The Lost Fiend (RWBY x Male R...

Per Panilith

Born into a strange world to him, (Y/n) sets out to find his place in a world that seeks to destroy him. He i... Més

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Blooming Rose
Chapter 2: Welcome to Beacon
Chapter 3: The First Step or First Crash
Chapter 4: Hidden Secrets of the Emerald Forest
Chapter 5: New Players and Old Pieces
Chapter 6: The Burden of The Badge of Responsibility
Chapter 7: Dealing with Jaunedice
Chapter 8: The Rebirth at Forever Fall
Chapter 9: The Reunion with The Stray Cat
Chapter 10: Nothing is Black and White Only Grey
Chapter 11: A Duo
Chapter 12: Their Best Day Ever
Chapter 13: The Unwelcome Visit To Beacon
Chapter 14: The Minor Hiccup When Painting The Town
Chapter 15: The Decline
Chapter 16: A Dance Full of Burning Passion
Chapter 17: A Dance of Love
Chapter 19: The Unbroken Cycle
Chapter 20: Love And Divide
Chapter 21: The Broken Soul
Chapter 22: More Secrets Within Shadows
Chapter 23: The Cycle Finally Ends
Chapter 24: The Rose of Our Garden
Chapter 25: Cat Reunion Plus Monkey
Chapter 26: An Old Promise
Chapter 27: Home
Chapter 28: Atalanta
Chapter 29: A Story Ends
Chapter 30: The Reunion
Chapter 31: The Original Returns
Chapter 32: Once Upon A Time
Chapter 33: Moving Forward
Chapter 34: Closure
Chapter 35: Welcome to Atlas
Chapter 36: Trust
Chapter 37: Correcting Decisions
Chapter 38: Friend or Foe
Chapter 39: A Grimm Situation
Chapter 40: The Key Part I
Chapter 41: The Key Part II

Chapter 18: Countdown

6.6K 145 78
Per Panilith

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

[.....] = Texting/Writing

(Y/n) P.O.V

The rest of the night, I spent taking care of Weiss. Since Cara and I didn't need sleep, we took the liberty to clean up the mess that Weiss and I made. It took awhile to clean all of it up because Weiss and I didn't had sex on the bed the entire time, we moved around a lot. Once I finished cleaning, I went ahead and began getting Weiss's clothes ready for her before waking her up since I noticed the sun rising outside the window. I looked at the time to see that it was around six o'clock. That seemed liked the best time to wake her up so we could head back to Beacon and get ready for the day. I put on my clothes before making my way to the bed where Weiss was sleeping peacefully.

I nudged her several times before she let out a cute moan as she slowly sat up. She rubbed her eyes several times before she turned her head to me tiredly.

Weiss: "(Y/n)? What are you doing in my room?" she asked as she let out a yawn.

Me: "You mean our room, we're still in the hotel room." I chuckled as I sat down next to her on the edge of the bed.

Weiss: "Hotel?" she asked confused.

She looked around the room a bit before the look of revelation appeared on her face as it slowly turned red as she looked me in the eye.

Weiss: "Y-You mean that I-we! Did we actually? It wasn't a dream?" she asked.

I didn't answer her as I gently cupped her face with one of my hands and pulled our heads close to each other until our lips were locked with one another. This caught her off at first only for her to slowly sink into our kiss. When I pulled away, she placed one of her hands over mine that was still holding her face. She smiled at me.

Weiss: "It wasn't a dream..." she said happily before hugging me.

I only smiled and began hugging her back. We stayed like this for a few minutes before she pulled away so she could get dress. Once she finished changing, we left the hotel and made our way back to Beacon. Weiss was more clingy and happier than usual as she clung onto my arm tighter than usual with a beautiful smile on her face. I didn't mind this at all.

It didn't take long for us to arrive at Beacon, it was only seven o'clock since we stopped to get breakfast in Vale. I began escorting Weiss to her room as I received a message from Professor Ozpin.

Professor Ozpin: [Escort Miss Rose to my office as soon as possible.] he messaged me.

I was confused to why Professor Ozpin wanted to see Ruby so early in the morning. I asked Weiss if she thought that Ruby got in trouble last night after we left. She thought about it before sighing.

Weiss: "Knowing that dolt... there is a possibility." she said honestly.

After a few more minutes, we arrived to their dorm room and Weiss opened the door. We went inside to see Ruby and Yang still asleep with Blake on her bed reading a book, she was already dressed for today. She looked at us curiously before opening her mouth.

Blake: "Where were you two last night?" she asked.

Weiss seemed to mentally panic for a second before recomposing herself.

Weiss: "We... went out on a date last night and lost track of time. Seeing that the bullheads weren't transporting anyone so late at night, we stayed at a nearby hotel." she said technically telling the truth.

Blake looked at us one more time before smelling the air. She looked at Weiss for a moment before smiling and going back to reading her book. Weiss let out a small sigh of relief before letting go of my arm so I could wake up Ruby. I walked over to their bunk and climbed up to Ruby's bunk to see her sleeping peacefully in her pajamas.

Me: "Ruby? Time to wake up." I said to her as I gently nudged her.

