Paradise: A Brittana Fanfic

Από thekid05

AU. Brittany and her family relocate to Hawaii. She meets a intriguing local girl who turns her world upside... Περισσότερα

Kamuela
CC Jons
Kiholo
Haole
Palehua
Kohala
Hana Hou
October 15, 2006
Pololu Valley
Mauna Kea
Laupahoehoe Point
New Years Eve
Pahoa Tournament
Waiakea
Waimea Wooden Playground
Konawaena
Waipio Valley
Hi'ilawe
The Valley
Spring Formal
Her Past
Beer Pong
Argument
Coming Clean
Hear Me Out
Senior Game
Secrets & Stories
Fishing Tales
Questions
Worry
Truth Be Told
Uncle Ben's
Recovery
BIIF Championships
85
Changes
States Pt. 1
States Pt. 2
Champions
Mana Road
Puddle Action
Pualena
Graduation

Homecoming

8.6K 134 151
Από thekid05

"You love her?"

Brittany instantly regretted saying the words out loud. The last time that she had told her best friend that she loved someone, the relationship ended with her in the hospital. And since then she hadn't been in such a serious relationship.

"I do love her, Q. Well at least I think that this is love. Like every time I'm around her she makes me laugh and smile and I have these constant butterflies in my stomach and they won't go away. No matter how much time I spend with her. She could spend the night and when I wake up in the morning, the butterflies are back."

"I'd say that's love. But take it slow okay?"

"I am. I mean, I will. It's hard okay. She makes it very hard to not fall in love with her."

"I understand Britt. I'm happy for you though. At least moving to Hawaii wasn't a complete dud. For all we know, Santana could be the one."

"One, schmone.." They both started to laugh.

"By the way, how's your back? The last time we talked you said it went up to a 7."

Brittany was turning into her driveway now. "It's a 4. Santana massages my back with IcyHot every night. And that has helped a whole lot." She threw the car in park but didn't turn it off. "I'm probably gonna take the brace off already."

"2."

"Q it's fine I can take-"

"2." Her voice was stern now and was followed by brief silence.

"Okay. 2."

"Good. I don't know why you don't just listen to what I tell you."

"Yeah I know you're always right. Shut up. But hey I'm home now so I'll talk to you later okay? I have some things I need to finish up before Santana comes over after she gets her homecoming dress fitted."

"Oh yeah that's right! She's on the homecoming court. You better send me tons of pictures of her. I wanna see what she looks like. Love you Britt. Take care of that back for me." Brittany smiled.

"Of course I will you know me. Bye Q." And she hung up. When she walked in the house her mom was sitting at the counter eating a sandwich. "Hey mom."

"Hey honey. I thought I heard the car pull into the driveway."

"Did you enjoy your day off? You look rested." Brittany's mom worked overnight at a hotel that was about twenty minutes away from their house.

"It was great. And you look like your glowing. Had a good performance today?" Brittany nodded. "That's awesome. But there's more to it isn't there? Did Santana finally ask you out?"

She didn't answer, but her mom could read her facial expression. "She did didn't she? Finally. Took her long enough."

"Damn mom how long have you been waiting?" She started to laugh.

"I've been waiting since you first brought her over to the house to introduce her. Just from the way you were looking at her I could tell. Those curious eyes of yours. You're happy and I can tell."

And her mom was right. Brittany's mom was really supportive of her sexual orientation. When she came out to her mom her sophomore year, she was afraid that she was going to disown her. But it was the exact opposite and if anything, it brought them closer because now she didn't have to hide anything from her mom.

"She sang me a song with Rachel in front of the school and then asked me out mom. It was amazing. I hope someone took a video." Her mom stood up from the counter and took her empty plates to the sink. "Did you have a good day off?"

"I did. I finally caught up with all of my shows." Her mom finished the dishes and turned around to look at Brittany. "How's the back?"

"It's a lot better." Her mom walked behind her and took her brace off. Gently, she rubbed Brittany's spine up and down looking for anything abnormal. "The bruising went down, it's a 4 now."

"Good. You know that you're lucky. You're back should have been way worse than what it was. But I'm thankful it wasn't."

"I know mom. Santana doesn't fail to remind me every single day."

