PJO and HOO One-shots

By FlamingValdez

More

It'll Be Okay
Luau
Gods, I Hate Trees
Hazy
Turn on the Charm
Crashing Down

Camp Half-Blood Kiss

1.3K 48 34
By FlamingValdez

Hey guys! I ACTUALLY UPDATED!!!! I know I really haven't been on here a lot recently, and you should know since it's school I won't be on here as often as I would want to. And by the way I am thinking about new story ideas that might be carried out. I'll let you know if that happens ; ) Disclaimer: I do not own the Percy Jackson series or characters or any text I may have used in my story. Peace!

Camp Half-Blood Kiss

Jason, Piper, and Leo

"You're going down, Sparky" I said, raising Katropis in to battle mode. I smirked as he wiped the sweat off of his forehead. "Getting tired?"

"You wish," he said, raising his gladius in front of his face. We started circling around each other, never leaving each others gaze. He looked very determined and . . . cute. His blond hair looked golden in the sunlight and his electric blue eyes pierced my skin. Even his scar made him look adorable.

Snap out of it, Piper! Your sparring! No time to think of his cuteness!

I took the first swipe, but it harmlessly swished past him as he side-stepped. Then he swiped his sword at my feet but I jumped over it and stabbed at his chest. He blocked it with the hilt of his sword and swung back at me. I rolled to the side and hit his sword out of his hand into mine with my elbow. Then, I pointed my dagger towards his chest while his sword dug into his back. I smirked at his helpless expression.

He then smiled so warmly at me it infected me with a little jittery feeling. Then he started leaning in.

Whoa. He's going to kiss me! Jason Grace is going to kiss me! I started to lean in too. My eyes fluttered closed and-

"Hey, Piper do you want to-oh! Wow!" exclaimed Annabeth.

I quickly jumped away from Jason, my cheeks getting hot. Jason was beet red and running is hand through his hair repeatedly. To sum it up: we both looked like idiots.

Annabeth was smirking as she watched us with our red faces. Then her smirk turned into a frown and I knew she was thinking about Percy's disappearance. Maybe her and Percy used to have sparring matches and find themselves kissing their opponent-

Whoa, Piper. It didn't get that far! I mean, you could've just been imagining it.

But he was blushing. Maybe there is still hope.

"Anyways, Piper. I wanted to know if you wanted to look at some sparring videos, but you look pretty busy-"

"Annabeth." I growled, my cheeks getting even hotter.

She chuckled which surprised me a little bit. I have actually never seen her smile. Ever. Everyone talks about how she used to be cheerful and bright when Percy was around, but ever since then she got sad and was never herself. I wish I was around when Percy was here, Annabeth and I would probably be even closer then ever.

 "Well, anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to check out some sparring videos in the Big House. You can bring Jason along too if you want," she paused to smirk, "You'll find the videos in a big crate on the bottom shelf if your interested."

"Oh, sure! I'll check them out now." I said, trying to get out of the growing tension in the air.

Annabeth started to jog away, but then she stopped and quickly turned, "Oh, and you might want to take Leo with you . . ." she glanced over her shoulder at a sweaty Leo, that was swinging a huge sword around missing every single dummy in the arena.

I face-palmed. Oh Leo . . .

"Sure, Annabeth." I said as I started walking towards Leo. "Leo, stop uselessly swinging your sword and come to the Big House to watch some videos!" I shouted, slightly chuckling.

He turned around with sweat dripping down his chin and a relieved look on his face. "Thank the Gods!" he shouted back. He dropped his sword on the ground and ran for us.

Me and Jason were laughing so hard when he got to us that he looked at us with a little pout, but then he shrugged it off and started walking.

Once Jason and I got our bearings, we ran to catch up with him and walk to the Big House.

"So, what are we watching?" asked Leo with an eager glint in his eyes.

I smirked at his expression after I said, "Sparring videos, you really need them."

Jason started coughing wildly to hide his laughter as he watched Leo shove his hands in his pockets and grumble as he walked ahead of us.

After the mad 'coughing' fit Jason had and my giggly mood was over, I realized that Jason and I were alone again.

Oh Gods.