Ruby: "Five more minutes..." she said lazily.

Me: "Fine, then I'll eat all these cookies myself." I said as I began to climb.

That was when I suddenly felt something wrap around my waist. I smiled and looked down to my side to see Ruby looking up at me with puppy dog eyes.

Ruby: "W-Wait! I'm awake! I'm awake! Just don't eat all of them please... huh?" she said confused as she looked at me.

Ruby: "(Y/n)? Why are you here and where's the cookies?" she asked confused.

I chuckled as I quickly picked up Ruby like a princess as she told me to let her go even though she didn't resist at all. I took both of us down from the bunk before gently placing her down to the ground much to her disappointment.

Me: "I'll get you cookies later ok? But first, Professor Ozpin messaged me to get you. It looks like he wanted to talk to you about something. What did you do?" I asked.

Ruby seemed to become nervous when I told her that Professor Ozpin wanted to talk to her. She used her semblance to go get her clothing before flying into the bathroom to change. It didn't take long for her to come back out and grab my hand.

Ruby: "WE'RELEAVINGNOWI'LLEXPLAINLATEROKBYE!" she yelled to her team.

In that moment, she used her semblance again and quickly took us away from her room as Weiss yelled out to her. Ruby took us to the main building before she stopped.

Me: "So what did you do?" I asked curiously.

Cara: "Come on, it was a dance, what could she have done." she pointed out.

Ruby: "I... may have fight with someone who broke into Beacon and failed to stop them." she nervously.

I looked at her for a moment before chuckling.

Me: "You really have a bad habit of getting into trouble don't you." I said taking her hand into mine.

She smiled to that fact that I wasn't angry at her. So we began walking to the elevator and getting in. Ruby went over to the panel where the elevator buttons were at only to trip and fall towards them. I went over to her to see if she was alright, which she was, but she may have hit the all the buttons. We stood there in silence as we both knew that this would be a long ride. I notice that Ruby was fidgeting a bit so I asked what was the matter.

Ruby: "I just wanted to see if you knew..." she mumbled to me.

Me: "Wanted to what?" I asked.

Ruby: "Kiss? We have a while until we get to Professor Ozpin office." she said nervously.

(Small timeskip brought to you by Maka and Penny talking about (Y/n) as they decorated the dorm room)

After a few minutes, we arrived to the top floor. Ruby pulled away from with a wide smiled on her face. We walked out of the elevator and to the door in front of us. Ruby rung the doorbell.

Professor Ozpin: "Come in." he told us.

We began walking in to see a annoyed Ironman and Miss Goodwitch. Ruby seemed to notice this too and probably thought that they were annoyed with us, which might be the reasoning since it did take a long while for us to reach the top.

Ruby: "Ah! Sorry it took so long. Someone accidently hit all the buttons on the elevator on the way up here... It wasn't me." she said nervously as she hid behind me a bit.

We slowly made our way in front of the three and Ruby walked out from behind me so she would be standing beside me.

Professor Ozpin: "Thank you for escorting Miss Rose here (Y/n) and thank you Ruby, how are you feeling?" he asked her.

Ruby: "Okay, I guess. I'd feel better if my bad-guy catching record wasn't zero for three ahaha..... Okay so that's the tone we're going for got it." she said more nervously.

General Ironwood: "Ruby, I feel it's appropriate to let you know that I think what you did last night is exactly what being a huntress is all about. You recognized a threat, you took action, and you did the very best you could." he said as he walked over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

Ruby: "Thank you sir." she thanked him less nervous now.

Professor Ozpin: "Now, the general here has already informed us of the events that, transpired last night. But now that you've rested we were wondering if you had anything to add." he asked Ruby.

Professor Goodwitch: "Was anyone else with her? Did she look familiar to you at all?" she asked as well.

Ruby: "I... I don't know. She was wearing a mask. And she never said anything to me, but I know she fought with glass. I don't think that was her semblance though. Her clothing lit up whenever she attacked." she told everyone.

Professor Goodwitch: "Save for the glass, that sounds like the woman (Y/n) and I fought the night we met Ruby." she pointed out.

Me: 'Oh, it appears that Cinder is making her moves here finally.' I said to Cara.

Cara: "Well the dance was a perfect opportunity to do whatever she was planning since everyone was at the dance." she said to me.

General Ironwood: "Embedding dust into clothing is an age-old technique. It could have been anyone." he pointed out.

Ruby: "Wait, you think this girl is connected to Torchwick and the White Fang?" she asked.

Everyone looked over to Professor Ozpin for a moment as he looked at me for a second. Our eyes locked onto each other as I slightly nodded my head. He looked back to Ruby before opening his mouth.

Professor Ozpin: "It's possible. But we still lack the required evidence to link the two together." he told Ruby.

Ruby: "Actually I-I think I remember her saying something about a hideout or something in the Southeast. Just outside the kingdom." she informed them.

Professor Ozpin: "Interesting." he said smiling.

Professor Goodwitch: "I thought you said the intruder never-" she tried say but was cut off by Professor Ozpin.

