Newt's Girl the Sequel

By hensjeisnsusn

Carly and the rest of the gladers have finally made it out of the glade, only to find out that their trials a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Part 39: The final Chapter
Author's Note

Chapter 2

6.1K 128 92
By hensjeisnsusn

I jolt awake as a blood curling scream pulses through the room. Newt and all the other gladers seemed to have been unaffected by it. I still didn't understand how these guys could sleep through everything. An atomic bomb could go off and they probably wouldn't even flinch in their sleep.

I gasped as a pounding sound came from the same place as the scream.

I had to fight my way out of newt's deaths grip to investigate, a layer of sweat coating me by the time I worked my way out. Jeez he was strong. In the maze, his clothes were so battered and stretched out that you couldn't see his figure underneath. Now he had a new compressive shirt that showed off his lean figure. I could see the outline of his abs and biceps when he lied down and it only made him more attractive. I stared at the sight of him for a few seconds longer, before moving towards the sound.

A window had appeared to the left of the door that hadn't been there the night before. It was a small square that had metal bars on it. I peered closer at it until I saw a pair of eyes staring back at me.

It was a half crazed Man, his eyes were wild as they darted back and forth, scratch marks racked is face where blood oozed from them. Patches of hair were missing on top of his head. He laugh a maniacal laugh, his shattered teeth glinting yellow in the morning light. I screamed as he shot a jagged hand at me through the bars, falling on my but and using my heels to push me away. I scooted away until my back was against the opposite wall.

"Carly!" Newt had instantly woke from my scream, running over to my side, "What's wrong?" Concern etched his features.

Minho groaned, "Can you keep it down? Trying to get my beauty sleep over here, not that I need it, but newty certainly does."

Shakily, I lifted my hand up, pointing to the window where the crazed man was. It was like he wasn't even human, the way he was acting.

"Bloody hell!" Newt protectively crouched in front of me .

Minho jumped from his bed, "What the shuck!"

Thomas and the others had woken up now, screaming questions and profanities at the man, "Was there a window there last night?" Thomas breathed.

I shook my head gingerly, "No."

"Let's go into the hallway to find those guards. Maybe they will have some answers, cause this guy is giving me the creeps." He runs over to the door pulling on it aggressively, "What the shuck! It's locked."

"Let me try" Minho places his hand on the knob, pulling it as hard as he could, but the door wouldn't budge.

"Why would they lock us in here?"

"Maybe so we didn't get lost in the hallways." Frypan interjected as he came up behind him, along with the other boys.

"No, I think it's something else. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I think this is wicked guys. Or a group like them."

Newt shook his head in denial, "Why would wicked give us food and rescue us."

"Maybe they didn't. Maybe this is all part of their tests. To test our brain waves like they did in the maze."

No one said anything as the shock settled in. They had to admit it was a possibility.

"Well there's only one way to find out." Minho stammered, "We gotta get this door open. Even if we have to bust it open, cause I'm not spending the day in here with crazy trying to eat us. I know I look good, but I'd rather not find out if I taste it too." He pointed towards the window, but the man had disappeared.

That creeped me out more than seeing him there. I looked behind me to make sure there was nothing there as a shiver ran down my spine. I didn't like this.

Thomas, newt, and Minho threw themselves at the door, trying to pry or bust it open, but it wouldn't budge. Eventually, all the boys attempted to open it, before growing tired and settling down to rest in their beds or to use the restroom.

My head jerked up when I heard the scratching sound again from before, but this time there was two of them. The man seemed to have brought a female over that looked exactly like him, except she didn't have any blood on her face along with her scratch marks. They pressed their faces through the bars, laughing at us. I had to cover my ears and bury my face in newts chest to block them out. The sight of them was pure horror, the sound of them making it a hundred times worse. Newt held onto me tightly since he could see how distraught I was. He replaced his hand with mine, blocking out their sound, as I clutched his shirt tightly between my small fists.

After another five minutes of it, I couldn't handle it anymore. Jumping up from newts grasp, I walked to the door, gripping the handle and pulling with all my might.

I squealed as I flew back in shock unexpectedly. The door had been unlocked, so it opened with ease, but I pulled it too hard causing me to fall over.

"Bloody hell! It's open?" Newt jumped up in shock.

We crowded around the door and peered out into what was once a bright white hallway, but was now just a black abyss of nothingness.

"What happened to the lights?"