After walking in a few beats of silence Jason turned to me and said, "Look Piper about what happened in the arena-"

"Let's just forget about it, okay? It was hot outside and we were both tired . . ." I said, making sure that I was in the clear of not being the daughter of Aphrodite that everyone knew I wasn't. I mean, I wasn't just now thinking about the kiss that we could've shared, or how his face looked a little sad when I said that, or how he forced a smile and started looking deep into my eyes-oh no! I can't let that go!

"Only if you want to forget it." I rushed, blushing and looking down at my feet.

When I looked back up he was smiling and he had this glimmer in his eyes. My Aphrodite senses kicked in, he seemed relieved and over-joyed. Was he glad that I said that? Hopefully, or this would be awkward . . .

"Do you? I mean, want to forget it?" I asked, fiddling with my braid.

He smiled that dazzling smile and said, "Not in a million years."

A smile erupted on my face and we started to lean towards each other again, inching closer and closer. My eyes fluttered closed and-

"Hey! Sparky, Beauty Queen hurry up! It's going to take all day just getting there at the pace you guys are walking at!" Leo yelled at us from over his shoulder.

We both jumped back and started blushing madly again, but this time Leo didn't see what we were about to do because he was still walking ahead with his back turned.

I sighed in relief, because if Leo saw us then I think i would've died right then and there. Talk about embarrassing!

"Um, we better-uh-go," stuttered Jason as he played with his hands.

"Yeah, let's." We both started walking to the Big House.

It felt like hours just getting there because of all the nonsense that was bouncing around my head. Jason and I could really be a thing! Soon enough, if he would just kiss me already and if nobody was there to distract us (seriously, we're ADHD) then all would be well! But, how am I going to find a place to go with Jason, alone, when we're in a summer camp with Hermes kids EVERYWHERE with cameras and such? I don't know, but it has to be done! But wait, I have another problem, how will I get Jason to go to some super secret place where it would be just us and . . . hmmm. That shouldn't be too hard . . . I glanced at Jason and caught him staring at me. When he saw that I was looking he quickly averted his eyes and started blushing.

Yeah, it couldn't be too hard.

I smiled as we entered the Big House. Chiron was there in his full form with an bow in his hand. He looked like he was just about to leave, but then he saw us in the doorway.

"Ah, hello children. Are you here to watch the sparring videos?" he asked, slightly smirking for a reason that I could not figure out.

"Yes, how did you know?" I asked, curious as to why he was looking at us like that.

"Annabeth told me ahead of time. The bins are right in the back, look for the one that says "double tuck to kneeling position." I think it could help you out with your needs." he then walked out, still smiling like he knew something hilarious that we didn't! And it bugged me, but I shrugged it off.

"Come on, guys. Let's find those tapes."

"Yes ma'am!" they both said, simultaneously saluting at me. I just chuckled and walked inside the movie room. They usually play orientations in this room, but when there's no new kids around campers just watch whatever they want in here. Some kids even have dates in here.

Hmm, doesn't seem like such a bad-

"Piper!" said Leo interrupting my thoughts.

"Hmm?"

"Start looking! We don't have all day!"

"Okay, okay I'm looking! Jeez, you're hair is practically on fire!" I said, biting my lip as Leo got a panicked expression and started dancing around, trying to bat away the 'flames.'

I smirked and turned to start looking, "Practically," I said over my shoulder.

Leo stopped dancing and narrowed his eyes at me. "Beauty Queen, you better watch out before I scorch you!" He lit his hands on fire and took a step towards me with an unsettling smirk on his face. I took a step towards him, preparing my charmspeak for the future.

I was just about to lunge at him when I heard, "Hey, guys! I found it!" Jason said, a little rushed. He was holding a CD case that had "Double Tuck Into Kneeling Postition" on the front in bold, which made it a little easier to read.

Leo and I completely forgot all about fighting each other and ran over to join Jason. 

"Okay, Sparky! Pop it in and go get me some popcorn!" said Leo, running over to the couch. 

Jason rolled his eyes as I groaned and walked over to the couch. I chose the cushion farthest from the writhing psycho-maniac, who also happens to be pyrokinetic, and made Jason sit next to him.

"Okay, here we go!" Leo said as a black screen popped up on the tv.

