Zayn Malik's Long Lost Sister...

Por HawaiianDreamer808

Marley is a young girl who, after 16 years, finally has the answers to the questions she had asked, her whole... Más

Zayn Malik's Long Lost Sister
2. Marley
3. Punished Warrior
4. The Nerve Of Some People & Links
5. '' No, no blood. ''
6. Donnie
7. He Still Likes Me More
8. A Guys Name
9. Baby Photo's
10. Tuna
11. Alyssa
12. Searching & Talking
13. As A Big Brother Should
14. Confessions
16. Rooms
17. Phone Call
18. Three Little Birds
19. Doing What You Don't
20. Marine Park After Dark
21. Hurtful Goodbyes
22. In Case
23. This Is It
24. Zayn
25. Louis, Niall, & Harry
26. Liam
27. Family
28. A Mothers Love
29. Hotel Room
30. The Locket
31. Free Hand
32. Liar
33. Surprisingly
34. Don't They Miss Me?
35. The Mall
36. Awkward Phone Calls
37. Zayn & Donnie
38. Guests
39. Setting You Free
40. The Edward Situation
41. Safaa & Therapy
42. Road Rage
43. Family Love
44. Unexpected
45. Patricia
46. English Rose
47. New Way Of Communication
48. Dinner With Perrie
49. The Club
50. Drunk Liam
51. Black Diamond
52. The Table
53. So Ridiculous That Its Stupid
54. Date Planning
55. It's A Good Morning
56. On The Road
57. Aquarium
58. Like Oprah
59. The Big House
60. Extended Family
61. Boyfriend Problems
62. Burning
63. Hospital
64. Pain and Eddie.
65. Where Is It?
66. Never Going Back
67. Roots Before Branches
68. Surprise
69. Hate
70. London
71. Hibiscus
72. Locked Doors
73. Passion
74. Embarrassing
75. Broken Trust
76. Landon
77. Go Away
78. Memories
79. Stained Glass
80. Strangers Masks
81. Calm
82. Jason and Emily
83. Thoughts and Opinions
84. Airport
Authors Note / Really Important
NEW BOOK/SEQUEL

15. Hero

7.8K 191 108
Por HawaiianDreamer808

Walking took nothing more than the movement of my feet, allowing my mind to wander to other things. Such as my other family. Zayn, Doniya, Waliyha, Safaa, and Patricia. Did they know their father? Our father? What have I ever done to have been given up so easily. I mean, clearly it must've been easy on her because she didn't even take the time to say a proper good bye. I know I was only just a baby, but some sympathy would've sufficed.

I started to think of the offer of Zayn wanting to fly me to the UK. I want to go, simply because I need the answers and if I do have other siblings, it'd be nice to see them. But the part of me thats denying is the part that is angry with Patricia. My whole life could've been so different, I wouldn't feel so alone, facing the horrors of life. I would've felt loved unconditionally and without hesitation. I would've had a family I know I deserve.

Being a family with my parents now, it wasn't like how I pictured others. Even Jackson, with his grandparents for guardians, lived a better family life than I ever did. With my little family, they raised me but I became something totally opposite of what they taught me. Money didn't guide my life; I did. They couldn't say the same for themselves.

And if they wanted me so bad as a baby, why try to raise me to be something that even I would hate?

But at least they wanted me.

...But I wasn't theirs. I still, legally, belonged to Patricia. My birth documents still in her hands.

My phone that I forgot was in my pocket, beeped once to let me know I had a new message. I pulled it out from my pocket and slid the lock across the screen, revealing a text from a number that wasn't saved into my phone.

''Hey, Marley. It's Edward. Martin gave me your number to check on how things are going. He told me you were going to ask them, so are you okay?''

I pulled up the keyboard and typed a quick message back to him.

''I'm fine.'' A woman's biggest lie tied up into two words.

I walked aimlessly while I wandered, not really having anywhere to go, in mind. I don't know if my parents are looking for me now, or giving me the space I need but everything seemed quiet. Or, as quiet as Florida could be after the sun goes down. My phone alarmed me with another beep.

''Are you home?''

''No.'' I kept my phone in my hand incase of any other texts.

I regretted not grabbing my coat at the front door as I crossed my arms over my chest. It wasn't cold, but this tank top was meant for inside, it being tight-comfortable fitted and just a bit small. I liked it, though.

Another beep.

''Would you like company?''

Would I? I think it'd be better to deal with this alone. I mean, I only actually just met him today. But, because of all the drama, I guess I feel as if I've known him for a while. And, I could use a mental release.

''Sure, where are you now?''

''Just finished up at work. Alyssa and I were going home since there wasn't much else to do.''

