Dead Eyes (Kyoya X OC)

By lovelyxion

(COMPLETED) Kainé is starting her second year at Ouran Academy. She's very intelligent for someone her age. B... More

First Interaction
Meeting the host club
Avoiding the Host Club Party
Grades and Physical Exam
A Game
Jungle Pool S.O.S
A Girls' Day Out
Lobelia Girls
What?!
It Doesn't Feel Wrong
Talk
Dinner with Mr. Ootori
Push
A Day in the Life of Avoiding Kyoya
Sweet Bitter Days
The Truth Comes Out
Covering the Famous Host Club
The Refresher Game and a Date
Kyoya's Reluctant Day Out
Until the Day it Becomes a Pumpkin
An Apprentice and a Big Reveal
An Apprentice and A Big Reveal (pt. 2)
An Apprentace and a Big Reveal (Pt. 3)
Stargazing
The End Is Near
A Note
Wedding Bells

A Beach Fit

9.4K 259 223
By lovelyxion

C H A P T E R  S E V E N

*|| Kyoya's POV ||*

"The beach?" Haruhi questions.

"Of course, the beach." The twins comfirm what she just said.

"But why?"Haruhi asks another.

"Dont you remember what you said." Hikaru begins. "You said you'd like to go to a real beach." Kaoru finishes it off.

"Did i say that?" Haruhi says.

"Yes haruhi"the twins say lazily, "here's the fun part."they perk up.

"We've brought some swim suits for you to choose from" Kaoru announces gestering to the many swimsuits they displayed, but specifically at the pink ruffled two piece. I wonder if...

"Pretty cute, don't ya think?" Hikaru adds.

"No, not that one" Honey sempai joins in, "I think that this swimsuit would look much cuter on Haru-chan" as he holds on to a sailer like one piece. Maybe she'll...

"I dont think you get it Honey sempai" twins shove him aside.

"Hm?" Honey sempai is confused.

"Just look, this uniform barely hides the fact that Haruhi is as flat as a cutting board" Hikaru informs as he and Kaoru carry Haruhi.

"A one piece suit like that would only upset her because it draws attention to her lacking feminine fasique." Kaoru adds.

"That why we carefully selected this wonderful two piece suit. See?" Twins. "The ruffles help hide the fact that she's so flat chested" though, pink isn't Kaine's color...

"You punks better stop sexually harassing my little girl!" Tamaki shouts" I've had enough of you!"

"That means, we're not going to the beach?" Twins question.  I should stop this thinking...

"Who said that we're not going?" Tamaki smirks with gleam in his eyes.

"Really? So you want to go after all?"Twins say mischievously.

"Can Usa-chan come?" Honey asks.

"I have no problem with that" I answer Honey sempai's question with Mori sempai agreeing with me.

"Huh? We're really gonna go?" Haruhi asks baffled.

"Why not? Lets go to the beach." Tamaki announces.

Where's Kaine?

"Hey, wait a minute," Hikaru captures everyone's attention, "Where's Kaine?"

"Oh yeah," Kaoru looks around," we have to pick her swimsuit to." He grins at me. No.

"She's making up a few tests." Haruhi answers the question.

"Yeah" Mori agrees.

"How do you guys know?" Tamaki asks.

"She texted us. She'll be here in a bit." Haruhi adds.  I never see her interact with Haruhi so often. I'm missing more information on her than I care to admit.

"Doesn't Kyoya have her number too?" The twins chime in. They all turn to me. I adjust my glasses,"Yes, I do." But they didnt push any further as Kaine walks through the doors.

"Speak of the devil." Tamaki says.

"Hi guys." Kaine greets us. My heart seemed to skip a beat. Why?

"So Kaine..." the twins intertwine their arms around her neck, stop," what do you think about going to the beach?"

"Sure, why not?" She answers in a nuetral tone.

"Great! We'll help you pick a swimsuit!" They say mischievously. They each grab a hand and pull her towards the swimsuits. This captured Mori sempai's attention and intently kept his eyes on them. Why?

After going through every unnecessary inappropriate swimsuit they had Kaine finally has something to say." Why are you guys persistent on these insipid swimsuits. You clearly know my style and what color goes well with my skin tone. Stop messing around and choose the appropiate one for me." Well isn't that an attractive quality.