The screen starting playing a demo with this cute, blond camper. He had a scar across his face as if something slashed him in fit of rage. He was dead serious in the video as he double-tucked and rolled. He came out kneeling with his sword pointing outward. His sword was discolored on one side and gold on the other. It seemed to emanated power, even through the tv screen.

I wonder where he is now, I haven't seen him around here . . .

"Whoa, who's that?" Jason asked astonished.

"No idea." I answered.

"Well, whoever he is, let me just say that that is the coolest freaking sword I've ever seen!!" Leo said bouncing up and down on the couch.

"Stop it Leo!" I said, reaching over Jason to smack him. But all of a sudden the screen changed to a fuzzy back round. The speakers were blaring the most horrible sound I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. 

All three of us plugged out ears and fell off of the couch. Jason started struggling for the remote to eject the disk. But then the screen abruptly changed, showing a smirking face that even I know of. And I'm not fond of it either.

"Well now that we have your attention!" smirked Conner Stoll.

I glared at the tv, wanting to jump through the screen and strangle him to death.

Travis Stoll then came into view, "Why hello fellow campers!! It is I, the infamous camper, Travis Stoll the Great!!"

Conner shoved his way into view, "And I am Conner Stoll, the Greatest!!"

"Oh come on, that's so unfair! I'm older, and cooler!!"

"Yeah right! You'll only get this title over my dead body!!" He proceeded to stick his tongue out and shake his *gulp* rear in Travis' face.

"Guys!" said a girl running into the screen and interrupting the Stolls (thank the Gods). She was holding a blue hat-

"Whoa! Is that Annabeth's invisibility cap?!" said Leo.

"Shhh!" I replied, smacking him.

"I swiped it from Annabeth's desk. Now are you sure this is a good idea?" she asked, worriedly.

"Of course," waved Travis.

"Yeah, we'll return it after," Conner chimed in.

Yeah right, I thought to myself.

"Okay, ready Silena?"

A jolt ran through me. This was Silena? The famous Aphrodite camper who died a hero in some war nobody will explain to me?

"Hey! Piper! It's Silena! Woah, she's hot!" interjected Leo.

"Shut up, Leo! She dated Charles Beckondorf! Lay off!" I said, rather annoyed.

I didn't want to mention the fact that she was also dead, partly because I'm sure Leo already knew that, but also because saying it aloud would just sound . . . wrong. And I felt so mad at Leo for even just hitting on her even though I know he hits on every thing that moves.

I swallowed my anger and turned my attention back to the screen.

"Ready," she winked. Then she put the hat on her head and instantly vanished.

"Whoa," We all said in awe.

"Okay Silena, take the camera and go! He's going to be here soon!" Conner said handing the camera to thin air.

"Who are they talking about?" asked Jason. I shrugged my shoulders. I just wanted to know what these Stolls were up to . . .

Suddenly the camera started bouncing up and down and the image of the picnic tables were getting larger. Then the camera stopping and turned to one side of the bench.

We were watching just a blank, empty space for a while and it got me wondering about who we could ever be waiting for. Why were the Stolls filming this? And why would Silena be helping these psycho-maniacs anyways? Well there was probably only one answer for that.

Blackmail.

Although she did seem kind of excited to do this. Maybe it was just the adrenaline or something because no sane person would ever want to help those two.

Suddenly, a figure sauntered into view. The sunset kind of glared onto the screen so there was some rustling and scratching and finally the image was shifted so that we could get a glimpse of their face.

It was a guy. A . . . really hot guy. Wowza! Who is this?

I looked closer at his features wanting to recognize his face. But his windswept, raven-black hair and sea green eyes weren't anything I knew of.

But he does seem familiar in a sense. Like I've heard about him or something . . .

"Who is that?" asked Leo, "Cuz I've never seen him before around here."

"Yeah, me neither . . ." I said absently, focusing on the picture.

He sat on the bench, obviously in deep thought considering he was alone and dramatically looking off  into the distance . . . maybe he was waiting for someone . . .

Suddenly, a figure came into the picture.

"Whoa! It's Annabeth!" said Jason, a little confused.

Just like I was. I mean, what could be going on?

Annabeth appeared to be holding a little blue cupcake, that pretty much looked like a weird colored rock.

She slid onto the bench right next to the stranger and said, "Hey. Happy Birthday." Although it didn't really sound like she was really celebrating, and neither did he.

