T i m e l e s s {book one}

By weepingraine

"When you think you have forever with someone, you feel like the happiest person in the world. The truth is... More

➖chapter one➖
➖chapter two➖
➖chapter three➖
➖chapter four➖
➖chapter five➖
➖chapter six➖
➖chapter seven➖
➖chapter eight➖
➖chapter nine➖
➖chapter ten➖
➖chapter eleven➖
➖chapter twelve➖
➖chapter thirteen➖
➖chapter fourteen➖
➖chapter fifteen➖
➖chapter sixteen➖
➖chapter seventeen➖
➖chapter nineteen➖
➖chapter twenty➖
➖chapter twenty-one➖
➖chapter twenty-two➖
➖chapter twenty-three➖
➖chapter twenty-four➖
➖chapter twenty-five➖
➖chapter twenty-six➖
➖chapter twenty-seven➖
➖chapter twenty-eight➖
➖chapter twenty-nine➖
➖chapter thirty➖
➖sequel➖

➖chapter eighteen➖

427 39 0
By weepingraine

"Why did you ask me to come with you? And why do you think you have my support by going behind Stefan's back?" Davina sits in the backseat of Damon's car and looks between him and Elena.

"We asked you to come because we thought you would know a thing or two about how Jeremy's mindset is right now," Elena explains. She then bites her lip before glancing at Damon. "I can't force you to keep this from Stefan, but I'm asking you not to tell him. At least, not before I get the chance to."

"So, do it," Davina prompts.

"Not over the phone. I'll tell him, though, I promise," Elena swears.

Davina sighs and looks out the window in time to see Professor Shane leading Jeremy and Bonnie inside. "You've got to be kidding me. Professor Shady-Pants is here, too? My day just got worse."

"Sorry, I invited him," Elena tells her sheepishly. Davina looks exasperated by Elena's current behavior, so she gets out of the car and marches into the house.

"Okay, we are ready to get started, but before we do that, we need her," Professor Shane informs Jeremy and points to Elena, who's standing by the doorway with Damon. "In here."

"This is your house now, Jer. You have to invite me in," Elena murmurs.

"Go ahead, Jeremy. Invite her in," Davina remarks with fake enthusiasm.

"You can come in," Jeremy says after a moment. Elena enters the house with her bags. She looks at Jeremy before touching him on the arm. Once she sets her stuff down, Jeremy pulls a stake out and aims it towards Elena, who manages to disarm him as well as keep him in a chokehold.

"What a day for this," Davina mutters to herself.

———————————————————————————————————

Davina's lighting some candles while Professor Shane sets a pendulum up for the hypnotizing. Jeremy's currently strapped in a chair and seems to be in a trance.

"All Jeremy feels when he sees a vampire is the burning desire to kill them, even if he consciously doesn't want to," Shane explains.

"In your case, Elena, Jeremy's subconscious is calling the shots," Davina informs them as she finishes up with the candles. It felt like a manual labor kind of day.

"Persuasion helps reverse your subconscious thoughts," Bonnie says.

"Think of it as a conditioned response, okay? See vampire, kill vampire. What I'm doing is kind of creating a middle step. It's like a detour, where his subconscious learns to recognize you as someone he loves, someone he wants to protect. And that gives him a choice. He can choose to take the detour instead of the conditioned response."

"Alright, Elena, talk to him," Davina advises.

"I'm not sure what to say..."

"How about you start out with why you choose this as the location to do this in. Why your family vacation home?"

"Every holiday, we came here. This place was family. When Mom and Dad died, Jenna made us come here, and we thought it was an awful idea, but it was like they were here with us."

"Okay, Jeremy, how do you feel about Elena right now?"

"She ruined our lives. She's not even my real sister. She's just the reason why everyone I've ever loved has died. She means nothing to me. I will kill her, even if that means I die myself." Shane taps his knuckles on the table, waking Jeremy up from his trance. "Did it work?"

———————————————————————————————————

"Seems like disappointment is in the works," Davina remarks as she leans on the deck railing.

"You don't seem like the pessimist type," Shane replies as he comes over.

Davina glances at him before rolling her eyes. "Oh, I was hoping you were...anybody else."

"Funny. Can I ask why you hate me so much?"

"Can you give me a reason not to hate you? Look, main thing is, I don't trust you, plain and simple. There's something off about you," she muses.

"I could say the same about you. You're a one-thousand year old witch who came back into the world a couple months ago. And what are you doing? Helping a young vampire and her brother so that they can finally achieve a speck of happiness. Though, it looks like you're not receiving any yourself."

Davina scoffs and shakes her head. "Do you think I have evil intentions? Because if you do, you're sorely mistaken. I had no one. No one when I got out of that box. I thought the closest people to my family were dead. I ended up stumbling into a bar and met that young girl in there. She was kind to me, and so was Bonnie. We became close, and I'm happy to call them both my friends. You think I'm not happy, but believe me, you do not want to relive my worst days." With that, Davina simply ends the conversation by walking back inside.

———————————————————————————————————

Davina sits next to Elena on the couch after being told that Shane had already been to where the cure was located.

"Marvelous. Just when I thought he couldn't get any shadier," Davina comments, making Elena nod.

