the dare

By tropiccc

Min Jiha, the girl who has never backed out of doing a dare in her life, is dared to kiss the boy she despise... More

01 || batman
03 || kiss
04 || goodnight

02 || dare

6 2 0
By tropiccc

*Min Jiha's POV*

I rush down the hallway in an attempt to rid Kim Taehyung off my tail.
Man, this is going to be even worse of a day with him by my side 24/7.

"Stop." His raspy voice breaths down my neck.

I turn to him. "Stop my as-" I begin.

"Do you always swear? Is it to make yourself seem 'tough'?" he blankly asks.

"I don't need to make myself seem like anything. I am tough."

"Oh! How you desperately wish so." He rolls his eyes, with a half smile beginning on his lips.

"You're only following me around like a lost puppy because you're supposed to make sure I don't do anything wrong, which I'm not. So why don't you just shut the hell up." I snap.

He stays silent to my request. "Great, thanks." I turn back around.

I walk further down the hall, taehyung following behind quietly.

I spot Mina walking in my direction, but she beats me to speaking first when she beams, "Hey Ji! I take it ditching didn't go too well considering you're still on campus?" She narrows her eyes at me and smirks, already knowing how it was going to play out since it always ends up this way.

"Yeah yeah. If Mr. Jung wasn't always tagging me, it would have gone great." I roll my eyes.

Taehyung catches up to my side and stays silent.

"Who's this?" Mina asks, gesturing to Taehyung.

"Just some asshole that I'm stuck with thanks to Mr. Kim." I don't spare Taehyung a glance.

"Oh come on. You should take advantage of this." She stops to whisper, "He's hot."

"No thanks. I'd rather stab my eyeballs with a fork and drink bleach." I say nonchalantly. "Plus, you know how I feel about guys right now, Mina." I say quieter, only for her to really hear.

"Guys are jerks. They play and use girls just to ditch them in the end." I shrug. "I'd really rather save myself the heartbreak."

"I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have brought it up." She rubs my shoulder sincerely. "Anyway, have you heard about MinJae's party tonight?" She asks.

"Yeah. What time does it star-" I get interrupted by the bell, signaling the next period.

"We need to be going." Taehyung interjects.

I turn to him, "Don't tell me what to do, Batman."

"I'm your supervisor, It's basically my job to tell you what to do." He smirks, locking eye contact with me. I glare at him.

"Well I'm going to class. See you later, Jiha." Mina giggles at my misfortune, for the second time today. "Have fun." She winks at me, walking joyfully to her next class.

"I'm not moving." I retaliate, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Get to class." He orders.

"No." I shake my head.

"Now, Kit- Jiha."

"I don't know who you were before coming here, but I am Min Jiha. And I will not let an arrogant asshole like you boss me around. So please, do me a favor and keep your dick in your pants, and out of your personality. Thanks." I continue to glare at him.

He just stands there. Blank-faced. Staring at me silently.

His stare starts to make me feel uneasy. And with all the silence surrounding us, it only adds to his intimidating and overpowering effect on me that I didn't want to admit was true.

Seconds that feel like minutes pass of our endless staring.

He abruptly takes a single step towards me, only to slightly bend down infront of me and hook his arms around the back of my legs. resulting in me being carried over his shoulder.

And despite all my protests and squirming, he will not put me down.

I was always used to shooing off guys and having them actually go away for the time being, but like the annoying pest Taehyung seems to be, he just won't go away.

Finally, giving up as he continues to carry me down the hall and towards my next class, I hear a few squealing girls. I look over my shoulder and find a few girls by the lockers, squealing over a magazine. Right then, Taehyung switches paths, quickly walking down a nearby, more secluded, hallway to get around the girls, yet still get to class.

He is definitely a strange one.

We get to class on time and I spend the whole class pouting and thinking of ways I could possibly ditch him throughout the day.

*At Lunch*

I walk, with Taehyung hot on my heels, towards the cafeteria to meet Mina and Hyerin for lunch.

He has stayed pretty much quiet after the conflict we had on the way to my last class.. Maybe he felt awkward about how he handled the situation, but either way, I couldn't care less because he was finally quiet and not bossing me around.

Technically I didn't have to have him follow me around on break, but I decided against saying anything, considering he won't have anything to do, or anyone to hang out with because he's new.

I find our usual table and walk over to greet Mina and Hyerin.

"Hey." I simply say, sitting down while Taehyung follows my action beside me.

"Hey Ji." Mina replies, smiling.

"Hey Jih-" Hyerin looks up from her phone. "Oh! I see you've made friends with my cousin!" She smiles brightly.

"As if." I scoff. "He's my student supervisor as of today."

"He's hot, so I wouldn't be complaining if I were you." Mina shrugs.

"Well thank you." Taehyung's deep voice rattle's down my spine, as he simply smiles at her.

"You wouldn't be saying that if he was following you around 24/7 and constantly telling you what to do." I challenge her. 

