RWBY: Pale Heart

By LVonarch

(F/N) Light was by all accounts a smart kid, he was good at understanding how things worked but when it came... More

Chapter 1: Peers
Chapter 2: First Day Blues
Chapter 3: Short Stay
Chapter 4: My Haven
Chapter 5: Jaded
Chapter 7: Et Moriar
Chapter 8: With Friends Like These
Chapter 9: To Set The Stone
Chapter 10: Close Calls
Chapter 11: The Devil On Your Shoulder
Chapter 12: Fail, Fall, And Fate
Chapter 13: Plucking Feathers
Chapter 14: All Things Must Die
Chapter 15: Dragons Never Die
Chapter 16: In The Beginning
Chapter 17: Passengers
Chapter 18: Grimm On A Train
Chapter 19: Cold Welcome
Chapter 20: Bergwerk
Chapter 21: Actions Speak
Chapter 22: Snow And Sand
Chapter 23: Hello Red
Chapter 24: The Darkness Inside

Chapter 6: Going Downhill

6.1K 153 137
By LVonarch

(F/N) POV

The second quarter was nearly over and with it so was my heart. I tried what Lapis suggested and pursued Reese, along the way I also ended up with Arslan, it felt like the past was repeating, that feeling wasn't wrong. When I finished the prototype of the Cell, I found myself continuing to work on it, trying to make the gauntlets lighter and more compact, giving the glasses more features. Understandably after I forgot about several dates in favor of working on my weapon, Reese decided to cheat on me. Oddly it was Arslan who told me about it, then again our relationship was more professional then it was an actual relationship.

It was during the weekend, around the afternoon where I could always be found in the workshop, Arslan had told me what Reese had been doing the other day. Around this time on the weekend her and her secret boyfriend would go behind the gym to meet up, so instead of working on the Cell any further I went there to see them. I arrived a little after they did, when they got close I took out my scroll and caught a picture of them kissing. Shortly after sending it to Reese her scroll went off.

Reese: "Hold on one sec." She takes out her scroll. "Someone finally got away from their-"

She cut herself off and turned to see me at the end of the building, she called for me in shock while I walked away, she tried to catch up to me but Arslan came seemingly out of nowhere and grabbed Reese by her hoodie. I went to my teams' room, walking in on Cyan changing, they had gotten used to me not being around at this time.

(F/N): "Women are the worse."

Cyan: "Right now I beg to differ." She said covering herself.

Auburn: "If we're being honest everyone has the potential to be the worse, those who can't accept that idea are a delusional optimist who can't see the world is a gray area and not easily defined by either good or evil." We all just stopped to look at her. "There was a sale on amateur philosophy and other books meant to provoke thought."

(F/N): "Of course there was." I went over to my bed and crashed my face into the pillow while Cyan grabbed her clothes and went to the bathroom.

Lapis: "Soo... what happened?" I sit up and sternly look at her.

(F/N): "Reese plus cheated on me equals kind of in a bad mood."

Lapis: "Wow, you have really bad luck with women." My stern look became a glare but I ended up rolling my eyes. When the door knocked I got up and opened it to be see Arslan.

Arslan: "Hey, I just wanted to see how you were holding up."

(F/N): "I'm fine. In fairness I did neglect her so... yeah."

Arslan: "Not to make excuses for her but she lacks the maturity to be in a proper relationship. Still, she should have spoke with you."

(F/N): "And I should have spent more time with her, but it's in the past now. I just need sometime alone."

Arslan: "Alright, but if you need someone to talk to I'm here."

(F/N): "Thanks." I shut the door and go back to my bed.

Lapis: "So what are you going to do?"

(F/N): "I don't know."

Auburn: "Do you want my advice?"

(F/N): "Is it from your philosophy books?"

Auburn: "No, it's from personal experience. When you no longer have a grand purpose in life, or a dream you wish to achieve, create a small goal that's within reach."

(F/N): "Hmm... there are missions coming up."

Auburn: "Set your goal to completing it, see how you feel afterwards."

