Virulence; Xu Minghao. ✔

By cheekyidols

"These bruises on my neck are not human. He's not human" highest ranking: #1 in minghaoxreader; march 18th, 2... More

character list.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.

one.

18.6K 462 265
By cheekyidols

___

Being the child of two well known CEOs meant moving frequently, something Mei didn't mind all that much. She didn't make many friends on purpose, but for the sole reason that she'd have to leave. However, the next move was to Seoul, and Mei was hopeful as she had always wanted to live there.

She rubbed her eyes sleepily as her alarm went off, and she begrudgingly went off to shower. Once she was completely ready, she went downstairs and found their family chef cooking breakfast.

"Good morning, Chef Eunho," she said sweetly. "Do you know where my parents are by chance."

He smiled back at the girl. "They had important meetings to attend this morning."

"Oh, alright then."

She sat at the island, disappointed as Eunho handed her the plate of well made food. "What would you do without me, Mei?"

"Probably starve," she chuckled. "Thank you."

He nodded and disappeared upstairs, so Mei ate until the plate was almost empty, then headed out.

The drive wasn't too terrible, and Mei was at the school in about fifteen minutes. She got out of her car and gawked at the size of the school, hoping that there was at least one person in the large building she would get along with.

"Liu Mei?" A man asked as she walked into the office.

She smiled politely at him. "Yes, sir."

"One of our staff members will be here in a moment," he handed her the schedule. "He'll show you around."

Said staff member then walked out of an office and motioned for her to follow him. As she followed him out, a boy walked in and she made eye contact with him for a split second, before he looked away.

The kind staff member showed Mei where everything she needed would be, and she thanked him gratefully. First bell rang snd she bowed her head at him, but all she saw was the way he eyed her. She scowled and walked into her first period, taking a seat near the back.

The teacher smiled at her from across the room, and she returned the gesture as the boy from the office walked in. He smiled to himself and took a seat next to her, not speaking, but making brief eye contact every now and then.

He glanced at Mei every now and then, and after class, he walked out with her. "My name's Hyunggu, but you can call me Kino."

The girl chuckled at the grin on his face. "It's nice to meet you, Kino. I'm Mei."

"Well, Mei," the two began walking again. "I was wondering if you would like to have a friend."

She hummed. "I don't know, what do you have to offer?" His face dropped and she laughed at his expression. "I'm totally kidding. I would love to be friends."

A smile broke out onto his face and he swung his shoulders as he walked, reminding you of a cute child. "I'll see you at lunch?"

Mei nodded. "For sure."

Mei was at her locker to put a few items up, and she didn't realize there was someone standing next to her until she closed her locker. "Kino, you scared me."

"My bad," he chuckled. "But let's go to lunch, I'm hungry."

He pulled Mei all the way to the cafeteria, and when the two walked in, all eyes were on the new girl. "Kino, why are they staring at us like that?"

"Let's just say I've gotten a lot of love letters in my locker." He smiled sheepishly.

Mei pursed her lips and nudged the boys shoulder. "I'm friends with a lover boy. This could get interesting."

He shook his head at her comment, already surprisingly comfortable with her. She made it easy to be relaxed, and that was something he didn't find in a lot of people.

"You're sitting with Kino?"

Mei looked up at the girl who had appeared at the end of the lunch table the two sat at, then at Kino, back to the girl. "It looks like it."

She raised an eyebrow. "Do you have a problem?"

"I don't," Mei shrugged. "I'm sorry if you do."

The apologetic tone in Mei's voice made the girl lift her hand and attempt to bring it down, but she caught the seemingly obsessed girls wrist. She grumbled something under her breath as Mei let go of her, then she walked away with an attitude.

"Sorry about that," Kino mumbled apologetically. "I don't know why everyone's like that these days."

"It's not your fault that you've made every female in this room fall in love," Mei said, half-jokingly.

"Every girl?" He grinned.

She smiled sarcastically. "Scratch that, not every girl."

"I'm kidding anyway," he laughed cutely. "How'd you catch her wrist like that?"

"Self defense."

He raised an eyebrow. "For?"

"Apparently stuff like that," she nodded in the unknown girls direction. "Comes in handy."

"So, you could like, take me down in one go?"

"If you give me a reason to, maybe," he gasped dramatically, which made the girl laugh. "I'm kidding, I would never hurt you."

"Good, because frankly, I don't wanna have a throw down with you," he shook his head. "You're a bit intimidating."

The last class of the day finally came around, which Mei was excited for, because it was her dance period. She walked in and spotted Kino, so she sat next to him and looked over as he spoke.

"I didn't know you danced."

"I could say the same for you." She replied, just as the teacher walked in.

"Class, now that it seems every-" she got cut off by the door swinging open, a boy and girl walking in. "One is here, except for Minghao and Jaehwa."

"Sorry we're late, Mrs. Su." The boy, Minghao, apologized, but not very genuinely.

"Just, sit down," Mrs. Su sighed. "Please welcome our new student, Liu Mei."

Mei bowed her head and smiled as Mrs. Su looked down at her with sparkling eyes. "Your previous school emailed me and said you were the lead dancer of your dance group?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Do you want to show us one of your dances?" She asked.

Mei wasn't expecting the sudden attention, but she wasn't against it. "I would love to."

She grabbed her phone and went over to the speaker, hooking it up and choosing the song to a routine she had learned before she moved.

When Minghao realized that the new girl had put on 'x' by Chris Brown, he was hysterical. There was no way she was going to pull off that dance, but then she started, and he was honestly shocked. He noticed that Mei had good rhythm and how she hit all the beats, and how her movements were smooth and precise.

When she was done, he clapped, because he thought the girl was actually good, but Jaehwa wasn't having it.

"Don't clap for her." She ordered.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Why? She's good."

"I know her," Jaehwa rolled her eyes. "She was always so stuck up."

Minghao stopped clapping and sat back, naturally taking Jaehwa's side.

"Mei, that was wonderful!" Mrs. Su praised. "We're glad to have you on the team."

The girl smiled, laughing nervously. "Thank you."

When Mei sat back down, Kino leaned in so he could whisper, "Did you know Jaehwa before today?"

"The girl that came in late?" She asked, Kino nodding in response. "No, why?"

He tilted his head. "She told Minghao that you knew each other and that you were stuck up."

"I didn't even know her name until today."

___

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 8.5K 30
"So, how far can you spread your legs?" "Excuse me?" 👆Kook 👇Tae #𝟸 𝚒𝚗 𝚋𝚝𝚝𝚖𝚝𝚊e - 3/17/2020 #𝟽 𝚒𝚗 𝚍𝚘𝚖𝚔𝚘𝚘𝚔- 1/29/2021 #2 in ggukv...
40.9K 1.7K 17
Seventeen | Soulmate Au Growing up believing your soul mark is a disease and will lead to your death is what caused you to never really go outside, e...
557K 32.9K 105
-vampire au- "Jisung please stop." "If you want me to stop so badly then do us both a favor and just kill me." -TRIGGER WARNINGS- - blood -self harm...
95.4K 1.6K 34
"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭?" Highest tags: #21 in not completed and #1 in Chloe Schnapp #3 in noah Schnap...