Professor Ozpin: "Thank you for your cooperation Ruby. Why don't you go and spend time with your team? You have a big day ahead of you." he told her.

Ruby: "Anytime." she said wanting to leave quickly.

Professor Ozpin: "And Miss Rose, please try and be, discreet about this matter." he told her.

Ruby: "... Yes sir." she said before leaving the room and into the elevator.

General Ironwood: "Well there we have it. We send as many troops as we can to the Southeast. Find out exactly what's going on and eradicate any forces that stand in our way." he said as he walked behind Professor Ozpin's desk and to the window.

Professor Goodwitch: "Why must your answer to everything involve a triumphant display of military bravado? You treat every situation like it's a contest of measuring d-" she tried yelling at him, but Professor Ozpin stopped her.

Professor Ozpin: "Glynda!" he called out her name.

Professor Goodwitch: "Well he does." she pointed out.

Professor Ozpin: "She's right. As much as I too would love to end this situation once and for all. We must remember that this may go beyond Vale, beyond Beacon. And if this truly is part of some master plan for which we know not the final move, we must not be so bold. Nor can we risk the spread of panic." he stated to General Ironwood.

General Ironwood: "I have served you faithfully for years. But id you mean to tell me that your plan is to really hold the defenses and wait-" he began yelling at Professor Ozpin but was cut off when he stood up.

Professor Ozpin: "It is not! You're a general, James. So tell me, when you prepare to go to war, which do you sent in first? The flag-bearer or the scouts? Or in this case, the spy." he said looking back to me.

General Ironwood: "You want to sent that monster?!" he complicated me.

Me: "Oh shut up Ironman, I been doing this for awhile and you know it. Being an assassin comes in handy for sneaking around and gathering intel from time to time. I got you that hard drive remember? Speaking of which, did you get the data from it?" I asked curiously.

General Ironwood: "Not yet. But we're close and once we have it, we'll see what secrets it holds." he told Professor Ozpin.

Professor Ozpin: "Good. Now, (Y/n), I want you and your team to go Southeast and gather as much information as possible. We need to know what they plan on doing." he told me.

I nodded my head and was about to leave until I stopped to look back at them.

Me: "Professors, General, I would like to point out that there could be a possibility that there may be traitor among the students or staff or anyone related with any of the academies." I said.

General Ironwood: "What nonsense are you saying now! A traitor?" he asked.

Me: "Well think about it. I was able to join their ranks, so the same is possible with the enemy. For example, how did they get the new machine from Atlas, how were they able to so easily infiltrate Beacon and get away. There are too many unknowns, a traitor could be a possibility. It could be a student from one of the academies, it could be a staff member or anyone you wouldn't suspect, it could even be one of you or me. We don't know. We should tread carefully." I pointed out.

Professor Ozpin looked at me before nodding. With that I made my way out and left. I began making my way to the auditorium where everyone would be gathering soon. Once I entered the elevator, Cara spoke up.

Cara: "Do you really think there could be a traitor?" she asked.

Me: 'Well technically, we could be classified as a traitor since we help both sides to some extent. But there is a possibility, I'm not saying there is, but you never know.' I replied.

After that, I made my way to the auditorium to see Cinder, Emerald, and Mercury talking with Penny and Maka. This annoyed me that they could try to get close to my team and I made my way over to them. Cinder seemed to notice me and waved.

Cinder: "Well look who arrived. Hello (Y/n)." she greeted.

Me: "Cinder. Mercury. Emerald. How goes it?" I asked.

Mercury: "You know, talking, being nice to your team." he stated.

I looked over to Maka for confirmation and she hesitated at first until she nodded. These made me relax a bit. But soon Cinder and her minions left to go back to where the Haven students were gathered.

Me: "So when did you two start talking with them?" I asked curiously.

Penny: "I started not too long ago! When I arrived here, I spotted Maka talking with them and decided to come join them. They seem like nice people." she said happily.

Me: "You know them Maka?" I questioned.

Maka: "Kind of. I meet them and saw them at Haven a few times, but rarely talked to them." she said to me.

Maka didn't seemed to be lying in the slightest. I began explaining to them that we would be going on a mission to the Southeast as ordered from Professor Ozpin. Once I finished explaining, Professor Goodwitch and Professor Ozpin walked onto the stage.

Professor Goodwitch: "Quiet. Quiet please. Professor Ozpin would like to share a few words before we begin." she told us before walking off stage.

Professor Ozpin: "Today we stand together, united. Mistral. Atlas. Vacuo. Vale. The four kingdoms of Remnant. On this day nearly eighty years ago, the largest war in recorded history came to an end. It was a war of revenge, of ignorance, of greed, and of oppression. A war that was about much more than where borders fell or who traded with whom. But about the very idea of individualism itself. We fought for countless reasons, one of which being the destruction of all forms of art and self expression. And as you all are well aware that was something many could not stand for." he informed the room.