They exasperate in defeat, "Alright." And they quickly pull out a green two piece. "How about this one?" She pauses a little and nods.

----- BEACH -----

"So... why'd we go to Okinawa?" The twins ask.

"Because Kyoya's family has a private beach here." Tamaki answers them.

"It's beautiful isnt it?" Honey sempai adds as Mori sempai simply says, "Yeah"

"But why couldn't we gone..." twins say unison.

"...To the Caribbean..." Hikaru adds.

"...Or even Fiji?" Kaoru ends.

"Do you think a commoner like Haruhi has a passport?" I answer their question with another question.

"Ah" twins understand now.

"You do realize that I can here what you're saying right?" Haruhi asks agitated.

--------

Business is in session. Tamaki is entertaining some of our guests on a rock. The twins are playing with a few more, Mori and Honey sempai are stretching and Haruhi is sitting under an unberellas as a few girls approach her.

"I can't believe he fooled us." Hikaru says.

"Who'd of thought he'd bring the ladies with us." Kaoru adds. They're referring to me, I assume.

"We certainly didnt expect it" Hikaru goes on.

"You were invited on an all expenses paid vacation for a reason and that is to keep our clients entertained." I interrupt what they're saying.

"We know but with the ladies here..."Hikaru responds.

"...Haruhi cant change into her swimsuit "Kaoru adds.

"Dont worry I've got it all under control." Tamaki joins in our conversation," My little angel should'nt be pransing around in a swimsuit. At least not in front of two perverts like you." A gleam in his eye is shown and he goes into a daze. In the corner of my eye, I see Kaine sit on a beach towel and staring off into the ocean. With how Tamaki is acting, I take the opportunity to leave and make my way over there. Ill deal with the police force hiding behind that rock.

*|| Kaine's POV ||*

"It's a nice day out. Its not too hot, the breeze feels great, water must be nice too. Dont you agree Kyoya?" I ask without turning my head.

"Yes, it is." He agrees as he sits next to me.

"I dont think I've ever witnessed you sit on the ground Kyoya. Its quite surprising." I comment.

"Well I'm full of surprises." He says as i begin to put my hair up. I can feel him staring.

"You know, I dont think I've ever seen your hair up before. Its quite lovely." He says, remarkably, innocently.

"Thank you." I respond. He's quiet for a bit and a grins makes its way, "Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me you didnt mean to say that."

He clicks his tongue,"Everything I do is intentional. Advantage is key."

"Ah, so what do I have to be advantageous to you?" I ask, intentionally getting closer to him.

"You... You." He stutters before clearing his throat, "Well for one, your father's position in power. And whatever you're hiding is a disadvantage but can easily be turned to a very advantageous from how you carry yourself."

"Im disappointed that you havent figured anything else Kyoya. Am I really that difficult to figure out? Or are you not as good as you think you are?" I tease. Im, all of a sudden, pulled in closer to him and places his hand under my chin. With me, without thinking,hold onto his wrist. What is this feeling?

"Don't underestimate me Kaine." His tone suddenly changed, "As I've said before, I'm full of surprises."

I feel his pulse. Its racing again." You're heart rate is palpitating quite fast."

"And you're blushing." He adds and we let go of eachother. Soon after, he gets up," if you'll excuse me..." and he walks off. I over hear what Tamaki and the twins and that's when Kyoya chimes in."And i have the perfect prize for the game's lucky winner."

"We wanna play too!" Honey sempai shouts.

"I guess that means we're all playing." Kyoya confirms.

"Where'd you get those pictures of Haruhi?!" Tamaki starts shouting.

"Hey, wait a minute, where did you get those pictures Kyo-chan?" Honey sempai asks.

"Hand them over!" Tamaki continues to ramble.

"I have my sources. How about we just leave it at that, for the moment?" Kyoya answers their question. And the game begins. With that, everyone spreads out and Kyoya comes back. As he makes himself comfortable I grab the sunblock. "Do you mind?" As i have my back towards him handing over the sunblock. "My skin is quite sensitive to the sun." After a second or so, he grabs the bottle,"Not at all."

A chill runs down my spine as he places the cold sunblock on my back."Too cold?" He asks before going on.

"Im fine." And he continues to rub my back in a quick circular pattern. After awhile, it changed. They became slower and mor random.

"Are you done?" I ask. He quickly removes his hands. "Yes." He answers. He hands me the sunblaock back and I apply it on the rest of my body. I begin to apply it on my face. I face him." Is there anything left on my face?"

