Rosalie Coulson: Agent Of S.H...

By Poison_Ivy99

Sequel to Rosalie Coulson. During agents of shield. (©Poison_Ivy99) More

Rosalie Coulson: Agent Of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
|Authors Note|
|Authors Note 2|
| Authors Note 3 |
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chatpter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 29

1.6K 53 18
By Poison_Ivy99

RosalieP.O.V.

I sat on the roof of the apartment building. My feet dangling over the edge. My body covered in flames. Silas sat next to me, looking over at me every once and awhile. I could tell he was worried. My thoughts were everywhere.

Skye, I protected her.

I trusted her.

We all did.

But me the most.

How could she betray us?

"How could she?" I asked softly.

I felt hotter as my flames got bigger and Silas backed away a little.

'Calm down, Rosy. You don't want to blow the whole building up.'

"I'm not going too!" I snapped.

Silas jumped. I looked at him and sighed.

"I'm sorry Silas. I'm not going too, I got myself under control. I'm just..." I said.

I held out my hands in front of me, watching as the fire vanished from my legs, chest, until it was only my hands that were on fire. I took a deep breath as I made my hands into fist and the flames went away.

'I understand.'

I looked down once I heard a chair door shut. My dad and the team just got here getting some stuff out of the SHIELD truck and heading inside the apartment. There was no smile on any of their faces.

'You wanna go back inside?' Silas asks.

"Not yet. Just give me a sec." I say.

Silas wrapped himself around my wrist. I looked up at the sky and take a deep breath.

"Okay."

I slid off the roof and teleported back into the apartment. I ended up back in the living room. Ward was with Fitz-Simmons at Lydons computer. May was by the bed room door were Lydon was and Skye sat on the couch. My dad was in front of her. Looking through a file. I was behind him leaning against the wall. May stepped inside the room and closed the door.

"I know how this looks-"

My dad help up a finger towards Skye making her go quite. She looks at me before looking at the ground.

"How long have you two been in contact?" Dad asked after he finished looking at the file.

"I contacted him once the day I joined to tell him I was okay and once earlier today." Skye said.

"When you tipped off an active suspect?"

"No, it's not like that. Miles and I--we met when we were both a little screwed up. Scratch that--he was a little screwed up, I was a lot. But we looked after one another. That's why I warned him, not because we're working together on this, but because we're...friends."

I couldn't help but scoff. Skye looked back up and I turned my head away.

"I'm really sorry." Skye said towards me and my dad.

"Noted. If not you, then who is Mr. Lydon working with?" dad asked.

"No one. He's an idealist, believes in freedom of information."

"That information cost a man his freedom, and you sabotaged our attempts to remedy that."

"No, I came here to find out what Miles knows about Chan."

"And?"

"Nothing. Miles is a dead end. He's harmless."

"We'll see."

"Really, I was gonna find out everything I could to try to help. I just--I felt like I couldn't tell you guys everything."

At that comment I felt hurt. After all the things I told Skye, she still can't trust me to tell me about one guy?

"I know. That's why I asked Mat and Rose to follow you. Seems that wasn't a dead end." Dad says.

My dad leaves and starts searching threw some of Lydon's stuff before going into the bed room. I looked at Skye and even though she was quite I knew she wanted to say something. But she holds it back. Soon dad and May both come out of the bedroom, Lydon in handcuffs getting escorted out by May.

"Gather all evidence and secure the prisoners. We got what we were looking for here. We're going to Hong Kong." dad says.

Everyone starts to pack up and leave. Ward walks up to Skye, handcuffs in his hand.

"I'm so sorry Ward, this is not what it looks like." Skye says.

"Hands." Ward says.

Skye holds up her hands and Ward cuffs them.

"Now get up."

Skye stands up as Ward walks away. Jemma steps in front of her.

"Uh,you missed a button. Sorry." Jemma says before going.

Skye looks down at her shirt and sighs. I start making my way towards the door.

"Wait." Skye says.

I stop in my tracks. I turn around and look at Skye.

"Rose I-"

"How could you?! How could you Skye?! We trusted you--I trusted you! All the things we talked about, all those things I told you, personal things, things no ones else know--only people I trust enough. Did you go and tell to your boyfriend?"

"He's not-"

"Oh. I'm sorry. Your friend. Did you tell him Skye?"

"You know I would never do that. I would never do anything that would hurt you." She says reaching out for me.

I take a step back. I shake my head

"Actually, I don't. Not any more." I said.