Santana was one of the most caring human beings she had met other than her family. She wasn't sure if it was the aloha spirit that majority of locals had but she sure didn't find anyone like her in the mainland.

"I'm gonna take a quick nap before I start to get ready for work. Oh and hey honey, I couldn't get tomorrow night off. Are you going to be alright riding your bike? I'd take it to work but you know I can't ride that thing for the life of me."

Brittany laughed. She had tried to teach her mom how to ride her bike but she couldn't get farther than ten feet without losing balance. "I can get someone to take you if anything."

"No mom it's alright I can ride. If I don't feel comfortable I'm sure that Santana will come and pick me up. She jumps at every chance now days." Brittany's mom kissed her on the forehead and walked towards the stairs.

"I know she would. I'll see you after my nap baby." And she proceeded to walk up to her room. She stopped right before getting to the top of the stairs. "I'm glad that you found someone that makes you smile, baby. I haven't seen you like this since Melissa."

Brittany took her time to finish her homework and made herself some spaghetti for dinner. Her mom left for work at around 8:30 and her dad was away on a business trip in the mainland. So she was home alone. Brittany didn't really like staying home alone.

Knock knock knock.

She jumped at the sound. Cautiously, she walked over to the front door. It was probably Santana but she didn't want to take any chances. Slowly, she looked throught the peep hole and saw her girlfriend standing there with a huge smile on her face. She opened the door and Santana walked in, with Rachel following right behind her.

"How was your fitting?" Santana put her backpack down on the counter and sat in the recliner that was in the living room. "Come on I wanna see a picture or something."

"No babe you going have to wait till tomorrow like everyone else. Not even Rach seen um yet." She looked over at Rachel who was nodding in agreement.

"You know how long I been hearing about this damn dress. It's so nice. It's perfect Rach. I can't wait to show you." Rachel was using her hands to convey her emotions. Which was irritated. But they both knew that she was only playing around. "And then this. I can't even fucking see it. Scrub."

"Don't be salty, Rach." And Santana started laughing. "Babe I'm gonna go take a shower okay?" She got up from her seat and walked over to Brittany who was standing near the stairs. "I won't be long. How's your back doing?"

"It's alright." Santana wrapped her arms around Brittany's body to feel her back. "It's a 4."

"I'll massage you later." And with a kiss on the cheek, Santana walked passed Brittany and up the stairs to the bathroom.

Brittany turned around and went to sit next to Rachel on the couch. She could hear Santana singing in the shower.

When she woke up late in the morning light
And the day had just begun
She opened up her eyes and thought
Oh what a morning
It's not a day for work
It's a day for catching tan
Just laying on the beach and having fun

"She never stops huh?" Rachel spoke as she fin ished up writing a text.

"Never. But I honestly don't mind whatsoever."

"Can I ask you something, Britt?" She nodded. "Alright. This is going to sound, weird. Really weird. But I need to tell you."

The sentence made Brittany nervous. What would Rachel have to tell her? The silence was just adding to the anxiety that was building inside. Rachel opened her mouth but it was if she was hesitating. Like she was afraid to say what she wanted to.

So if you are in sight and the day is right
She's the hunter you're the fox
The gentle voice that talks to you won't talk forever
It is a night for passion
But the morning means goodbye
Beware of what is flashing in her eyes
She's going to get you

Brittany could still hear Santana singing but she knew that the song was almost over.

"It's okay, Rach. You can tell me." Rachel made sure Santana was still in the shower and then slowly started to open up.

"I've been talking to your friend, Quinn. For a while now. I messaged her on facebook one day to ask if she were alright. I knew that losing your guys friend was hard, yeah. So I was just being nice and stuff. But now? I really like her. I don't know if she likes me too but I had to tell you. Cause you're like, her bestfriend."

Quinn? She hadn't even mentioned Rachel on the phone when they were talking earlier. Maybe she wanted to keep it a secret.

"You like her?"

"Yeah. Like, I know I've never met her. But we've skyped a couple times and we talk all day. It's like the things she tells me. Here." She opened up the conversation between her and Quinn and scrolled up to a earlier message. "It's those things that people take for granted from their other half. She tells me to have a good day. To smile. Even that she misses me." Rachel locked her phone and looked back up at Brittany. "I hope that this isn't weird for you or anything."