Especially when he said, "What?"

"He doesn't know it's his birthday?!" said Leo, exasperated.

"Well I think something happened . . ." started Jason.

"Yeah, maybe . . ."

I gasped. I knew who it was.

"Percy . . ." I mumbled.

"Umm, what?" asked Jason.

"It-it's him!" I jumped up, "It's Percy Jackson!"

Leo jumped up behind me, "Oh my Gods! It is!"

"How are we watching this?" asked Jason.

"They're spying on him and Annabeth!" I said suddenly outraged.

"Aww man, this outta be good," smiled Leo rubbing his hands together.

"Leo!" I said as I smacked him. "We're invading their privacy! It's wrong! We can't watch this."

"Aw come on! It's a good opportunity to get in touch with your Aphrodite side," he sang.

"And why in Zeus' name would I want to do-" the tv cut me off.

"It's August 18th," Annabeth said. "You're birthday right?"

Percy looked at her surprised and took the cupcake with a cute little smile.

And I swear I didn't mean to-I really tried not to-but I just couldn't help saying . . .

"Awwwww!"

I slapped my hands over my mouth harder than I intended so a little yelp came from my throat.

Steam was pretty much coming from my ears as I saw them laughing.

"You know what? Let's just watch the movie," I grumbled, sitting down.

They gathered themselves off of the ground and sat with me watching the couple on screen.

"Make a wish," she said.

Percy took one look at the cake and said, "Did you bake this yourself?"

"Tyson helped," she admitted.

"That explains why it looks like a chocolate brick with extra blue cement," he chuckled.

Annabeth started cracking up, with a sort of giggly laugh. Obviously she was trying to make her laugh seem more adorable or something and she probably didn't think his joke was all too funny.

Although Leo was cracking up over here. . . what a dork.

And it seemed to work, Percy looked pretty happy and eager to tell her something.

I leaned forward, wanting to hear what he could possibly say that would want to be filmed by the Stolls and even Silena for Zeus' sake-oh my Gods!

This is where Annabeth and Percy get together!! That's why Silena wanted to film this! And the Stolls obviously wanted leverage. But still I can't believe I get to see this!

Oh no, Aphrodite side needs to stay under control, no more squealing or giggling at the screen, okay Piper?

 Percy blew out the candle and split it in two for both of them to share.

I absently smiled at the scene.

"You saved the world," Annabeth said.

"What?" asked Jason really confused, "What is she talking about?"

"Oooh! Maybe they'll finally explain why he's so famous!" said Leo bouncing up and down on the couch.

"Quiet!" I shushed him.

"We saved the world," Percy said.

"And Rachel is the new oracle which means she won't be dating anybody," Annabeth said, trying to be inconspicuous.

"You don't sound too disappointed," inquired Percy.

"Whoa! Are you meaning to tell me that Rachel Dare and Percy Jackson were dating?!" I asked.

"Rachel? Nice!" said Leo air high-fiving the screen.

Jason and I rolled our eyes.

Rachel and Percy? It's hard to imagine that happening.

Annabeth shrugged, "Oh I don't care."

"Oh! Somebody's jealous!" smirked Leo.

"Uh huh," said Percy.

"You got something to say to me Seaweed Brain?" said Annabeth raising an eyebrow.

"Seaweed Brain?" chuckled Jason.

"What are you laughing at Sparky?" I challenged.

Jason shut up right then and there.

Leo started cracking up too so I decided to keep him quiet too, "Hey I'm looking at you too Repair Boy!"

I could hear him gulp.

"That's better," I said turning up the volume on the tv.

"You'd probably kick my butt," Percy said.

"You know I'd kick your butt," she chuckled.

Percy smiled and brushed the cupcake off of his hands. "When I was at the River Styx turning invulnerable . . ."

All three of our jaws dropped.

"W-wha-what?" asked Jason, breathless.

"Is he serious?" I asked, astounded by what I was hearing.

"Like . . . the River Styx that Achilles went into?" Leo asked.

"Are there any others?" Jason asked, sarcastically.

"Well then . . ." grumbled Leo.

 "Shut up and listen!" I grumbled for the umpteenth time.

Percy continued, "...Nico said I had to concentrate on one thing that kept me anchored to the world, that made me stay mortal."

