Behind that facade VxBTS

By MANOyage

Kim Taehyung would never have imagined how worse his life could be. The one thing he loved more than anything... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chaper eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter forteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chalter twenty nine

Chapter thirty

13.9K 432 246
By MANOyage

People want me to continue but come on.. It'll get boring if I drag it too long.. I'll make this last chapter longer instead..

At first it was going to be like about 700-800 words but okay then.. it's almost 4K now..

I wrote it in one go... My wrist and fingers hurt.. And I'm sleepy..

Let's add another character to make it even more fun..

They were supposed to talk, but Taehyung left as soon as the fansign ended. Though, Instead of just disappearing, he did leave a message in the group chat that he'll be back soon.

Taehyung went to the grandmother's house and knocked.

A minute later, she came out, hugged him and then pulled him inside. Grandma just sat on the couch while Tae lied down with his head in her lap.

Exactly like the day they first met.

Taehyung had told her everything. She was the only person who had kept him sane through everything and he was thankful to God for bringing this blessing into his life.

The grandma had only one son, who died with his wife in a car accident. They had left her with only one grandson who was doing his military service for the time being, leaving the poor lady alone in her small house.

Turned out, she was actually pretty rich but since she was alone for now, she had decided to stay in her husband's old house where they both had lived shortly after getting married.

That's why she was so attached with Taehyung and had decided to take care of him. Because she knew what it was like to feel so alone as there was a time when she was also left alone when her son and daughter-in-law died shortly after her husband.

And also because he reminds her of his grandson.

Taehyung fell asleep while grandma ran her hands through his hair.

He was once again woken up by his phone ringing. Seeing that it was his brother calling, he picked it up immediately without a second thought.

"We found her!" His brother exclaimed, excitedly and happily.

Taehyung felt like the Mount Everest placed on his heart was finally lifted and he took a deep breath.

Thank God.

"Hyung... she wants to talk to you." V's mouth dried and his blood ran cold. He bit his lip, hesitating in answering.

Since the speaker was on, grandma heard what was going on and she nodded in encouragement.

After Taehyung agreed, the phone was silent for a while when a soft hello was said on the other line.

"Tae?" She used his nickname again and V smiled as his eyes teared up.

"M-Mom." He said and his heart filled with happiness when she didn't say anything like don't call me that or I'm not your mother.

They talked for a while. Well, it was mostly crying as they both apologised to each other and then argued that the other had nothing to apologise for.

V promised her that he'll be home as soon as he was done with BTS promotions. In return, she promised to take care of herself and not scare her poor son ever again.

The grandma then nicely kicked him out, telling him to go home and finally talk to his members.

Something that he should have done a long time ago.

They sat in the living room, hurdled closer to each other. Taehyung admitted that he wants to tell them but it's hard for him to repeat everything that happened as it was still fresh and hurt to think about.

They all nodded in understanding, saying that he doesn't have to tell them now and admitted that they forced Sejin to tell them everything anyway on the day of photoshoot.

Despite the heavy subject, Taehyung laughed a little genuinely.

"So that's why you were acting so weird!"

Jin knew what Taehyung was trying to do  so he also tried his best to lighten up the mood.

"Yah! Don't make fun of us, you rascal." He said, pretending to be offended.

The atmosphere was pretty sweet and gentle as they all cuddled close to each other, watching television.

"What happened to Minseok, hyung?" Jungkook said out of nowhere, making the hyungs glare at him, except for Tae.

"It's okay! You don't have to answer." Jungkook said hurriedly when he felt everyone's glare.

Curse me and my curiosity.

Taehyung just shook his head.

"It's okay, really. He turned himself in. I guess he really did love my mother. When he found out that she attempted... uh.. you know, he drowned in guilt for doing everything he did."

Everyone stayed silent.

"Do you.... do you hate him?" Hoseok asked and this time, the glares turned towards him, making his ears go red as he laughed nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Honestly? No. I did but not anymore. I hope he gets help and gets better." Taehyung mumbled, looking down.

The rest of them just smiled this time, thinking the exact same thing.

