Gilmore Girls: One Shots/Stor...

By amethystjewel04

Ideas for upcoming stories(maybe) If there is a One Shot that you would like to become book, or to continue o... More

A Path Turned Difficult
Valentine's in the Vineyard
A Different Beginning
A Band Of Girls
New Lifestyle; New Love
Yale Alumni Party
You Are The Reason
Last Shot
Past Comes To Haunt

Unexpected Help

549 22 7
By amethystjewel04

Takes place after New Hampshire in the revival. Rory tells Lorelai and gets an unexpected answer. Rory runs away to an unexpected place that no one would guess. A day later everyone is panicking and Lorelai feels bad.

****

Sitting on the steps of the gazebo in the early dawn of the day that Lorelai and Luke are supposedly getting married, even after they already got married the night before.

Rory and Lorelai sat in silence. Rory had her personal phone in hand and a champagne bottle next to her that she didn't even touch, looking at the town she has grown up in with a tinge of sadness in her eyes. She knew she shouldn't of said no to Logan all those years ago and she knew that the Vegas deal was not what she wanted and she knew that saying goodbye to Logan that one last time was tearing her apart more than she knew. She knew all of these things, but the fact of how she felt to be pregnant and unmarried and the fact that she has to tell her mom and everyone about the baby scares her. The disappointment from everyone is what she feared, but mostly her mother's reaction is what scared her the most.

Lorelai was currently sipping champagne from last night. One bottle empty and another halfway. Lorelai scanned Stars Hollow, seeing it in a new light that she has never once seen before. She felt the nervous energy from her daughter and wanted to know what was going on in her head. She needed to ask, and so she did.

"Hey kid, what's going on in that head of yours?"

Rory was silent for a minute.

"I just want to remember it all."

Lorelai was then silent for a few minutes.

Rory's phone then buzzed, she looked and saw it was from Paul. She sighed.

"I can't believe I did that to him. I'm a horrible person."

"Who?"

"Paul. He just broke up with me over text. I deserved it though, after the way I treated him."

"Sweets, if it wasn't meant to be then it wasn't meant to be."

After a few moments of silence, Rory picked up all the courage she had left and decided to tell her mom the news.

"Mom?"

"Yeah?"

Rory hesitated.

"I'm pregnant."

Lorelai looked over at her daughter, mouth dropped in shock.

"Mom?" Rory asked wearily.

Lorelai was silent, the news sinking in.

"Please say something."

"I - I don't know what to say here Rory. It's a lot to take in.... but how could you be so irresponsible? I told you to not to be like me. This... this is just too much, I - I can't deal with this right now. I'm gonna go. I'll see you at the wedding. I just - I need some time to process this. In the mean time, I don't want to see you." Lorelai says and sets her now empty glass down next to her and brushes off her dress and starts walking away.

Rory had tears in her eyes, she was speechless. She sat there with silent tears falling down her face. She turned to her phone. She went to her contacts and scrolled down to the letter L. She needed someone to talk to, so she clicked to call Lane. Except the thing about that is she, unintentionally, clicked the wrong number.

"Well, well, well Ace. I didn't think I'd ever get to hear your voice again. Tell me, why are you calling me considering we just ended our deal a few lovely weeks ago." An all too well familiar voice answered.

Rory froze, she took her phone away from her ear to see if she wasn't hearing things. And on her screen was his picture of him smirking along with his name shining brightly in front of her eyes.

"Ace? You still there?" Logan sounded very concerned after such a long pause.

"Crap." Rory muttered under her breath, hoping he wouldn't hear.

"Hey...." Rory said weakly as she put the phone back to her ear.

"Hey Ace. What's wrong?"

"Oh uh, nothing. Nothing's wrong." Rory said sniffling a bit.

"Rory. Talk to me."

"It's nothing really. Me and mom just had a little disagreement and right now I am going to go talk to Lane so bye!"

And she immediately hung up, she was very nervous of hearing his voice once again after what felt like so long.

Rory then picked herself up and made her way to Lane's.

She knocked frantically.

"Lane! Lane! I need your help!"

Lane rushed to the door.

"What?! What's wrong?!"

Rory came in and they sat down in the kitchen.

"Me and mom had a argument and when I was going to call you I accidentally called Logan and I didn't know what to say really and after I couldn't take it of hearing his voice, I hung up. I don't know what to do Lane!"

"Woah, slow down. What did you and Lorelai argue about?"

"Okay, um Lane. Promise you won't freak out."

"I promise."

"I'm pregnant."

"Congratulations Rory! That's good news. It is good news, right?"

Rory nodded, "I guess. I mean this child was made from love. And I don't want to get rid of it."

"So the father is Logan, right?"

"Yeah, but I don't know what to do. Mom freaked out and doesn't want to see me, nor speak to me at the moment and I don't know if I should tell Logan or not."

