the dare

By tropiccc

Min Jiha, the girl who has never backed out of doing a dare in her life, is dared to kiss the boy she despise... More

02 || dare
03 || kiss
04 || goodnight

01 || batman

15 3 0
By tropiccc

*Min Jiha's POV*

The fresh autumn breeze greets me as soon as I open my car door.

I silently close my eyes for a second to relish in the sun and the quiet atmosphere surrounding me.

Sighing, I sling my book bag over my shoulder and step out of my warm car, looking straight ahead to my highschool.

As the wind tousles my hair and arises tiny goosebumps on my skin, I internally curse myself for not wearing a sweater.

I make my way through the crowd of people outside and into the warmer hallways of the school.

I've  waited 3 long years to finally be here as a senior and i'm already dreading it. It's only Friday in the first week of being back to school, but I can't wait til this year is finally over.

Just like at any highschool, there is tons of drama. i've come to simply ignore all the drama or rumors that many kids talk about in the halls— but the one thing I can't just subside is the sexual comments thrown at girls- and not just in this school or town, but worldwide. It's really downgrading to just stand there and let the male population talk, or even do things, to the female population without standing up for oneself.

So hearing catcalls and remarks that are being thrown at me from various angles as I walk further down the hall begins to agitate me even more as I try my best to not let it get to me, as it is only the first week back.

Ever since freshmen year, when I broke a guy's nose for touching my ass, the guys at this highschool seemed to have made it there mission to push me past my trigger point, at any chance they can get.

I really have no idea as to why they find my irritation so amusing. but ever since they saw how much their sexual remarks effect me, they haven't stopped since.

That's why I hate the male population. It's really difficult to find a man that will treat a women with the utmost respect she deserves.

So being used to the treatment, combined with being too tired to knee someone in their crotch this early in the morning, I say, "Find some other girl to gawk at," and roll my eyes, continuing my walk down the congested hallway to my locker.

A sudden, familiar voice joins my side saying, "I really don't get you, Jiha." Without even having to look, I can already tell that it's Mina, one of my bestfriends.

Mina shakes her head as I stop infront of my locker and begin to put in the combination.

"What? Men get on my nerves." I say nonchalantly.

"Jiha, ever since you and J—" She pushes the topic.

"Yah! Don't say his name." I cut her off abruptly. "I really don't wanna talk about him." I add, sliding the lock off and opening up the small compartment.

"Okay then. To change the subject.." Hyerin voices cheerfully, making her entrance beside us. "My cousin is transferring here today. I'm so excited."

"He just moved here with his parents last week and he doesn't know anyone around here, so I was hoping maybe he could join us for lunch?" She asks, hugging her books to her chest.

Mina looks over to me and nods, "Yeah, I don't mind. What do you think Jiha?"

"Yeah sure." I say, not really paying attention. Instead, I focus my attention on gathering my books for today's classes and locking my locker back up.

The bell rings, signaling we have 5 minutes til first period starts.

I sigh dramatically. I really dont want to be here today.

"See you girls at lunch." Hyerin waves to Mina and I, walking to her first class of the day.

Oh Hyerin has always been the more cheerful and happy one of our
three-musketeers group. We met back in the 6th grade when we were paired for a science project and have been best friends ever since.

As for Choi Mina and I, we've been best friends since kindergarten when I stole her box of crayons and she in return, cut my bangs off.

Ah~ good times. Our friendship has always been eventful and fun, and I couldn't have asked for better friends.

Anyway, Mina and I have first period together, thankfully.

But, it's history, which wouldn't be all that bad because I happen to find the subject rather interesting, but it's my first class of the day and i'm still not all woken up, especially just to hear a teacher talk boringly about events that have happened years and years ago.
I just want to be back in my bed at home. 

As more and more students hurry off to their classes and clear out the hallway, I turn to Mina and give her 'the look'.

She swears I have a look whenever i'm about to do something stupid or ridiculous.

"Oh no. Let me guess.. you want to ditch?" She crosses her arms and smirks at me.

I simply nod and pull a smug look. "Come with me. Pretty please?"

"Didn't you learn your lesson last year with all those detentions you got for skipping classes? And don't you remember those very few times I skipped with you and got in trouble for it?" She flicked my forehead and begins walking to class.

"Not today, pabo. I'm going to class. Have fun." She smiles at my misfortune of not convincing her to join.

"Fine." I huff exasperatedly and watch her form disappear from my sight, going into the classroom and the hallway become completely empty.

I look around in hopes not to find the one person who I would surely get into trouble with.

"He's not here to catch me this time." I whisper to myself, smiling victoriously.

