Mysterious Love - T.H. (disco...

By quackdaughterr

"I watched as he kissed his teeth and I knew he was about to decline the offer. "Not gonna do shit if you ask... More

Prologue
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
Author's Note

1.

2.6K 35 3
By quackdaughterr

I sat at my desk, eyeing the man that sat in front of me. Sweat was dripping from his forehead from fear. Every now and then, he'd wipe the sweat away with the back of his hand. He sat up straight, afraid to get too comfortable in my office for my liking. He was already knee-deep into quicksand, slowly allowing it dry around him, trapping him with no movements to perform. What other mess could someone possibly want to get themselves into with a hundred messes on their back already?

I cleared my throat, indicating that I was about to speak. "So tell me, where's the money, Mr. Colby?"

"I-I don't have it. I swear, I'll give it to you by Thursday, I promise." He spoke too quickly.

I pursed my lips, chuckling a bit, looking down at the table and back at him. "Funny you say that 'cause you've been telling yourself the same thing every week. A month has gone by. I want the money right now or tomorrow!" I slammed my hands against the table, frightening him by the sudden action.

He had nothing else to say, scared for his life about what I was about to request for him. I looked at my men as they stood up straight, waiting for instructions. I nodded my head at them, indicating that they were allowed to lock him up in the chamber while I get ready to deal with Andrew Colby.

They grabbed his arms and lifted him off of the chair. He had a pleading look on his face, knowing that he got himself into this after dealing with a mob, London's strongest mob. As Colby and my men left the room, I stood up and stretched a bit, tired of all the work. I sat back down after stretching out my arms and legs, instantly looking through information on my laptop.

Thankfully, I had the mob help me find files about Andrew Colby beforehand. I opened it up, only to be welcomed with his face at the top left corner of the page. He seemed to be at some Christmas party, having on a Christmas jumper on with reindeer and sleigh bells. The background was filled with the sight of nothing except people. He had a smile plastered to his face that he hadn't put on ever since he got here, understandably.

Basic information such as his name, birthday, hometown, age, height, and weight were included just under the photo. Beside all of that, on the right, was a paragraph, followed my another. I only read the highlighted parts which gave me enough information to know about him and his life. He has a son that doesn't know who his father is and has a drug history that consists of codeine and xanax.

I sighed and knew he had no good reason to not have enough money, other than abusing drugs. He hadn't even made contact with his son in his whole life so there's no reason why the money's nonexistent. I slammed the screen shut and made my way to the chamber on the first floor of my house. I opened the door to the room and saw him being accompanied by four of my men.

Without any single word, I rolled my sleeves up slowly and punched the man in his face several times. His feet and arms were tied up to the chair, being useless. I stepped back and looked at the guy, face bloodied, lip split open, nose bleeding.

"Think I'll show you some mercy. Would you like that?" I asked the older man who nodded his head in response.

I smirked, knowing that he was too innocent to know what I meant by 'showing him some mercy'. My men knew exactly what that meant and followed me out of the room.

"Untie me! You said you'd show me mercy!" He cried out, knowing I was about to leave him alone in this room with no windows. Just a twin sized bed in the corner, a toilet, a basin, and a chair. Maybe too luxurious for him but it'll do.

I turned back to him as I was right in front of the door. "Fine. Untie him." I ordered my men who were quick to follow.

He rubbed his wrists that had red patterns dented into his skin. "Now can I get something to eat?" He demanded.

"I said I'd show you mercy. This is all you're gonna get until further notice." I turned back to leave, making sure that he was alone in the room.

I locked the metal door shut and heard him scream something that only sounded like a faint whisper from this side of the door. "How long you gonna keep him?" Donnie asked.

Donnie's been in the mob since my parents were leading it. He's been faithful and there's not a single doubt I'd have in him. He's been loyal through thick and thin, even if he knew that we were in the wrong, which, was rarely.

"Couple days, maybe a week. Depends on my mood." I responded simply.

I went up to the my office, knowing that I had more work to do. Running a mafia at the age of 21 wasn't the ideal thing to do at that age but that's where I am. Running it alone, let along being a female, is tough work. Mum and dad left behind a few bars and clubs that are now my responsibility. Though those properties bring me a fortune, I can't count how many times a guy has thrown himself onto me, drunk and not realizing who I was.

Being a female in the business has never been an easy thing. The doubts of all the people I have to deal with gets on my nerves, but the feeling of being in power when I do what I'm good at fuels my ego. The fear that rushes into people as soon as they know that they're powerless is what I crave. I can't live without it.

My younger brother, George, always doubted me. He was a mere 14 months younger than me and was always jealous, knowing I'd be the one to take over the mob once dad retired. It's a little too late for him to argue with dad about me being the mob boss since they're all dead, thanks to the, now deceased, Scott Brady.

I felt a little tired after going through the work and decided to change back into my sweats. I then decided to grab a snack from the kitchen. I opened up the cupboards to get myself a bag of chips and grabbed some Doritos.

"You gonna eat that in front of Colby or are you saving that for another day?" Donnie spoke.

I opened the bag and grabbed some chips. "I'll give him one thing to eat today. Tomorrow, he starves. The day after, he watches me eat and drink. After that, he only gets water." I explained my plan to him before munching on some chips.

"Really plannin' ahead of time."

"As always." I plopped down on the sofa and turned the TV on.

He left the room and allowed me to watch TV by myself. Donnie went back downstairs to where his room was while I kept sitting in the living room. I channel surfed whilst munching on the chips until the small snack sized bag was finished. As if someone was watching me, I got a text just after finishing the bag.

