Beneath the lies - Min Yoongi

By Lillyfictions

"Don't throw this away, please I was dumb, I should've told you. I'm still the same person-" "I don't know... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 *
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
*Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
*Chapter 20
Chapter 21: Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: Hate
Bonus Chapter: Babysitting

Chapter 9

540 23 5
By Lillyfictions

Before you knew it, you ended up sitting in the meeting room again, a very content Yoongi sitting diagonally from you with a smug smirk. When did you turn so smug? Gosh... The things I put up with for you, Mr. Kim... I swear if we ever meet again I'mma-

"Mrs. Lee?"

Your head snapped back towards BTS' manager Sejin, a blush creeping onto your cheeks. It was obvious that you had spaced out.

"You'll live with the boys," he repeated himself making you choke on your own saliva.

"I will WHAT?"

"Since the end product is supposed to show army BTS' real life, it's only natural that you're also going to film them at home. To make things easier, a room in their apartment has been arranged for you."

You still couldn't believe the words that left the man's mouth. You looked over at Yoongi who only winked at you with a knowing smile. How the- When- WHAT- your own thought process stuttered. Yoongi was showing a whole new side to him, a way more flirty, sexy and confident side... And somehow... you didn't mind at all. You cursed at your hormones running wild already at his sight.

You looked over at Namjoon, he smiled reassuringly at you, lightly nodding his head. So he is okay with this... I trust him. I don't trust Yoongi's motives yet, but I know that Namjoon wouldn't agree to something that would push me too far. He knew about your emotional state nearly better than even Jinah and Alexandra.

Okay. Let's collect our thoughts for a little bit. You bit your lip, lifting your hand up a little, telling the others that you were thinking.

I will be able to film and edit all the time, which is basically all I want to do anyway. I can travel a sh*t lot. I will gain more money than before and duhh, that's a good argument. I will live in a fancy apartment. So far so good BUT, I will live together with the man that lied to me and broke my heart, who above all seems determined to get back together... 

Okay... 

You know what? F*** this ish, Imma do it. I'm not refusing this amazing opportunity because of him. I should stop overthinking, what could go wrong...

You looked back up and nodded. 

"Okay."

Hoseok's jaw dropped. "I didn't think she'd say yes," he mumbled to Namjoon but smiled brightly at you. Namjoon, Hoseok, and Yoongi were the only ones who had come to the meeting, the other members were apparently busy with different schedules. You were surprised that even any of the members had shown up to this since they weren't really involved.

"BUT-" you added sharply, making everyone halt in their movement. 

The manager rose his eyebrows and looked at you in a questioning manner. Your boss seemed surprised too. She gave you one of those 'If you blow this up, I swear I'll kill you' looks.

"On one condition-"

You turned your gaze to Yoongi, not caring for the world that his manager would find out about your past relationship, "You. Don't. Freaking. Touch. Me."

He smirked at that, standing up lazily before he walked around the table to come to a halt next to you, his dark eyes fixed on you with a slightly teasing expression.

"Anything you want, Cherub." 

The mention of his nickname for you immediately triggered memories. Sweet and not so sweet, rather spicy memories... Angel, was just too basic for him, that's why he had settled for a specific one.

"But just know that, sooner or later-" he halted in his words and leaned forward close to your ear so only you could hear him, his mere presence made your nerves tingle.

"You'll be begging for it," he whispered, his voice low and sensual before he casually strode out of the meeting room. Your heart was running a marathon in your chest and you bit your lip furiously, a red hue slowly taking over your cheeks. You slapped yourself mentally, trying to get you back to your senses.

F*ck you Min Yoongi. 

F*ck you for messing around with my poor heart. F*ck you for knowing me way too well.

"I guess it's settled then," the manager frowned and smiled lightly at you, still obviously confused over the situation that had just unfolded in front of him. He handed you the contract, which you signed without a second glance and you shook hands.