"It isn't weird at all. As long as both of you are happy then it's fine with me." A grin appeared on Rachel's face and in seconds she was hugging Brittany.

"Eh. Rach. Get off my girl." They were both startled at the sound of Santana's voice. She came walking down the stairs with her wet hair in a messy bun, basketball shorts and one of Brittany's old softball tank tops. Even when she wasn't dressed up, Brittany found her to be the most attractive girl on the face of the earth. Santana could be covered in dirt and she still probably would've thought the dirt complemented her eyes. "Nah I'm just playing. Why are you hugging her though?"

"Oh nothing. Just had one of those exciting moments." Santana walked over to Brittany and kissed her. "I gotta go though, it's getting late. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

Rachel got up from the couch and started walking to the front door. Brittany followed, so that she could lock up after she left.

"Don't tell Santana about Quinn okay? She doesn't usually approve of me talking to people and catching feelings for them if I haven't met them."

"I won't tell her. Don't worry. Drive safe okay?"

"I will. Thanks Britt." When Rachel's brake lights were out of sight, Brittany shut the door and walked back into the living room. Santana was laying down now, tapping the empty space in front of her.

"Are you riding with me to school tomorrow?" Brittany cuddled closer.

"No I'm riding my bike."

"You sure?" Brittany loved that Santana was over protective. But there were somethings that she felt she needed to chill out on. And one of those things was her bike.

"I'm sure, babe. I'll be fine."

"I'm also guessing that Rachel told you about Quinn." Brittany's eyes widened.

"How did you-"

"Oh trust me. I know when Rachel starts to talk to someone. Especially when she tries to hide it. Every time she got a text, she'd hide her phone. I had one of the other girls look cause she doesn't try as hard when she's around them. And they told me that it said Quinn Fabray. I wanted to have her tell you. I hope you aren't upset about that."

"I'm not mad about that. Just a little surprised, that's all. Oh! Quinn is coming down here for winter break. I won't mention that to Rachel, Quinn probably wants it to be a surprise or something."

Santana held Brittany tighter and she sighed. "Well this winter break is definitely going to be a interesting one then."

As the minutes ticked by, Brittany could feel her eyelids getting heavier. Santana's head was now resting on hers and she knew that her girlfriend was already sleeping. She put a timer on the television and allowed herself drift to asleep.

---------------

The next morning the girls got ready for school at their usual time. It was a bit colder this morning, which Brittany didn't mind at all. She loved the cold. The way it felt on her skin. Santana looked over at her. She flashed her a smile and gave her a thumbs up. As she slid her helmet onto her head, she used her other hand to start her bike. The sound of the engine was so nice. It had been a while since she had ridden her bike. Quinn wouldn't be happy about it at all. She never let Brittany ride unless all the pain in her back was gone. But she wasn't here and knew damn well that she wasn't going to mention it to Quinn. Once she was ready she kicked the stand up and drove out towards the road with Santana following behind her.

Mornings didn't usually have a lot of traffic so they got out to the highway in no time. And once she hit that open road she was gone. The cops would be switching shifts around this time so she was never really worried about getting pulled over. Brittany looked down at her speedometer. 65. Fuck, she thought. Santana's gonna kill me. It didn't matter now though. She glanced back to see that Santana was merely a speck now. Since they were probably going to argue after this, she kept going until she reached the school. Pulling into the parking lot, she spotted the team near Kalei's truck. She parked her bike and walked over to where they were.

"Hey guys." They turned and smiled. "Damn. I wish I had a school shirt. I feel so out of place."

"Oh nah here I get one extra one." Kalei went into her truck and pulled out a green longsleeved shirt with yellow writing on it. "Sorry it's longsleeve yeah, it's the only other one I have."

"It's cool. I'll change into it later." Santana pulled into the parking lot and parked in the stall next to Brittany's bike.

"Brittany what happened?" The girls dispersed and Rachel was left with Brittany.

"What do you mean?" Rachel pointed over to Santana's truck.

"The way she pulled in. She's either mad or scared." The truck door opened and Rachel patted Brittany on the shoulder. "I'll be at my car. I'll catch up to you after."