Professor Ozpin: "As a result, those who opposed this tyranny began naming their children after one of the core aspects of art itself. Color. It was their way to demonstrate that not only would they refuse to tolerate this oppression, but neither would the generations to come. And it was a trend that is held to this very day. We encourage individuality, expressionism, and unity. Through diversity. As I have said, today we stand together, united. But this bond cannot exist without effort. Which is why today while the rest of the world celebrates peace. Huntsmen and huntresses will work to uphold it." he said.

Professor Ozpin: "As first years students, you will be tasked with shadowing a professional huntsman or huntress on a mission. Some of you may be taken out of the kingdom for several days. Others may work within the walls for the rest of the week. But no matter which path you choose, remember to be safe, remember your training, and remember to do your very best." he told us before walking off-stage.

With that being done, I guided my team to the Search and Destroy missions before anyone else could. The mission was in Quadrant Five, Mountain Glenn, the exact location of the new hideout. I told Maka that was the one and she entered our name team name. We were accepted. Being on Professor Ozpin's good side sure does come in handy when it came to missions not meant for us.

As we were about to leave, I heard a few familiar voices behind us. We all turned around to see Team RWBY coming up to us.

Ruby: "Hey guys! You planning on doing Search and Destroy?" she asked.

Penny: "That is our mission." she told them.

With that being said, they began discussing the mission and that it was in the Southeast. But when they tried to enter their team name, they weren't allowed since they were first year students.

Yang: "What?! How come your team got accepted?" she asked me.

Me: "Well since I was already considered a huntsman after living here for a few years and doing missions for Professor Ozpin. So something like killing Grimm should be child's play compared to what I usual do." I told her.

Cara: "You mean killing people, torturing people, or getting information from either of the first two." she asked.

Me: 'Not everything I do is bad. Most of the time, yes, but not all the time.' I defended myself.

Weiss: "Wonderful. We're out of luck." she said.

Blake: "Any other ideas?" she asked.

Ruby: "We mail ourselves there." she told her team.

Professor Ozpin: "Well that's one option. Unfortunately, we determined that the concentration of Grimm was too extreme for the first year students, except for Team M(F/l)CP. It seems that particular region is rather popular. In fact I have the sneaking suspicion that the four of you will make your way there no matter which job you choose." he stated as Weiss, Blake, and Yang looked at Ruby with anger in their eyes.

Ruby: "Whatever makes you say that?" she asked.

Professor Ozpin: "I'm still curious as to how you all found yourselves at the docks last semester. I'm interested to know how you really learned about a "hideout" in the Southeast. And I certainly wonder why witnesses reported seeing a giant robot on a highway and rose petals in a dance club sometime ago." he began messing with them.

Ruby: "Uhhhmm... Uh-well." she wanted to explain, but couldn't think of anything.

Professor Ozpin: "I doubt I'll ever find the exact answers I'm looking for. So how about this. Instead of you four to break the rules, why don't we just bend them?" he said as the mission accepted them.

Ruby: "We won't let you down. Thank you professor." she told him.

Professor Ozpin: "Do not thank me for this. Teamwork and persistence have carried you far, but you must understand, the things that await you beyond the protection of the kingdom will not care. Stay close to your huntsman at all times. And do exactly as he or (Y/n) says. He will be leading your team on this mission. And he can have you sent back to Beacon, if he finds your skills to be unsatisfactory. (Y/n), remember what your mission is. Your huntsman already knows, so your team is free to act as you please." he said before walking away.

With that being said, our teams made our way to the landing pad. There was a sense of dread coming from team RWBY.

Yang: "That wasn't exactly uplifting." she said to all of us.

Blake: "But it's the truth." she pointed out.

Ruby: "It's gonna be tough, but I know we can do it." she told her team.

That was when a student ran in front of us and pointing towards a direction as he yelled out that team CFVY finally came back. The moment I heard that, I began running towards the direction he pointed. I spotted Velvet walking and I jumped towards her.

Me: "Bun Bun!" I cried out happily as I hugged her tightly.

Velvet: "(Y/n), it's good to see you again." she said as she rubbed my head.

That was when Team RWBY and my team showed up. Weiss and Yang seemed annoyed to how close I was with Velvet. Blake walked up to us worried.

Blake: "Velvet? Are you okay?" she asked

Velvet: "I'm fine, I had Yatsuhashi to look out for me." she said as she continued to rub my head.

Weiss: "Your mission was supposed to end a week ago. What happened?" she asked as she tried to pull me away from Velvet.

Velvet: "N-Nothing happened. It was just, there were just so many. Oh but don't worry, you first years are just shadowing huntsmen so you should be fine." she pointed out.

Yang: "Riiiight." she said grabbing me by my cloak and yanked me away from Velvet as she wrapped her arms around me and lift me up like a kid would with a stuff animal.

Velvet: "I should go. Be safe okay?" she said before walking away.

Ruby: "We can do this. We've never backed down before and we're not going to start now. Besides it won't be only be us out there. We'll be fighting alongside a genuine huntsman!" she said excitedly.

The moment I heard her say that made me burst out laughing. They had no clue where Quadrant Five was at all. The one place in the kingdom of Vale full of history of the past that could be learned. The huntsman in charge of us was Dr. Oobleck. We walked over to the location of our bullhead to only see a certain hyperactive professor waiting for us in his huntsman outfit, which looks like he's about to go on a expedition or a safari. Team RWBY looked at him in complete shock as Dr. Oobleck saw us and smiled.

