I would steal them and play around with them. But, now that I actually have to rely on them, they suck.

My hands cramped from clutching the handles for so long; and my armpits became sore after a while, so I would have to stop and take a break for a second.

Plus, they were slow as hell! You couldn't break five miles an hour with those pieces of crap. But, I had been practicing in the hospital, so I got the hang of them.

"Alright, lovely. Time to go." It was time to leave. I would pack my things today, and be on the morning flight tomorrow. I'm going home. No, I'm going back to Chicago. Here is my home. The dance studio is my home. Well, I guess I can have two homes.

I saw Patricia tear up just as I was about to leave. "Aw! Patricia, don't cry! You're gonna make me cry!" I gave her an uncomfortable hug, because my crutches were in the way. She squeezed back and whined a little.

"Oh, Lucy! You stay strong, lovely! You stay strong!"

My vision blurred with tears, but I refused to let them fall. I would never cry over something I cannot change again. "I will, Patricia. I will. You keep saving lives, okay?"

"Okay. I hope you have a wonderful life. I have a feeling you're going to be a one in a million."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"I don't know." Her eyes glazed over like she was pondering something. "Just, I know you're going to defy the odds, and do something extraordinary."

I grinned at her. I hoped she was right. "Bye, Patricia."

"Bye, Lucy." I picked up my bag and threw it over my shoulder underneath my crutches. "You better hurry if you wana send the boys off."

"Oh, shoot! I almost forgot!" I checked the clock, the boys left in an hour. I'd have just enough time to get there before they board. "I better get going, then."

I ran, or well, I hobbled, as fast as I could out of the room and down the hall. I heard Patricia yell behind me, "Remember, one in a million!"

I smiled reminiscently as I left the hospital to find my mom so she could drive me to the airport. I would be back there tomorrow for my flight. Then, I would be leaving England for (what I thought was) the last time.

********************************************************

The airport was bustling with people from all over the world. I would have just shoved through the crowd, and told everyone to get outta my way. But, unfortunately, whacking people with my crutches is frowned upon here in England.

I scurried to find the sign that held the locations of the gates. I had to find the one that was flying to Australia. That's where the boys are starting their tour. Dani told me they'd be gone for almost five months. Well, they'd be gone forever for me.

It really saddened me to think I wouldn't have Dani or the boys in my life anymore. I had grown very close to them since I'd been there. They were like my English family. My support system. My home away from home.

I think I'd miss Harry the most, though. I know Dani is practically my sister, but I'm going to miss Harry more. I don't know why, I just really enjoy his company. He knew me like the back of his hand, and I knew him like that as well.

We just clicked, and I'd miss that bond we'd shared.

I finally found the right board. They are set to leave from gate twenty-three. I turned my crutches up to full speed, and I began my travel through the maze that is the airport.

Most of the people were kind. They saw my crutches and moved out of the way, but you always gotta have a few ass wholes everywhere you go.

One man was chatting away on his hands free, and he cut me off. A mom wasn't paying attention with her stroller and rolled over my right big toe. It's still throbbing. Oh, and there was this bitchy teenager who completely knocked me over! She was fricken texting! And, she told me to "whatch where I was going." UGH! The nerve of some people!

I just brushed off her rudeness. I'd seen enough of that in Chicago. I continued hobbling through the airport to gate twenty-three. When I saw a gigantic crowd of fans screaming and snapping photos, well... I guess you could say I took the educated guess and concluded they were standing near gate twenty-three.

"Excuse me! Guys, I need to get through! Sorry! Excuse me!" I tried to weave my way nicely through the crowd of screaming fans. No one knew who I was, because I made it a point not to get spotted by the paps. I didn't want to world to be watching my every move and hating me for being friends with Dani and the boys.

All of them moved like the nice little girls they are, and I was able to reach Paul. "Hey, Paul. Can I come see them? I wana say good-bye."

Paul knew me from hanging out with the boys and Dani as often as I did. He was a great guy. A very big, very scary guy, but a great one nonetheless.

"Sure, go around the corner and take the first door on your left. They're in there right now."

"Thanks, Paul."

"Oh, and Lucy?"

"Yeah, Paul?"

He gave me a sympathetic smile and said, "I know you'll do okay in life."

I smiled thankfully at him, passing him a quick hug before anyone saw. "Thanks, Paul. I know I will, too."

My hands were stiff from cramps, and my armpits were dying slowly and painfully; but I didn't care. I needed to say good-bye to them. This would be the last time I'd have the chance to see them for a long time.

I found the door right where Paul said it would be. I knocked quietly before I let myself in. It's more difficult to open a door and walk through it on crutches than you might think.

"Hey, guys."

"Hey, Lucy!" Harry ran over to me with a huge grin on his face. "What're you doing here?"

