Twenty Six Hands| A Zodiac St...

By FlipFlop101

"Hey, take my hand?" The boy asked, pushing his hair out of his face. "We'll make it, I swear." "Woah, Livin'... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter 3: Salute
Honesty
A Grand Plan
The Umbridge of This Story
So, we're the zodiacs?
Hey, Brother
Disapear
The World Turned Upside Down
Fall Out Boy Never Lies
She Will Be Loved
Laser Tag, But Scorpio Always Wins
Libra and Virgo Are Stalkers
Wake Me Up
Something Bad
Halloween
Gem and Cap Awkwardly Third Wheel
Defying Gravity... Literally
An Unlikely Pair
The Brave, The Bold, The Powerless
Nightmares
A Hot Older Cousin
Gem Flirts With Literally Everyone
The Weather Gets Really Weird
The Twins, the Race, and the Trees
Mind Reading and Ms. Mal
Betrayal
And So The World Burns
Nightmares Come to Life
A Twist of Fate
BFFE (Best Friends For Eternity)
Twenty Six Hands, Minus Six
A Zodiac Prom
Epilouge
Ten Facts About This Story/ Other Books by FlipFlop

A Horrible Cost

1K 34 68
By FlipFlop101

Nine out the ten remaining Zodiacs sat outside an office, along with Phoenix, who sat at the end with Pisces. They waited nervously as Taurus was inside the questioning room.

————

"Can you please name everyone that was and is alive in your friend group?" The officer asked.

"There's Aries, me, Gem, Nye, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces, and I guess you could count Phoenix," Taurus replied.

"And how many are currently deceased, as far we know?" the officer asked.

"Three. Leo, Gem, and Aries."

"What were your relationships with those three?"

A pained look flashed across Taurus' face. "Leo was my friend. She was always really happy and outgoing. Gem was my friend too. And so was Aries. But I wasn't as close with them as I wish I was."

"How did they die?"

"Aries drowned in the pond. Leo had a branch fall on her while saving Gem from said branch. Gem was shot several times." Taurus had tears welling up in her eyes.

"Did you witness any of these deaths?"

"Only Leo's and Gem's."

The officer leaned in and Taurus could feel herself about to break down and cry. "Tell me exactly what happened to them."

"There was a branch in the forest, and it was falling to Gem still burning. Leo was nearby and pushed Gem out of the way because Gem didn't see it. But they both fell and the branch fell on Leo's neck. We couldn't get it off her in time and by the time we managed it was way too late.

"Gem was screaming that it was her own fault, and her brother was comforting her. That's when someone named Hydrus shot her in the back of the head a few times. She fell back and he shot her a few more time for good measure. She bled out and we don't know what happened to Hydrus." Tears ran down Taurus' face.

"Dismissed. Send in Nye."

Taurus walked out of the room and sat next to Nye. Before Taurus could even speak, Nye got up and went into the room.

"Hello, Nye. We're just going to ask you some
questions," The officer informed him.

"Knock yourself out or whatever," Nye grumbled.

"Which three of your friends died?"

"Aries, Leo, and Gem."

"What were your relationships with those three?"

"Aries was cool, and we were always pretty close. And Leo... Leo was one of my best friends for the longest time and then she became my girlfriend. And she was brilliant, absolutely amazing." Nye stopped talking as if reliving a pleasant dream.

"And Gem?"

"Gem was my sister. And she was awesome and funny and - and my best friend in the world. She had my back." Nye started choking out sobs.

"Did you witness any of their deaths?"

Nye stared at him dead eyes. "All three."

"Tell me about Aries' death."

"We were by the pond and he was swimming and suddenly he couldn't get out of the water. It was strange but when our best swimmers tried to get him out they were pushed away. By the time we got to him he was dead."

"Where is Aries' body?"

"We're not sure. Somewhere in the forest. We couldn't carry him when the fire started."

"The forest fire?"

"That's the one. It came out of nowhere."

"Dismissed. Send Cancer in."

————

"Who died?"

"Aries, Leo, Gem."

"What were your relationships with them?"

"They were my friends."

"Is that all?"

"Uh pretty much. Yeah."

"Cancer, please try to give us more detailed answers-"

"No! You know what? My friends are dead and you've done nothing so far but question us! You haven't found Ms Mal! You haven't found Hydrus! You're just questioning a bunch of traumatized teenagers!" Cancer yelled at him.

"Explain to me who Ms Mal is."

"Her name was Pavo Mal and she was our English teacher for a while but then she turned out to be a lunatic and tried to murder us all."

"Thank you for your time, Cancer. Send in Virgo."

———-

"Who died, Virgo?"

"Aries, Gem, and Leo. Although I'm sure you've been told it all before."

"What were your relationships with those three?" The officer asked.

"They were my friends. And I loved each and every one of them with all my heart."

"Did you ever meet the criminal Ophiuchus?"

"Yes. But he's long gone now. I don't know where."

"What did he tell you?"

"He warned me that someone would try to kill me and my friends."

"Did someone try to kill you and your friends?"