"Uh." He hesistates a bit before placing his hand on my cheek and rubbed the side of my nose.

"Thank you." And i face foward.

"Kaine," he pauses, "what do you know about Haruhi's fear?"

"Is this about that game you guys started?" I ask.

"Yes." He answers.

"Hmm." I pause," I know it, but I wont tell you."

"And why not? He asks curiously.

"I promised her I wouldnt say anything. Plus," I turn to him," it's funny when you dont know everything."

"If you dont stop rubbing that in my face, I'm afraid I'm going to get back at you." He threatens me. I wonder what he means.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask entertained. What am I doing?  But before I could find out what he meant, I heard Haruhi's voice and I suddenly felt uneasy. I quickly got up.

"Kaine?" Kyoya saus my name but I just begin to run, quickly snapping my fingers. I pass by the twins and Tamaki and made my way up a cliff. Im  right behind her now.

"You little runt!" A guy who smells like alcohol shouts. A girl runs towards me.

"Go get help." I tell her and she begins to run.

"Why dont you quit bothering them?" Haruhi shouts," werent you jerks listening?"

I her two other girls squirming and I quickly go toqards them. Another guy is with them.

After kicking him, he lets go of the girls but he now has a grip on me. "You're gonna pay for that."

The other guy drags her to the edge," What are you gonna do now loser?"

"Dont hurt him!" One of the girls shout. I guess they're too shocked to move.

"I got an idea. Why dont you take a dip?" With shuffling rocks he has Haruhi on edge.

"Haruhi!" I hear Tamaki yell.

"Hope you can swim." And i hear Haruhi gasp as she falls, and the scent of roses quickly pass my nose. Tamaki jumps after her. And that same moment, I'm out of the other guy's grip. The scent of caramel, cinnamon, and minty pine mix together.

After a quick beating from the twins, and taking their ID's, the two guys left. My arm is, all of a sudden, in someone's grip.

"You have major bruising around your wrist. When we get back to the villa, I'll treat it." He sounds aggravated. The twins entangle their arms with mine.

"Dont say anything, and youll be fine." They whisper to me. And I immediately do the opposite.

"What's on your mind Kyoya?" I ask and we stop in our tracks.

"Now you've done it." The twins grown.

"What's on my mind, you ask?" He repeats my question," What's on my mind? Hmm how about the fact that you and Haruhi didnt even think about safety when you went up there!"

"They needed help, Kyoya. There was no time-" I get cut off.

"I was right next to you, Kaine!" He shouts and he goes quiet. With the sound of sand shifting, Kyoya begins walking again and soon, so do we.

"Listen to us next time." They whisper. I couldn't tell the tone of their voice.

When we met with Mori and Honey sempai at the beach they didnt leave my side. As Haruhi and Tamaki fought, Mori sempai kept his hand on my  shoulder to make sure i didnt intervene. After that we went back to the villa.

----- DINNER -----

"Tada!"Honey sempai announces,"Here you go. Dont they look yummy?"

"I apologize that there arent any maids around to help you cook sempai."Kyoya says.

"Its no big deal. We appreciate you letting us stay here." Honey sempai adds,"Hey Takashi, will you go get Haru-chan?

"Hm"

"Its awfully gloomy out there huh. Looks like its gonna rain" Honey informs us.

"Its not just gloomy outside..." Hikaru adds.

"Its pretty gloomy inside the dining room aswell." Kaoru finishes his point,"Just take a look at sempai."

"C'mon quite moping boss." Hikaru tells Tamaki.

"You shouldnt have picked a fight with her in the first place." Kaoru adds on.

Doors open.

Am I guilty?

Was it really my fault?

It shouldnt have. Granted what I  did was dumb but this isnt my fault.

I just acted.

"Let's dig in haru chan. These are the crabs we caught" Honey says trying to lighten the mood. We begin eating, especially Haruhi and she consumes a lot of food.

"These crabs are incrabbible. Get it." She laughs.

"Dont you think you've eaten too much? Give it a rest." Tamaki talks to her.

"Excuse me, I thought you werent speaking to me?" She says to Tamaki.

"You trying to be cute?" He grunts." Okay fine, I get. It seems to me that you refuse to admit that you were wrong. See if i care then. Im going to bed. Kyoya will show me to my room please?"