"Well for one, you should definitely tell Logan. He has a right to know about his child."

"I know I just - ugh! This is so frustrating!... Wait. What time is it?"

"9:58. Why?"

"The wedding! Oh no. Grandma. I got to go. See you in a few hours!"

Rory rushed to the house and she heard Emily's voice in the living room so she made her way to the back. She sneaked in and went into her room where her dress and all the things that she needed laid out on her bed and desk.

She locked her door and changed.

She wore a dark blue knee length vintage dress that was covered in lace. Her 3 inch simple silver strap heels complimented the dress and matched with the silver dangling earrings. The make up was simple and gave a more natural look. Her hair was curled and pulled back by diamond pins. She looked at herself in the mirror and looked down at her stomach. Even though she wasn't showing yet. She didn't know what she was going to do to hide the fact that she can't drink.

"Rory dear? Are you in there? We need to go or we are going to be late. Your mother already left in the first carriage with your grandfather."

Rory went over to the door and opened it.

"I'm ready grandma."

"Oh Rory. You look lovely! And you look positively glowing! Now we must be off!"

Emily and Rory went towards to the carriage that awaits them. They hop in and the ride was silent for a few minutes.

"Grandma. I need to tell you something. Something really important."

"Oh? And what would that be?"

"I don't really know how to say this... But I'm- "

"We have arrived." The carriage driver announced, cutting off Rory.

"Can you tell me later? At the reception perhaps? The wedding is about to start."

"Yeah, sure." Rory said.

Rory then got in place and plastered her society smile on her face.

And the wedding began.

The reception took place in the town square as well, and Rory was sitting down with a glass of champagne so she wouldn't look suspicious. She couldn't take it anymore. All the happiness swirling around her and her mother pretending she's not there. She already said her speech about 10 minutes ago and now random towns people are stepping up to speak.

Her hormones were taking the better of her and so she ran.

She set her glass down and headed straight to her car. She had nothing with her. No phone, no luggage, no money, nothing. She just drove. Tears were in her eyes as she just drove off. She didn't know where she was going, but her heart seemed to be guiding her to where ever she needed to be.

She pulled onto a driveway, a driveway that she hasn't seen in so many years.

She parked the car, grabbed her keys and exited the car. Heading to the door.

Rory had tear stains down her face as she rung the doorbell.

A maid answered the door.

"How can I help you?"

"Is a Christopher Hayden resident here? He's my father, and I really need to speak with him." Rory said trying to muster all the courage she had left.

The maid nodded and she showed her into the living room where Chris was speaking with his mother.

"Mr. Hayden, someone is here to speak with you." The maid said.

Chris turned and saw a heartbreaking sight.

"Ror? What are you doing here? And all dressed up?"

"Dad. I - I I'm sorry to come here so out of the blue. But I - I had no where else to go. An - and I couldn't stay there. With mom. I just couldn't." Rory cried.

Rory then fell to her knees and sobbed. Chris hurried to her side and hugged her.

"Hey, hey it's okay. Cry it out and then we talk okay?"

Rory nodded and sobbed into her dad's chest.

Francine Hayden's heart softened at the sight of her only granddaughter in the arms of her father crying over something that must have went down badly with her mother. She slowly sneaked out of the room and went to her husband's study.

"Fran, what's wrong?" Straub says looking at his wife's face.

"Rory, our granddaughter, came here. She needed to speak with Chris I guess, but the situation seemed bad. She said something about her mother but that's all before she started to cry."

"Hmm. I wonder what Lorelai did to make her upset."

"Yes, that's the question that needs to be answered."

---

"I love the married life." Lorelai says snuggling into Luke's embrace as they sit back and watch a classic.

"We've only been married a day." Luke say kissing her on the top of her head.

"So?"

"Hey, where's Rory? I haven't seen her since she gave her speech."

"Oh. I don't know. Maybe she just wanted to leave us alone for the night before we leave for our honeymoon."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

Luke knew something must have happened but he didn't want to push her on it.

---

After Rory hung up very quickly, Logan knew something was wrong. He sat back in his seat and sighed. He looked up at the bed in front of him. He was in the hospital. Well, Odette was.

He had to be there as it was his responsibility to be there for her.

Odette was in an accident, and was currently sleeping after her second emergency surgery.

Logan sighed, he didn't want to be there.

"Pierre?..." Odette groaned in pain, her eyes still closed.

Logan raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

"Ow! Ow! That hurts!" Odette hisses in pain as she clutches her stomach where her stitches were.

"You okay?" Logan asked.

Odette snapped her head up to the sound of a voice. Her eyes narrowed, "Oh. It's you."

"Yes. Your lovely fiancee is here to support your health." Logan glared.

"I'm fine." She muttered.

"Clearly you're not, those stitches must be hurting you, so I'll get the doctor."

Odette briefly nodded.

Logan left the room.