''If you'd like to go home, you can.''

I huffed and sat down on a park bench, not really paying attention to what park I was actually in. It felt as if I was walking for quite a while.

''Home is so overrated. Where are you?''

''In a park, somewhere.''

''That is the most detailed location ever.''

I rolled my eyes. ''Around the block from the marine park, smart ass.''

''Lmao, coincidence? I think not.''

What? ''What?''

I never got a text back of his response to what he meant.

I tried to occupy my mind, looking at uninteresting trees or rocks. Watched boringly as blades of grass danced in the slight breeze. But, then I looked up at the sky and sighed, disappointed. I thought of how much I wanted to see more stars than what the city lights would allow. The sky danced with orange from town while distant noises of horns honking, screaming voices, tiers screeching, even music, were heard.

Pity.

I heard the footsteps before I turned around on the bench.

"Hey, stranger." Edward said, coming up to me with his hands in his work pants pockets.

"Hey," I answered. I looked behind him quickly. "Where's Alyssa?"

"Home." He said simply.

"That was quick." I stated. He came around the bench to sit next to me.

"That's part of the coincidence." He smiled, bringing his hands out from his pockets and placed his elbows on his knees as he leaned forward, hands clasping together.

"Oh, really? What is it?"

"Back there, across the street," He motioned behind himself with his thumb, without looking. "That's my house."

I turned and looked, seeing the door just being closed. "I guess we don't live very far from each other."

"Really?"

"Yeah, it was only about a half hour power walk here."

"Power walk?" He asked, more serious.

"Yeah," I sighed. "I was anger walking."

"I'm gonna take a wild guess and say, 'you really are adopted'."

"I, uh..." I looked away from him, back to the uninteresting blades of grass that wasn't moving anymore. "I am. Technically." My voice thickened with emotion, I could both feel it and hear it, so I cleared my throat.

"You don't have to talk unless you want to."

I nodded. "Yeah, I don't know if I can do it right now." I whispered, shutting my eyes to focus on breathing deeply. My stomach felt as if it were turning.

We sat in silence, listening to each others breathing and felt the pathetic breeze brush by.

"Would you like to go inside?" He asked quietly, after a few moments.

"Uh, to your place?"

"Yeah, my mom probably has dinner ready. She was making pizza." He said, sounding more cheerful.

"No, I think I should head home. My parents must be freaking out." I sighed before standing up.

"I think they deserve to worry for you, just until dinner is over. Do you really wanna go back home?" He asked, getting to his feet.

I contemplated my options. I really didn't wanna go back to my parents where they'll drag everything on and try to convince me that I'm actually the one in the wrong. They've always turned the table on me, and they'll make me feel guilty for doubting and questioning their love for me. It wouldn't be the first that I ended up hating myself after a disagreement with them. I'm usually the one apologizing when it's all over.

"Pizza at your place sounds lovely." I smiled.

"Great, c'mon." He gestured me ahead as we started towards his house.

"So, what will I be expecting?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Will your mom smoother you with questions on who am I?"

"No," Edward chuckled, running his hand up through his hair. "She kind of knows you. Well, she knows Alyssa listens to you sing. I never knew until today that my mom actually likes your covers of songs."

"Does she really?" I asked, somewhat embarrassed. "What about just having been invited over? Wouldn't she be angry for that?"

"Of course not." He said in disbelief. "She likes when I bring people over. She says it feels like I think she's cool enough to have my friends around her."

"Oh." She already sounds so much more different from my own mom.

"Why do you ask?" Edward questioned, opening the diamond fenced in metal gate. I walked in and waited for him to close it back up before we walked up the short pathway to the front door. He stopped so I could answer.

"Well, because my mom never liked being blind-slided like that. I've actually never had a friend of my own over at my house. Half because my parents would freak, and half because of my embarrassment when they do. They'd press for information on who they were, the living state of which they come from. You know, check to see if they are to their liking. So, I always went over to my friends."

"Kena's never been inside?" He asked curiously.

"No. Once I asked if she could sleep over, I got grounded."

"For what?"

"Being too social. So, the only way I can see my friends is if I tell my parents I'm going to the library or work."

"But now all that's changed." Edward stated, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. His thumb lingered on my cheek. That's weird. "Are you ready to meet the horror that is my mom?"

"Horror-?" I started to ask, but the door swung open quickly and I was pulled in by Edward. I remembered my at-home shirt and pulled the hem down as far as it'll go, before pulling up at the top to cover the part of my exposed chest.

"Mom, I'm home!" He yelled through the house.

There was noise coming from everywhere, sounds of toys to the left, heavy breathing from what sounded to be a dog, metal clanking off to the right, foot steps heard running upstairs.

