Paradise: A Brittana Fanfic

By thekid05

AU. Brittany and her family relocate to Hawaii. She meets a intriguing local girl who turns her world upside... More

Kamuela
CC Jons
Kiholo
Haole
Palehua
Kohala
Hana Hou
Homecoming
October 15, 2006
Mauna Kea
Laupahoehoe Point
New Years Eve
Pahoa Tournament
Waiakea
Waimea Wooden Playground
Konawaena
Waipio Valley
Hi'ilawe
The Valley
Spring Formal
Her Past
Beer Pong
Argument
Coming Clean
Hear Me Out
Senior Game
Secrets & Stories
Fishing Tales
Questions
Worry
Truth Be Told
Uncle Ben's
Recovery
BIIF Championships
85
Changes
States Pt. 1
States Pt. 2
Champions
Mana Road
Puddle Action
Pualena
Graduation

Pololu Valley

7.5K 114 91
By thekid05

Winter break came out of nowere. It was now the last day of school, and Brittany couldn't contain her excitement, and found herself telling Santana how excited she was. Every. Single. Day. The brunette didn't mind at all, it was actually pretty cute.

"One more day. One more San and I'll get to see Quinn again." What she didn't know was that Quinn and Santana had worked out a plan to surprise Brittany and Rachel the night before she was supposedly coming to Hawai'i. Rachel still had no idea, so the girls took advantage of that. "Tonight we're having that dinner right? At Ken's?"

Ken's House of Pancakes was undoubtedly Brittany's favorite sit-in restaurant. Because it was in Hilo, she didn't get to go as much. So when Santana said that she wanted to go on the night that school was let out for winter break, she said yes without hesitation.

"Yes. You're riding with Rachel there though, cause I gotta pick my aunt up from the airport so I'll just meet you guys there keh?" Brittany nodded. "I will see you later okay? I have to help my mom run some errands. Her car is down again, I told her for just get one new car but she never listens to me."

They kissed once and Santana headed in the direction of the parking lot. Rachel was sitting down on the stairs, staring down at her phone. Brittany walked over to her and noticed that she was looking at a picture of Quinn. "You alright, Rach?"

Startled, she quickly clicked the home button. "Yeah, I'm good. Quinn's super busy today I guess, I mean she hasn't texted me since like this morning."

"I'm sure she's got her reasons. Senior year must be crazy up there. Especially since she's captain of the basketball team this year." Rachel nodded, but had the look of discontentment written all over her face. "You aren't doing anything wrong, Rachel. Trust me if something was wrong then she would've told me and she has said nothing but good things when it comes to you."

Brittany sat next to her and pulled out her phone. "She'll kill me for showing you this, but look." She scrolled down to show Rachel that all Quinn had been talking about for the past few weeks was her. There was a few mentions of basketball and their friends here and there, but majority of the conversation was Rachel.

"I just wish I could meet her, you know? That way I know that all of this, is real." Brittany smirked, knowing that her best friend was coming in tomorrow. But little did either of them know, the excitement was just beginning.

---------------

Around 4:00, Rachel and Brittany headed for Ken's. They talked about what they were going to eat that night and what they wanted to do after. Rachel had a nice car as well, a black 2005 Honda Civic Ex.

"Did you ever go to coconut island?" Brittany turned towards Rachel. "I'll take that look as a no. It's this little island just off of the shore in Hilo. It has this cute little bridge connecting to it. I was thinking we could go there tonight and have a couple beers."

"Sounds nice. How do you guys even get all the beer? I mean, it's not like you have fake ID's or anything, everyone basically knows you guys."

"My older cousin. My dad's are aware that I drink and we've talked about it. Like they don't have a problem with it, as long as I'm responsible and that makes them sound like horrible parents. But I mean, I'd prolly still do it even if they didn't approve." She was right, and Brittany knew it. "I already have some in the cooler in the back chillin' till we pau with dinner."

They reached Ken's around 4:50 and parked not to far from the front doors. Brittany sent Santana a text letting her know that they were going inside to get a table.

Alright babe. I'll be there soon. (:

The girls walked into the restaurant and approached the hostess. "Welcome to Ken's House of Pancakes. How many?"

"3."