"Sis-"

"Don't. Don't Skye!I treated you like family! And you go and do something like this! We. Are. Not. Sisters. And we damn well aren't friends!" I yell.

"Sis-Rosalie. Please. I'm sorry." Skye said on the verge of tears

Skye steps up to me but I teleport back onto the plane. I ended up in the living room. I pace around before kicking the closet thing next to me--a chair--and watch as it flys into the wall. I ran to my room and slide the door closed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was in the living room doing push ups on the floor. Skye and Miles were escorted into the interrogation room before we started to make our way to Hong Kong. I stayed clear of everyone.  Sillas was wrapped around my neck and was quiet. I was on my 58th push up when i heard foot steps come from behind me.

"I was wondering were you went." Ward said.

I got up from the floor and plopped down on the couch. 

"Well you found me." I said.

"Skye's been talking about you for a while. To Miles, to herself. Do you want to see her...talk to her?" he asks.

"No thanks. I'd rather scratch my eyes out." I say running my hands down my face.

Ward sat down beside me on the other side of the couch. I lean my head back.

"Look. I know you still care about Skye. No matter what you say, the bond you two had can't be broken. You guys were sisters." Ward said.

"She could have told him...about Loki, and everything I went through. And the fact that none of it is in the SHIELD data base, if it ended up on the internet I would know it was her." I say.

"But it isn't. May already checked on your fathers orders. It's not out in the world."

"Yet."

"Hey,"

Ward grabbed my hand. I sighed.

"Skye wouldn't do that. And you know that deep down in your gut." he says.

I looked at him. My eyes watery.

"You trust Skye more than anyone else on this plane. Now, everyone might not be ready to trust her again. And whatever happens after all this, she'll need you."

I start to cry and Ward squeezes my hand, rubbing my arm with his other one.

"Hey. Stop crying. You look ugly when you cry." Ward says

I pulled my hand away punched Ward in his chest.

"Shut up." I said.

"Any way. I came to say that your father wants you in his office."

I wipe my tears away and get up from the couch. I looked at Ward.

"Thanks best friend." I said

"I'm not your best friend." He said.

"Fine. Assbutt."

"Jerk."

"...Bitch."

I ran up the steps before Ward could get up. I made it inside my dads office. He sat in one of his chairs watching the live footage of Skye and Miles on his screen. I walked over and sat down next to him on the floor laying my head on his leg.

Minuets later May came in. She leaned against the door frame as she looked at us.

"Go ahead. Say it." Dad said.

"I don't do petty." May says..

"But you called it. I trusted my gut, even though you said she was a risk."

"When some one breaks into my house, I usually don't invite them to stay, but that's me."

"That was me, too. Then that alien staff went through my heart."

"Sure it didn't go through the brain?" 

"You don't do comforting, either, do you?"

May looks over at the screen.

"What's your gut telling you know?" May asks.

My dad looks hard at the screen.

"That she's hiding something." Dad says.

What else can Skye be hiding? The door opens and Jemma comes in with a smile on her face.

"Sir, We've found something." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me and Ward made it to the interrogation room and stood out side the door. Ward had an envelope in his hand.

"I don't wanna go in." I whine.

"Too bad. You don't have to say anything. I'll do the talking." Ward says.

I nod my head and Ward opens the door. Skye sits up in her seat as sees us come in. I close the door behind us.

"She's been defending you, saying your a stand-up guy. So I'm gonna give you a chance." Ward  to Miles says.

He hands the envelope towards Miles.

"Do you wanna tell her. Or should I?" 

"I don't have to listen to you--"

"There goes your chance." Wards says taking the envelope back in his hand. He takes out a few small sheets of paper and starts laying them out in front of Skye.

"Your boyfriend here made a few deposits in the days following the leak. All said it's about a million dollars." Ward says.

"What?" Skye asks looking at Miles.

"Really-stand up guy." 

"I can explain--" Miles starts.

"Did you sell information? Miles? Yes or no? Did you?!" Skye asked.

"Yes, but--"

"Ohh! You are so dead. What the hell were you thinking?!" 

"It was a million dollars. A million dollars. It would change my life--our lives. And that woman was harmless. I looked into it."

"No one with good intentions pays that kind of money for information. Did you ever think about that?"

"Who is this woman you referred to?" Ward asks.

"A fan of The Rising Tide, some rich girl in a flower dress. She knew all about me, said I had a gift. She thought people like us deserved more." Miles said.

"Oh, you deserve more." Skye says.