Namjoon ruffled his hair, giving him a proud look.

Our nice little Taehyung.

Always the kindest and sweetest angel.

"On another note. Seriously though, stop acting like I'm going to break down crying at every sensitive question. I'm not that weak!" He pouted.

Everyone blinked, silent for a minute.

And then...

"Thank the god! It was killing me to act all nice and shit." Yoongi huffed, crossing his arms after adding an ungrateful little brat under his breath which everyone clearly heard and laughed at him.

The nice and light atmosphere was back again and they all just stayed together that night, hoping that everything would be perfect from now on.

That was supposed to be the ending but since I got a lot more love than I ever expected, it's for all the lovely people out there who showed me and the book much love..

Spoiler Alert!!! Prepare for jealous Bangtan.. 😉

Kinda-like-an-epilogue starts here..
Enjoy~

Taehyung opened his tear filled eyes, as he woke up from a nightmare. It had been two weeks since he came back to Daegu, after BTS were given a well-deserved three weeks break.

During their promotions, he was somewhat happy and the members helped him deal with everything a lot. Since he had been back, his father's missing presence was even more noticeable and this time he had no members to help him out. Of course, they talked everyday, let it be on video call or texts and he was more than thankful to them for still taking care of him even though they were all so far away at the moment. But it was times like these when he missed them more than anything.

His siblings were back to their hostels, studying while his mother was now busy with her job so he tried not to disturb her during the only hours of rest she gets.

The only person keeping him company physically was his cousin, Yoochan who had come back from America to temporarily live with his alone aunt.

He entered Yoochan's room without knocking and gently fell on his bed, trying not to wake the older. Yoochan, however did wake up immediately and grabbed his dongsaeng to hug him.

"Another nightmare?" Taehyung simply hummed in answer as he snuggled closer.

His nightmares had gradually gotten less frequent and his eating habits were almost back to normal now. But some of these days when he would wake up in cold sweat and teary eyes, he felt as if he was back to square one. That he'll never be able to become the same old guy he used to be.

"Stop thinking." Yoochan whispered, making Taehyung open his eyes. He stared back at his cousin, giving a little smile.

"How do you always find out?" He lightly smiled.

"Because I'm your Hyungie. I know everything when it comes to you!" He smiled back, giving a small laugh.

"No you don't." V challenged, making him narrow his eyes.

"Of course, I do! You know when you were a baby, I was even able to identify your diapers among the rest of the children." He wiggles his eyebrows.

"Ew, hyungie! What is wrong with you?!" Taehyung laughed out loud, making Yoochan laugh as well.

"You were only six when I was born. That's impossible." He said when he calmed down a bit, making Yoochan shake his head in denial.

"No it isn't. Don't forget, I'm the smartest person in the family." He said proudly while winking.

It was quite true actually. As soon as he finished high school, he received a scholarship and went to America. After graduating as the top student of his University, declining all the jobs he was offered by very successful companies, he instead chose to start his own business which turned out very successful.

Now he was here on a leave for a couple of months until Taehyung's brother graduates and gets a job. Then, he will go back as soon as Tae's brother and mother both move to Seoul, near Taehyung.

They both relished in the presence of each other, Taehyung not sleepy at all while Yoochan tried hard to stay up for his dongsaeng, waiting for him to fall asleep first just like always. Taehyung noticed that and nudged him.

"Go to sleep, hyungie."

Yoochan simply hummed, still not closing his eyes.

"Come on..." Tae whined.

"As soon as you do." He replied back but then raised his eyebrows at the younger.

"Are you planning to escape again?"

"What? No... Of course not!" He mumbled, knowing fully well that he was caught.

Yoochan sighed, making Taehyung pout.

"Fine. Only for a while. Please?" He gave him the puppy eyes.

"Only if I come with you." He got up but Tae grabbed his arm to pull him back on the bed.

"Just go to sleep. I know you're tired because of that hours long conference call. Besides, I've been there a thousand times. It's not like something is going to happen to me."

Yoochan pressed his lips lightly before giving Tae a serious look, unlike his usual fun and mischievous one.

