A Dragon Rider's Element

By Trash_Queen_33

When dark armies and evils of the past awaken in the 21st century, anicent powers choose four new dragon ride... More

Dreams and Dragons ( 1 )
The Egg ( 2 )
One Hit K.O ( 3 )
Sardis ( 4 )
Athena ( 5 )
Alex ( 6 )
Sparing with Ty ( 7 )
Librarians ( 8 )
Kill it with Fire ( 9 )
Elemental ( 10 )
Wildfire ( 11 )
Beautiful Dreams ( 12 )
Deadly Nightmares ( 13 )
A Cruel Past ( 14 )
Taking Flight ( 15 )
The 4th Rider ( 16 )
Delicate Storms ( 17 )
My Saviors in Blue and Ivory ( 18 )
I Hate Plants ( 19 )
Thunder and Lightning ( 21 )
The Void ( 22 )
The Dual ( 23 )
Lies ( 24 )
Stepping Stones ( 25 )
Don't Forget The Sun ( 26 )
Tenaglia ( 27 )
The Vacuo ( 28 )
Fires and Shadows ( 29 )
A Life For A Life ( 30 )
Fires Brun At Midnight ( 31 )
Arial Battle Royal ( 32 )
Hotel Ecstasy ( 33 )
Scars ( 34 )
The Search ( 35 )
Orthrus ( 36 )
Friendly Fire ( 37 )
Jail Break ( 38 )
Desert Snowball Fight ( 39 )
Kyra's Library ( 40 )
The Gift ( 41 )
Death of Dreams ( 42 )
Eyes On The Horizon ( 43 )
The Beginning Of The End ( 44 )
Bad Dog ( 45 )
Ophelia ( 46 )
The Awakening ( 47 )
The Black Knight ( 48 )
Me and My Shadow ( 49 )
The Fall of Thunder ( 50 )
The Final Dawn ( 51 )
Only One King ( 52 )
How We Fall ( 53 )
Confessions ( 54 )

This is why I Don't Socialize ( 20 )

5.9K 271 19
By Trash_Queen_33

Ty cradled me in his arms as we and the others made are way to the infirmary followed by our dragons.

However when we arrived there wasn't much left.

The brunet wood and shattered glass covered the ground leaving only an unstable and caved in building soaked in black ash.

Ty sighed heavily and sat me down gently.

"Search the area for anything medical supplies that are usable," Ty ordered.

The others spread out I went to stand but Ty stopped me.

"No, stay here."

"Why my legs fine."

"You need to rest. Please stay here."

"Fine," I said crossing my arm over my chest like a child.

"Thank you," He said with a small smile as he walked away to join the others.

I sat down waiting for the others to return. When they did Ray was the only one that had found supplies that were useful. A half-burned roll of bandages. He handed it to Ty who sighed and shoved it in his pocket.

"Alright go to your cabin and see if they're still standing, gather your things and we'll meet back here for camp."

Once again the team left and headed in different directions. I stood up and this time Ty allowed me, but he still stayed but my side as well walked to my cabin.

"Are you good? I can carry you again if you like?"

"No, I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me.

"Well, any sane person would worry if they saw one of their friends get eaten by a giant plant."

"True." I laughed.

We arrived at my cabin and it wasn't in much better shape than the infirmary.

"I'll help you look for anything that survived the fire," Ty said placing his hand on my shoulder giving a reassuring smile.

"Thanks."

As we searched the burned-down cabin something a small glare caught my eye. I walked over to it and pulled it out of the rubble. When I cleaned it off I realized that it was my shield. So this is where I left it.

"Larisa, what's this?" Ty asked coldly.

I rose and turned to face him. When I did my chest grew heavy as I saw what he had in his hands.

Sardis's note.

How the hell did that thing survive the dam fire? This is just my luck.

"When did he give this to you?" He said his tone holding no emotion.

"When we first meet the night you found me," I explained.

"And you keep it... why?"