"She pointed me a Chinese SHIELD feed--wanted me to crack it." 

"You thought that was harmless?"

"I checked the data stream. It didn't seem like me an you hadn't already put out there,Skye. And I traced the account the money came from to make sure it wasn't some evil corporation. It was just an Eco-research lab. Otherwise, I would never--"

"Ecological research?" Ward asked.

"Yeah, insects, some study with centipedes." Miles said.

Centipede. Probably like the one on Mike's arm, the one those scientist put on him. Ward and Skye looked at each other then Ward looked at me.

"What's more harmless than that?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The whole team was called into the screening room. Me and Ward came in with my dad after we explained to him what Lydon told us.

"It appears Centipede is responsible for Mr. Chan's kidnapping." dad says.

"First L.A., now Hong Kong. What kind of organization are we dealing with?" Ward asks.

"International, well-financed, interested in creating a super soldier. Lets hope finding Mr. Chan will proved some answers." Dad says.

I touched the table as it lit up. A map of hong kong appears

"Using the account information Lydon gave us, SHIELD HQ believes that Chan is being held here." I said, a dot popping up on the screen showing the location.

"Any ideas what centipede wants with Chan?" May asks.

"Hard to say, but Simmons thinks that considering he's pyrokinetic..." Fitz says.

"There's a good chance his genetics could stabilize the extremis element of the centipede serum." Jemma says.

"Keep their test subjects from going..."

"Boom!" 

"If Mr. Chan is centipede's lab rat, we need to get there before the experiment's over." Dad says.

We all nod our heads and we go and start to get ready. I stop my dad and May on my way out.

"Chan's pyrokinetic. So he's cells make him fire proof. He cant hurt himself. It's like the same thing with me."

"But your more than pyrokinetic, Rosalie." May says.

"But I can control fire just like him. I'm fire proof, too." I said.

"You can also control who you burn. Even make some one else fire proof if your touching them." Dad says.

"So why didn't centipede try to take me instead of Chan?" I ask.

"I don't know. Lets just hope that when we get to Hong Kong they don't try to take you." Dad says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the plane landed in Hong Kong it was during the night and I was ready and suited up. Silas was sleeping upstairs in my bed as I went downstairs and saw Ward putting on a bullet proof vest. He looked up at me, handing me a gun.

"No thanks. I don't do guns." I say.

Ward shrugs and clocks the gun putting it in his holder. I hear footsteps come down the steps and see my dad. He stops in front of Ward.

"Agent May, Rosalie, and I will be handling the field work. You stay and oversee the prisoners." Dad says before walking away.

"Sir."

My dad stops and turns around. I watch the two of them.

"I was Skye's S.O. It was my responsibility--" 

"It was my call to bring Skye onto the plane, and you warned me against it. My problem--I fix it." Dad says before heading towards the SHIELD truck.

I gave Ward a pat on the shoulder before getting into the truck. May came and got into and we drive out of the plane .When we got to the building Agent Kwan and his men were already there outside. We got out of the car and me and my dad walked over to Kwan.

"Building has five floors. Their first four are research. Fifth is listed as maintenance but uses half the buildings energy." Dad says.

"Either their guarding the worlds largest vacuum--" Kwan says.

"Or that's where Chan's being held. Send in your 'b' and 'c' teams in through the tunnels to secure the lower floors. Warn them that centipede serum's is highly explosive." Dad says.

I walk over towards May. She grabs a grappling hook out of the back that's slung over her shoulder. She hands on to me. 

"Ever used one of these before?" She asked.

"Nope." I said.

 May shoots her hook and goes flying up. My dad comes over to me and he wraps his arms around me and I wrap one arm over him.

"Don't drop me." he says.

"Wouldn't dream of it." I say.

I shoot the hook and we go up. As we get to the top I help my dad up then pull myself up. Kwan comes up next and we all head inside the building. May takes something out of her bag and turns it on as it starts beeping with blue lights. We follow her and we ended up in front of a big door with a code lock.

"There. Heat signature confirmed." May says.

My dad pulls out a small black circled shaped explosive.

"I love these things." Dad says before sticking it on the door with a click.

We all back away turning our backs to the door as it beeps and then a pop sound comes from it. May kicks open the door and takes out the first guard and then the next one with ease. My dad and Agent Kwan run over to Chan who was strapped to a table like chair. He looked like he was in pain.

"Agent Kwan...it's you." I heard Chan say.

"We're here to get you out." Kwan says looking at my dad before unstrapping Chan.