"Alright right this way, I'm guessing the last person is on their way?" The walked behind the hostess.

"Yes ma'am." They sat in the booth and the lady placed 3 menu's down on the table. Rachel scooted in the booth first, followed by Brittany. Conveniently, they were both facing away from the front door.

"Your waiter will be right over to help you. Enjoy your dinner."

"Thank you," They replied.

"I'm thinking about getting the sumo loco moco. San and I can share. She can't ever go without rice." Brittany put her menu down on the table and pulled her phone out of her pocket. "What are you getting?"

"I'm not sure yet, maybe a burger and some fries."

Just parked, be in soon.

"Santana just got here. She better hurry up too, I'm hungry."

A couple minutes later, Santana walked in with Quinn directly behind her.

"Oh there you guys are." She sat in the booth directly across of Brittany. "I think you may want to sit on this side, babe."

"What? But you always like me sitting on this side." Quinn creeped up behind her. They were about to reveal the surprise. The butterflies were flying around in Quinn's stomach. Not only because she was going to see her bestfriend for the first time in months, but because she was about to meet Rachel for the first time. She dreamt about this day, wondering how Rachel was going to take the surprise. She hoped that she'd be excited and jump into her arms.

"Because. Wouldn't you want Quinn to sit next to Rachel?" Brittany's face lit up. She turned her head and saw Quinn standing in the isle. She was wearing skinny jeans, vans and a faded Nirvana shirt from Hot Topic.

"Are you guys serious?!" She stood up and jumped on her bestfriend. "What are you doing here?"

"Did you want me to go home or something?" She chuckled. "I talked to Santana a couple weeks ago to set this all up." She turned to Rachel, who was in complete shock. She couldn't tell if she was happy or not. "Hey, Rachel."

A smile broke through her expression-less demeanor. Rachel got up and they hugged. She released and stepped back a little. She was crying. The emotions had overwhelmed her.

"Why are you crying, Rach?" Quinn placed her hands on her shoulders and tried to look into her eyes. But she was looking down, trying to wipe her eyes.

"Cause. I'm just happy, that's all." She turned to Santana and pointed. "You're a fucker, you know that."

"Me? I didn't do it. It was her idea." She pushed the blame onto Brittany, who threw her hands up.

"You can't blame me, I was part of this surprise. I did however, know that she was coming down for winter break." The girls sat down and they all enjoyed a wonderful dinner. It couldn't have gotten any better. Brittany had her best friend there, her girlfriend and now Rachel wasn't a third wheel.

When they finished and paid for their meal, Brittany and Quinn went to the bathroom while the two other girls waited for them outside. They were washing their hands when Quinn caught Brittany looking at her in the mirror.

"What's up, B?" She grabbed a piece of paper towel from the dispenser and wiped her hands.

"Nothing. I mean, it's just surreal. I mean, did you ever picture us here?"

"In... A bathroom?"

"No. I meant here. In Hawai'i. Of all places you know?" Quinn nodded, noting that Brittany had a point. Up until this past summer, their plans for senior year seemed set. Quinn had cheerleading, basketball then softball while Brittany played only softball but trained year round for it. But when Brittany announced that she was moving to Hawai'i, she didn't know how she was going to make it through the year. There was a lot of pressure on her and usually Britt was there to help her through it. But now there were thousands of miles between them and a five hour difference.

"It definitely is something that we could have never came up with on our own." Brittany was fixing her hair in the mirror. "That's for sure."

"I'm excited that you're here though, I can't wait to show you all the places I've been to."

"Oh I'm sure Rachel has something planned. We'd always talk about stuff like if I came down here. Now she has the chance to show me."

They walked out of the bathroom and found Santana and Rachel sitting on the back of her truck.

"You guys ready to go? We heading down to coconut island." Brittany had almost forgotten about going. They split up, and headed down to the park in their respectable cars.

Once there, they parked as close to the bridge as possible. Santana grabbed her cooler from the bed while Brittany put on one of her hoodies. It was a little cold out that night, but beautiful nonetheless. The sky was clear and there were tons of stars up in the sky. Rachel and Quinn made their way onto the bridge first. The fact that they were now holding hands didn't go unnoticed and all Brittany could do was smile.

