Virulence; Xu Minghao. ✔

By cheekyidols

"These bruises on my neck are not human. He's not human" highest ranking: #1 in minghaoxreader; march 18th, 2... More

character list.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.

seven.

8.1K 349 236
By cheekyidols

___

-a month later; comp day-

It was finally competition time and Mei was extremely excited. Her and Minghao would open competition with their dance, and they would end it with the group dance, then separate group dances would be in the middle.

Mei did her usual thing for mornings, but she straightened her hair, and put on some comfortable clothes to ride to competition in.

Everyone was supposed to match Mei and Minghao, so they decided on something that would turn heads and draw attention for the competition. He would be wearing black, to contrast with Mei who would be wearing white during their performance.

"You're coming to the competition right?" She asked her parents as she sat at the table.

Her dad smiled. "Of course we are."

When Mei got to the school, Mrs. Su and Minghao were at the entrance, so she walked over to them with a smile.

"Good morning, guys." She greeted.

"Morning, Mei." They replied.

The three headed inside shortly after and went to the dance room. "So, no one has seen your separate team dances and your lead dance correct?" Mrs. Su asked.

"Correct." Mei replied.

"Perfect. Now we just need to pack waters and towels for everyone, and then we can get on the bus. We'll practice at competition."

Both of them nodded, and soon the rest of the students filed in. They left the classroom and got on the bus, and Mei and Minghao sat next to each other, since they were the leaders.

He smiled and looked over at her. "I'm so excited for this."

"Me too, it's always fun performing for other people." She replied.

They looked at each other and locked eyes for a moment, before Mrs. Su caught their attention. "In your lead dance, I need you guys to act like there's a spark between the two of you, with so much passion it's radiating off you and the audience can feel it."

"We will." Minghao replied, a bright smile on his face.

Mei wasn't sure how to take that, but she felt the corners of her mouth lift to match his expression.

Soon, they arrived at the competition stage and everyone changed into their outfits.

Mei:

Minghao:

When the two of them came out of the dressing rooms, they gawked at each other.

"You look fancy." He said.

She smiled back at the boy. "As do you."

Her and Minghao started stretching and practicing, when Jaehwa came by. "If you touch my man, you're in for it.

Mei raised an eyebrow. "If you want to win the competition, I'm going to have to touch your man."

Jaehwa walked away and Minghao sighed. "I wish I wasn't with her anymore."

"Then why are you still dating her?"

"My parents want me to marry her because they think she's my soulmate," he shrugged. "But I know she's not."

Mei pursed her lips. "Weird."

Mrs. Su came by and patted her shoulders, and both of them stood up.

"Introducing Seoul High's main dancers and leaders of their team, Xu Minghao and Liu Mei." The announcer said.

The two walked out onto the stage and positioned themselves as people clapped, then the competition began.

When they finished, everyone cheered and Mei could hear the other dance members from their team screaming. Especially Kino from backstage and Renjun from the audience.

Some other groups went and they were really good too, but the passion wasn't there and that's what really made the dance in the first place.

Soon, it was Minghao's turn with the boys, and Mei watched him the whole time with a glance at Kino from time to time.

Minghao looked really good when he danced, and it was so crazy to her how talented he was; he just moved so well. Some more groups went, and then it was Mei's turn with the girls.

-Minghao POV-

When Mei was dancing, Minghao noticed how happy she looked. He could really feel the passion radiating off of her when she performed. His eyes were glued to her the whole time. Then that certain smell came around again, the one that came around every once in a while when he was around her, and he couldn't help but smile.

Soon it was the end of competition and Seoul High school was last for the group dance.

"And now, Seoul High's best dance and choreography team, held under Mrs. Su with the help of leaders, Xu Minghao and Liu Mei." The announcer informed.

Everyone positioned themselves and the music started, and so did they.

(with ten people)

When they finished, the whole crowd roared.