When he and the doctor came in 15 minutes later, they see that Odette was crying. A nurse was checking her chart and trying to calm her down. It seemed the nurse explained what happened in her surgery.

"My babies! My babies are gone!" Odette wailed.

"What is she talking about?" Logan asked the doctor.

"Oh, well you see during the first surgery there were some complications, but we handled it. But something was went obviously wrong as when she awoke she was in pain in the lower abdomen. So we took her in for the second emergency surgery, and we found the problem, but the problem ended up us having to remove her ovaries."

"I see..." Logan mutters.

"Her hormones may be unbalanced and she may have trouble sleeping, among other things."

Logan nodded, he knew that her not being able to have kids is not going to make the dark lord happy.

"She will be able to go home sometime next week."

"Okay, thank you doctor."

The doctor did a check up on Odette, while Logan sneakily steps out and went to answer some calls along with agreeing to meet up with his dad for lunch.

[A/N: I'm not great at medical things so...]

---

Rory's cries calmed down and she released the hug she and her father were in.

"Thank you dad." Rory sniffed.

"Hey, it's okay. Now what happened with Lorelai?"

"Um, well... can I tell you something? And don't get mad at me. Please."

"Rory, you're my daughter. I won't get mad at you."

"I'm pregnant." Rory muttered with tears brimming her eyes.

"And I'm guessing she didn't take it well?"

Rory shook her head.

"I see. I'm here for you kiddo. Have you told the father?"

"No. And I don't know if I'm going to tell him."

"You have to tell him Rory. He has to know."

"I know. I just - It's complicated dad. He's marring someone else! I don't want to ruin his life and that dynastic plan." Rory says with tears falling down once again.

"Wait what? Marring someone else? Dynastic plan? Rory, what is going on?"

"It's complicated." Rory muttered.

"It sounds like it." Chris laughed lightly

"Yeah.... I just don't know what to do dad. Mom won't talk to me, I ran out of Luke and mom's wedding reception without looking back and came here out of all places, I even left all that I have there, I have no change of clothes, I have no phone, I don't even have a place to stay. I only have my car." Rory explains with tears still brimming her eyes, she was very emotional at the moment.

"Hey, hey, hey. Rory you can stay here, it's totally fine."

"What? Dad, no, I can't stay here."

"Yes you can, there is a room here you can stay in."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure. I'll show you to your room and you can relax, take a shower and I'll have mom bring something you can sleep in okay?"

"Okay. Thank you dad. It means so much."

"Your welcome kid."

Father and daughter duo hug and then head up to Rory's room that she will stay in.

Chris goes to his father's study and finds both his mom and dad there.

"Hey mom, can you bring Rory something to sleep in? She's in the Blue Rose bedroom that no one has slept in since Lorelai stayed over that one time in high school."

"Okay, but come talk to me tomorrow morning. I'm going to go to bed."

Chris nodded. Once Francine closed the door Chris turned to his father.

"Dad, Rory needs a place to stay for a while. Lorelai didn't take her news well and they aren't on good terms right now. She left everything behind and came here. She only has her car with her."

"Hmm. What did Rory tell her mother?"

"It's her news to tell, but I was thinking that Rory should become more apart of the Hayden side and maybe be our heir. I've been thinking about it ever since Gigi was proved to actually not be mine, dad."

"Son, I know what you mean, but it's not something I can decide for you. You have full power to choose your heir."

"Really?"

"Yes. I'm not going to be around forever and my fortune goes to you when I'm gone. Your mother's will also go to you or to Rory. She chooses whatever. Your fortune goes to the heir. In the case that Rory does become the Hayden heir, she will inherit Francine's fortune, your's and mine. The whole family fortune. And plus her being the only Gilmore heir possibility she inherits their fortune as well. She'd be known as the first ever double-heiress of Hartford. Rory would end up becoming CEO of Hayden Law and to do that she'd have to take law school. I can pull some strings to enroll her at Harvard or Princeton. Or online courses are a choice as well. How does that sound?"

"I'll talk to Rory tomorrow when she is well rested. Oh and if she accepts, make schooling flexible, because you've been promoted to a great. Good night dad."

Chris went to bed smiling about a grand-kid and never in his life would he imagine himself in his 40's and a grandpa.

Straub was confused on what Chris meant by great, but continued on work then went to bed.

****
Okay okay I'm so so sorry! This is all I have at the moment. School started today and let's just say 9th grade is going to be a bit stressful. Updates are going to be postponed for a while. I dont know how long exactly

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 2K 37
Just a bunch of Chenford oneshots, feel free to request
691K 20.9K 132
Hi! this book is where im going to put my random ideas and publish them for all of you to see. What ifs,oneshots and other stuff is probably what you...
59.4K 1.5K 45
Just some cute one-shots of Peter and MJ. I will be taking requests!!
54.7K 932 31
Cute Julien Baker one-shots. I'll take suggestions if you have any.