I start walking towards the exit until I hear, "Think again, Min Jiha."

I abruptly stop in place, just about to touch the handle of the door. "Dammit." I murmur, turning around to face him.

"Trying to skip again, are we?" He smirks, knowing that he catches me every time.

"Oh hey there, Mr. Jung! You look handsome today. Finally pluck those nose hairs of yours?" I hold back a giggle.

Mr Jung Hoseok is the Schools Principal. And to just my luck, he has been there to catch me every single time i'm about to do something wrong, including this time.

He ignores my attitude. "This is your 10th time attempting to skip class and it's only the first week in. Mind you Min Jiha, that your br-," he starts.

"— My brother would have never done the things I continuously do." I mimick his voice, already familiar with the sentence because of how many times he has said it to me throughout my highschool year.

"I know, I know. We've been over this plenty of times, Sir." I cross my arms over my chest.

"And to think, that those 'plenty of times' would have made you learn to behave and act like your brother for once." He crosses his arms over his chest.

"Well since we have had this lovely talk, you aren't gonna send me to detention, right?" I pleaded innocently.

"What do you think?" He replied dryly, staring blankly at me as if we have had this exact same conversation about 100 times before.

"But I didn't even get a tardy—"
I'm cut off by the final bell ringing loud and clear in my ear.

"Off to detention you go." He smiles and shoo's me off.

"But-- You were the one talking to me! You made me late, and plus, shouldn't I go to class instead? I mean, isn't that your schools damn goal? To have students get a good education?" I plead my case.

At this point, I'd rather go to class than back to detention.

"I'm gonna ignore the inappropriate use of language and let you go to detention freely." The corner of his lip lifts into a sly smirk, "Unless you would like me to have a lovely chat with your mother about your recent behavior?" He wickedly smiles, tempting me.

"N- No, Sir!" I rush. "You know, now that you mention it, detention doesn't sound all that bad right now. I'm gonna go there now." I weakly reply.

"Good." He smiles victoriously one last time, turns on his heel, and leaves as I lazily fumble my way to detention.
— — —

"What did you do this time, Jiha?" Mr. Kim Seokjin, our schools senior class councilor, questions just as I enter the office.

His eyes never leaving his computer, but already aware of my presence.

"What else? I was trying to skip class but Mr you-know-who caught me before I could do so." I pout like a child and stomp my way to the chair infront of his desk that practically has my name on it from all my visits.

"You are in your last year here, plus this is only your first week of school, why do you still continue this kind of behavior?" He continues to type on his computer.

"I didn't do anything wrong." I roll my eyes.

"Oh really?" He challenges, pausing his typing to turn and face me.

"What about Monday?" he smirks. "When you spray painted the wall into a petition to start school later in the day so you could sleep in?"

I stay silent, smiling sheepishly.

"Or what about Tuesday? When you tore off Ms. Ho's wig?," He laughs.

"That was an accident!," I defend.

"Well then what about Wednesday? When you asked an inappropriate question in class?"

*Flashback to Wednesday*

"I dare you to ask Mr. Lee how babies are made." Mina whispered over to me, smirking.

"Too easy." I raised my hand in the air.

Mr. Lee stopped writing on the board, turning to me, "Yes, Jiha?"

"I have a very important question that I've been curious about for awhile now, sir."

"What is your question?"

"Well.. I heard some noises coming from my parents room last night and my dad said something about a baby," I shrugged innocently.

I watched as Mr. Lee shifted uncomfortably on his heels.

"So I was wondering.. Where do babies come from?" I asked.

The room goes silent while some students try to muffle their laughter.

"I really don't get paid enough for this." The whole class heard Mr. Lee sigh.

"Miss Jiha, please don't ask me another irrelevant question again." He shook his head, disapproval appeared on his face.

"You'd be surprised at how many questions related to that topic I could ask you right now, Sir." I smirked.

"Miss Jiha, please go outside for a couple of minutes, and when your ready to be with us, as a senior, than you may come back inside." He ordered.

*End of Flashback*

"Heh, that was funny." I reminisce the memory to myself.

"Yet very inappropriate." Mr. Kim interjects, ruining my fun.

"In my defense, all of those things I did were dared for me to do. Like I've said countless times before, I never back down from a dare. Ever. That's basically what I'm known for."

He shakes his head, disapproval clear on his face. "Jiha, if you keep doing these types of things, we will have no choice but to assign you a student supervisor to keep you in check." He shrugs, putting his attention back into his computer.