"Look at them. I'm happy for them." Santana interlocked her fingers with Brittany's now, and they walked onto the bridge. "The surprise was great, babe. I had no idea."

"The look on your face was priceless and something I'll remember forever. It was totally worth it."

Santana brought Brittany over to a bench that was right on the shore.

"I have an idea. I know that they're guarantee gonna kiss tonight. Now, being that Rachel interrupted what should've been our first kiss in the ice pond I think it's only fair that we intrude on their first."

Brittany smiled, knowing how bummed out she was when a drunk Rachel unknowingly ruined their first kiss. She was never mad about it, but it sounded fun. They set their beers down on the bench and slowly made their way over to where the two other girls were. As their faces got closer, Santana nudged Brittany.

"Rachel! Rach! Where you stay?" She smiled, and shook her head.

"Ha very funny, San. Asshole." Rachel grabbed Quinn's face and kissed her anyway. "Santana's still mad that I got in between her and Brittany's first kiss."

After laughing about it for a couple minutes, they walked back over to the bench and picked up their beers.

"You were mad, huh?"

"Fuck yeah I was. I was crushing on you, and she knew that if I disappeared with you somewhere it was because I was gonna make my move."

"Make your move? I recall me taking you to the ice pond." Santana moved closer to Brittany and put her arm around her.

"Yeah but I made the first move when we were in the water, don't forget."

"And don't forget who kissed who on the back of your truck." Santana turned, jaw dropped. "You know I'm right."

"I know you are. And let me tell you, I had butterflies after that. I couldn't stop thinking about it." Brittany had never asked her about that night before, that whole weekend was filled with all sorts of emotions. "It's getting late though, we should get going soon."

They all regrouped and each opened a beer except Quinn. She was more of a hards drinker, and beer would be the one thing she'd drink if there wasn't anything else left and she wanted her buzz to keep going. So she just held up a bottle of water.

"Here's to the next three weeks. Let's make it unforgettable." Santana held up her bottle, and everyone followed.

Brittany knew that the upcoming weeks were going to be amazing. Nothing could've prepared her for what was going to happen.

---------------

A couple days after the night of the dinner, Santana and Brittany were down in Kona at the batting cages. They went whenever they got the chance. It was a particularly hot day, but nothing compared to the heat in Oklahoma. Rachel and Quinn were staying at the Hilton with Rachel's dads for the weekend so they didn't plan anything with them for Saturday. Sunday they were all going to meet up and go fishing down in Kawaihae.

The first time they went to the batting cages together, Santana didn't want to give up her bat. She had her own personal one, a Easton Synergy Composite bat. It was beautiful. Whenever Brittany would hit it on the sweet spot she wouldn't feel a thing. It wasn't too heavy or too long, which was rare for her since she was so tall. She could never find a bat that was a good match for her. But this one was, and she couldn't understand how Santana could use it since she was a couple inches shorter than her. The sun was beating down on them, and beads of sweat was dripping from Brittany's temple as she watched her girlfriend practice her swing. It was powerful, and her form was flawless. She could only imagine the kind of damage she does on the field. The machine slowed down, and Santana came running over to where Brittany was leaning on the fence.

"Do we have any more tokens?" She searched her pockets and came up empty. "Aw man. Alright well I guess we pau then."

They had been at the batting cages for almost two hours, which was short compared to the few other times they came together. But because it was already late in the afternoon they figured they should call it a day and get something to eat.

"Where do you want to eat?" Santana was putting her bat back into her bag as they walked back to her truck. "I was thinking Pandas or something."

"Oh yeah. Some beef broccoli sounds pretty good right now."

"Okay. I wanna grab something from Genki Sushi too, I feel like eating some poke (poh-keh). Some Spicy Ahi (yellowfin/bigeye tuna) sounds ono right now." Santana licked her lips, her mouth watered just a little.

"What's that?" Brittany had been in Hawai'i for a few months now, but she has never heard Santana mention, poke.

"It's gonna sound super disgusting, but it's raw fish." Brittany made a face, and she started to laugh. "I told you. It's not bad for you or anything. I love eating it. It can just be expensive to buy all the time. That's why I rarely get some."