"You know how worried I was when I heard the news? Especially since I couldn't come back. I didn't even have enough time to sleep for a couple of hours because of the newly launched software program. I was so miserable due to exhaustion but then suddenly no one was picking up their phones or replying to texts. Then out of nowhere, mum tells me that uncle passed away but I still couldn't come back..." he trailed off, leaving Taehyung guilty for not telling him.

"You know why we did that, hyungie. There wasn't any point. Just like you said, It wasn't like you could've come back to help." He hugged him, trying to make him feel better.

"At least I could have helped you feel better. Or do you think that my words wouldn't have mattered? We've always been together, even when we were far away from each other, we still always supported each other. But that one time when you needed my help more than ever, I wasn't able to do so."

"I'm sorry." Taehyung's voice came out muffled as his face was pressed against the older's chest.

"Well I'm glad that's out of my system!" Yoochan said after a while, cheerfully, trying to lighten up the mood. Taehyung smiled at the oh-so-obvious attempt.

"Now go to sleep." He said sternly, making Yoochan narrow his eyes.

"Yah! Don't order me around!" He replied back, making Taehyung giggle.

"Just be back early, okay?" Yoonchan said as he let go of Taehyung after ruffling his hair.

"I will." He assured, even though both of them knew that it's not going to happen.

~~~~~~~<><><><><><><>~~~~~~~

Six members of Bangtan stood in front of the medium sized two story house. All of them had met up at the airport after they decided to go visit Tae and spend the last week of vacation with him.

They could only imagine the surprised Taehyung when he would see them.

He'll jump around like an excited puppy, hugging each and every one of them while showing off his boxy smile.

They all smiled at the thought when Jimin said it out loud. They were hella excited to see him.

Namjoon knocked on the door. He waited but no one answered, making him knock a little louder. The door opened.

Instead of a smiley Tae or his kind mother, an almost young man came out, frowning as he rubbed his sleepy eyes.

"Yes?" He yawned, eyes still closed.

"Uh...." Namjoon stared as well as the rest of the members.

"Oh... Hi." Yoochan finally opened his eyes and recognised the guests. He opened the door wide to let them enter.

The members, even though confused, still greeted him as they sat down.

"Oh forgive me! I'm Kim Yoochan. Taehyung's cousin." He smiled cheerfully. They could easily see the similar cheeriness in him like Taehyung's.

"Fortunately, no one's home except me so make yourself comfortable!" He smiled brightly while the members tried not to be awkward. The exact same friendliness as Tae.

He was such a replica of V when it came to personality but totally different in looks. Normal everyday Tae was adorable and cute when he wasn't performing but this man had a mature look to him, completely opposite to his cheerful image that he was portraying.

They all sat down and drank the colddrinks they were offered.

"Umm.. Yoochan-ssi. Where's Tae?" Jin asked formally, making Yoochan frown. Jin suddenly became worried that he offended him somehow even though he couldn't, for the life of him, come up with what he could've done wrong. But only a couple seconds later, Yoochan's smile came back. He looked at Jin's expression and immediately cleared up.

"No don't worry! It's just, I know a lot about you all. Tae never stops talking about you. I almost didn't notice that it's our first time meeting." He chuckled.

"Speaking of him, where did he go this early in the morning. It's only six." Suga frowned.

"Uh... I'll call him." He half-smiled and grabbed his phone from the dining table. He dialled the number. All of them looked around startled when the ringing came from somewhere under them. They got up, finding Tae's phone under the cushion of the couch.

"Looks like he forgot his phone." Yoochan chuckled nervously.

After a minute of awkward silence, he got up.

"You guys, make yourself at home. I'll go look for him." He scrambled up, trying to get away.

"Yoochan~ssi!" He turned around to look at Jimin who had spoken up.

"You mean you don't know where he is?" Jimin asked, suddenly worried.

What's even going on here?

"Uh... I have a pretty good idea." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

Suddenly, everyone was up on their feet, ready to make their way out to go and look for him.

"Let's split up." Namjoon suggested, making the rest of the members nod while Yoochan just stared at their sudden bodyguard mode.