Dr. Oobleck: "Why hello girls! And to you as well (Y/n). Who's ready to fight for their live?" he asked.

My team and I walked over to him since we already knew what he's capable of, while team RWBY on the other hand were still in shock.

Weiss: "Professor Oobleck?" she asked.

Dr. Oobleck: "Yes I'm afraid that those bags won't be necessary girls. Seeing as you've opted to shadow a huntsman on which is now essentially a reconnaissance mission. I can assure you we will not be establishing a single base of operations. Rather we will traversing several miles of hazardous wasteland and making camp in any defendable locations we may stumble upon. I've packed all our essentials myself provided the air course and readied the airship. And! it's Dr. Oobleck. I didn't earn a PhD for fun thank you very much. Come now children, according to my schedule we are already three minutes behind schedule." he informed us before rushing over to the bullhead in a mere second.

Ruby: "Well alright then looks like we're going to save the world with Dr. Oobleck... okay yeah when you say it out loud it sounds worse." she said sadly.

Maka: "And it's not like we're actually saving the world Ruby. We're gathering information, nothing more." she reminded them.

Me: "She's right, we're not there to attack them. Doing that wouldn't do anything either since we don't know what their plans are or who's behind everything. So I don't want anything similar to two weeks ago. " I reminded them.

Ruby: "But us, saving the world sounds cool." she complained.

Nora: "Save the world?" she asked from behind us.

We all turned around to see team JNPR walking up to us.

Nora: "You're going on world-saving missions without us?! I'm hurt and sad! Maybe a little hungry? That last one's not my fault though, Ren!" she glared at Ren.

Jaune: "Sounds exciting, where are ya going?" he asked.

Ruby: "Oh just outside the kingdom." she replied.

Nora: "Hey! So are we." she said happily.

Pyrrha: "Ren and Nora wanted to shadow the sheriff of a nearby village." she told us.

Ren: "We set out tomorrow." he told us.

Neptune: "Then you can party with is tonight. We're shadowing a crime specialist. All inner-city detective stuff. The crime specialist we're shadowing is looking into the murders in the city from the dust robberies last semester. We also get junior badges." he informed us as he suddenly appeared with Sun.

Cara: "Wasn't that you and Neo?" she asked.

Me: 'There is no proof of that.' I countered.

Sun: "We normally go into the city with you guys, which means stuff's always exploding and junk. So we thought this might be a better way to check out the kingdom when it's, y'know, normal." he said honestly.

Me: "Aren't you the one who always stick his nose where it doesn't belong? You were asking for trouble in all honestly." I rolled my eyes.

Sun: "Fair point." he rubbed his neck.

Ruby: "Well-" she tried to say but Dr. Oobleck called for us to hurry up.

There was an awkward silence between all of us before Ruby decided to open her mouth.

Ruby: "Well, uh, wish us luck." she said before said our goodbyes.

We made our way to the bullhead and got in taking our seats. With that done, we took off towards Mountain Glenn.

Yang: "I guess I just never saw you as much of a fighter." she said honestly to Dr. Oobleck.

Me: "Yang... he's a huntsman." I pointed out.

Yang: "But have you ever seen him fight." she asked me.

Me: "Nope, but Maka and Penny have seen him fight before and they said he's good." I told her.

Dr. Oobleck: " I admit I fancy myself more of an intellectual but I can assure you as a huntsman, I've had my fair share of tussles as (Y/n) just said." he informed them.

Ruby: "Like the mushrooms?" she asked confused.

Blake: "Those are truffles." she told her.

Ruby: "Like the sprout?" she asked again.

Yang: "Those are brussels." she told her.

Dr. Oobleck: "Besides, given my expertise in the field of history, as well as my dabblings in the art of archaeological surveys, our dear headmaster saw it fit to assign me to this particular assignment and region." he told us.

Weiss: "What does history have to do with this?" she asked.

Dr. Oobleck: "My. what a preposterous question you silly girl! Why, history is the backbone of our very society and the liver. And probably the kidneys if I were to wager." he stated.

Weiss: "And that means?" she asked him still confused.

Dr. Oobleck: "The Southeast Quadrant outside of Vale is home to wild forests and deep caves. But, it is also the location to one of the kingdoms greatest failures." he told Weiss.

Ruby: "Mountain Glenn." she said knowing what he was referring too.

Yang: "That's right, it was an expansion of Vale. But in the end it was overrun by Grimm and fenced off from the rest of the city." she said.

Dr. Oobleck: "Correct! And now it stands abandoned, as a dark reminder." he said seriously.

Blake: "And a likely place for a hideout." she pointed out.

Dr. Oobleck: "Precisely." he said as the bullhead began it's descend.

It hovered low to the ground so that Dr. Oobleck, team RWBY, and my team could jump off. We looked around the ruins of the city to see no Grimm in site. I turned my head to Dr. Oobleck to see him looking at me already.