"Hey I don't do tha-!" Taehyung begins to argue.

"So are we going to Minjae's party tonight or what?" I interrupt, not really caring what he was talking about.

"I believe I was talki-" He tries again, but is cut off, this time by Hyerin.

"We're definitely going." She says excitedly.

Taehyung gets the hint that no one is going to listen to him and instead, glares at the side of my face and crosses his arms over his chest.
While still no one, not even Mina, spares him a glance.

I'll have to thank Hyerin for cutting him off, seeing how frustrated he gets while he is being ignored is definitely worth it.

"What time does it start?" I ask.

"9pm. Should I swing by and pick you two up?" Mina asks.

"Heck no. I'm driving. We all know how drunk you get when you're partying." Hyerin interjects.

"Okay fine." Mina complies.

"Okay, so pick you two up at 8:30?" Hyerin asks, looking at Mina and I.

I nod in agreement, along with Mina.

"Hey, Taehyung?" Mina starts. "You should come too. It'll be fun."

I stay silent, secretly giving Mina a death glare for suggesting such a thing. I look back over at Taehyung seated beside me and we make eye contact. Inside, I'm praying to god that he says no, But as he holds my stare...

I see a glint of mischief in his eyes and the little hope I have flies out the window.

"Sure."

*Time Skip to 8:25pm*

I decide on wearing a pretty simple black fitted dress, that revealed my sides. It wasn't anything too revealing but it definitely wasn't something I would wear often, but thanks to my face time with Mina to help decide what I was going to wear, she decided this was the perfect choice.

I walk out of my room, down the stairs and almost make it past the living room where my parents are seated, when my dad speaks up.

"Min Jiha." He crosses his arms.

Dammit. So close.

"Y- yes, A-appa?" I involuntarily stutter.

"Where do you think you are going dressed like that?" He glares at my outfit choice.

Thanks Mina, I internally curse her.

"Oh uh- A party.." I rush, avoiding his eye contact.

"Not dressed like that you're not. Go change." He orders sternly.

"But Appa-" I start.

"I said go chan-" He argues.

"Oh, be quiet jagiya." My mom interrupts him.

"But-" He starts again, but my mom holds out her hand infront of her, silencing him.

"Go ahead, Jiha." She smiles.

"Thanks Eomma. I love you." I wave once and begin back to the front door.

"I'll be back by 11pm." I grab my denim jacket, shrugging it on.

"10pm!" My Appa, of course, argues.

"11pm. Love you too." My Eomma pushes past my dad and gives me a quick hug.

After we pull away, I give her a thankful smile and turn to walk out, closing the door behind me while my dad shouts,
"I love you, Ji! Stay safe!"

I walk up to Hyerin's car and jump in the passenger seat that Mina so generously left empty for me. The three of us dive into random conversations, listen to music and finally arrive at Minjae's house by 9:06pm.

We park and begin walking up to the front door, already hearing the blasting music and see tons of people inside and scattering her front lawn.

I'm not much of a drinker, so I stick with a cup of water, while Mina starts with a cup of some sort of hard liquor and Hyerin starts drinking some light wine.
— — —

About an hour and a half later of dancing and drinking, a small circle starts to form on the couches as people start to play Truth or Dare.

I happen to notice the circle and game first, so I suggest going over there to play. Mina and Hyerin quickly agree and we walk over.

There isn't many people already playing, maybe about 7 others. and since I'm completely sober, I'm able to easily make out all the faces. One in particular, happens to be-

"Batman." I huff in annoyance. He's sitting between a girl and a guy, his right arm stretched around the random girls shoulder. "You're here.. Great." I say sarcastically.

He notices my presence by smirking at me, but doesn't say anything. Instead, he raises his left hand to his mouth and takes a hit off his cigarette. Blowing the smoke towards us.

I'm slightly surprised that he smokes considering he is a straight A student, but I don't make much of it because I know we all have different social lives outside of academics.

"Someone! Spin the bottle." Someone within the circle ushers.

"I will." Mina volunteers, reaching forward and spinning the bottle.

We all sit in silence, watching the bottle spin around and around until it finally stops, along with our anticipation.

It just so happens to stop on me.. How surprising.

Mina smirks mischievously, probably thinking she had gain payback for all the times I've dared her to do something stupid.

"Truth or Dare, Ji?" She raises a brow.

"You know I only do dares." I shrug, already bored.

"Okay!" She smirks.

"I dare you, Min Jiha, to kiss Kim Taehyung on the lips."
— — —

I really hope you're all enjoying the story so far. Please leave a comment or a quick vote so I know some people are actually even reading/enjoying the plot I have going thus far:)

•word count: 1893•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

602K 14.7K 34
Diana Featherington is the only child of the younger brother of the Baron Featherington. With the passing of both parents Diana has lived with the Ba...
420K 17.1K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
136K 5K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
154K 7.2K 52
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...