"It will be a pleasure working with you. Until tomorrow then," Sejin smiled and left the room together with Namjoon and Hoseok who also looked rather surprised.

"Well, I thought this would go differently," Namjoon chuckled while he walked past you, making you smile lightly. "Me too Namjoon, me too. Next time give me a head's up okay?"

He laughed to himself, turning around briefly to wink at you before leaving. "What a great friend," you huffed ironically, rolling your eyes with a laugh. Thinking back at Yoongi however, you stifled a sigh. He had your emotions running wild, your heart riding a rollercoaster. After months of separation and trying to move on, he had just returned and everything had come back as if you had only left him yesterday. 

But I'm not gonna fall for you again Yoongi, as much as my heart aches for it, my mind is right in trying to protect me from another disappointment. 

What you didn't know was that you had already fallen deeply in love with the complex human being that was Min Yoongi. In fact, you had never stopped loving him, just as much as he had never stopped loving you. The mere difference between your feelings was that he was aware of them and you were suppressing them, too scared to be hurt again.

.

Nervously you stepped out of the cab, you were definitely in the fancier part of Seoul, the buildings all looked very chic and expensive. You gulped looking at the building just in front of you, glass covering every side of the tall and massive structure. The penthouse must be stunning. You wondered who could be able to afford this type of housing.

You walked towards the security at the entrance, pulling your heavy luggage with you with a light groan. Everything here looked luxurious, even the stairs leading up to the door. The precisely cut marble steps might've looked stunning at first but you soon saw them as annoyingly long as you had to get your stuff all the way to the top of them.

"Excuse me, Miss. You can't come inside of this building unless you have authorized access." The black, tall and rather bulky security guy stopped you, making you look at him in confusion. You sighed, looking down at the stairs you had just climbed with all of your luggage. No way, I'm going back down just to get that access thingy in some office.

"Ehm, I was told to come here at 8 a.m. Manager Sejin mentioned that in my contract. Who can I contact to get such authorized access?" I could just call Yoongi or Namj-

"Jack. It's fine, she's with me," a young handsome male said hurriedly to the security as he came down the stairs, interrupting your thoughts. His warm doe eyes set on you and a soft smile formed on his lips, making you instantly feel more welcomed. You smiled thankfully at him, trying to get his name right in your mind. He wore a dark shirt with a pair of distraught jeans, his black hair messy on his forehead, a pair of silver earrings adorning his ears. 

He seemed very familiar, he had to be part of BTS.

The security nodded with a smile, fist-bumping the guy in a rather informal manner. "If you say so Jungkook." 

Jungkook...

The 'golden maknae'. 

Finally, your struggling memory had put the pieces back together. You had met at the interview but otherwise, you couldn't remember him clearly.

"Here, I'll help with your luggage," he smiled kindly at you, lifting up your two heavy bags as if they weighed nothing. You couldn't help but gawk at his effortless action. 

He must work out quite a bit... 

He's a Kpop idol-Of course, he works out- Oh, stop those inappropriate thoughts immediately! You're already in enough trouble with one idol, don't even start daydreaming about others! You have to contain those horny thoughts of yours, even if you are going to live with a bunch of hot celebrities... 7 hot guys around your age... well let's say 6 because Namjoon is obviously off limits, even if he's hot as fudge as well.

Having drifted off into your thoughts you hadn't noticed that Jungkook had already walked off and you quickly ran after him to catch up with his big steps.

"Hey, sorry. I didn't introduce myself. I'm Lee Y/N," you said quickly and smiled at him from the side. He looked at you, returning the smile. "I know. We already had an interview together and I've heard a lot about you from the other members."

You were surprised to hear that. 

Does Yoongi talk about me? 

Why do I secretly hope he does? You shook your head at the thought. Stop it. You should get over him. 

Bravo Sherlock, that's going to be hard considering the fact that you're going to live together.