Annabeth stared off into the horizon, never once glancing at Percy, but I could tell what she was thinking. "Yeah?" she asked softly.

Percy cleared his throat and started again, "Then up on Olympus, when they wanted to make me a God and stuff..."

Pause. Then silence. Absolute silence.

Then the sound of Leo, crashing into the floor face first.

"A g-g-g-g...a g-g-g-g...a g-g-god?!?!?!" asked Leo, stunned.

"What? Is that even possible?! How is that possible? Tell me Jason!!" I said, so stunned and scatter brained I barely knew what I was saying. Percy Jackson was a god? Annabeth was dating a god?! A god had his memory taken away and then shipped to another camp? None of it made sense!

"Maybe...maybe this is a joke...maybe none of this ever happened! A god? Percy Jackson...a...god? I mean, seriously!" stuttered Jason.

"Well...it would explain why everyone is so hopped up on Percy Jackson's disappearance. I mean, if he's a god, why wouldn't you be so attached to him?" I asked, trying to sort out the ideas and possibilities.

"I don't know, all i know is I want to meet him even more!" said Leo, jumping excitedly.

I rolled my eyes and sighed, "Okay let's just keep watching and see if they explain the whole "god" thing, okay?"

"Definitely," Jason said, pressing the play button.

Percy continued, "I kept thinking..."

"Oh, you so wanted to be one," Annabeth exaggerated greatly.

"Well maybe a little, but I didn't because-"

Pause. Silence again. And thunk!

"Wait...he turned down being a freaking god?!?!?!" yelled Leo.

"Whoa, why would he get the opportunity in the first place? I mean, what exactly did he do?!?!" Jason said, frustrated.

"No idea. I swear, after we watch this, we're marching right up to Annabeth and demanding that she tell us about him!" I said, confidently.

"No, we won't. Annabeth will just kick our asses again," said Leo bluntly.

"Yeah..." Jason and I said simultaneously.

I scooped up the remote and clicked play again.

Percy started talking again,"I thought-I didn't want things to be the same for eternity, because it could always get better. And I was thinking..." He stopped talking, once again. His face started getting red and I could hear him desperately try to clear his throat.

Annabeth on the other hand was smiling to herself, obviously knowing where this was going. But instead of calling him out, she gave him a little push by saying, "Anyone in particular?"

Percy glanced over at her and saw that she was smiling. He complained angrily, "You're laughing at me!"

"Am not!" she immediately exclaimed.

"You're so not making this any easier," whined Percy.

Annabeth laughed, and not her giggly fake laugh, but a real one and threw her arms around Percy's neck. She smiled and said, "I am never, ever going to make things easy for you Seaweed Brain. Get used to it."

Then she leaned in a kissed him.

And again-and I swear to Hades I didn't mean to-I let out a bubbly giggle and a loud "AWWWWWW!"

Jason and Leo shielded their eyes and let out a few fake puke noises and once again I rolled my eyes.

"Come on, we've got an Annabeth to confront," I said, getting up off of the couch.

"Well it's about time!" yelled a voice I knew, and was not very fond of hearing thank you very much.

I turned back around to the TV screen and saw the view of Clarisse and a whole bunch of people standing behind her like a little army.

They ran forward and hoisted the two onto their arms and started running off towards the lake.

"What are they doing?" asked Leo, "Is this really such a big deal?"

"Well Annabeth said that they were friends for five years before they got together."

Jason whistled, "I guess everyone was getting pretty upset over it."

"Yeah, I know I would," I mumbled, making sure they didn't hear me.

"Oh come on! Is there no privacy?!" asked Percy, even though he had a smile on his face.

"The love birds need to cool off," smirked Clarisse.

Conner Stoll then came back into view, "To the canoe lake!"

Everyone charged and yelled, still carrying the two "lovebirds" on their backs and dumped them right into the lake. Everyone was waiting for them to come back out, but they didn't burst out of the water anytime soon.

I guess it was a Poseidon thing.

Everyone, including the camera started walking away in disappointment. The camera then started filming the Stolls again.

My heart pounded with sarcastic joy.

"So I hope you enjoyed the show," cooed Travis, "Now remember whatever you do, DON'T TELL ANNABETH!!!!"

