The 1975 (Keith Kogane x Read...

Da xxkasai

//COMPLETED// Keith had never been the best at making and keeping friends. It is something he's very aware of... Altro

To A New Adventure
Grocery Store Fiasco
Where'd You Find Her?
Capture The Flag
We're Sentient, We're Something
A Change Of Heart
Empty Threats
Give It A Shot
She Way Out (FINAL!)

Falling For You

7.1K 231 361
Da xxkasai

 The walk back to the cottage was silent between the two. It wasn't because things were awkward or there was nothing to talk about, it was that Keith was so lost up in his head he couldn't speak. He was still too perplexed by the fact that Y/N was indeed a real person, treating him like he too was a real person, and the chance she'd given him. Singlehandedly, through one conversation and one song, Y/N had managed to force Keith to see himself in an entirely different light. She'd also made him realize that he was potentially catching feelings, but that didn't matter right now.

He felt valuable.

As they neared the porch, Keith stopped dead in his tracks. Through the large, open doorway and past the blowing curtains, Lance was sitting at the kitchen table with his head in his hands.

"How about I give you two a minute?" Y/N asked.

Even though he wanted to say no, run off into the forest and say Lance wasn't worth his time, Keith knew he had to talk to his friend. Something was causing Lance to act so strange all of the sudden, and he wanted to know the cause. Not only that, but he wanted to prove to Lance that he was making a real effort to be better friends with Y/N.

As he approached, Keith could see further inside. Shiro and Allura also sat at the table, focused on an upset, distraught Lance.

"Shiro is right, Lance. Y/N is a person, you can't control who she becomes friends with. Keith is a good guy, give them a chance." Allura said softly, trying to reassure Lance that the world wasn't going to implode if Y/N and Keith happened to become friends.

"He just—we can't let him get close to her!" Lance spat, throwing his hands in the air in frustration.

Shiro sighed, leaning back in his chair. "Why, do you like her? Are you jealous?"

Lance's face flushed and he began to blabber. "No! She's just—I don't know! Too good for Keith? He's ruthless and thoughtless at times and I know he'll hurt her! I don't want that."

"Too good?" Keith appeared from around the corner with tears welling in his eyes. "She's too good for both of us. Especially yourself right now."

"Keith, I didn't mean it like—"

"No, it's fine. Say it." He sat down at the table across from Lance, Shiro and Allura on either side of him. "Tell me about how I shouldn't be around Y/N because of how heartless and cruel I am."

For the first time, despite being angry and upset, Keith was in control. He wasn't yelling or throwing punches, he was sitting calmly, allowing himself to feel these emotions run through his body as he looked to Lance for an explanation. Maybe he was changing.

"Or, is Shiro right? Do you like her?" He asked.

Lance's entire demeanour sank. He crossed his arms over his chest and pouted. Keith could tell he was confused and upset and it made him feel pretty bad for Lance. Normally, he could care less how emotional Lance was being, but he truly did look conflicted.

"I don't like her...not like that. But she's my best friend other than you guys. I don't want her to leave me because of something stupid Keith does!" He muttered, sharply eyeing the dark haired boy across from him.

Shiro wished he could vanish. Being older, he'd already been through this teenage drama and wished he never had to witness it again. Yet, here it was, haunting him. "Look," He pressed his palms to the table firmly. "Maybe, you can both be her friend without killing each other?" His voice sounded like he was explaining how to use scissors to pre-schoolers.

"Besides, it's only one weekend, Lance. Keith can't do that much damage in a few days." Pidge added into the conversation, hardly audibly, as she continued to work away on the old radio.

"Oh, yes he can. And it'll be collateral." Lance fired back.

"Not helping, Lance." Allura growled, making the boy cower.

"Fine," Lance threw his arms in the air and looked Keith dead in the eye. "Everyone's right. But if you hurt her or do something unequivocally stupid...so help you." He seethed.