"A man named Serpens hired people to murder us. Pavo Mal and Hydrus."

"That's all. Please send in Libra."

———————

"Who died?"

"Aries, Gem, Leo. We done here?"

"What were your relationships with the three?"

"I had a crush on Aries for a while. And then I kissed him during Truth or Dare and Sag got mad at me. And then they awkwardly avoided me for a while there until I apologized to Sag and stuff. And I was good friends with Gem and Leo, but I didn't make out with them." Libra frowned. "I think."

"Did Aries know how to swim?"

"Oh yeah, he was a pretty good swimmer while was alive."

"You're very calm compared to the others. Why?"

Libra's expression softened. "Sag, Cap, and Nye don't need to see anymore tears today."

"Dismissed. Send in Scorpio."

—————

"Who died?"

"Aries, Leo, Gem."

"What were your relationships with the three?"

"Aries was always so cool and awesome. We were really close. Leo was always really cool. And Gem was just Gem," Scorpio shrugged.

"Is it true you tried to save Aries?"

"Yes. I tried to swim to him, but I was too late. I was a bad friend." Scorpio's relaxed posture suddenly became more rigid and uncomfortable.

"Did Aries ever do anything to upset you?"

"Nothing I could ever be bitter about."

"Elaborate, please."

"Every friend has something that bothers the other. Capricorn can't take anything seriously. Pisces can be way to defiant. Stuff like that. Everyone has something, but nothing you can be bitter about."

"Interesting. Dismissed, send in Sagittarius."

—————

A shaky Sagittarius sat down in the chair across from the officer. She had bags under her eyes and her hair was a mess. The office took note of this.

"Who died?"

"Gem, L-Leo, and Aries," Sagittarius mumbled. "Aries is dead."

"What were your relationships with the three?"

"Gem was always really hilarious and nice. Never a dull moment. We were friends." Sagittarius' eyes glazed over as if remembering a dream. "And Leo was great at basketball. She always made an entrance and we were close. And Aries- Aries... I loved him."

"Were you two dating?"

"For a year. Our anniversary is in a week."

"No further questions. How about you grab an ice cream with a friend? Here's ten dollars." The officer slid ten dollars over to Sagittarius, who humbly grabbed it and walked out.

"Poor girl is more distraught than the rest of them."

——————

Capricorn walked in with a solemn face, but clenched fists.

"Who died?"

"Gem, Leo, Aries."

"What were your relationships with the three?"

Capricorn rolled his eyes. "Aries was really cool. We were friends. Leo was freaking hilarious. She was one of my best friends. And Gem was the most wonderful people I've ever met. She was my girlfriend."

"You seem like you don't want to be here?"

"I don't. You know why? My best friend is dead. My friend is dead. My girlfriend is dead. And we can't even go home and start to fucking grieve! So, yeah, I don't want to be here. I'd rather be crying onto Nye's shoulder, thank you for nothing." Capricorn stormed out of the room.

The officer sighed and shook their head.

————

Aquarius sat down and didn't look at the officer. "Gem, Leo, Aries died. They were all my friends, I wasn't wicked close to them but I still really loved them. We done here?"

"How did you know my questions?"

"Capricorn was louder than you thought."

"I've got another question."

"Please, do tell," Aquarius sarcastically pushed him.

"If you could redo this whole event, what would you do?"

Aquarius looked at him with sad eyes. "I would've tried to be the one to push Gem out of the way."

"Why?"

"I'd rather save my friends than crying after their lifeless bodies."

————-

"Who died?"

"Gem, Leo, Aries."

"What were your relationships with the three?"

"They were my friends. And they were brilliant." Pisces avoided eye contact as to avoid crying.

"Did you love them?"

"With all my heart. Why wouldn't I?"

"Pisces, please tell us. Where is Hydrus and Pavo Mal?"

"We've lost them. They're likely dead though," Pisces replied.

"Please send in Phoenix."

—————

"Who died?"

"Aries, Gem, and Leo, I think."

"Were you there?"

"I wasn't. Pisces told me to run away at the first sign of danger." Phoenix hung his head.

"What were the three like?"

"They were going to rock the world," Phoenix said. "But around them, the world burned. And they burned with it."

——————

Hiyyyaaaa. Two more chapters! And my new book is coming along pretty well. Aka I've barely written the prologue. I'm not even done with the prologue. But it's coming. Question of the chapter: What are your favorite General Zodiac Ships?

Teaser bc I can't think of anything: Dance like nobody's watching.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 347 44
The twelve signs of the zodiac are a long forgotten legend. No one knows nor cares what their sign is anymore. However the world is slowly falling ap...
17.7K 205 42
There are 12 Zodiac Signs, as you all know. The Zodiac country is split up in different large masses of land, like a state, called sections. But what...
44.6K 1.1K 27
Maybe you've heard a story. Maybe not. Either way, I doubt you'd remember it. The stories are often wrong, anyways. But it's always going to be there...
66.1K 1.4K 27
[DISCONTINUED] ~*~ They're just like every other teenager. They go to parties, study for tests, and do basically everything any teen would. They're n...