Dr. Oobleck: "Alright (Y/n), you know what you're. I will watch over your team as you carry out your mission." he told me.

Blake: "Wait! I thought you said you would let us help you." she reminded me.

Me: "I did, but you agreed that you would do as I say. For now, help Dr. Oobleck and learn from him. You all are still green when it comes to real missions. Besides, if I did brought you along with me, you would slow me down." I said honestly.

Maka: "Will you be alright on your own?" she asked a bit worried.

Me: "Of course I will be, just watch over them alright? They have a bad habit of ignoring orders." I joked.

With that I began running off towards the direction of the city to get away from them. I continued to run until I made a turn at a corner to run into a group of Beowolfs. I stopped running as I watch as they approach me. The alpha of the group slowly me. It began sniffing me before licking my face. I began laughing as it continued to lick me like a pet dog. I rubbed it's head several times until a idea appeared in my head. This would be a good idea to began testing them so that Dr. Oobleck could examine them properly. I stared into the eyes of the Grimm as my red eye began to glow bright. I felt my body begin to emit a black smoke as stared deeply into its eyes.

Me: "There are a group of huntresses around the corner. Destroy them and ignore the male. Attack in waves to tired them out and weaken them. Go." I ordered them.

With that the alpha looked back to the large pack before howling. The pack began splitting up and disappearing into the ruins as a small group went towards team RWBY and my team, this would be a good example of what life is like outside the kingdom for them. I smiled as I turned my head away and continued running towards hideout. I made my way to a nearby sewer tunnel that lead underground towards the hideout, but as I was about to enter, something from inside a nearby store caught me attention.

I turned my head to see someone in a familiar white cloak standing at the doorway of nearby building. This confused me and I rubbed my eye to see if I was seeing something, the moment I opened my eye, the white cloak disappeared.

This caught my curiosity and I made my way to the building. It was a like any other ruined building. I sighed as I was about to leave until a white pedal floated in front of me. I lifted my hand up to look at it carefully, a pedal from a white rose. This caught my attention as I turned my head towards the direction of where the pedal came from to only see another white pedal at the steps of a staircase.

I began climbed up the flight of stairs and began following the direction of any white pedal I came across. There was this odd feeling about the white pedals. There was a feeling of happiness and sorrow. I continued to follow the white pedals until I came across a room on the fifth floor. When I entered it, I saw what looked like a old camp site of someone. There was a small firepit with several pieces of garbage around it with a rusty pot on the floor near garbage. Several feet away from the small campsite was a large hold in the wall. It looks like there was a battle there that continued else where. This campsite was old.

I walked over to it and sat down at the firepit on the side closest to the hold in the wall. That was when I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my head and I began to hold my head. Everything became static.

(Fragment Memory)

I was cooking lunch for team STRQ and my team in our campsite. We were in our third year in Beacon and the memories we all made have been wonderful. Little Witch has grown so much as well, she was beginning to remind me of Atalanta with each passing day. But things have been strange lately. Team STRQ has been actively avoiding my team, but it felt like they were trying to avoid me more than anything. This made me sad of course, seeing the people you care for ignore your very existence, but there was nothing I could do, it's not like I could make them.

Luckily for me. Both our teams chose a mission in Quadrant Five to eliminate the heavy presence of Grimm here. But something odd has been happening, it felt as if I was being watched by someone or something, but I could never find the source of it.

Anyway, I was able to get team STRQ to work with us and they have been having a fun time with my team. This was our third day here and I was assigned to guard our camp as both our teams hunted Grimm. Since I wasn't in any combat, I felt comfortable to simply wear my casual clothing instead of my armor. The clothes I was wearing was an Atlas style (F/c) military sheepskin parka with a white scarf wrapped around my neck that covered the lower part of my face. I also had my (F/c) ushanka on his head with my hair in a braid. I wore black jeans with black combat boots. People questioned why I would wear such heavy clothing in a warm location like Vale. But I simply like being warm instead of the cold.

As I stir the pot, the door to the room opened up. I turned my head towards the door to see Sunshine entering the room looking a bit exhausted. When I saw her, I felt a smile form on my face, but I found it odd that she wasn't with her team or my team. She smiled at me as she walked over. She bend down to me as I pulled down my scarf to uncover the lower part of my face. Our lips locked with one another for a brief moment before she pulled away. It has been a year since she confessed her love for me. It was adorable watching her struggle to make a sentence when she tried to confess.

She walked over to the other side of the firepit and sat down across from me. Something felt strange about Sunshine. I could feel her emotions right now. She seemed sad for some reason.

Me: "Are you alright, Sunshine? Did you and Lioness have another fight?" I asked.

The two of them seemed to be having arguments everyday even though they agreed to share me. Their entire team seemed to be falling apart lately. Sunshine looked at me sadly.

Summer: "Brother (Y/n)? Do you like Professor Ozpin?" she asked.

Me: "Not at all. But I grown to tolerate the old man." I said honestly.

Summer: "Why? What has he ever did to you?" she questioned.

Me: "We... have a bit of history. You could say that I have a deeply seeded hatred towards him, it'll take time for me to unroot that hatred." I told her.

