Double Down (a double standar...

By nikkihershell

I didn't ask to be born into this world, none of us did but we make the best of it. I'm a twenty-five year ol... More

Recap
Happy Birthday
Making Amends
The End Of A Beginning
Alternate Ending
Numb Empire
How Many Sugars Would You Like?
In Remembrance
Chasing The Unchaseable
Alice In No Land
First Break
This Feeling
Boy Toy
It's Not Gonna Happen
Impenetrable
Touching Base
I Ain't Scared
Prickly Pear
Let's chat
Hiding The Truth
Well This Is New
My Own Fuckery
Big Shocker
Secret Training
Steam And Matches
Parentals
Under The Weather
Trouble Has A New Name
Tonight 's Menu: Drama
What's Considered Normal Anyways
Allow Me To Introduce Myself
Fight For Freedom
Welcome To My World Fucker
Surrender
Uncaptivate
No Turning Back Now
Appreciation
Angels And Demons
Anchors Away
Ch-Ching
Unleashed
Yes Means No, No Means Yes
Hearts Entangled
Standing My Ground
To The Grave
Little Temptress
Finally Gave In
Murder On The Brain
Bonjour
The Truth Hurts
Damsel Or Not
Needle In A Haystack
Bottoms Up
Double TAKE
Queen Recognized
He's Got Me
At A End
Alert!!!
Reversed Proposal

Vixen In Red

3.9K 280 82
By nikkihershell

A few day's had went by and The mood nor atmosphere had changed. Mom still had bouts of weeping and Pape begged her to go talk to someone but that only enraged her. Demarco threw himself into his work with the main focus on finding out who was responsible for this. So far not a clue but we are having the bullets analyzed. The one's we killed that night had no form of identification on them so that was a deadend. However their faces are being scanned to see if we find any matching person's. If we do find a match we can possibly identify them and what group they belong to.

We are all still staying under the same roof at my parent's country home. I believe no one can bear to leave knowing that they rest here just several feet away. Papa had someone come immediately and plant grass along with yellow roses over the dirt plot so mom wouldn't have to see it as a ugly reminder. He tried to make it as beautiful as possible even though mom would never see it that way, his heart was in the right place.

Heir and Sire stayed glued to Demarco's side helping in any way they could, as did I. Our thirst for blood was so strong we might as well be vampires. Mizery stayed focused on her training to numb the pain. When she walked in with a black eye and busted lip my pape went ape shit. He insisted she was pushing herself too hard and wanted to know what bastard dared to hit her. Mizery just shrugged him off and replied. "Don't sweat it Pape, the pussy hit like a bitch and he looks way worse" .

Which was probably true. Mizery  is a tough cookie and can take on about any man. Pape still didn't like her answer and tagged along behind her. "No training for at least two week's, understood?"

Mizery answered by rolling her eye's loudly and pulling the knife Pop Pop had given her from her waistband. "If you'll excuse me Pape, I have some throwing to work on".

Sam stayed busy preparing meals and making sure everyone was taken care of. Many time's she tried to get Demarco to slow down and rest but he turned a deaf ear toward her. Then it all exploded around lunch time. Demetrius received the dress that Pop Pop had purchased for her. She walked in hugging the dress to her smiling with tears in her eye's. "It came, just in time too".

Demarco looked up and sneered. "I told you that you can't wear that dress. Besides you're not going now. Our family is in danger and someone has declared war upon us".

" but Pape ". Demetrius wailed. "Pop Pop bought this for me. It was his last gift to me".

" the fuck girl? You talking back to me? You'll do as I say ". Demarco boomed.

" you're not being fair. I wish pop pop was here now cause he would so kick your ass". Demetrius screamed in a girly fit.

Demarco sped up to her and ripped the dress from her hands. "Get the fuck to your room".

Demetrius sobbed as Sam rushed in. "Demarco enough. Give her the dress back. Demetrius will be attending the dance tonight because we all need a bit of normalcy around here. Your father would love to be able to see his granddaughter in the dress he bought for her and damn it she will wear it."

Demetrius gripped the dress tightly and in a pail of sobs raced up the stairs. Sam glared at Dem. "You should be ashamed. I know you're hurting but we all are. Now, I want you to prepare a team of men to escort our daughter to the dance then lay yourself down for a bit".

Sam marched out and Demarco rubbed his weary eye's but did as Sam demanded. It seemed to be chaos everywhere I turned. Stepping out onto the patio I looked out across the land. I saw King sitting by the graves but what surprised me was Zoe sitting with him. That's the last thing we need now. Zoe was a few year's older than him but seemed to have issue's with falling in love quickly. I just hoped King wasn't her new interest. Thankfully my Pop Pop Conner and the rest were returning to their apartment back at the building in a bit. He planned to stay in New York until the killer's were brought to justice.

The remainder of the afternoon went by smoothly until we had a visitor. King had long since joined me on the patio when Severo Marietta showed up. He sat across from us and extended his hand. After exchanging handshakes he spoke to King. "My flight leaves in a little bit so I must be on my way. Before I go there is some issue's I need to discuss with you. Don't worry, I wouldn't ask you to make any decisions duiring such a trying time but I do need to let you know a few thing's. You're well aware that I oversee the business that your mom started for you. I know exactly what her plans for you are, well as I was instructed by your father"

Severo paused to laugh. "Your father always sat in on our meetings afraid to leave your mother alone with me. Anyways I just want you to know that whenever your ready to take over I'm here to help guide you and teach you the ropes".