You were about to ask him who talked about you but stopped yourself. No, if I ask he's going to know directly that I still have some lingering feelings for Yoongi. Yoongi would find out and that's not what we want right now-Wait, boys don't think that far-

"Noona?"

You rose your eyebrows at the younger one calling you in such a formal way. You weren't used to being the older one. This was sure something new.

"Are you always lost in your thoughts like that?"

You chuckled to yourself. It was true that you had zoned out during the entire way to the elevator.

"Sorry. It was just something you said earlier. And you really don't have to call me Noona. It makes me feel old," you apologized laughing and he nodded averting his gaze shyly with a light smile. It was strange how Jungkook seemed confident earlier but suddenly looked shy. He must be used to being around boys mostly.

The elevator stopped and it was only then that you noticed that you were on the top floor. The penthouse.

Your jaw dropped the second you stepped into the apartment.

"Oh," was all that left your mouth. 

Jungkook next to you broke out in laughter as soon as he saw your stunned expression. "It gets better, trust me," he smiled, dropping your bags at the entrance. "Being famous has its perks," you breathed softly, making him chuckle again.

"Yup."

"The others aren't here yet. Namjoon, Hoseok, and Yoongi are still at the studio. Jimin is training with Taemin on a dance project and Jin and Taehyung are out for fashion shootings. So, I will have the honor of showing you around," he had said all of this so quickly that you had barely been able to follow his words. So you just nodded enthusiastically, a bright smile appearing on your lips as you thought of discovering the rest of this way too amazing apartment.

I'm going to live here. You squealed, making Jungkook turn around to look at you with a stiffled laugh.

"You're cute."

You blushed at his comment and playfully punched his shoulder, which by the way was wayyyyy too hard. Damn. The maknae's muscles are no joke. "I'm just happy, okay? This apartment looks freaking amazing," you tried to defend yourself, only earning another chuckle from him.

"Okay. Okay. I will stop teasing you about it. I mean we all kind of reacted the same way when we first moved in."

Quite honestly, as you walked around, the apartment seemed endless. You knew already that you'd take some time before you wouldn't get lost anymore. As Jungkook gave you a tour your eyes grew wider and wider with every room. You were surprised at how tidy everything actually was. Most of the boys' private bedrooms were a mess though, there was no way of denying that, but who can blame them, with their busy schedule...

.

"Lastly, your room." You smiled happily as you saw the bedroom.

"As you saw before, Taehyung's, Jimin's and my room are just here in the same corridor. We'll have to share a bathroom," Jungkook commented, scratching his neck shyly.

You chuckled at his slightly reddened cheeks. "As long as none of you comes in when I shower I don't mind at all."

His cheeks became beet red at your comment which made you chuckle even more. You ruffled through his hair playfully, "Loosen up Jungkook. We'll live together from now on," you winked at him teasingly and he smiled, averting your gaze.

"We're back!"

Shouting could be heard coming from the entrance and Jungkook chuckled softly, "You should get used to it soon. We can be quite loud."

You went back to the living room to greet the other members. Entering the spacious living room, you came to a halt in front of 3 handsome men. 

Sh*t, what were their names again...

"Anyeong," one greeted, happily showing you a boxy smile before bowing.

"Nice to see you again," you smiled kindly before presenting yourself.

.

Since the boys were free for the rest of the day, which was quite a rare occasion, you spent the time together getting to know each other. You got along really well with Jin and the maknae line, which relieved you quite a bit. Jimin would be a piece of work though, he was most definitely a flirt, which was confusing as hell, because he'd be cute and fluffy one second and then hot and flirty the next. He had an alluring duality to him that was known in the fandom. They all knew about your and Yoongi's past though, so you knew that Jimin wasn't really serious about his flirting, but rather trying to tease you to make you more comfortable.

"Do you remember the first time Yoongi asked you out by message?" Jin asked with a smile, about to tell you how it all really went down.