My dad walks away just as an alarm goes off. Me and May look around as all the shut and lock themselves. A man wearing a fire proof suit comes out with a metal instrument in his hands raising it up. My dad knocks him out with one good punch.

"Damn.." I said covering my mouth.

"Strike team needs a security override,stat. Kwan can you arrange--" Dad says turning around.

I sniff the air as somethings burning and look at Kwan. He had a hole going through him, smoke coming up from his mouth before he dropped to the ground. Chan was behind him, a syringe in his arm before taking it out.

"Chan. What have you done?" Dad ask.

"I've set myself free." Chan says.

Chan's hands caught fire and he shoots it towards my dad. I'm there in an instant, my hands out as I block his fire with my own. When that's done we go and take cover behind these metal charts. Chan screams and I can see the burns on his arms. If he was fire proof before he isn't now.

"Mr. Chan, I know you're in pain." Dad yells.

"This is nothing. You were the ones killing me, forcing me to keep this gift locked up inside." Chan says.

May starts to talk to him and me and my dad listen as the two keep talking to each other. And by the tone in Chan's voice told me he wasn't going to surrender. My closes her eyes before looking at me and my dad. From the expression on her face I knew that Chan would cooperate.

"So we're good, right?" Dad ask May.

I shake my head. My dad grabs my arm and pulls us over towards May's chart as Chan shoots fire at the one we were at before.

"His files say anything about him being homicidal?" May asks.

"Just said he was kind of a tool." Dad said.

"Mr. Chan, believe it or not, this can still get worse." Dad yells looking over at Chan through the charts.

 "You bend someone long enough, and they break. Poor little Chan Ho Yin may have believed your lies, but not Scorch." Chan says.

"Who?" May asks us.

I tilted my head to the side as realization hit me. I look at my dad and we share the same expression.

"Oh,Crap. They gave him a name." Dad says.

He pulls out the Night-Night gun from his pocket.

"Guys. Get me a clean look. I'll make sure he wakes up in a SHIELD containment facility." Dad says.

"Waking is optional at this point." May says.

Me and May get up. May does a chart wheel and I do a back flip. Chan faces our way but than looks behind him at my dad. He puts his hand up as my dad starts firing, the flames on his back destroying the bullets. I go besides May.

"I'm out."Dad yells before taking cover.

"Nothing can stop me!" Chan yells.

I teleport over to my dad and he looks at me.

"We're not going to be able to get out if they don't open the damn doors!" I said.

Clicking sounds come from all around the room.

"Doors are unlocked." dad says.

We go back out to face Chan but he's not there.

"Where's Chan?" I asked.

"He's gone." May says.

"Damn it." dad says.

"Rosalie can you sniff him out?" May asks.

"Oh. So because I can change into a dog, I'm a damn blood hound? Yes. But I cant get his sent. Smells like burning bodies everywhere." I say my nose cringing as I sniffed the air.

My dad goes back to where we found Chan. There's small bottles filled with an orange substance on a metal table.

"That tranquilizer was his last chance. You know that." May says to my dad.

"I know. It's time to minimize the damage. Rose go find Ward and Skye." Dad says.

"Dad-"

"That's an order." he says.

I ran out the door as I make my way down the stairs. 4th floor, 3rd, 2nd, 1st. I get to the bottom and run out, only to get knocked down. I groan as I make impact withe the floor.

"Why?' I asks.

"Rosalie." Ward says helping me up. I see Skye behind him. I look at the both of them.

"Just the people I was looking for. We need to go." I say.

I see May and my dad running towards us and we al start running out. We make it to the door and run outside just in time to see the explosion come up from the vents in big bright flames. We continue to look up and I noticed I was standing next to Skye.

"Skye managed to extract some files from the buildings main frame.It's not much, but could get us a fix on centipede." Wards says.

I glance over at Skye before looking at my dad.

"Maybe." Dad said still looking up at the sky.

"You cant save someone from themselves, sir."

"You can if you get to them early enough." 

Dad looks at Skye before making his way to the car. I follow suit and soon we all get in and drive back to the plane.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we got back I didn't got to my room. I went into my dad's office as he was taking care of Miles and Skye. I grabbed the picture of mom from his desk and smiled. I tilted it a little and I saw my reflection from the glass. I touched it and a small purple spark came from my finger. And there it was again. Quite, cold, and dim lighted.

"I remember that picture."

My mom stood next to me looking at it with a bright smile on her face.

"It was taken the day before me and your father got married. He took it right in front of an old dinner in Brooklyn."