Not long after the discussion Y/N came tramping into the kitchen with a sleepy, half-conscious Hunk. "Dinner?" He yawned.

Pidge, of all people, was the most enthusiastic of the bunch about the thought of dinner. Luckily, it didn't take long for Hunk to prepare and soon enough everyone was gathered around the table. The air was far less tense than earlier in the day, particularly between Lance and Keith whose brooding rivalry seemed to have simmered over. Y/N figured they must have reached some kind of agreement over whatever dispute they were having. She still wasn't quite sure what it was over, but didn't have a desire to find out. Though, she had an unfortunate feeling it was over something that had to do with her.

"So," Shiro piped up. "What does everyone say to a bonfire tomorrow night?"

Everyone collectively hollered 'yes' and Shiro smiled.

"And surfing all afternoon!" Lance added in excitedly. "I'll teach everyone!"

"Keith and I know how to surf also, so we can help out." Shiro looked to Keith and smiled a little smugly. Keith didn't even have to question what Shiro was thinking about because he already knew. "I can teach Allura, Lance you teach Pidge and Hunk...maybe Keith can teach Y/N?"

"Wait, you guys can surf?!" Lance squeaked, almost sounding like he'd been horrified by something. Maybe to Lance the thought of Keith on a surfboard, and being proficient at it, was beyond his imagination. In fact, it didn't even seem possible. Sure, Keith was athletic, especially since it was a requirement at the Garrison. But he didn't exactly do it for fun.

"Yeah." Shiro laughed. "Keith and I used to surf a lot when we were younger, actually."

"Shiro can you teach me instead? I don't trust Lance." Pidge muttered. She was well aware of the fact that she would end up drowning under Lance's supervision.

"Sure," Shiro agreed. He too came to realize Lance with two students was an awful idea. He could manage Pidge and Allura.

"Oh man what if I get sea sick?" Hunk complained.

"Chill out, big guy. I'll look after you." Lance tried to pat Hunk reassuringly but it wasn't very comforting.

"And Keith? You're alright teaching Y/N?" Allura asked softly, trying to break Keith from his obvious daydream.

"Hmm? Yeah, sure. Yep." He nodded, pursing his lips. On the inside, Keith was screaming. All day? With Y/N? Surfing? Teaching her to surf when he wasn't even sure if he remembered how to? Either way, he was tied into it.

He challenged himself to look forward to tomorrow whilst the group finished dinner.

Next thing he knew, he was out in the sand playing a small game of soccer with Y/N. The entire situation was almost dream like. Inside of the cottage just a few yards away, Keith could hear everyone else inside watching a movie. The cottage sent off a warm glow and smelled of Hunk's freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. The sand under his feet was still warm from the heat of the day and Y/N's laughter was nearly as soft as the breeze which came off of the ocean. He may not have been the most brilliant soccer player, but he enjoyed the impromptu game nonetheless.

With sore feet and tired bodies, the two made their way back inside and joined everyone else in the living room for the movie and cookies. Keith, for once, actually laughed along with everyone else as the movie played instead of maintaining a straight face. His mind was on high alert, especially since he was squished shoulder to shoulder with Y/N on an absurdly small couch, forced to share a blanket because Lance insisted on having two. Whether that had been a part of a master plan for Keith to get closer to Y/N, or Lance just being a drama queen, he didn't really care either way. Y/N was relaxed and happy, that aura wearing off on Keith a little.

Ever so slowly, once the film ended, everyone dwindled off to their rooms one by one. Y/N and Keith were the last to leave, the girl remaining on the couch because she was too tired to leave. Keith made sure he handed her an extra couple blankets for warmth and laid them over her frame, smiling lightly. He then departed to his room, making sure to turn out the lights on his way.