They made their way up to the shopping center near Sports Authority where all the food places were. Brittany went into Panda's while Santana went to Genki's a couple stores down. They met up at one of the tables outside and sat down. Brittany got her usual, a two-choice plate with chow mein, beef broccoli and mushroom chicken. She was interested to see what Santana's food looked like.

"What?" Santana watched her girlfriends eyes as she took her poke bowl out of her plastic bag. She popped the cover off of the container and moved it closer to Brittany. "You wanna try um?"

"Not just yet. I wanna smell it." She picked the bowl up off of the table and brought it closer to her nose. She could definitely smell the spicyness, but surprisingly it smelt good to her. "Do you mind?"

Santana handed her the fork and she grabbed a small piece on the edge of the bowl. When she put it in her mouth, she immediately spit it out.

"It's different huh? Let me guess. It's the texture."

"Yeah! I mean it tastes alright, it isn't for me though." Santana took her bowl back from Brittany and they ate and talked about what they were doing in the morning before they headed down to Kawaihae to meet Quinn and Rachel.

"I think you should show me something new."

"Oh? I can do that. I hope you're ready, it may be one of the greatest things you see." Brittany smiled, knowing that Santana was going to live up to what she was saying. But the only question was, what was it? Tomrrow couldn't come any faster.

The next morning, they got up a little earlier than they usual. Santana told Brittany that they were going somewhere that she enjoys going when her and Rachel need to have serious conversations or when she needs a little get away. Granted, she has a bunch of other places on the island that she likes going to but this one was definitely number three on her list. She was saving number one for a later time. Before leaving, Santana placed four fishing poles, two spears, her fins and into the bed of her truck along with a tacklebox.

"Where are we going?"

"Back up to Kohala, there's something I want to show you." The drive was maybe thirty minutes or so from Santana's house, but Brittany didn't mind at all. She remembered seeing the luscious green pastures with horses running free.

They drove through town this time, and kept on going until they got to the end of the road. There were maybe three or four cars parked, and a couple bicycles.

Santana jumped out of the truck, and came around to Brittany's side. She opened the door and held out her hand.

"Close your eyes, I don't want you to see until I'm ready for you to." Santana covered her eyes with her hands and and they walked across the road together. She sat Brittany on the stone wall. "Are you ready?"

Santana moved her hands and Brittany opened her eyes. It was the most amazing thing she had ever seen since she moved to Hawai'i.

"This is Pololu Valley. It's beautiful isn't it?" Beautiful didn't even begin to describe it. Everything was green. She could see people down in the valley, walking along the beach. "My dad loves coming down here when he goes on leave. We hike down into the valley and just spend time together."

"Can we go down there?" Right after Brittany finished her sentence it started to drizzle. "Okay nevermind maybe another day." Within seconds, it started to pour.

"Well that pretty much came out of nowhere." They buckled up as Santana started the truck. "I was planning on going down into the valley, that's why I had us get up a little earlier."

"We can always go another time, don't worry. It was beautiful though."

As they drove down the road, Brittany saw the road they went down that headed towards the little airport. She flashed back to the day that Santana had her take the both of them there.

My first brought me up here to tell me how she felt about me and since then, whenever I pass this place while driving I always think of her. But- now when I pass it, I'll be thinking of you.

She was lost in her thoughts for so long that when she finally came to, they were just pulling into the harbour. It was sunny, which was odd because not ten minutes ago they were in a mini rainstorm.

"You alright, babe? You been really quiet."

"I'm good, just thinking. That's all." Rachel and Quinn pulled in a little bit after they did and they all walked over to the shore together. Santana and Rachel were going to go for a quick dive. That gave the two girls time to catch up on things without being interrupted by anything else.

"Alright. You guys can fish anywhere just watch our little buoys. They'll be directly over us so that you know where we are at all times. I don't wanna get tangled in your fishing lines." Santana was sitting at the bottom of the stairs now, putting her fins on. Rachel was already in the water, swimming around. "See you after, beautiful." And with a wink, she put her mask onto her face and hopped into the water.

"She is perfect for you, Britt. I have never seen you this happy before. You're basically glowing."

"I could say the same about you. I saw you two earlier, all close together and being all intimate." Quinn looked down as if she were a little embarrassed. "It's alright, you don't have to be shy about it. It's nice to see you around someone that makes you feel good."