"Preach," Damon remarks when him and Shane enter the room. Shane takes a rock that he had and unwraps the cloth. "Wow, it's a rock."

"Not just any rock," Shane murmurs.

"Hm, so is this that silly wives tale that you told at the occult exhibit?" Damon walks over to the bar behind the couch and grabs some alcohol.

"Right, long story short, once upon a time, there was a witch named Silas who loved a girl-"

"Hit me up, Damon," Davina interrupts and goes over to the bar. She takes the glass of bourbon from his hand and sips it.

"Anyways, I was saying," Shane continues. "Silas loved the girl and wanted to be with her forever, so he and his best friend, another witch, made an immortality spell. His best friend got jealous and then killed Silas' girl before he had the chance to make her immortal. Well, cursed to an eternity without his one true love, Silas finds a way to reverse the immortality spell, but before he can take it, his ex-best-friend buries him underground, leaving him and the cure to rot."

"So, it's a cure for immortality?"

"Human blood is the life force for an immortal. No more immortality, no more need to feed on human blood. You dig up Silas, you've got your cure."

Davina scoffs before throwing her almost-empty glass of bourbon into the fireplace, causing it to flare up. "Don't forget the most important piece of information. He could kill us all." She stalks out of the room, very much pissed off at Shane. Her hate for the legend of Silas was monumental, and she just found out that the cure was buried with him. The cure that everyone was looking for.

———————————————————————————————————

"Caroline, I'm trying my hardest not to implode at the moment, so I hope you're calling about some good news," Davina says while standing on the deck once again.

"Depends on your definition of good. I know that daggers don't work on Klaus, but what if we put his essence in Rebekah? It'll work, right? Say it'll work."

"Woah, hold up. What the hell are you talking about?"

"Just, come on, Davina, will it work?"

"I don't see why not," she tells her slowly. "Do you mind telling me-"

"Uh, Davina Claire, I love you!"

"Nice to know. Do you need help with something? I've been wanting to ditch this cabin all day. P.S., Elena is also here and she's with Damon."

"What?! Have you called Stefan?"

"No, she asked me not to," Davina sighs.

"You know what, I can't deal with this right now," Caroline exclaims before hanging up. Davina stares at her phone for a minute before shrugging. She goes back inside the house when she sees Jeremy and Bonnie approach Elena.

"Elena," Jeremy nods. He currently has a stake in his hand when Damon comes up to him. "It's okay. I think we've got this."

"Elena, don't move, okay? No matter what," Bonnie tells her.

"Jeremy, remember the detour. Choose the right path," Shane reminds him.

Jeremy starts towards Elena, but Damon intercepts him. He holds out his hand, causing Jeremy to place the stake in it. He then walks over to Elena and stands in front of her before the two embrace, smiling.

———————————————————————————————————

Jeremy, Bonnie, Elena, and Davina are looking through the old Christmas decorations. Jeremy pulls out a strand of mistletoe, making Elena chuckle.

"Hey, check this out."

"Jenna used that to make out with Logan Fell," Elena explains. She takes the mistletoe with her to the porch, confusing Bonnie.

"What is up with her and Damon? I mean, I get they slept together, but what the hell are they doing now?"

"Very good question, Bonnie. We may never know," Davina replies. She looks inside the box and sees what looks to be a very old string of popcorn. "Oh, wow. This looks really...old."

Jeremy laughs and takes it from her. "Elena and I made this years ago. We wanted to put it on the Christmas tree, but Jenna saw that we kept eating off of it, so she put it in the box."

"Please tell me that you're going to throw it away," Bonnie states, also looking disgusted.

"No way! These are memories," Jeremy replies as he looks at the popcorn string fondly.

"Maybe we could get you some rotten cheese to go with that stale popcorn," Davina grins before elbowing Jeremy. The three of them chuckle and continue to shuffle through the miscellaneous decorations.

———————————————————————————————————

Davina gets in the car, along with Bonnie and Elena. Damon had finally invoked the sire bond, so she was basically leaving against her will. Jeremy and Damon would be staying to train.

"So, ladies," Davina prompts as she rests her elbows on the back of the two front seats. "Who's ready for some Christmas-carpool karaoke?"

Bonnie laughs and immediately turns on the radio. "Oh, you're so on. Elena used to hit me when I sang too loudly in her car."

"Elena, get with the program," Davina tsks. "Come on, start singing. Have yourself a merry little Christmas..."

"Let your heart be light," Bonnie continues on.

"From now on, your troubles will be out of sight," Elena sings, relenting.

"Have yourself a merry little Christmas," the three chorus and continue singing in the car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

704K 13.9K 96
Niklaus has been keeping a locked coffin with him for a thousand years. It is his older sister, who Mikael and Esther cursed into the coffin. They pu...
102K 1.5K 11
My name is Kaitlyn Patrova. Yes, Katerina Patrovas sister. I haven't seen my sister since she was banished from our village, due to boring a child ou...
266K 5.8K 10
Y/N and Elijah had been together before the curse of vampirism. But, after the children of Mikael were turned into vampires, Elijah and Y/N were kept...
81.5K 1.3K 41
"I want you. I want us. I want it all. With you. For Eternity." Davina Claire was a beautiful and carefree witch before she became a vampire. Beside...