"Doesn't this school say to be yourself?! This school really lies about what they guarantee." I slouch back into the chair. "It may seem like I don't pay attention, but when it matters the most, I actually do, Sir," I mutter under my breath.

He sighs deeply, "Please just sit there until the bell rings."

"You got it Mr. Kim." I roll my eyes.
— — —

A few minutes pass in silence until the door slowly opens and in comes a boy.

"Mr. Kim?," The boy asks.

"That would be me!," Mr. Kim stands to his feet and raises his hand to shake the said boy's hand.

"You must be the new transfer student. Kim Taehyung?"

I sit there quietly observing while the two discuss.

A few words were spoken between the two and I take notice in how deep the boy's voice is. He really does have a deep voice.. kinda like Batman.

"Alright. Let me just go quickly print out your class schedule. I'll be right back." Mr. Kim excuses himself and exits.

Leaving only the two of us in the small room, I direct my attention elsewhere, not wanting to really deal with him, but as i continue to stare blankly at the clock hanging on the wall- watching the seconds tick by, I see from my peripheral vision that he is leaning against the back wall, plain as day, staring at me.

"Like what you see?" I break the silence, not even turning to face him.

"I'm not doing anything that you weren't doing to me." He shrugs, "Don't think I didn't notice you staring at me ever since I walked in here." He smirks and crosses his arms over his chest. 

I feel the heat slowly creep It's way to my cheeks at the humiliation of being caught staring, but try to seem unfazed.

I scoff and glare at him. "Don't flatter yourself."

"Mhm.. Sure." He hums in reply, still smirking.

The door to the office opens once again, coming in, Mr. Kim. "May I see your transcripts?" He asks.

The new kid hands it to him, redirecting his attention to Mr. Kim.

A few seconds pass by in silence while he looks over his transcripts, until..

"Wow! A straight A student since primary school. I'm impressed!" He exasperatedly praises the boy.

"Hey, you hear that, Ji? Some people actually take pride in their school work." Mr. Kim uses my nickname, as if we are the best of pals.

I roll my eyes in annoyance. "I actually have straight A's. Thank you very much." I scoff in disbelief.
He did not just put me on the spot and compare me to this new kid, I swear t-

"Mhm." The new kid hums, mocking me.

"You got something to say?" I growl.

"Nope.. Only that I think you're reading your F's wrong." He pulls a smug look.

"Excuse me, but I will have you know that I'm a top student in all of my classes." I say as it's my turn to return the smug look.

"Well prepare for that to change now that i'm here." He smiles confidently.

"Who asked for your commentary anyway? This is an A and B conversation. C wasn't apart of it, so please, C yourself out." I huff in annoyance, crossing my arms over my chest.

The boy turns to me and stares. I stare back- like it was some sort of staring contest and whoever blinked was the first to back down.

"Well D is for Don't give a fuck." He replies sharply. 

"Well E is for Exit the conversation." I continue.

"F is for Finding my way back into the conversation."

"G is for Get the fuck out."

"H is for Hell to the damn no."

"Well I is for—" I trail off, quickly trying to think of something.

But with that dumb smirk plastered on his smug face, my confidence starts to fade faster second by second.

"..Jackass" I seethe through gritted teeth at my loss of words.

"Jackass doesn't start with an I, Idiot." He mocks.

We continue in our staring contest. Well- he was staring with a smirk and I was glaring with a scowl.

"This is what I'm talking about! Someone to supervise you!" Mr. Kim exclaims, interrupting our intense game.

"Awh, Kitty needs a babysitter?" The boy teases.

I stick my tongue out at him childishly, "My name isn't Kitty, Batman." I coax.

"You know what! I like the fact that you two are getting along so well." Mr. Kim smiles, looking at us.

"Mr. Kim, please get some glasses. We've been arguing for the past 10 minutes." Disgust evident on my face and in my voice, completely dissatisfied with the idea of us getting along.

"You guys are just coming to a start." Mr. Kim assures us. "From now on, Kim Taehyung is your student supervisor!" He announces.

"B- But Mr. Kim, I—" I start to argue back the idea.

"I'll let you both know how it will work out on Monday. for now, Taehyung you just follow Jiha around and go to her classes. keep her in check." He orders.

"Yes, Sir," The boy— Taehyung simply agrees.

I was expecting some sort of disagreement from his part but of course not. that would be too good.

The bell rings, finalizing the new deal.

I jump out of my seat and saunter towards the door. "Finally! Freedom!" I rush out the door with Taehyung following close behind.
— — —

first chap :P pls comment n' vote!

word count: 2849•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

111K 2.6K 41
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
328K 19K 72
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
242K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
575K 12.9K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.