"I don't know, but I'm not staying here any longer. Who knows how many friends they have out there." I shivered at the thought, clutching newts hand tightly. After seeing what was through that window I didn't really feel like venturing through the dark. I also didn't want to stay back in that room with them, so I had no other choice.

"Everyone stay together and try to find a light switch." Minho stated, leading us into the darkness. It was strange not having an actual leader, but I wasn't complaining. As long as newt wasn't stressed and we were all on board with it, then it was fine with me.

We stepped out of the room, the darkness enveloping us instantly.

"Don't let go of my hand for a second." Newt whispered, his grip on my hand tightening.

"I wouldn't even if you asked me to." My voice cracks from fear. As much as I hated to admit it, I was scared of the dark. Of all the things I could be scared of, it was the dark. Your worst nightmares could lurk in it, watching you every second, and you would be vulnerable.

He gives my hand a reassuring squeeze as we move along the perimeter, so that our hands can move across the wall in hopes that we find a light switch.

"Ahh shuck!" Minho yells from the other side of the dark space, "There's tables watch out."

Newt stops abruptly when I hear a loud thump, a hiss running between his teeth and I knew he ran into one.

"I warned you." Minho tsked, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Oh. What the? There's also something hanging from the ceiling." Thomas says, confused.

Hanging from the ceiling? What could possibly be hanging that low from the ceiling?

"Jeez what's that smell? It's worse than frypans food." Winston says ahead of us.

"Haha. Very funny, you know you loved it." Frypan remarks back.

The smell they were talking about hits me like a wave and I have to hold back the gag. It smelled like something was rotting and I was scared that the thing we saw through the window had gotten inside and was lurking in the dark. This is why I was scared of it.

But they weren't rotting, I mean their teeth were, but everything else about them were just beat up and bloody. Could blood smell that way?

"Oh I think I found the light switch." Minho sighs. I hear the sound of his hands fumbling with something, before hearing the click. The lights blinded me as they abruptly came on.

Screams and gasps erupt as we see the scene before us. Dead bodies were hanging from the ceiling. They were dressed in the same outfits as the guards and nurses from the pervious night before, but I didn't recognize any of them as the ones that helped us. Could these be the same people?

What was more disturbing was how they looked. Sure, they were dead, but they looked as though they have been dead for weeks instead of less than a day. If someone had killed them last night, they wouldn't look and smell this bad already, would they?

I stared at them in horror. Who could have done this to them? Why would someone do this to them? Why had they locked us in our room? To protect us? And then who unlocked it? And what happened to the twisting hallways outside of our door? Now there was a just a huge space, that reminded me of a cafeteria, without the windows and only a few tables and couches added to it. None of this made any sense as I held my breath. I felt like something worse was about to happen.

Newt grabbed me from behind pulling me into my chest, so I all I could see was darkness, instead of the dead bodies. Of course he wouldn't want me to see them. He never wanted me to see anything bad.

I didn't mind though. This way I could smell him instead of the rotting flesh and bones. He always smelled amazing, but I still couldn't pin point exactly what it was. All I knew was that I loved it, and it calmed me down.

I pulled away from him when Thomas spoke, "Was that door there before?"

I looked over to the other side of the room. A door, identical to ours, had appeared directly across from the previous one.

We all looked at each before slowly moving towards it. Did we really want to know what was on the other side of it?

Thomas reached his hand out, turning the knob slowly. It was unlocked. So whatever or whoever this was, they wanted us to go in. Were these part of some tests. Was this what Chancellor Paige meant by 'see you on the other side' in my memory? I really didn't want to find out.

Even as I thought this, Thomas pushed, opening the door as, one by one, we began to step through to the other side.

Hey guys! Sorry for taking so long to post. I promise I'll start posting more this week when I have free time. Enjoy! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261K 4.3K 56
This is a book containing Newt imagines in the glade and outside with AUs and texts as well. They are under work! Trigger warnings, smut warnings, cu...
7K 190 20
Teddy and her friends have already been through hell and back, but what will happen in the Scorch? ~~~ Sequel to Since We Were Kids Disclaimer: All c...
185K 4.2K 36
What if she wasn't meant to be there? ❝I don't want to end up like that.❞ ❝You won't. I promise.❞ [ newt x fem!oc ] [ disclaimer: I only own my oc...
2.6K 93 16
Book 2:(Y/n) and Newt have survived the impossible Maze Trials, the group had been taken to a facility away from the hands off WCKD, however they're...