"You look really happy." I say placing the picture down.

"I know you've been having a rough time. With Skye. I know your father is beating himself up about it." she says

"He shouldn't."

"It was his call. You know that. He trust his gut a lot when it comes to certain things."

"Ward said it, May said it. I should have never been so trusting to someone who isn't apart of SHIELD." I said.

"I wasn't apart of SHIELD. Didn't even become an Agent. But your father trusted me. It could have been his gut or not. Your father sees something in everyone. And so do you."

I looked at my mom and two things popped into my head . 

"You lied to me. About there not being anymore of our kind. There is, and he's at SHIELD HQ with Hill and Fury. Become a Agent." I say.

"I wasn't sure if there was anymore. As years past I did believe that I was the only one left. I was wrong."

"That day I visited you, said I was here to long and that's why I felt sick. Something else happened. My powers stopped working, my eyes were brown. It was like I was human. Just human."

"It could be a side affect from you being here. And if that's the case you should go. And don't return for a while."

I grabbed the picture and looked at it again.

"But...what if i find the spell to bring you back?" I asked.

"Then you come back. I love you Rosalie."

I touched the picture again as a shock went through me. The lights in my dads office were bright again and I knew I was back. I put the picture frame down as the door opened and my dad came in.

"What are you doing?" he asked. 

"Just looking." I said.

My dad goes over toward the back of his desk and looks at the blue print he had framed of a missile. It was a peaceful silence we had. Just us in each others company. There's a knock on the door and Skye walks in. I look down at he floor.

"I'm just gonna go." I say.

"No. Your staying." Dad says with out turning around.

I nod my head as I sit on the edge of his desk. Skye sits down in one of the chairs. My dad stays standing. 

"I didn't want anything to--"

"Stop lying." dad says cutting off Skye.

I lift up my head and watch as he walks up in front of Skye. 

"Since the moment you stepped foot on this plane, you've been lying to my face. To all of us." 

"I haven't--"

"You're lying now. I stood up for you to my team down there. And some of us started to believe in you, risked our lives for you. My daughter almost beat a man to death because you were like her sister. "

Skye looked at me.

"It's true." I say folding my arms.

"I--" Skye starts.

"Why are you here?! You've been keeping something from us..this whole time. And it wasn't just a boyfriend. You have secret, Skye, and one chance to come out with it. That's now, or I'm done with you." dad says.

Skye eyes glistened with tears. She closes her eyes as she pulled something out from her bra. It was a little computer chip. She hands it to me.

"What is it?" I asks.

"It's everything I have." Skye says.

"On us?" dad asked.

"On me. That's why I learned to crack systems, why I joined The Rising Tide--to find any details I could about my parents." Skye says her voice cracking.

I hand the chip to my dad and he plugs it in. Filed start popping up on his screen. and the last one I notice is SHIELDs that says classified and was blocked.

"There's nothing. No records. There's no trace of them.My life long search has led to a single document--redacted." Skye says.

"By SHIELD." dad said.

Any anger I felt about Skye betraying us is dismissed into a small flame. But it was still there. 

"No matter what you do, I'll never stop looking." Skye said.

"You might not like what you find." 

"It cant be worse than what I've imagined."

My dad sighed. I get up from the desk and grab the small SHIELD box that's on it.

"Maybe I can help." dad says.

I hand the box to Skye and she looks up up me blinking her tears away before she takes it. My dad walks out of the office as Skye opens the box. Inside was a silver bracelet that Skye but on with a click and beep. I go to leave when Skye grabs my hand.

"Rose." she says.

I turn around, my hand squeezing hers before I pulled her into a tight embrace. Skye rest her head on my shoulder and takes a deep breath. 

"I'm sorry." she says.

"It's okay. And I'll help you too."

"Because your my friends."

"No. Because were sisters."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.5K 855 14
She quit her job to be with her sister, only to end up with another gun and another badge on her belt. Book 1 (No Intended Love Interest) (Agents of...
472 8 2
Skye decides to shake off Miles' appearance at her favorite club (Redemption) with a random guy from the bar and gets more than she bargained for. No...
105K 2.8K 30
[ B o o k 2 ] ❝ Promise me you will stand by me, not matter how hard the situation that we are in is. ❞ He said to me. ❝Always. ❞ I told him...
91.7K 3.7K 32
"Truths are only lions we try to cage with lies for fear they may eat us alive." In which the unseen avenger goes rouge and realizes her past is catc...