Soldiersworld

By deathbydream

Tom has joined an international army, designed to find and fight an unknown threat that kills and destroys ev... More

Chapter 1

Prolouge

11 0 1
By deathbydream

The man inside the mirror looked tired. He was tall; he looked strong.

The man outside the mirror didn't recognize the thing staring back on him. He certainly didn't feel big and strong. He felt tired and weak. He looked drunk all the time, even when he wasn't. A permanent effect of his alcoholic days. He'd thought if he stopped drinking he would improve, but he didn't. 

Now, he knew, there was a way to improve, a way to get better. A way to leave everything behind, his memories, his friends, his house, his enemies, his name, his entire identity. 

All he had to do was say yes. Say he'd do it. Say he'd leave behind the body...

And join the war. 

Thomas Rainwell turned from the mirror and made a decision. He would be a soldier.

---

Tord stared at the poster, written in Norwegian. He read it several times. 

It seemed like the only option. His own army was in pieces. The accident had changed him, made him different. His whole self felt different, and it had nothing to do with the scars.

He needed a new opportunity. One where he could become who he wanted rather than who he had to be...

So Tord Lanesson joined the International Army of United Nations.

---

Deep underground, creatures stirred at their alpha's return. It had been a long time. Many dusks and dawns. They chattered at the alpha. They wanted out. They wanted their home back. They wanted to see the sun that had been hidden to them, only known through stories the elders told, and the alpha's expeditions. 

"Soon." hissed the alpha. "Soon."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

708K 26.1K 101
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
132K 4.6K 39
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
128K 6K 35
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...
207K 6K 73
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...