Brittany walked over to Santana's truck. She looked like she was frustrated or something along those lines. "Babe?"

Santana looked at her and she could see the worry in her eyes. She jumped out and shut her door. "Speeding? The first thing you do when you jump back onto your bike is speed?"

"Hey it isn't a big deal okay." She was pretty tired of Santana always being on her ass about her bike. It's not like this was the first time she was riding it. "I wasn't even going that fast."

"Once we hit the highway you were already gone. I couldn't even catch up to you."

"So? I got here didn't I?"

"That isn't even the fucking point I was trying to make, Brittany." Santana started to walk away now.

"Don't swear at me, Santana." She turned around to face her. "Just because you're mad doesn't mean you can talk to me however you feel like."

"Whatever. I'll catch up with you later." Brittany watched as her girlfriend walked out of the parking lot. Right before she lost sight of her, she noticed that her hand had gone up to her face like she had wiped something. Was she crying? Rachel walked back over from her car now. They walked in silence for a minute or two.

"You know, Santana cares about you. More than you know." Rachel's voice was quiet.

"I know she does. But she doesn't have to tell me how to ride my bike. I'm pretty capable."

"She came to my place one afternoon. Maybe couple weeks ago? A little after the time you came down to the harbor." They were sitting on the stairs now. "She was telling me all about how you showed her the pictures of your bike after you got into your accident. I had never heard Santana like that before."

"Like what?"

"Worried. Like okay maybe not worried but I don't know the right word for it. But the tone in her voice was different when she was talking about it. I guess you could say she was little bit scared? After seeing that, and Quinn telling her about that night she just gets really anxious when you're on your bike."

"But she's never-"

"She's never told you any of that? That's how she is. Always gotta be strong even when she isn't. I told her she should just talk to you about it. But when it comes to talking about feelings like that, it's hard for her. I don't know why because she seems to have no problem with telling you how she feels but I guess this may just be a sensitive subject for her. And everyone has those."

Brittany had no idea. Now she felt horrible for speeding, and for the way she was talking to Santana. "She should've just told me."

"When she's mad she tends to either, not say anything at all or say things that come out wrong. Give her time to cool off. She'll find you when she's ready." The bell rang and they both headed to class.

Second period couldn't have gone any slower. Brittany couldn't focus in class all she could think about was Santana. "Brittany?" She snapped back into reality and realized that everyone was now looking at her including the teacher. "What is your favorite tv show?"

"I'm sorry, Ms. I must've been daydreaming. I love watching Glee."

"Glee huh? Nice choice. I only hear good things about that show." Brittany looked down into her lap to check her phone. Nothing. Santana must still be pissed off and it was bothering her a lot. She didn't want to text her first but she really wanted to talk to her. As she went into her messages, she received a text.

Can you meet me in the bathroom? Now?

Brittany got up and asked to go to the bathroom. After getting her pass she left the classroom and headed for the bathrooms at E building. When she walked in Santana was already waiting for her.

"Babe look, I'm sorry for how I acted earlier and-"

"No I'm sorry, San. I shouldn't have been speeding and I realize that now. You should've just told me how you felt." Santana was starting to cry now. "Please don't cry."

"I know I should've told you okay. But it was hard for me. I knew that the whole accident and all of that was a very... Emotional time for you and I didn't want to bring something up like that unless I really had to." She wiped her eyes with the sleeve of her hoodie. "It just scares me okay, I don't want to find you broken on the ground because you wanted to speed."

Brittany walked over to Santana and pulled her closer to her. She wiped the remaining tears that were falling down her cheek. "I won't okay? I didn't know you felt that way about it."

"I do. I care a whole lot for you, Brittany. I don't want to see you like that ever."

"When did you talk to Quinn about it?"

"Oh I don't know, a week or two ago. I showed up at Rachel's house and she was already on skype with Quinn. She tried to come up with some stupid excuse for being on skype with her and I just played along so she thought I didn't know. When I started talking about it, I got super emotional like I don't even know where it came from. I started crying and stuff and Quinn said something to Rachel and she turned the computer towards the both of us. She told me everything, B. The parts of the story that you left out or were unconscious for. And how long and hard the process of physical therapy was for you. I don't ever want to have to go through that again."