When Keith laid down in his bed, he exhaled deeply and tried to let go of everything that had happened today. He still felt as if the world was against him, but in a different way. Everything that was falling into place with Y/N seemed like it was too easy, making him fall deeper and deeper into the small crush he'd begun to develop for this friend of Lance's he may have never met if he didn't come on this trip. Like always, he pressed play on the CD player and the song which began to play sent him into an emotional spiral.

'What time you coming out?

We started losing light.

I'll never make it right.

If you don't wander off I'm so excited for the night.

All we need is my bike and your enormous house.

You said one day we might when I'm closer to your height,

Till then we'll knock around and see if you're all I need.'

Keith couldn't help but wonder if he was beginning to fall for the idea of the kind of person Y/N was, or if he really was falling for her. He knew so little of her, and yet, it felt like he knew her so well. Maybe it was because she gave him a chance when no one else did, or it was the fact that she forced him to see the world in a different way. Whatever it was, the effect she was having on him was quite profound and he couldn't escape it.

'Don't you see me I think I'm falling.

I'm falling for you.

And don't you need me I think I'm falling, falling for you.

On this night, and in this light I think I'm falling.'

"UGH!" He tore the headphones out of his ears and stormed out of the room, down the hall and out onto the porch. He wanted to scream at the world, punch the wooden walls of the cottage until his knuckles bled or swim so far out into the ocean there'd be no return. He hated this feeling, yet at the same time, it was all he wanted. He wanted someone to be close to, but he was having a difficult time accepting this was all happening so fast.

Y/N was violently awoken by Keith's stampede down the hall out out the front door. Something must have yet again toyed with his emotions, and all the girl hoped was that Lance wasn't the cause. Before heading out after the dark haired boy, Y/N went to his room to grab the CD player.

"Y/N? What the—" Lance said groggily as Y/N opened the door and a small stream of light flooded the room

"You're dreaming...Shut up." She rolled her eyes, grabbed the player for the second time from Keith's bed and set out after him

 "Oh, okay." Lance agreed, gently placing his head back down on the pillow.

It didn't take long for Y/N to find Keith ambling aimlessly in the dark. She caught up to him and grabbed his arm, dragging him back towards the cottage. Normally, he'd put up a fight, but this time he didn't even question it. He wasn't too pleased to see where she had led him, though.

"I'm not much of a hammock guy..." Keith muttered, cringing at the thought of trying to force himself into the swaying piece of fabric.

"Keith, shut up. Just get in." Y/N grumbled and pushed him forwards. He did as told, seeing as how he didn't really have any other choice. The girl soon followed, climbing in after him and laying shoulder to shoulder. Keith's heart was pounding a little too fast and was glad when she handed him one of the headphones.

Keith realized he hadn't even shut off the CD player when he ditched it in his bed just a few minutes ago.

'Let me tell you 'bout this girl,'

Keith wanted to hit the skip button, all he was able to think of being you're kidding me, this song? Of all songs? Right now?

'I thought she'd rearrange my world.

Takes a particular type of girl.

To put my heart under arrest,

So why is this feeling on my chest?

Wide awake before I found you—'

Suddenly, the music fizzled out, but Y/N didn't react. Keith figured the batteries must've been dead, but didn't understand why Y/N wasn't saying anything or moving. That was, until he realized she'd already drifted off to sleep. 

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

232K 6.6K 25
We've been best friends since we were seven, then you ran away. I never knew what happened to you until that night when I finally saw you after so lo...
95.6K 2.1K 12
[ second place @voltron-wa winner 2017, oneshot category ] ❝Lately, I've been tossing, turning every night, thinking bout if I should call you up. Oh...
62.2K 1.8K 20
Y'all this shits cringe stop reading it pls 😭 Cover by: https://twitter.com/rainlikestars Lance, Shiro, Hunk, Pidge, and Allura are the five Paladin...
183K 3.9K 31
Voltron: Legendary Defender One-Shots. Requests are closed! ❌Disclaimer: If I see that this content has been plagiarised, I will not hesitate to repo...