"Edward, get the twins ready for dinner, please." A older feminine voice called ahead. I looked up to find the eyes of a tired woman, wiping her hands on a dish towel. "Oh, hello." She greeted me, surprised.

I smiled. "Hello."

"I asked if Marley could stay for dinner, is that alright?" Edward asked, hanging his jacket up on the rack.

"Of course!" She said quickly, her eyes darting to Edward, then back to me. "Pardon my rude, but Marley... As in the singer from YouTube?"

"Yes, ma'am." I answered, with a slight dip of my head.

She held her hand out for me to shake, which I did. "Great to meet you, I'm a big fan." She hurried out. "Oh, God. I hope that's not weird. Is that weird for you?"

"No, no." I reassured. "It's nice to know."

"Alyssa talks about you a lot. And your eyes are so much more vibrant and pretty in person." She smiled. "Please, come in. Come in." Her hand went behind my back as she pulled me farther into the house. It was quite lovely. And lively. The presence of kids easily picked out because of the Lego pieces on the ground, but only a small boy was in the living room, attempting to sit on the back of a golden retriever, his scattered toys forgotten.

"Riley, no!" Edward's mom scolded as the little boy climbed down. He looked to be seven. "Where is your sisters?"

"Grace is upstairs with Alyssa-" Riley started to explain while collecting his Legos, but a loud thump from the floor above made us all stop.

"Mom, Grace stole my laptop!" Alyssa's voice called down to us.

"Come down, dinner is ready. Grace, give your sister back her laptop!" Their mother called.

"I'm so sorry." A hushed tone whispered close to my ear.

I quickly turned to see Edward's embarrassed pink splashed cheeks. I smiled. "It's okay. It's actually really nice."

"How is any of this nice?" He chuckled, scratching the back of his neck.

"Because I've never really seen a family as open with each other as yours."

Alyssa and Grace started to come down the stairs but both girls stopped when they saw me.

"Marley, hey!" Alyssa exclaimed, descending the rest of the stairs with Grace.

"Hi, again." I responded.

Grace and Riley must be the twins, they look around the same age. Unless there's another child around here somewhere. My eyes quickly darted around while I listened for anything.

Something nudged at the back of my knee and I turned my head to see the golden retriever. I looked back up at the family. Grace and Riley stood next to their mom, confused glances shot at me. Alyssa smiled nervously, probably about what happened earlier today. And their mom, who I haven't caught the name of, wore a very polite and welcomed smile.

"Uh," Edward said awkwardly before I felt his hand press to the small of my back. "Lets have some dinner, yeah? Wash up."

I was guided to the dining room with a black topper table set dead center. We all took turns quickly washing our hands before we sat down at the now crowded table, four boxes of large pizza already set on the top, napkins passed around instead of plates.

This dinner was different than any I have ever had.

This dinner was lively.

* * *

"Thank you again, Mrs. Dean. For letting me stay for dinner." I said politely, resting my hands in my lap after wiping off the pizza grease from my fingers.

"The pleasure was all mine, dear. And please, call me Heather." She smiled, standing from the table and waving the twins over to the sink to wash their hands and mouths. They climbed on a step stool and took turns with the faucet, while Heather was in charge of the nobs.

"Okay, Alyssa." Edward sighed, leaning back in his chair. "What's wrong? You haven't said a word to anyone during dinner."

And she hasn't. She kept her head down, her eyebrows furrowed. Dinner consisted of the twins asking me basic questions of how old I was, what my favorite color is, what I wanna be when I grow older. And Heather asked a few questions of her own, wondering how Edward ever found someone like me, to which we both replied 'Work'.

"Marley," Alyssa said, looking up at me. I haven't seen her eyes wander very far away from her food she was picking at. "I'm so sorry for starting trouble in your life. I really didn't mean to, I didn't mean to spread you throughout the fandom and expose your family for something I didn't exactly know was true. I'm sorry for earlier today and I'm so so very sorry for getting you in so much trouble with your parents that they kicked you out." Her voice shook with guilt and her eyes dropped back down to her cold pizza. She was making assumptions on why I was here.

"You spread my name around the fandom?" I asked, surprised.

"Yes, I tried to get all the Zayn girls on board with having you contact him, or he contact you. I'm sorry."

I looked to my right to see Edward in his chair next to me, then I got up from the table and walked to the other side of it, sitting in Grace's chair next to Alyssa. I turned in my seat to face her, but she wouldn't look my way. I placed a hand on hers that was in her lap.

"Alyssa," She finally looked up at me. "Don't be sorry. Don't be sorry about any of this, ever. You're my hero."