Your heart dropped at the thought of it, but you faked a smile and nodded, trying to stay polite and open-minded. Taehyung seemed to catch on though, sending you a worried look before he nudged the older one. "Maybe we shouldn't talk about Yoongihyung," he mumbled softly and Jin immediately looked at you with a guilty expression. "Oh, sorry," he seemed genuinely concerned, "I forgot for a second, I didn't mean to- Really I'm sorry if-"

 "It's okay. No worries. I'm over it," you interrupted his flood of apologies, waving it off with a motion of your hand and a soft smile. Quiet took over the room, making it hard for you to keep your thoughts positive and your smile up. Why aren't they talking?

"You're definitely not over it," Jimin ended the silence, looking at you with his sharp analytic gaze. The rest of the boys' heads snapped towards the dancer, sending glares at him while they shook their heads disapprovingly. "Jimin," Jin hissed silently, shoving his knee in the younger's thigh from the side. "What? I was only telling the truth, we can all see-" 

"Jimin, goddamnit shut up," Taehyung whined, looking over at you worriedly.  

You shook your head lightly, your lips pressed tightly together. "No, I'm not. It's true- I just can't move on," you admitted, biting your lower lip to hold back your emotions. You looked up at the ceiling, rapidly closing and opening your eyes so the tears wouldn't fall. Sh*t. Don't cry in front of them. Stop it. This is not how things were supposed to start.

Taehyung next to you moved hesitantly, "C-Can I?" he motioned to hug you and you smiled lightly before nodding. He smiled softly before engulfing you in his arms. His sudden and unexpected movement made you giggle even though you were still trying to hold back tears.

"I'll cook something for us," Jin said softly, shooting you a last worried look before he left you in the living room.

"Thank you," you muttered with a smile and Taehyung only tightened his hold around you, making you chuckle. "I'm sorry, I didn't think you'd react this strongly, I didn't want to make you upset," Jimin apologized with a sorry expression, his plump lips in a pouty expression that immediately melted your heart into a puddle. 

"Don't worry, Jimin, I'm not angry at you," you smiled softly, making his features relax in relief.  

"We're here for you if you need us. You're part of the family now," Taehyung smiled, making Jimin nod promptly in approval. You felt consolated in the boy's arms, his words soothing your stirred up emotions, calming you down again. You had only spent one day with these boys, yet they already seemed special. You already knew that you could share a great friendship.

.

"Sooo, you're sharing a bathroom with us?" Jimin asked, changing the subject, wiggling his eyebrows at you which made you laugh. He was back at it again. Gosh, that flirt. But he made you laugh, so his goal had been achieved.

Jungkook punched Jimin in the shoulder to scold him which ended up in him acting as if he was really hurt, whining exaggeratedly loud and laying on the floor while clutching his arm to his chest.

That's when the front door opened and the rest of Bangtan stepped into the apartment. Their eyes immediately fell on the scene in front of them and they had to try hard to stifle their laughter, seeing how ridiculous Jimin looked. They waved shortly at the rest of you, chuckling to themselves before they moved to greet Jin in the kitchen. Of course, your eyes had immediately darted to him, staying stuck on his figure until he had left the room.

It was as if you're body knew exactly what you wanted, what your heart secretly craved. 

What do you do to me? Can't you let me move on?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

862 52 18
Y/n, a 23 years old girl who's just living her completely normal life and busy trying to make some money by working in a restaurant. One night, she b...
36.8K 1.1K 31
When I heard her name and seen her face I knew she was the one I was after. ~Kim Taehyung He's a lier, manipulator, and will do anything to get money...
117K 4.1K 18
((COMPLETED)) You blink and feel a tear run down your cheek. You lean over to Yoongi and take his hand. He faces you again. You pull him into a hug a...
167K 11.5K 18
A YOONKOOK SHORT STORY! Recently dumped, heartbroken, and unwilling to move on, Yoongi spends his days wallowing in self-pity. He's trying to tell hi...