(F/N): "This is why you're the leader sometimes."

Lapis: "Oh! Maybe that's your semblance! Self misery!"

(F/N): "You really need to learn when to speak and when not to."

Lapis: "Ha ha... sorry."

Cyan: "Okay, done. So what happened?"

Lapis: "Reese cheated on (F/N) because he neglected her." I sit up, go over to Lapis, and slap her up side the head.

Cyan: "Hey! No hitting each other."

(F/N): "Cute birthmark." Her face went red, she came over and smack me, in return I gave her two, turning it into a clap fight.

Auburn: *sigh* "Well, at least things aren't depressing."

(Time Skip as Chibi (F/N) and Chibi Immortal glare at Chibi Grimm talking with his wives)

Later after Cyan and I stopped slapping each other, ending with both of us having red faces, us and the rest of the team went to the training arenas for some bonding. Bonding in other words meaning fighting, Lapis and I were against Auburn and Cyan, despite the fact that she be a pain, Lapis is surprisingly a good partner. Cyan went down quick, but Auburn's swiftness with her feet and blade cut down Lapis' aura and went after me. I threw my rifle to the side and activated the gauntlets with my voice, the nanobots swarmed out, I command it to create a wall to block Auburn.

I quickly took out my glasses and command the nanobots to enter attack mode, to deal with Auburn quickly I made them form a long floating metal wire wrap her, she was then smashed into the ground multiple times till her aura broke. I put the glasses away and deactivated the gauntlets, the nanobots returned to storage in them. Auburn got back on her feet pretty quickly while Cyan and Lapis walked up between us.

Lapis: "That's broken."

Cyan: "I have to agree with her on that."

Auburn: "Yeah, but imagine that on Grimm." Lapis nods.

Lapis: "It would cut through a lot."

(F/N): "Sadly it's not as fun as I was hoping."

Cyan: "You just took Auburn with little effort."

(F/N): "But it's not fun, come on you've seen the Vytal Festival Tournament right?"

Auburn: "In terms of entertainment he's right, the execution of skill is always more impressive."

Cyan: "I guess, but that weapon is still broken."

Lapis: "You could literally overwhelm someone with that swarm, restrain them, and the fight is over."

(F/N): "Yeah." I look at the gauntlets, thinking, I was till I heard someone.

Reese: "Hey..." I turned to see her walk up to us. "Can we talk?"

Lapis: "Why would he-"

(F/N): "Lapis, go with team mom and get some ice cream."

Lapis: "Fine." She got in Reese's face. "I'm still made at you."

(F/N): "Lapis." She groaned while she left with Cyan. "Yes Reese?"

Reese: "I um... wanted to talk... and Arslan told me to after I thought about what I did."

(F/N): "And?"

Reese: "I enjoyed being with you, I always had fun but... how many times did you pick your weapon over me? I just felt like a tool, you only wanted to be with me when you needed someone to have fun with, to be with."

(F/N): "And I can see why you felt that way, but was cheating really necessary?"

Reese: "No, but was installing a dozen different camera modes in your glasses necessary? Choosing to work on that over spending time with your girlfriend? No."

(F/N): "Yes I should have given you more attention, but that doesn't justify cheating."

Reese: *sigh* "I... I just want to know where we stand."

(F/N): "There isn't a we, that should tell you." She lowers her head.

Reese: "It does... so what now?"

(F/N): "You go on with your life, I go on with mine."

Reese: "Alright." She said with a low voice and left, Auburn walked up beside me.

Auburn: "Well you both handled that like mature adults."

(F/N): "No, I just don't want to go to jail." She raised an eye brow to my statement. "I'm really pissed off inside."

Auburn: "Would ice cream cheer you up?"

(F/N): "Yes, yes it would." Auburn and I went to the cafeteria to meet up with the others after we put our gear away, there we grabbed our treat and went over to Cyan and Lapis, the latter of whom was pouting.

Lapis: "I still don't see why I couldn't teach her a lesson."

Cyan: "Did the lesson involve punching?"

Lapis: "Yes."

Cyan: "That's way."