She remained quiet as I continued to stir the pot of beef stew. That was when I decided to ask another question.

Me: "Sunshine? Where's your team and mine?" I asked curiously.

Summer: "Glynda got hurt, so the rest of your team took her back to Beacon. Raven, Qrow, and Tai are nearby." she said.

Me: "That's good, lunch is almost ready and I made extra since Tai eats like a pig." I joked.

Summer: "..." she didn't say anything.

I was being to worry about Sunshine now. She's been acting strange. That was when I noticed something odd. She still had her weapon in her hands. Normally, I wouldn't really see a problem with this since she was usual cleaning or working on it if we weren't training or on a mission. But that wasn't the case this time.

Summer: "Brother (Y/n)? Do you hate me?" she asked.

Me: "Of course not!" I yelled at her.

She seemed to flinch a bit as I saw her finger get closer to the trigger of her weapon. I began fearing something that I hadn't fear in a long time. I felt a sad smile appear on my face as I suppress the urge to cry.

Me: "Sunshine? Did the old man talked to you about me?" I asked.

She didn't say anything as she slowly nodded her head as she never looked at me.

Me: "So you know? About what I am?" I asked.

She nodded again as her weapon began shaking. She was nervous. I gently reach over the fire and placed my hand over her hand that was near the trigger. She seemed to freeze as I gently guided her finger to the trigger much to her surprise. Her head lifted up to look at me.

Me: "A huntress should always be relaxed and prepared to fight Sunshine." I said to her softly and with a smile on my face.

Without a second later, the door burst open as something fell from the hole in the ceiling. The rest of team STRQ appeared with their weapons drawn. My eye remained locked with Sunshine as she pointed her weapon towards me. It was as I feared. I was being betrayed again by the ones I love.

A bright light appeared from her weapon as I felt a horrible pain where my core was suppose to be. I fell back spilling the pot in the process. I laid on the ground as my last life was used. I was going to die. My body began splitting apart like I was beginning to scatter into a million pieces. As I laid there, my eyes gazed up to Sunshine to see the horrified look on her face. I felt something deep in what remains of my core. There was a burning feeling. A burning feeling that won't let me die.

This isn't how I wanted to die this time. I have a warrior's heart! A death like this is unsuited for me. So I won't die. Not yet. Right now, Cara and I are living without our core and are living with our own will. We are our own heart as we are beating as one.

My body began to reform itself as my blackish red armor with a emblem that looked like a white sun at the center of the chest plate covered my body. This seemed to surprise them as I stood back up alive. I felt my core began to become corrupt with something. This was the cost of staying alive when I was suppose to die.

Without hesitation, I turned away from them and began running towards the wall of the building. I crashed through the wall of the building and fell down to the street below. I began running towards the forest to get a even playing ground. But it seemed that team STRQ wasn't going to let me get away so easily as I could hear bullets whistling by me. I needed to divide and conquer. I felt my body begin to generate a large amount of dark smoke as my red eye and horns began to glow.

Me: "Heed my call! Attack the humans!" I roared.

In that moment I could hear the sound of rushing wind and I could feel the ground begin to shake. I could hear team STRQ yelling to one another as a large Nevermore flew overhead with several Griffons by its side. As I stared towards team STRQ, multiple Grimm began rushing pass me including a single Goliath as it stampeded forward.

This will buy me some time to get away. I know that team STRQ are more than capable of defeating those Grimm if they worked together. So I continued running towards the forest. I finally reached the cliffside and was about to climb down until I heard something coming at me from behind.

I created a black and reddish spear from the dark smoke and my blood. I quickly turned around to block a attack from Sunshine. She continued to attack me, I continued to block her every attack until I decided to counterattack. I pushed her back as I thrusted my spear towards her causing her to try and block resulting in her falling back. I pointed my spear at her as she sat on the ground looking up at me. I stared at her as I lowered my spear.

Me: "I'm not your enemy Sunshine." I told her as I reached down to her.

She looked at me for a moment before taking my hand. I smiled and pulled her up onto her feet.

Summer: "But your the enemy of humanity." she suddenly said before pushing me back.

I stumbled backwards and almost falling off the cliff, but I managed to save myself as I dug my right gauntlets claw into the cliffside. I struggled to hold on and was about to attempt to climb up until Sunshine stood over me with her scythe up in the air.

Summer: "You promised that we never keep secrets from each other! But you lied to everyone...to me! I trusted you..." I heard a female voice cry softly to me.

She swung down her scythe and I felt my right arm disconnect from my body with a terrible pain running across my body. I cried out in pain as I slowly fell from the cliff towards the ground below. I crashed onto the ground creating a small creator. I began to crawl out of the creator and away from the cliff and Mountain Glenn and into the forest.

After crawling away from the cliffside slowly and away from team STRQ. I found myself resting my back against a tree with a missing my right arm and bleeding with black particles coming off my body as my eye and horns began to glow brighter. This spot was a beautiful place, it was in a beautiful clearing in the forest full of white lilies. How ironic.