"Alright," the announcer began once again. "Now it's time to vote for who you think should win this twenty-eighteen dance competition."

Everyone went back stage and Minghao pulled her into a hug, and she immediately responded and put her arms around his waist. Then she hugged Kino and then Mrs. Su, then it was a whole big group hug.

The announcers voice came on again. "Alright, all teams to the stage please."

All teams stepped onto the stage. Mrs. Su was on the left side of the group, Mei and Minghao stood on the left, slightly in front of the group.

"This years third place winner is," he paused for a moment. "Busan high!"

Everyone clapped as they went up to get their medals. Mei used to go to Busan, so after the dance teacher and the team gave their speech, they all walked up to the girl.

"You're still amazing, Miss Liu," her old dance instructor praised. "Keep it up."

She smiled. "Thank you."

Minghao looked at her, a small smile on his face. "What was that about?"

"I used to go to Busan before I moved." She answered, then she turned her attention back to the competition.

"This years second place winner is, Gyeongju High."

Everyone clapped and bowed to show their respect and support. "And finally, this years first place winners," he paused for emphasis. "Seoul High! Congratulations you guys, you deserve it."

The team jumped around for a couple of seconds before Mei, Mrs. Su, and Minghao gave their speech. Mrs. Su gave hers first and then it was hers and Minghao's turn.

"It was a pleasure being a leader to the team. It was an amazing experience working with everyone and having fun, showing our passion on stage," Mei chuckled quietly. "I couldn't have done it without Mrs. Su and Minghao."

"It was such an amazing experience, especially working with Mei on choreography, dancing together and being leaders together. It was an experience I will never forget." He said, looking at the girl and holding up his hand.

She put her hand in his and he interlocked their fingers, making the girl blush.

Her and Minghao looked forward again. "Thank you."

Everyone went backstage again and Mei personally congratulated the teams that didn't win anything.

"Kids, you did great." Mrs. Su came up, praising them.

"Thank you Mrs. Su, you were a great guide."

She smiled and hugged both of them, walking off.

Mei turned to Minghao and pulled him into another hug. "You did amazing, Minghao."

He didn't hesitate to put his arms around her waist. "As did you."

Mrs. Su clapped. "Alright team, you're dismissed."

Mei pulled away and waved, and she started walking away, but someone pulled on her shirt, causing her to stumble. She stood up straight and turned around to face Jaehwa.

"I saw you hug Minghao."

She lifted her hand to slap the girl, but of course, she caught it. "It's called being friendly, Jaehwa. You should try it sometime."

Mei let go of her wrist and walked away, then she met her parents in the car, and the moment she got in, they began praising their daughter.

"Our daughter is so talented!"

"You did amazing, honey!"

"Thank you guys," she said, smiling. "Wait, what about my car?"

She had left it in the parking lot earlier that morning. "Eunho brought it home."

"That dance you did with that boy was amazing," her mom chirped. "He's very talented, and handsome, too!"

Mei felt her cheeks get hot. "Thank you, and he is very handsome."

They got home and the girl went straight upstairs, since she was exhausted. She didn't even get to take a shower before she fell into a deep sleep.

___

A/N: credit to all the people who actually choreographed those dances:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268K 9.1K 27
"I'm the boss. Do whatever I say, got it?" *** A Seungjin AU Fanfiction (C) 2019 LoveByYaoi ~Highest Rankings~ #1 in SEUNGMIN - (31/10/19) #1 in HYUN...
70K 3K 18
He was suffering, and the constant stinging in his throat wasn't the problem. In fact, looking at them hug, hold hands, and exchange their love, was...
72.1K 4.2K 35
"𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐎, 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐔𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐓𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄." a hwang hyunjin story. © archirin 2018 [completed : Nov 2018] EDITED ON JULY 2019 ✓
66.9K 2.6K 22
"You're the prettiest possession that I own" "You owned my body, but I lost my soul to you" #5 in Taekook 19/03/2022 #1 in Topkook 19/03/2022