Conner jumped into view, "Yeah, whoever is watching this! If you do, she will hunt us down and kill us."

"Good," I said, crossing my arms. Jason nodded his head in agreement.

"You probably just said good," added Travis. "But if we go down, we're taking you with us."

He and Conner both pointed to the camera in unison and squinted their eyes to make themselves look scary.

Then the screen went black.

"...so what do we do now?" asked Leo.

"Well we can't tell Annabeth, I mean think of all the shaving cream you'll crawl into late at night," said Jason.

"So we're not telling Annabeth anything right?" Leo asked.

"You're not telling me what?" said the last voice I wanted to hear at this particular moment in time.

Annabeth stood in the doorway with her arms crossed and her eyes narrowed at us.

"Ummm..."stuttered Jason.

"We...well we were actually-" started Leo.

I sighed loudly. "Fine you caught us," I said raising my hands up in the air.

"What are you doing?" hissed Jason.

"Give it up Jason. She obviously found out about our planning of her surprise party! There's no use in denying it now!" I looked at him, sending signals through my eyes hoping he'd get it.

Which he did, "Yeah, okay fine. I guess you're right."

Leo on the other hand was still on the ground scratching his head and looking at us like we were stupid or something.

"What are you guys-" I stepped on his foot as I walked over to Annabeth.

"But when we throw the party, make sure you act surprised anyway okay?"

Annabeth raised her eyebrow at us. She was obviously way smarter than that to fall for our little tricks, but she went along with it anyways. I guess she realized that whatever I would keep a secret from her must be genuine.

But the sad thing is that is wasn't.

"Okay sure," she said casually.

"Let's get out of here," I said leading her out of the dark room.

I glanced behind me at the two boys standing in the corner of the room with a hackey-sack. "Hey . . . are you guys coming?" I called behind my shoulder.

"We'll catch up to you later!" Leo called, "It's go time now! Flaming Valdez is winning!"

Annabeth and I simultaneously rolled our eyes and walked back out of the room.

I walked by Chiron on the way out and I noticed him wink at me. This time, I understood what he meant.

So I winked back.

After I walked with Annabeth back to her cabin, I left to go spar a little more. The major distraction that happened earlier did not help me improve my skills whatsoever.

I put on my armor and pulled out Katropis. I started slashing and swinging my knife all over the place. Doing splits and corkscrews and spins. I even tried out that "Double Tuck to Kneeling Position" thingy that we went in to originally watch. I coudln't quite get it considering my mind was on a different subject at that moment when I was watching it.

As I did a tailspin and slashed my knife into a dummy's gut, a figure came into view in my peripheral vision.

It was Jason.

And he came to the arena.

And we were alone.

Again.

He better be here to kiss me or, Aphrodite help me, I will kill that boy with my bare hands!

He slowly walked over to me, knowing that I caught sight of him.

I quickly took off my armor and sheathed my knife and then I sauntered over to him.

"Hi," he smiled.

"Hey," I awkwardly said back.

There was a pause-the longest awkward silence in my life, thank you very much-where you could hear throat's clearing and feet shuffling and the tension was buzzing in your ears.

Finally I couldn't take it anymore, I burst out, "Jason, did you come here to kiss me or not?!"

Jason's eyes got wide and his cheeks got red.

But me, I was the complete opposite. I was filled with confusion and rage and I needed an answer now, because it was just killing me. I guess my Aphrodite half rose to the top but right now I couldn't care less. I just wanted to know.

And I wanted to know now.

"Umm . . . well . . . um . . ." spluttered Jason.

I sighed. "Fine." I started to walk away when I felt a hand on my shoulder. He spun me around by the waist, but I was jerked too fast. I fell on top of him in a heap.

My head was dizzy from banging it on the hard ground, but I could still make out a blurred image of Jason.

Just as my eyes started focusing and my head became clearer, I felt a soft pair of lips on mine and my head began doing flips all over again. My vision swirled and I felt like I was floating.

I blinked my vision back to normal just as Jason asked, "I messed up didn't I?"

"Are you kidding? This was the most perfect kiss ever," I said softly, and I leaned in and kissed him again.

He kissed back and I could feel him smiling.

Maybe letting my Aphrodite side loose wasn't so bad after all.

Continue Reading