I was a fool to think that I could live in your world, Atalanta. My only obstacle was the old man and after the accident with Baldr and the girls, he finally promised to never interfere with my life or try to kill me. Liar. He did it again... that old man made the people I care about betray me... again. There's no point anymore. I help team STRQ grow and become strong, made wonderful memories with them, learned to love again, even corrupted myself, but now...

I coughed several times and used my left hand to cover my mouth. As I pulled away my hand I saw black liquid on my hand. That's when I heard the sound of grass being stepped on and I knew who it should be. I smiled as I slowly looked up to see Sunshine in front of me with her weapon at the ready to strike me down. I guess I can't blame the old man for this one. He told them but forgot to explain some crucial pieces of information. But it didn't matter now. I feel my core growing more and more corrupted by the second. One way or another. I was going to die again. But my next life, I'll be alone with Cara again.

Me: "Hehehe... if I think about it... I certain that blonde hair clown would make a joke... let's see... oh I know... I guess I didn't make the CUT? Those memories were... to DIE for. We had BLOODY good times... right?" I joked to her as I feel myself becoming weaker.

She remained quite for a few seconds before a single tear ran down her face, hidden underneath the white cloak I gave her. To think I help my natural enemy so many times instead of killing her. But I couldn't bring myself to do it. I love her too much.

Me: "Do you remember... the good times? Where we were pals... and so much more? When things were better? Cooking together. Enjoying the small things. Can we... go back to that?" I asked sadly.

She still didn't say anything. All she did was she shake her head furiously. I felt my smile slowly disappear.

Taiyang: "What are you waiting for Summer?! Kill it!" I heard him yell out.

I slowly moved my eyes behind her to see the rest of team STRQ. The Clown, Taiyang Xiao Long. Lioness, Raven Branwen. Birdbrain, Qrow Branwen. They were looking towards us. I didn't even need to see their faces to tell that they felt fear, I could sense it from here. I looked back to Sunshine, Summer Rose. I smiled weakly. I only sense sadness from her.

Cara: "It doesn't look like we can change their mind huh?" she asked sounding as if she was about to cry.

Me: 'No.' was all I replied with.

Me: "Hey... Sunshine? One question... before you try and kill me? Do you like my eye? Like this? Glowing red? How about my red horns?" I asked curiously.

Summer: "Yeah, they remind me of the roses at the orphanage. But they're pretty and sparkly like a ruby." she stated with a sad smile on her face as her tears ran down her face.

I nodded slowly. With that Summer swang down her scythe. I'm glad Little Witch isn't her or the rest of my team. I would hate for them to witness my true form. But I don't plan on dying yet.

Right as her scythe was about to make contact with my chest, I allowed myself to be engulfed in my corruption. My entire body turn pitch black as a sudden force pushed everything away from me. Summer was sent flying backwards as the tree I was resting against was unrooted causing it to roll across the clearing and into the nearby trees. The lilies weren't safe either causing the once beautiful clearing to look lifeless.

Cara: "You're going to let them kill us huh? To let them grow?" she asked.

Me: 'They think we're bad... I want them to kill us thinking that. So they won't regret it later on.' I replied.

Cara: "I hate playing the bad guy. They never get happy endings." she stated angrily and sadly.

Me: 'Do you regret it? Merging with me that is. If you didn't, then this wouldn't have happened. You could have lived a normal life.' I replied.

Cara remained silent.

Cara: "(N/n)... I didn't mea-" she tried to say, but I cut her off.

Me: 'It's fine Cara. In the next life... I'll find a way to separate us if yo-' I tried telling her, but this time she stopped me.

Cara: "Don't you even dare finish that sentence! You're my best friend! The person I care more than anything! Even when everyone tried to kill you, I defended you, and let you merged with me when I was dying. I chose this. I'll see it through to the end, partner." she announced.

I felt relief wash over me. Even after all the lifetimes of sorrow and pain, she still wants to remain with me. She's willing to suffer with me. I didn't deserve this. So I'll earn it. At one lifetime at a time.

Me: 'Cara... thank you.' I thank her as I felt us become closer.

Me: "If you think you can kill me that easily, then you have another thing coming! Let's see how much you all have grown!" I yelled as my voice sounded like a mixture of mine and Cara as I began to change.

It was time to face our bad ending...together.

You should leave this place with me. The world outside your "Garden" is not as pretty and weird. But it's still nice. The warmth of the sun feels nice. Come on! I'll show you, just take my hand.

-Cara

Next chapters will be Boku no Hero Academia and High School DxD chapter 5.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

47.4K 691 30
This is a Yang X Reader, you are Y/N, a knight in training, ran from his home and now must live with his past right behind him, he joined Beacon to f...
15.1K 209 25
Y/N has always been treated the same as any other Grimm a mindless monster which couldn't be further from the truth after the death of His Family he...
2.2K 43 14
(y/n) (l/n) was your young and ordinary mechanical and technological genius living a quiet life in his home village in the middle of Anima. That is o...
2.2K 32 17
After dying, Y/N is given one last chance by the gods and comes back to life in a new body, and without the ability to summon a Persona, or so he thi...