"Ohkay stop stop stop. You all, stay here. I'm sure I know where he is. Besides, you don't even know the neighbourhood. Who'll be responsible if you got lost or got mobbed or kidnapped by crazy fangirls?" He raised his eyebrows.

Well, he does have a point.

"Fine, we'll go with you then instead since you're sure." Yoongi said, already making his way out.

Yoochan sighed. He already knew what kind of personality this particular rapper had so instead of arguing, he just went along.

They all followed Yoochan out, silently worrying and wondering where Tae was.

After about a half an hour walk, they arrived at a place that seemed to be a graveyard.

They understood immediately.

They passed a couple of graves, dead leaves crinkling under their feet. Walking a couple of meters, Yoochan used his hands gestures, silently telling them to stay here. They all looked around, finally noticing the small frame of a boy in between two very close graves. His head was against one of the tombstones, as his chest rose up and down slowly.

Is he asleep? Here?

Yoochan made his way towards Tae who was sleeping a bit uncomfortably between his father's and grandmother's grave. His jeans were ripped from the knees where small cuts were easily visible.

Yoochan gently touched his cheek.

"Hey... Time to wake up, taetae." He said softly, trying not to scare him. His efforts went to waste when Tae shot his scared eyes open, staring at him, completely panicked.

"It's just me." Taehyung relaxed at his words and jolted a bit forward to grab Yoochan, hugging him tightly.

Yoochan only gripped tighter, rubbing his back.

"It's dad's birthday, today." Taehyung mumbled, tears silently falling. Yoochan cursed himself in his mind.

Why don't I ever bother to check what date it is?!

"Hyungie?" Yoochan hummed back, telling him that he's listening.

"D-Dad is.... He's..." Taehyung sobbed.

"It's okay." He said softly.

"He's a-allergic to d-dust..." Tae cried harder, the thought had suddenly hit him while he was sleeping.

"They've b-buried him i-in there. He w-won't be able to b-breath."

Yoochan just comforted him without words, not knowing what to say.

The members simply stared with aching hearts when they heard Taehyung. They knew he was still hurting but they had imagined him a lot better than he actually was.

After a while, Tae fell asleep in Yoochan's arms who struggled a bit to carry him on his back. After he was done, he walked back towards the direction of their house, murmuring to the members that they should get back home before someone notices.

Arriving home, Hoseok helped him put Tae to bed and then came down. They found V's mother who had just come home from her night shift. She hugged them all, fussing like any mother would about their health.

Then she made heavy breakfast for all of them. The boys helped her, knowing she must be tired from all the work. Yoochan nicely forced her to go sleep when she refused to leave without setting the table. Instead, they all served everything.

They were still setting the dishes when Sleepy Tae came down, exactly like Yoochan had.

"Hyungie." He said sleepily, rubbing his eyes and yawning.

The members smiled, looking at the adorable view.

"Cute." Yoochan, Jin and Hoseok said at the same time and then looked at each other. Yoochan laughed it off whereas Jin and Hoseok frowned.

Hearing their voices, Tae's eyes opened wide, a smile took place instead of the sleepy pout.

He smiled even wider when he saw all of them. He ran towards them, jumping around and hugging everyone tightly.

Just like we thought.

They all laughed and hugged him back as well. Then they sat down together to eat.

While eating, all the members stared at Yoochan who was forcing Tae to eat each and everything. He would fill his glass with juice for him, bring the dishes of food closer to him, putting food on his plate etcetra.

Feeling uncomfortable with the stares, Tae tried to do everything himself. Although he was used to Yoochan being Yoochan, it was new for the members to see Tae depending on someone so much. Seeing Taehyung ignoring him, Yoochan pouted.

What's wrong with him? Why is he acting so uncomfortable?

He stared at Taehyung as well who tried to ignore everyone and just eat. Suddenly, Yoochan picked his meat up and put it in Taehyung's bowl, making the rest of the members frown.

We didn't know they were this close...

Tae tried to talk which worked to some extent, but the conversation died eventually when Yoochan tried to explain how the new software program worked. It was a pretty boring subject to talk about on the dining table, even for Yoochan who loved computers more than himself.