"You don't have to worry about me, babe. I got it covered." They kissed and stood there hugging for a while. Santana started to cry again and Brittany kept telling her that it would be okay and that she didn't have to cry anymore. "Hey. That's enough crying alright? We have to get back to class. I don't want you getting in trouble the day of homecoming."

"One more thing. After I stormed off, I did something that I shouldn't have and I'm sorry."

"What did you do?" Brittany started to get a little nervous.

"I called Quinn and told her what happened. She had me promise that I would tell her anything like that and at first I wasn't going to tell her but I did. And I know I shouldn't have."

Brittany knew that she was in deep shit. She should've heard from Quinn by now. But maybe Rachel told her that they talked so maybe that's why she hasn't said anything. "It's alright, babe. Don't worry about it okay? I can handle her."

"I'll see you at lunch." And they both headed back to their classes.

The rest of the day went as usual. When the last bell of the day rang, the vibe around the school changed. Homecoming was big here and not only the school, but the town showed it.

The parade started at around 4:00 so Santana had to leave right after school to get her hair and make up done. She was hanging out with Sam and Rachel until Santana was done getting ready. They walked down to CC Jons together to get something to eat.

"What are you guys gonna eat?" Sam was sitting at the end of the counter, with Brittany in the middle and Rachel to her left.

"I'm getting a Korean chicken burger, a small fries and a large vanilla sprite. As always." Rachel's phone started ringing and she saw that it was Quinn. "May I, Rach?"

"Go for it." Brittany picked up Rachel's phone off the counter and walked outside.

"Why hello, Q."

"Britt?" Quinn sounded surprised. "Hey uh...hi. Hi."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Rachel didn't really want to tell anyone that's why. You didn't tell her that I'm coming down there right?"

"No I didn't. I figured that you wanted it to be a surprise." Brittany watched as the cars drove by. "When you get here we gotta make this surprise big. We'll work out a plan. I love you Q. I'll give the phone back to Rachel now."

"Hang on. Don't think you are getting off the hook that easily. Santana told me what happened this morning. What the hell, B. I thought we talked about this stuff already. Don't think that just because you're in Hawai'i and I'm not there-"

"I'm sorry, Quinn. Okay I know I shouldn't have I just got a little carried away that's all. It won't happen again. Plus I already told Santana that it won't happen again either so you know that for sure it won't. I can't screw things up with this one." Brittany could hear Quinn saying something in the background.

"Tina says hello and that she misses you." Brittany smiled. Tina was their first baseman.

"I miss her too. I won't take up too much of your time though. I'll text you pictures of San later okay? Here's Rach."

And with that she walked back inside and handed Rachel her phone. They talked until they got their food and then the three of them walked back up to the school. The leadership class was already decorating everywhere and putting the senior posters up on the fence behind the football field. Santana had her uncle make a poster for both her and Brittany so that theirs could be together. She hadn't seen it yet, so Brittany was anxious.

They talked and laughed for the next couple of hours. The school started to slowly fill with students and parents who were here to watch the game. The bleachers were usually packed so parents came early to claim the good seats and spaces on the sidewalk. The parade was starting to form up near the cafeteria and as the minutes ticked on Brittany started to get excited. She was so anxious to see what Santana looked like. She tried to picture it in her head. But what she came up with was nothing close to what she was about to see.

Come to the cafeteria babe, I'm here. Find me I'm by snix.

Snix was her trucks name. Before Brittany grabbed her things and started walking towards the cafeteria, she looked towards the fence with all the senior signs one last time. They were putting up the last sign, which happened to be the biggest. Santana & Brittany was spelt out in huge letters. It was something about it that made Brittany all giddy on the inside. The girls told Sam good luck during the game and he left to join the rest of the team.

"There's her truck." Rachel grabbed Brittany by the arm and pulled her. They took the corner behind her truck and there she was. Hair slightly curled at the bottom, with a nice little crown sitting nicely on top of her head. The teal dress she was wearing was hugging her body in all the right places. Her heels made her calves pop a little and not to mention, her ass looked hella good. It took Brittany a couple seconds to realize that her jaw had dropped and she was lucky that Santana wasn't facing her because she probably looked like a complete fool.

