Twenty Six Hands| A Zodiac St...

By FlipFlop101

"Hey, take my hand?" The boy asked, pushing his hair out of his face. "We'll make it, I swear." "Woah, Livin'... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter 3: Salute
Honesty
A Grand Plan
The Umbridge of This Story
So, we're the zodiacs?
Hey, Brother
Disapear
The World Turned Upside Down
Fall Out Boy Never Lies
She Will Be Loved
Laser Tag, But Scorpio Always Wins
Libra and Virgo Are Stalkers
Wake Me Up
Something Bad
Halloween
Gem and Cap Awkwardly Third Wheel
Defying Gravity... Literally
An Unlikely Pair
The Brave, The Bold, The Powerless
Nightmares
A Hot Older Cousin
Gem Flirts With Literally Everyone
The Weather Gets Really Weird
The Twins, the Race, and the Trees
Betrayal
And So The World Burns
Nightmares Come to Life
A Twist of Fate
BFFE (Best Friends For Eternity)
Twenty Six Hands, Minus Six
A Horrible Cost
A Zodiac Prom
Epilouge
Ten Facts About This Story/ Other Books by FlipFlop

Mind Reading and Ms. Mal

1.1K 35 50
By FlipFlop101

Virgo walked around the halls of the school, Cancer by her side. The two had been really close recently. Virgo couldn't stop thinking about the fact that she didn't have her powers, and how Ms Mal would attempt to kill them tomorrow.

"Virgo? Virgo? You there?" Cancer asked her.

Virgo snapped out of thought. "Yeah, sorry. Zoned out."

"I'm worried about all of that too, don't worry. You're not alone." Cancer kept walking down the hall as she said it.

"How did you-?" Virgo got cut off as Cancer interrupted.

"You're pretty easy to read," Cancer replied, her eyes twinkling.

Virgo stuttered something or other out as she walked beside Cancer. Easy to read? Just the other day Taurus had said she was impossible to read. Did Cancer already know her better than Taurus?

Virgos really cute, Cancer thought.

"Thanks, Cance," Virgo thanked her, flashing her a smile. Why did she use my name instead of 'you're'?

"I didn't say anything." Cancer blinked at Virgo. "Are you feeling alright?"

Shit, she's onto me. Abort, abort. Operation: don't let Virgo know you like her is a go, Cancer thought.

"I'm feeling fine." Virgo, in fact, was getting slightly dizzy. Cancer likes her? As in like-likes? But Virgo thought she was straight.

"Maybe we should sit down," Cancer decided. "I can't heal you if I don't know what's wrong."

Virgo nodded, still dizzy, as Cancer took her hand and led her to a bench. The two slowly sat down.

God, she looks sick. Was it something I said? Something I didn't say? God, this would be easier if she knew I was into girls, Cancer rambled on in her thoughts.

Let me clarify. Though not often brought up, Virgo revealed during sophomore year that she was, in fact, bi. Cancer, on the other hand, had been closeted for a while now.

Wait a second. Cancer likes girls... more specifically me. She likes me. Holy shit, should I ask her out? We could die tomorrow, maybe I should just kiss her. Virgos thoughts got the best of her.

So lost in her thoughts she started to subconsciously act them out. She leaned into Cancer as if to kiss her. Cancer was taken aback.

"Virgo?" Cancer asked, slightly alarmed.

"What's going on?" Virgo asked, blinking as if coming out of a trance.

"Did you try to kiss me?" Cancer asked slowly, as if trying to process the information herself.

"I might've. I'm not totally sure." Virgo looked at her feet. "Cancer?"

"Yes?"

"I think I can read minds. I accidentally read yours." Virgo looked at her friend, as if attempting to look for help.

"So you heard about me liking you?" Cancer asked.

"Yes. And I think I like you back. Would you want to give it a shot?" Virgo asked hopefully, biting her lip.

"I'd like that. I'd like that very much," Cancer responded.

The two sat together, in a comfortable silence. That's when Ms Mal walked by. Virgo concentrated.

Tomorrow, all these little brats will be dead. And I'll get the money and the vodka. All I have to do is — wait. Stop reading my mind, Virgin.

Virgo recoiled in pain and held her head. She didn't know how, but Ms Mal had caused her head to hurt through pure thoughts. Virgo held her head in pain and let out a sharp gasp.

"Virgo? What's happened?" Cancer asked her.

"No, actually. I'm not," Virgo replied. "Ms Mal... she knows I can read minds... we've gotta get outta here to warn the others!"