"Hyungie, can you pass me the salt, please?" Tae asked. All of his six hyungs on the table went forward to grab that one bottle of salt while Tae and Jungkook stared at the sight. Everyone looked at each other, sitting back down when Yoochan was the first one to grab it.

He laughed genuinely at the situation while the members faked it.

"You call your members "Hyungie" too, Taetae? Didn't we decide that the name was just for me?" Yoochan laughed, unaware of the atmosphere.

The members glared at the table while Tae just shook his head, mumbling Oh Lord under his breath.

They all finished soon after that, sitting down in the living room.

Jungkook was getting bored so he suggested going somewhere. Yoochan jumped excitedly, going on and on about this carnival at a three hour drive. The members scowled.

Is he going with us?

Tae agreed, leaving to go have a shower first.

They tried not to look at Yoochan, in order to not make the situation more awkward. He, however, had other plans.

"I know you're worried but don't be."

Wait, what?

The members looked at him.

"He's a lot better. The nightmares are almost gone now and he's eating well too. You just arrived at a bad timing but it's not that bad actually. So I'm saying this again, don't worry too much." Yoochan gave them a warm smile, finally giving off the glimpse of how he was the oldest one in the room.

"I was worried for the first two-three years about him living with complete strangers, despite him assuring me millions of times. You know how much of an innocent and kind soul he is. But later, hearing him talk about you all the time, how nice and cool you were and how you treat him, I started to have a little peace of mind. So, thank you for taking care of him all this time." They were in a comfortable silence this time which was broken by Taehyung's mother.

"Yoochan, shouldn't I be saying those words? Are you trying to steal my baby from me or something, huh?" She grabbed his ear.

"Ow, ow! No, I'm not. Sorry, Auntie!" He tried to free himself.

"Who's going to fix the fence that you broke yesterday? You promised you will today but now you're escaping to the carnival." Yoochan rubbed his ear.

"I'll do it tomorrow, promise!" Tae's mother made a move to grab his ear again, calling him a liar but he successfully escaped this time.

"God! Are you trying to kill me or something?" She was going to reply but Jungkook spoke up.

"Auntie! Can we please take him today? Since we're here for the whole week, we'll help him fix it tomorrow. Please?" He used his natural aegyu on her, making her agree immediately while pinching his cheeks. The rest of the members laughed while Yoochan pouted.

"Of course! Believe him and not your own flesh and blood." He muttered under his breath.

"What was that?" She gave him a look.

"Nothing!" He yelled, running away to Tae who just came down, freshly showered.

"Tae! You're the only one who loves me in this house! Save me from theses monsters!" He said dramatically, trying to hug him.

Tae laughed at his childishness, telling him to go get ready already.

This is going to be one of the best days ever. Me with my hyungies and Kookie.

The End

Confession:

The story was supposed to be romance where Tae falls in love with a female kpop idol who's going through something similar to what Tea deals with in this one. I just changed the plan last minute because damn, it's really hard to come up with a group name and the members name, not to mention other stuff like their company and everyone's personality.

The story line would have been quite different to some extent but still similar to this in some context.

Want me to write it?

Will you read it if I do?

Anyways, thank you for reading and voting and commenting and giving me much love. (Follow me on my almost non-existing Instagram if you have time to waste 😂😂)

I love you too whoever you are and you're beautiful and perfect just the way you are..

Saranghae 💕

I purple you 💜

Your lovely author-nim

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 323 28
When his father's job causes them to move to a new town, Jungkook couldn't care less. It's not that he has no emotion or is depressed or anything, he...
5.6K 408 33
He was young, but he knew pain beyond his years. She was innocent, but she didn't shy away from darkness. They grew up together. Separate hopes and...
122K 6.8K 33
A Taejin story in which Jin and Taehyung hate each other. But they both live in the two richest families of South Korea. The only thing is, Taehyung...
988 15 24
College is another step up in life. High school days were now over and those years were hard but what happens in college? It will get harder right? T...