"I don't know. Frankly, I had forgotten about it."

"Well, you kept it so I guess you'll want it back", He said as he put it in my hands.

I looked down at the paper in my hand and stared at it for a moment before I crushed in my first and set it ablaze turning it into nothing but ash.

When I looked up at Ty I could that he was pleased but his face held no emotion.

"We should head back and group up with the others," Ty said as he started walking back towards the infirmary.

When we returned the others and their dragons were waiting for us. By the looks of things, Ray and Jason had gone and gathered some firewood for Alex who was attempting to start a fire. However, he wasn't getting very far.

"How is it that one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire." Alex groaned as his attempts failed.

"I could start it if you want," I said as flame danced across my fingertips.

"I hate you."

I walked to the pallet of firewood Alex had constructed. I place my hand of the woods rough bark and my hand sparked into flames. Soon followed by the dry wood.

I sat down next to the fire as did the others.

"You all should get some rest tomorrow we'll figure out our next move. Jason, you're on the first watch." Ty said.

I did just that as sleep took over me.

*****

"Larisa get up!!!!"

I opened my eyes at the sound of Athena's voice.

"What," I said as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes to see the night sky.

"Raikou and Tyranis are gone"

"What do you mean gone."

"Gone. I woke up and they weren't here. I can't smell them, either."

"That can't be good."

I got up from my makeshift bed on the ground and grabbed my sword and shield and put them on my back.

"Athena fly up and see if you can spot them, okay."

She nodded and took off into the night sky.

I looked around for clues. I wasn't any Sherlock Homes, but Ty's smart if something happened he'd leave some kind of clue.

I didn't find any mystery novel class clues but I did find was what I think was a footprint leading to the woods. The prints were far apart so I guess the person was running.

As I made my way threw the woods I heard voices. I made towards them someone grabbed me and pulled me down.

I went to punch my attacker but stopped when I saw who it was.

Ty.

"God Ty you scared me. What are you doing out here?" I asked.

"Sorry just trying clear my head."

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good. But we should head back to the others."

"But I heard voices. Shouldn't we check it out."

"No! We should head back."

"Ty are you alright"

"I'm fine we should go."

"You go I'll going to check out," I said wearily. Something was right here and I'm going to find out what.

"No, we're going." He said as he grabbed my wrist.

I looked back at him and his eyes flash a dranrgous red before returning to icy blue.

Then realizion hit me this wasn't Ty.

I summoned in my hand burning him. He let go and stumbled back hissing in pain.

"Larisa why d-"

"Drop the act. Who are you," I said as I drew my sword and pointed it at his neck.

Its eyes flashed red and a devilish smirk painted his face. Before I could react it backhand my sword out of my hand and its hand around my back against a tree. I clawed at his arm but to no avail.

I stopped as I heard clapping. I looked to my side and saw a black shape. As it walked closer I saw what it was or who.

 Sardis.

"Well done Larisa. Not many people can see through a Deceiver like that." Sardis said as the hand around my neck melted away to reveal a black monster.

Its red eyes still lay on me as Sardis spoke.

"Do you that Deceiver can only change their form if they touch a biological part of the person. Like, say a strand of hair." Sardis said as he snapped his fingers.

On-call two Askari emerged from the shadows carrying a tied up and blood Ty between them.

"And I had plenty of little hairs." Sardis finished.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211 13 23
Ivelle Preston had a perfectly normal life. She grew up in small English town, and she always wished she had a more adventurous life. Her wish came t...
172K 10.3K 60
As a Dragon Rider with newly acquired mage abilities, Norah Crimson is trying to find her place in the world. But her self-discovery will have to wai...
795K 16K 13
I grew up in a world where dragon riders were revered for not only their bravery and looks, but also for their intelligence. Children would spend day...
224K 19.6K 50
Thank you to everyone who loved the story! Reeling from a devastating loss Jake McCall takes refuge in the Texas hill country hoping to find peace. T...