"You better check in on the bar at Kingston."

I furrowed my eyebrows at the text and rolled my eyes. What could possibly be going on that James couldn't handle? I just changed into my sweats and now I have to get all dolled up again? Too much work if you ask me. Don't you hate when you do that? A mob boss like me sure does.

I disposed of the empty bag and turned the TV off. I washed my hands and went upstairs to go to my room. I opened up my wardrobe and pulled out a royal blue skin tight dress that went just below my knee. I wore some black high heeled boots and decided to settle with my hair worn down and parted. I fixed up some of my makeup and decided that I looked presentable.

I sent Donnie a text telling him to send a few men with me since I was going out to the bar. He instantly replied, knowing that I never texted him unless it was an emergency or a situation such as this. I can never go outside all alone but I don't complain. I may be powerful but who's gonna watch my back?

I got into my Maserati with a few guards and Donnie, who, was also my driver at times. Daniel, my actual driver, is on a well deserved vacation. In fact, I insisted that he take it and I even paid for his flight and hotel to persuade him even more. He barely calls in for sick days or days off, which I respect, but everyone needs to have a break, even if I never get one.

As we pulled up to the bar, I did not expect a huge crowd of people attempting to enter. The employees were trying their best to shun them away but it wasn't working. Donnie parked the car and the guards followed me outside of the car. My boots clicked against the pavement, catching some people's attention until it caught everyone's. I could see the fear in their eyes. They all knew my name and what I was capable of. They knew that I owned the place, literally, and quickly rushed away.

I saw some of the employees sighing, relieved that the crowd left. I walked into the bar which was empty, considering it's only daytime. The employees had a good reason for not allowing the crowd in, even if it would have profited us immensely.

I walked up to a bartender who was cleaning a glass. "What was that crowd about?" I asked her.

She looked up to me and answered. "A bunch of underaged teens. Some were adults but too threatening to come inside."

"Threatening?" I sat down on a bar stool.

"Well, ask him." She pointed to a man wearing a grey shirt and black jeans.

"Thank you. Can I have a beer by the way?"

She took the glass that she was cleaning, filled it with beer, then handed it over to me. "Let me know if you want anything else." She smiled at me and I smiled back.

I walked over to the man she had told me to talk to and sat beside him in the booth. "It's taken." He was too occupied with his phone, not even looking up at me to see who it was.

"I don't care about who's gonna be sitting here. I own the place anyway." I rolled my eyes.

He finally glanced up from his phone and turned it off quickly. "Do you? You Lia Sharpe?"

"Yeah," I replied, "and I got a question for you."

"Go on." The dirty blonde haired man said.

I cleared my throat. "Heard you know why that crowd was here, am I right?" He nodded his head, actually gazing up at me while drinking his own beer. "Now tell me, why was that crowd here?"

"My friend is kinda famous." He didn't need a second to think of his response but I was perplexed by his words.

I furrowed my brows. "Famous, you say. What's his name?"

"Tom." My eyebrows stayed furrowed, knowing too many Toms who were famous. Tom Hardy, Tom Brady, Tom Hiddleston, Tom Cruise, which one could it be? "Holland." He finished, knowing that saying his friend's first name wouldn't do him any justice.

"Right, when's he getting back here? Need a little chat."

"Speak of the devil." He eyed a brunette man who had a white shirt, layered with a camouflage bomber jacket.

I stayed stubborn and didn't budge from beside the dirty blonde haired and ocean blue eyed man. The brunette slipped into the opposite booth, facing the both of us. He reached out for his drink that he had left behind which happened to be right in front of me. I sipped on my beer as he got himself ready to finally speak to me. He didn't seem to notice who I was until he had himself settled, finally looking up at my face. I shot back a friendly smile and his eyes instantly popped out of his head. I couldn't help but laugh to myself.

"This is your famous friend— what'd you say your name was?"

"Harrison but you can call me Haz."

"As I was saying, Harrison," he slightly rolled his eyes when I didn't use his preferred name, "is this your little mate?" He answered with a yes and I turned my head to have a look at this Tom Holland dude.

"H-hi..." The brunette started.

I drank more of my beer. "You bring in that crowd?"

He swallowed the lump in his throat. "Yes, yes I did. I'm sorry."

"Are you?"

"W-what do you mean?" Holland asked.

I giggled at his voice that was becoming shaky. "I mean, you should have come here with guards or something. Not relying on my employees to handle it and making me come down here. I got better things to do."

"My bad."

"Whatever. Enjoy your drinks and don't cause anything ever again. You know who I am, right?" I walked out of the almost empty bar with my guards who were sat at another table, not listening in on the conversation.

ⓐⓤⓣⓗⓞⓡ'ⓢ ⓝⓞⓣⓔ

First actual edited and improved chapter yEEET the whole plot is different and it isn't awkward and weirdly written. Ksjshshs hope you like it and let me know what you think

I'm most likely gonna upload slowly for this book so be patient

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 3.8K 21
Y/n Y/l/n has been preparing her whole life to take over for her father, what she wasn't prepared for was falling in love with the rival mobster Tom...
84K 3.1K 69
You don't get to choose who you fall in love with in life, which begs the question of whether people can pretend to be in true love. And falling in l...
173K 4.5K 12
Mob!AU "When I call, you'll answer." "And if I don't?" "I don't call twice." Andi doesn't know what she's good at, which is why she took to being...
163K 4.5K 45
*First Book of the Method Trilogy* Tom knows organised Crime rings are the true leaders of this country, not the British government. But when he and...