Cancer nodded and the two of them started running down the hallway hand in hand.  That is until they ran into a man. He looked so familiar. Suddenly, both of them knew why. He was famous for all the wrong reasons. He was Ophiuchus.

"You! You're-" Cancer started to say.

"I know who I am. I know what I did. And I'm here to help you," Ophiuchus interrupted. "In here, quick."

He took the two into an empty classroom and shut the door. He looked around in a panic and cautiously looked at the two.

"I didn't kill the former Zodiacs." That's how he started it off.

"You didn't?" Cancer asked him.

"They were my friends. We were going to rock the world." Ophiuchus was now staring out the window, as of reliving his best and worst memories. "But around us, the world burned. When we tried to fight, they burned with it."

Virgo concentrated. She started to read Ophiuchus' mind. She heard the laughter of a girl.

Stop, Ophi! You're getting me all wet! The girl spoke.

It's a beach, what did you expect? It was Ophiuchus, only younger sounding.

Suddenly, the tone of his mind changed. Virgo heard the same girl. Except it was her screams.

Ophi! Help me! Help! The girl screamed.

Libra! Libra! I'm coming! Libra? A younger Ophiuchus continued screaming.

"I lost her. And the rest of them. I couldn't save a single one. I stood in the ruins of a friendship. I stood in the ruins of twelve lives," he said softly. "And I've regretted it everyday since then."

Virgo could feel a wave of powerful emotions coming over him.

"Be careful, Virgo. You should trust me when I say, your power is the hardest to control. You may not always want to know everything," Ophiuchus warned her.

Suddenly Virgo was peering into his thoughts again. Virgo saw a girl that resembled herself.

Ophi, You can't keep doing this. The girl had a bossy tone.

The world threw us away, Virgo. Why shouldn't I? Young Ophiuchus rolled his eyes. He was going to vandalize the school.

Because one day, we're going to rock the world. Everyone will remember our names. The old Virgo told him.

The scene of his mind changed. Virgo inhaled sharply.

This isn't how this was supposed to end. Libra should be alive! We were gonna rock the world, not burn it! The older Virgo screamed in frustration.

Virgo! A new voice screamed. A burning bit of tree fell down onto her. It knocked her out cold.

"Why are you showing me this?" Virgo had a tear sliding down her face.

"Because you need to see it. Listen, there's a spell you're going to need to perform. There has to be at least seven of you left. Everyone has to hold hands in a circle and you will be rid of the people who wish to kill you. It has to be in two days time," Ophiuchus told them.

"Did it work for you?" Cancer asked

"If it did, you wouldn't be in danger now," he sighed. "It doesn't work with only one person left.

Virgo and Cancer glanced at each other. They nodded.

"We need to tell the others," Virgo decided.

"Do this right, and you'll be remembered among the stars," he told them.

The two looked quizzically at him and he just smiled.

"What happens if we need you again?" Cancer asked him.

"I pray you won't. My time on this plane of existence is up. Just remember this, people will die. Blood will be shed. Whoever dies will be reborn. Just as you all were," Ophiuchus informed them.

"Where are you going?" Cancer fearfully inquired.

The left side of his face started to dissolve into stardust. He didn't answer. "My dear Libra, how good it will be to see her again."

Cancer and Virgo's hands clasped together. Ophiuchus looked as if he gradually getting younger and happier as he dissolved. His foolish grin started to disappear. Eventually the rest of him followed. The only thing he left behind were three words hanging in the air.

"Good luck, Zodiacs."

————

Hello! FlipFlop101 here! I apologize about everything that happens in coming chapters. There's maybe 8 left? And this chapter was solely dedicated to Virgo and Cancer, but it's very important all the same. Teaser below. Vote, comment, follow. Theorize! I want to know what you guys think about what'll happen next chapter and I'm coming ones!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

931 40 29
This story is about a Kingdom with 12 villages around Kingdom. But in each village a child with a mark on their hands when they are born, to tell the...
4.1K 128 39
This is not a normal story, not even with normal characters. See what the 12 teens do in their "normal" life. These teens are going to go through a l...
66.1K 1.4K 27
[DISCONTINUED] ~*~ They're just like every other teenager. They go to parties, study for tests, and do basically everything any teen would. They're n...
4.3K 59 15
The Zodiac signs were cast down to Earth to live as humans. About 13 years later, they were kidnapped and woke up in a completely different place...a...