"I don't want this three weeks to end, Britt. I want it to keep on going forever. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when I actually have to get on that airplane and fly back to Oklahoma." They were sitting on the wall with their lines in the water, watching as the two girls swam out farther into the water. "She's been, amazing. This whole experience is just so mind blowing."

"I think that everyday, Q. I mean, I know I'm not leaving anytime soon but... Just that I moved here a couple months ago and I've already found myself in love with a girl that I met on the first day of school. It just feels like I'm in some kind of movie. You know?" Quinn's face had that expression again. She only saw it once in a great while, but it was approving. Not that Quinn didn't approve of a lot of things but when it came to love it was hard to get her on board with some things. "I'm guessing you have nothing to say about me being in love with Santana?"

"Have you told her?"

"No, I haven't. I'm afraid that if I tell her then she'll get scared and leave or something. I don't want that."

"But if it's what you feel, you can't help it."

"I know that but I'll just wait a little longer."

"That's up to you. I mean, I don't think that Rachel and I are anywhere near love but with the path that we're on it could lead up to that. The distance is what's going to kill it, though."

The buoy's were coming in closer to the stairs now.

"Don't mention what I said to Rachel, because knowing her she's going to just go off and tell Santana without realizing it."

Quinn laughed, knowing that was true. Rachel wasn't one to keep a whole lot of secrets especially if it had something to do with Santana.

Santana's netted bag was full of fish this time, and one creature that Brittany had never seen up close before. They walked over to the girls to see what they caught.

"Is that a.."

"Yup. My first tako. I never thought I'd be able to get one on my own. My dad usually showed me were the holes were but I got this guy right here."

"Tako?" Quinn was confused.

"Yeah, tako means octopus in japanese."

They put their catches in the cooler that was filled with ice and went back over to their girls. It was about 2:00 p.m now and it was super hot.

Santana's text message tone went off, and she went back to her truck to check what it was.

"Rach! Try come." She ran over to the truck. Brittany didn't know what they were doing, but after talking for about five minutes- they high fived and headed back towards the shore. "Any luck?"

"No we haven't caught anything yet." Rachel reeled in Quinn's line to see what could have been going wrong.

"I'm guessing you guys haven't gone fishing much?" They both shook their heads. "I could tell." She lifted the line out of the water. The hook was missing. "It probably wasn't tied good. That's why you guys haven't got anything."

Brittany did the same to check her line and low and behold, her hook was missing too. "Damn what the fuck? I thought I tied it on their good too."

Santana showed them how to the hook on. They baited it and then threw their lines back in and within minutes, they each had their first catch of the day.

Around 4:30 the girls decided that it was time to head out. They cleaned up their area and decided that they were all going to meet up at the food court in Waimea.

As they left the harbor, Brittany remembered the two girls high-fiving after receiving a text message. "What was the high five for earlier?"

"Oh it wasn't anything, don't worry about it. Me and Rachel just figured out where we taking you guys tomorrow."

"What where?"

"Well it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you. Just, make sure you have some warm clothes when we go. That's all I have to say about that."

Warm clothes? But it was hot as hell every single day. It was winter break but that didn't mean that it was cold. Maybe there was a ice skating rink on the island somewhere that Brittany didn't know about. Santana had her thinking now and all she wanted to do was bug her with questions but she knew not even that would make her budge. Once Santana had something in mind, she stuck to it. Especially if it were a surprise or something that she wanted to show Brittany.

The next day would be a memory that Brittany and Quinn would never forget.

---------------

Words

I don't know if I used this word before, but

Ono (sort of like it's spelled, oh-no) means delicious, good.

---------------

FEEDBACK AND VOTES MAKE ME HAPPY :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.6K 831 49
Riley Hummel used to be known as the popular girl who was dating a football player. That was until she joined Glee Club with her brother. Everything...
672 28 3
A year has passed from the blonde and brunette's breakup and Santana Lopez and Brittany S Pierce are in separate relationships, Brittany and Sam are...
6.2K 173 33
This story follows on from my first story and the lives of our favourite glee couple! Six years into married life, three kids and taking on the world...
23.3K 643 11
(COMPLETED) Santana is starting college with her best friend Quinn. Quinn quickly makes friends and they are all going out together, Santana isn't ve...