"Oh, I just thought I'd go for a stroll. What do you think I'm doing here?" I thumped the back of his head lightly.

He just rolled his eyes and said, "I knew that, but I just didn't think you'd be able to make it on time. You cut it kinda close. You had me worried for a sec there."

"That's true!" Niall yelled from across the room. "He's been pacing for the last twenty minutes mumbling, 'When's Lucy gettin' here? I have to say good-bye! She should be here!'"

Harry blushed furiously and grunted, "Thanks, Niall. Way to make me look good."

I just laughed. I would miss this. I would miss Niall's jokes, Zayn's optimism, Louis' mischief, Liam's sensibility, and Harry. I would miss so much of Harry. His flirtatious attitude, his award-winning smile, his dimples, his innocent yet guilty look, and just him in general. I would just miss these five boys very much.

"Alright, my mother is waiting in the car, so I must bid you all a farewell quickly!" I hobbled over to Zayn and gave him a one-handed hug.

"I'm gonna miss you, Luce. Stay positive, okay?"

"Of course, Zayn." He gave me a sleepy smile and went to say bye to Perrie.

Next up was Louis. "Come on, bring it in you sassy piece of ass!" I smirked as Louis squeezed me to death. "Louis! Bones breaking! Lungs collapsing!"

He released his death grip and smirked mischievously. He turned back to Eleanor without another word. Niall took a quick bite of his sandwich before placing it down and hugging me. "Stay hungry, Luce."

"Um... Niall? That isn't exactly a positive thing to say..."

"Oh, right! I mean stay full."

"Of course you did." I giggled one last time before turning to Liam. Dani was a little bit behind him. I knew I would have to say bye to her tomorrow. That would be very difficult. I can guarantee there will be many tears shed.

"Keep these boys in line, will you Li?"

He smiled sadly, as if he wanted to change everything that was going on in that very moment. "I will, Lucy. I promise. Be careful, yeah?"

"Yeah, I will." He gave me a nice, comforting hug before I sent him off. All that was left now, was Harry. And boy, was I sad about it.

He glanced at the floor nervously, and I mimicked him. "So, Lucy... well, I guess... umm... well... I have no idea what to say."

I shook my head. "Me neither. I guess we don't have to say anything. Well, I do want to say something. I want to say... I hope you don't forget me. Because I sure as hell won't forget you."

He eyes became glossy with tears. "I promise that I will never, ever forget you, Lucy. That'd be impossible." I nodded too. My tears stabbed my eyes, pleading to wash away. I blinked them back, hoping to contain myself. "And, can you promise me something, Lucy?"

"Of course I can, Harry."

He sighed, as if he were preparing himself for this. "Before you leave me today, can you promise me that you won't give up?" I think he saw my confusion in my face, because he added, "In anything that you do. Whether it'd be... working at McDonald's or owning a company, I don't want you to ever give up. Because I believe you can do extraordinary things, Lucy. I truly do."

My tears won the battle and spilled over. I dropped my crutches to the floor and leaped off of my one foot into Harry's arms. I cried silently into his neck, and he cried in mine. "I love you so much, Harry, I'm gonna miss you so, so much."

He took a few deep breaths before responding, "I'm gonna miss you too. I'm not gonna stop thinking about you. I'll text as often as I can. We'll see each other again someday."

I laughed through the tears. "Yeah, I'll see you on the television for being wanted because you and Louis stole a car or something."

He laughed too, and I think Louis protested in the background; but I didn't pay attention to him. I was only focused on Harry and I. We stayed in our embraced position for a few more minutes until Paul came to inform the boys they had to leave.

We pulled apart, and Harry cupped my face in his hands, "Remember your promise."

"Remember yours too." We nodded to each other, and he kissed my forehead gently. This was the moment when Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, and Harry Styles left my life for good.

At least, that was the plan.

But, one always needs a Plan B.

*******************************************************

(A/N FINALLY! Ugh, that took me forever. I'm such a procrastinator. Anyway, I'm going to Wisconsin this weekend, so no upload until at least Monday. Sorry, my lovelies. Enjoy you weekend and the Olympics! ~Killian)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.5K 337 30
Hannah Anderson has gone through heartbreak and loss. She moves away, trying to escape the pain. Soon she meets one of the most famous bands in the w...
3.1M 21.8K 27
Calista Blake is an aspiring dancer in New York City. One Direction is a British-Irish boy band scheming to take over the world with their angelic vo...
17.9K 587 22
Louis is a dancer a very good dancer, but he's a perfectionist, insecure, and lonely. He's striving to get this one part that can change his boring l...
1.6K 28 13
Selena Thompson is going through one of the hardest parts in her life. Her little brother is terribly ill, and no one knows if he will survive. When...