(F/N): "You know you could just drop it."

Lapis: "But you should be mad, I don't get how you can be so okay with this." I take a deep breath and stand up, I put all of my anger and strength into punching a hole into the wooden table. "Yeah... like that."

(F/N): "Ow... next time I'll just yell." I held my hand in slight pain as I sat back down.

Cyan: "I think you're going to have to pay for that."

(F/N): "Whatever." I moved my bowl of ice cream closer. "I just want it dropped okay?"

Guy: "And she goes running off after him." I slam my head on the table after hearing that come from the two guys walking by.

(F/N): "Some god has it out for me." I get up and call my locker which lands next to me, if my punch through the table didn't get peoples attention the locker smashing through the ceiling did. "Hey!" The guys look back to me as I put on the gauntlets. "Are you bad mouthing Reese?"

Guy: "What if I am?"

(F/N): "Good, I need a reason to kick someones ass in." I activated the nanobots and charged them.

(Time Skip as Chibi (F/N) watches Chibi Rose and Chibi Emerald going out on a date)

I was now sitting in the headmasters office after sending both students to the hospital, Lionheart was lecturing me on the damages and my actions. The rest of my team stayed out of it, though Cyan had to hold Lapis back from getting involved. If I had to be honest I didn't really care about getting punished for what I did, all of my anger is pretty much gone. He stops his lecture to answer his scroll, he's on it for a few minutes. When he's done he puts the scroll on his desk and looks at me.

Lionheart: "Do you wish to know how many bones were broken?"

(F/N): "I'm guessing a lot."

Lionheart: "You shattered a leg."

(F/N/): "Yeah, I need to fix the fragile setting, it tends to break things."

Lionheart: "When I first met you I didn't think you'd ever end up in my office. Mr. Light, what happened?"

(F/N): "I'm just... I'm going through some stuff. I promise I will be back to my normal self soon."

Lionheart: "If it is something the school could help with you need only speak up, not starting fights and sending students to the hospital."

(F/N): "You'd really help?"

Lionheart: "Yes, it is the whole purpose of the academy to help students grow and become proper Huntsmen and Huntresses."

(F/N): "Well if that's the case, Auburn thought a mission might help."

Lionheart: "In other words you want a mission early." I nod. "I shouldn't approve given what you've done... but we could call it community service. I'll look for a mission in the meantime I suggest you go to your room and keep out of any more fights."

(F/N): "Yes sir, thank you." I did as he said and started heading to my room, that was till Reese and Arslan ran up to me.

Arslan: "Sorry, I tried to stop her."

Reese: "(F/N) what happened?! We heard you started a fight."

(F/N): "The guy was just being an ass, now if you'll get out of the way I need to see my team." Without waiting for a response I simply left and made it the rest of the way to my room where my team was waiting.

Cyan: "(F/N), so what's going to happen? How much trouble are you in? *gasp* Are you getting expelled?!"

(F/N): "No, I'm not getting expelled. Actually we're going on a mission once Lionheart picks one."

Lapis: "Really?! This going to be awesome!"

(F/N): "I'm sure it will be."

Later that day I received a message from Lionheart giving us the mission details. We've been assigned to a village in need of a few Huntsmen to deal with the slight increase of Grimm in the area. I told the others that the Bullhead would be taking us tomorrow, so we spent the last few hours of the day packing things for the trip. When night came we all slept comfortably in our beds, unaware of the events ahead of us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 6.4K 40
(F/N) doesn't remember where he came from, he doesn't even know anything about the world. Events get set in motion after Ozpin, Glynda, and Qrow find...
326K 4.3K 20
You were a huntsman-in-training and went to the infamous Beacon Academy. You were strong on your own, and you led a strong team with teammates who co...
39.9K 677 17
(Y/N) (L/N) is a strange faunus with no memories of his past. When Professor Ozpin allows him to attend Beacon Academy, he will have to work with his...
13.3K 131 40
After crashing into the planet you now know as remnant you quickly realise that you are stuck here forever with your friend. Choosing to settle down...