"No problem." Kyoya gets up," Well, excuse me everyone."

And with that he leaves the dinner table with Kyoya. Suddenly, Haruhi feels guilty of what happened earlier today.

"Maybe he's right. Maybe I do need to learn a way to protect myself." Haruhi mumbles.

"So thats it,"The twins say,"he got to you, huh."

" Well it wouldn't hurt you to learn martial arts or something." Hikaru continues.

"But its not like we're going to force you to learn it." Kaoru adds on.

"Besides thats not the real issue here." Thwy say in unison.

"To be honest, we were a little worried about how recklessly you acted." Hikaru admits.

"What do you mean?" Haruhi asks,"I didnt cause you any trouble or anything."

The Twins groan.

"That's not true Haru chan." Honey sempai joins in,"I think you should apologize. Kay? Both of you."

"Why am I dragged into this?" I ask.

" You made us all worry. Especially Tama-chan and Kyo-chan. I think you guys need to apologize to them the most." I groan.

"So you guys were worried about us? But why?" Haruhi asks. And we all groan.

"Youre hopeless." The twins add.

"You think?" She says,"Guys I'm really sorry." Suddenly, Haruhi feels sick and she's off to find a bathroom.

"Now Kaine sempai-" I cut them off. "Im not going to apologize unless i feel guilty and im not."

"And why arent you? Not only is Tamaki upset but as is Kyoya. What happened between you and Kyoya, we've never seen him act like that before." Kaoru says agitated.

"Does that make me special." I say lazily.

"Yeah it does. He actually expressed some concern for you. Look at your wrist. He still needs to treat it." Hikaru adds.

"Kaine..." Mori sempai speaks,"go apologize." Hearing his sincerity, I groan.

"Fine, whatever. Ill go apologize." And with that I take my leave.

I make my way down the hall and count the doors to find his room. Upon opening the door, the smell of coffee is mixed with the smokey pine with a hint of mint. I realize Haruhi is here.

"Oh sorry." I say,"I didnt mean to interrupt." And I make my way to my room which is the room before his.

*|| Kyoya's POV ||*

I get off of Haruhi. "Wai-" but it was too late. She already left.

You can go after her in a minute. I've learned something from this."she says,"I guess I never realized what a nice guy you are, sempai." I face her.

"I know what you're doing. You're just trying to prave what Tamaki sempai said earlier." She goes on," I know that youre trying to prove his point. That youre just posing as the bad guy." I get up from the bed. A knock is heard on my door.

"Kyoya, do you have any lotion? This sunburn is worse than i thou-" he notices Haruhi.

"You bastard!" But before he explode I shove the bottle of lotion at his face."Here. Use as much as you want you big goof." And make my way towards Kaine's room. I knock on her door and I wait a moment but no answer. I knock again but no answer again. I slowly open the door and slowly walk in. I scan the room and see a hump on the bed. I quietly make my way towards her bedside. She's asleep already. I look at her wrist that's sticking out of the bed. I still need to treat that. I go to the restroom to find a medical kit and headed back to her bedside to treat her wrist. In no time, I finish wrapping her wrist.

Without thinking, I entangle my hand with hers, carefull not to wake her up. What am I doing?  She shuffles a bit and her hair get on her face. I carefully push her hair back with my other hand and her hand tightens a bit. What is this? This feeling? I take a deep breath and i let go of her hand.

"I forgive you." I whisper, before walking out of her room.

*|| Kaine's POV ||*

As soon as I heard my door close, I sit up. Feeling the bamdages on my wrist, confusion consumes my thoughts.

Why'd he do that?

What is this?

What am I going to do?

What...what is this feeling? This warm feeling?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.7K 2.2K 23
Completed "She's dead?" a voice whispered out in shock as her lips trembled from the cold and fear of what comes next. "Yes, and She has given you gu...
149K 4.2K 33
You are sucked into the Realm of Middle Earth accidentally, and are bound to the ring! If you don't find a way to unbind yourself from it, you will p...
7.9K 275 25
She wanted a way out, he wanted a way in. After a terrible accident, Anzu Fukushima took a leap of faith to find out more about her father. Turns out...
7.7K 313 30
Taki's death had made the Akatsuki go as cold-hearted as you could get. But what happens when they find a sweet little girl with a cute speech proble...