Severo went to hand King his business card when he was suddenly jerked up. "The fuck you telling him. He's only eighteen and isn't even ready to rule. I am his guardian now and you are to discuss such matters with me" . Demarco warned.

Severo held his hands up. "I'm just doing what I'm supposed to do. I'm to make him aware of his business" .

Before Demarco could reply King jumped up. "I'm an adult now Dem. I don't need you calling the shots for me".

" the fuck you don't. You have no clue what to even do. You was babied by our parent's. I promised mommy I'd watch over you and damn  it I will". Demarco spat.

"Fuck off. I can handle my own". King retorted.

Demarco stepped up to him ready to pounce but was interrupted by Sam shouting. "Dem don't you dare. Go inside now. Severo meant no harm".

Eventually everyone calmed down and Severo took his leave. Having enough myself, I decided to take a trip into town for a break. Not wanting wanting a loud party scene, I chose a quiet little jazz bar to relax. I sat in a dark corner sipping my bourbon when a large, rowdy crowd came in. Apparently it was someone's birthday and the party was here. Thankfully they sat across the room but was still loud. Choosing to block it out I retreated to my  thoughts. I don't know how long I sat there but when I looked up I had to do a double take. Several feet away was a flower decoration filled with yellow roses. A vixen in a red dress stood there sniffing the blooms. However when she turned I nearly gasped out loud. It was none other than my little coffee shop girl but she wasn't all cute and innocent looking now. In fact she was a total knockout. The dress showed off a body that had been well hidden by uniforms and aprons. Her hair was loose and flowing. My blood started to simmer and I knew I had to approach her. Coming up from behind I said. "Their beautiful aren't they?"

"Yes, they are. Yellow roses are my favorite" . She said turning with a smile.

Obviously she recognized me. "Oh hi there".

I grinned shyly. Fuck why does she have this effect on me. "Hi".

She grinned. "I feel like I should ask for your order. It's odd bumping into customer's."

I grinned. "No coffee tonight I'm afraid" . I said indicating to my glass of bourbon.

"So what brings you here?" I asked not knowing what to say.

She nodded toward the rowdy crowd. "Birthday dinner, and you?"

I shrugged. "Just needed to unwind a bit".

She then remembered about my grandparents and gave a sympathetic look. "Once again I'm sorry for your loss. I hope the service went well".

I nodded. "It was beautiful. Thanks".

I started to ask her if she'd like to join me when a guy waltzed over. Draping his arm around her waist he kissed her cheek. "There's my Alice. I wondered where you got off too".

" just checking the flowers out and ran into a customer of mine". She said.

The guy looked at me before extending his hand. "I'm Derrick, Alice's fiance" .

Those word's hit me like a punch in the gut. Recovering quickly I replied. "Cole Harper Butini".

Derrick squinted his eye's. "Harper, Butini.... Where have I heard those name's before? Oh, probably off some day time women's soaps" .

I have a tight chuckle. It was clear he didn't like my presence and was trying to make me look bad in front of Alice. "So Cole what is it you do? I'm a banker".

I smiled. "That's nice. Are you familiar with Harper Enterprises? Maybe VHE Enterprises or Valor Resorts?"

Yes, I have. " he said astonished but then grinned. "What do you do for them? Let me guess valet parking? Desk attendant?" He laughed .

I laughed along. "I wish my job was that easy. No, I'm co -owner. My grandparents were London and Laney Harper".

Needless to say that shut him up but only temporary. "So you was born into money, must be nice not to have to work for your keep".

Alice gasped. "Derrick that's unnecessary. I apologize Cole".

I saw him grip her arm snuggly. "No offense taken Alice". I smiled at her genuinely.

" now I should let you two get back to your group. It was a pleasure Derrick and I'll see you soon Alice. I may try that chocolate mint coffee my next visit".

She smiled. "You must. It's my favorite" .

I winked at her. "I know. You've mentioned it before when I couldn't make up my mind. You two enjoy your night."

I returned to my seat and was somewhat enraged to discover her engaged. Just my luck. Occasionally my eye's would seem her out and now she seemed worried. I watched Derick belittle her several time's in front of his friend's and handle her a tad too roughly. To keep myself from confronting him, I paid my tab and left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99 10 12
I clenched my jaw and kept back the urge to punch her right now. "You can't force me into this!!!" I yelled while standing up. "I can tho, i have all...
5.5M 138K 39
She - Innocent, shy, clumsy, naïve 19 year old beautiful girl who's trying to face the challenges life is throwing at her. With no parents besides he...
100 20 9
From a young age I was raised to be an assassin, for reasons that were unknown to me, at first. It was the night I watched my parents get murdered th...
95.4K 5.2K 82
Book #3 in The Fire series BLAKE RIVERA "You're the leader of a gang." Aiden yells. I look up at him. "You don't think I know that?" I yel...