"San you look amazing." Rachel walked up to her first and hugged her. "You too, Puck. Who would've thought that you could clean up this nicely?"

"Shut your trap, Berry. I always look good." Puck pretended to brush his shoulders off.

Santana walked over to where Brittany was standing and spun around once. "So what do you think? It's too much isn't it? I told my mom that she didn't have to go all out like this. It's only the parade."

"You look beautiful, San. Just... Wow." She looked her body up and down again. "You're definitely going to win."

"Thanks babe." She kissed Brittany once and held her. "I'm going to win this for you."

"You're going to win no doubt. And even if you don't? You're still the only queen in my life." They kissed once more.

"Alright the parades about to start. Load up everyone. Let's get this show on the road." Puck and Brittany helped Santana onto the back of the truck bed and Puck jumped up right behind her.

"You're going to do great, San. I'll be here when you get back." Santana and Puck sat on the chairs that were up against the window and they started to drive down the road. "She's going to win, right?"

Rachel looked over at her. "Of course she is."

The girls walked back over towards the covered bleachers and saw that the rest of the team had a huge sign that said 'Bow Down to Santana'. They were definitely confident that she was going to take the crown. When they reached them they all talked about what they were going to do when Santana won.

"I think that we should run down there." Kalei shook her head.

"No that would take up to much time. We need to make it known like right when they announce her name. Maybe we can just all scream for her?"

"That sounds like a plan." Jen was usually the one that came up with all the plans. She was like the smartest out of all of them.

About twenty minutes later, the parade pulled around and the homecoming court was brought onto the field. The girls screamed for Santana who looked up and waved to them.

"I want to thank everyone for coming out tonight for this special occasion. As you all know, every year we have three different categories for judging during the parade. Class banners, floats and the creativity put into both. So without further adieu, here are your winners. For the float contest, 1st place goes to the seniors!" The crowd went crazy. Just about the entire senior class was at the game. "As for the banners, 1st place goes to the juniors." There weren't any cheers this time. Just a bunch of boo's. "Alright alright settle down. The overall winners for the parade is the senior class with a total of 92 points."

"Now for the moment you all have been waiting for. Your King and Queen for the 2010 Homecoming Court are... Noah Puckerman and Santana Lopez!"

The softball team went crazy. Brittany just stood there in awe. Her girlfriend had won homecoming queen. Not that she had any doubts, but she wasn't sure how she was going to feel. She was proud. Proud to say that she was her girlfriend. The principal placed the crown on Santana's head and then grabbed the microphone.

"We'll have a ten minute break to allow family and friends to come down here and take pictures."

Santana's mom got to her first, placing a lei around her neck and kissing her. And before anyone else had a chance to get to her, Brittany ran and jumped on her. Santana caught her and they kissed.

"I am so proud of you, baby. I told you that you were going to win." Santana put Brittany down, grabbed onto her waist and pulled her closer.

"Thank you for being here with me tonight. It is definitely one I'll cherish forever." Brittany handed her phone to Rachel so that they could get a couple pictures together.

"Alright the games about to start so could everyone please take their seats." They all walked back up to where they hung the sign and watched the game. Santana went to the bathroom to change out of her dress. She wanted to be comfortable and she knew that if she had the dress on while she was cheering for the team it'd probably rip and ruin it.

It was the fourth quarter and the game was tied 21-21. Honoka'a was on the 45 yard line. With ten seconds to go, the crowd was on their feet. They only had time for one more play or else they'd have to go into overtime. The entire game consisted of cheering, booing and basically a good time. Brittany had never gotten so excited during a football game before. Puck snapped the ball and it was like everything went in slow motion. He took a couple steps back and handed the ball to Sam. He juked left, juked right and spun around just missing the last Kealakehe player trying to tackle him. And off he went.

"He's in the open! 20! 10! Touchdown! Sam Evans with the 45-yard run!" The roars from the crowd rocked the football field. The entire team went onto the field and celebrated. The leadership class brought out the letters.

"What are those?" Santana moved closer to Brittany.