"But, I got you kicked-"

"No, you didn't. I left. I couldn't handle it."

"I made you run away from home?" She questioned, bits of tears balancing in her eyes.

"No, no. When I walked home from the park, I checked my YouTube inbox and it was blowing up with messages from fans of Zayn. I deleted them all and decided to search for my baby photos in my parents closet. But, before I left my room, I had another message."

"Zayn?"

I nodded. "He messaged me, wanting a confirmation on wether or not I am his sister that he was looking for. So, he asked me to Skype him-"

"Did you?!" She exclaimed. I could feel the audience around us, watching.

"I did. He was on my computer screen when I was looking for any proving pictures of my moms pregnancy or me in her arms at the hospital the day I was born. But all I got was when I was a few days old." I sighed. "But then Zayn showed me pictures of myself taken before the photos my parents have. Even a couple with me in the arms of Patricia the day she gave birth to me. The last one he showed me, I was wearing the same clothes as when my parents were holding me in the pictures of some of their first. They started taking pictures of me, the day they got me."

"Woah." Edward, Alyssa, and Heather said together.

"I'm not legally adopted, Patricia Malik still holds my birth rights and documents."

"Did you get to talk to her at all yet?" Edward asked.

"No, and I don't think I want to. But Zayn wants to fly me out to England-"

"When?" Alyssa interrupted.

"I'm not sure."

"Probably as soon as possible. From my gathered resources, he's been looking for you since even before the X Factor." She said, finally biting at the tip of her pizza.

"I'll give him a call in the morning. He must be sleeping by now."

"You'll be giving him a call?" I nodded. "He gave you his number already?!" I nodded again. Alyssa looked as if she was about to fan-girl the universe apart. But she took a calming breath and smiled. "Cool."

As Alyssa finished her first and last pizza, Edward was asked to take the twins upstairs to ready for their shower. I stayed seated until their mom started cleaning the kitchen.

"Oh, I'll help you, Mrs. Dean." I said quickly, standing and walking over to her side.

"That's very kind of you, but, please relax. You don't have to do anything." She said politely, smiling at me for a moment before turning back to doing the dishes. "And it's Heather."

"Right, Heather. Well, I insist." I smiled back, starting to wipe down the counters with cleaner and a clean rag.

"Thank you."

I turned my head to smile at her, but her eyes locked with Edward's who had quietly entered the kitchen. Her face looked approving until she looked back at me, seeing she has been caught.

I chuckled.

As we cleaned the kitchen in almost silence, I could feel eyes burning into the back of my head.

Alyssa sat up on one of the counters I just wiped clean, her feet kicking out one at a time while she watched me.

I looked back down at my working hands before meeting her gaze again.

"You okay?" I asked.

"It's just mind blowing. My mind is metaphorically all over the kitchen walls right now."

"Really? And why is that?"

"I'm in the presence of a MALIK! One who has had dinner in our very home! Not just that, but you're my biggest YouTube hero. I'm your biggest fan, along with your brothers."

I scoffed, unamused. "That's sounds so weird."

"What does?" Edward asked first.

"'Your brother'." I quoted.

Silence filled the room and I slowly turned back to finishing up my last counter. I leaned against it, my hands gripping the edge by my sides as I watched Edward dry and put the dishes away.

His face didn't look right. A different shade under these lights casted down from their small chandelier. A bit red, and with the last dish dried and put away, he turned to meet my stare.

"Would you like me to take you back home?" He asked, coming over to stand in front of me.

"What is home?" I sighed.

(Hai, everyone.

So, Hawaii has been experiencing a freak storm the past four days and I'm not sure when it will be over, but because of the storm, a lot of my time is spent inside so I'll be updating chapters for, hopefully, all the books! Woo-hoo. Well, I I'll when WiFi is blocked from the thick storm clouds >_\

Please, give this story a vote and check out my others before this one x

I love you guys so much. Have a beautiful day. Follow, share, vote, & comment.

Oh, and with the Inboxing and commenting, I do reply to all. Let me know what you guys think of anything? FEED BACK)

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

29.9K 939 35
Louis, Liam, Niall, Zayn attend London University and the 4 of them are liking the life in the educational lighting. Louis has a girlfriend named Ele...
7.4K 319 76
I'm a girl in a country I've never been before. I'm all alone and my goal is to start a new life with more adventure than my other regular boring day...
5.9K 158 27
Arianna Devine has had a tough life. Her parents had died in a car wreck when she was only six. Her and her brother, Josh, lived with her Aunt Jenna...
44.3K 435 47
Aisley has to live with her brother . Her brother is in the biggest boy band , One Direction . But , can you guess who ? Louis Tomlinson . She has to...