"Those letters, they spell out 'Honokaa 10'. Every year we do the burning of the letters. It's just rebar shaped into letters that are wrapped in cloths drenched in lighter fluid. We used to have bonfires but the fire department put a end to that a year or two before I was a freshman." They watched as the letters were being staked into the ground. "The King and Queen are usually the ones that get to light the first two letters."

"Oh? So you and Puck are going to light the first two then?" She nodded.

"Yes. But I want you to light it with me. We can do it together." A smile appeared on Brittany's face. She hoped it was believable. Her back was in pain, she must've hurt it when she jumped on Santana earlier. The adrenaline and excitement from that and the game must've numbed the pain but now that she was calming down, the pain was starting to surface. 5.5.

"Are you sure? I mean, it's a pretty special thing." Santana turned and held Brittany's hands in hers.

"You're right. It's a very special thing. It's something I've been looking forward to doing since my freshman year. And I'm choosing to share it with you." Santana never ceased to amaze her. The things she would say, the things she would do. She made her feel like a princess in a way. "Now come on. We're lighting the first letter."

They headed down the stairs together and the principal handed Santana the rebar with cloth wrapped at the end. The senior class gathered around and Santana held the bar steady as one of the teachers lit it.

"This is our year, guys. We gonna show everyone what we got. I love you guys. It's been a long three years. Let's make this last one count." Santana had Brittany stand closer to her and let her hold on to the bar. "You ready babe?"

Brittany nodded. Santana placed her hands on top of hers and guided them towards the H. Once the fire came into contact with the letter it lit up and Brittany jumped back a little. The senior class cheered. Santana took the bar from Brittany and handed it to Puck. They made their way to the side as Puck gave his little speech.

"Everything is perfect. It was more than I could ever ask for. And on top of everything, I got to share it with the one person that means the most to me." Santana was holding Brittany from behind. "There is nothing that can ruin this night for me."

After the lighting of the letters, the couple walked back over to the team to tell them bye. The pain in Brittany's back had escalated to a 6 now and she was fighting her way through it. All she wanted to do was make it through the rest of the night without having Santana worry.

As Santana told everyone bye, Rachel pulled Brittany to the side.

"Quinn told me about the faces you make when you're in pain. And that's one of them. 1-10."

Brittany was hesitant but she couldn't hold it in any longer. She gave up trying to hide it and leaned on the railing. "6. Please don't tell San. I must've irritated it when I jumped on her earlier without realizing. I don't want to ruin her night." Rachel nodded, and walked with her back to the group.

"You ready to go, babe? It's late. I'm gonna go get snix and then meet you at my place?" Brittany kissed her and they headed separate ways. Once Santana was out of sight, Rachel ran over to Brittany who was walking slower than usual. She put her right arm behind Brittany's back, allowing her to use her as a crutch.

"You going be okay to ride your bike down to her house?"

"I think so." She gave Brittany a look. And she knew what it was. "You're going to follow me down there aren't you."

"Along with San, I also promised Quinn that I was gonna look out for you and I'm keeping it. So. Yes. I going follow you down there."

Brittany started her bike and slipped her helmet on. She pulled out of the parking lot carefully, making sure that she wasn't going to hurt her back more. Rachel followed behind her. Once she turned into Santana's driveway, Rachel waved at her and drove off. She took her helmet off and took a deep breath in. The cold night air relaxed her body. She looked into the house and saw that Santana had already changed into her sleeping clothes and was sitting on the couch in the living room.

The night couldn't have gone any better. It had gone far and beyond anything she could've ever imagined. Brittany realized that at that point, her biggest fear was losing Santana. What she didn't know was that she would find out what Santana's biggest fear was that night. And in the worst way.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

45.6K 738 32
*Rachel and Quinn have always hated each other,but have you ever thought why? Rachel Barbra Berry has two dads, lives in Lima, Ohio, and goes to Will...
1K 16 14
After a messy break-up, Santana feels hollow inside until she finds a new love in the most unexpected of places. Meanwhile, Rachel tries her hand at...
6.2K 127 19
11th graders, Brittany S. Pierce and Santana Lopez are sworn enemies. Neither remember why. But then they are forced to spend time together after sch...
200K 3.3K 29
glee preferences + some imagines [ girl x girl ]