Paradise: A Brittana Fanfic

By thekid05

AU. Brittany and her family relocate to Hawaii. She meets a intriguing local girl who turns her world upside... More

Kamuela
CC Jons
Kiholo
Haole
Palehua
Kohala
Homecoming
October 15, 2006
Pololu Valley
Mauna Kea
Laupahoehoe Point
New Years Eve
Pahoa Tournament
Waiakea
Waimea Wooden Playground
Konawaena
Waipio Valley
Hi'ilawe
The Valley
Spring Formal
Her Past
Beer Pong
Argument
Coming Clean
Hear Me Out
Senior Game
Secrets & Stories
Fishing Tales
Questions
Worry
Truth Be Told
Uncle Ben's
Recovery
BIIF Championships
85
Changes
States Pt. 1
States Pt. 2
Champions
Mana Road
Puddle Action
Pualena
Graduation

Hana Hou

7.9K 148 97
By thekid05

The month that followed the trip up to Kohala was nothing but wonderful. Brittany spent nearly every weekend with Santana. They spent most of their time at the beach or cuddling in bed. It was the last week of September, which meant that Honoka'a was having their homecoming week.

"Oh come on, it'll be fun I promise. Homecoming week is what I look forward to all year. You know, other than softball." Brittany shook her head. For the past two weeks all Santana would talk about was Homecoming. She was also nominated for homecoming queen so that added to her excitement. "I want you to be there when I win queen."

Santana stood up and started waving as if she were a princess. With all the time they had been spending together, Brittany learned a lot about Santana. She's hard working, dedicated, loyal, trustworthy, and most of all loving. And that's what Brittany like the most about her. She always showed Brittany affection. Whenever it was cold she would give up her jacket for her or if they were leaving the beach Santana would let her wear her shirt if Brittany forgot an extra one. She even massaged Brittany's back from time to time. Which no one ever did for her. Santana took the time to learn about Brittany's back injury and how severe it really was. Anytime Brittany even slightly showed pain, Santana would ask her to scale her pain from 1 to 10. 10 being the worst. It was those things that made Brittany fall harder. Santana showed that she genuinely care for her.

"I told you I'm going to the parade but I don't know if I want to dress up during the week. And I don't care what you say, I'm playing powderpuff football and that's final."

"I don't want you playing though, what if you get hurt? Things get pretty rough out there and I don't want you to reinjure your back."

"I won't get hurt. Those girls aren't gonna catch me, babe."

Santana stood up from the bed and followed Brittany out of her room and down the stairs.

"Alright fine, if that's what you want then you can play. Just be careful. I'm telling you right now."

"I'm always careful!" They sat down at the dinner table and ate the spaghetti that Brittany's mom cooked the night before.

Santana was over at her house very often. Just like her, Brittany's parents also worked the night shifts at their job. So instead of staying home alone, they would take turns staying at each other's houses.

That night was pretty uneventful, as was the following day. Tuesday was what Brittany was looking forward to. It was powderpuff football day.

---------------

The football games were being held that afternoon, so that morning the teachers excused the girls who were playing to go and practice. The senior team was made up of the softball team, and about half of the girl's basketball team. Since their freshman year, the senior class had never lost a game of powderpuff football. They were unstoppable and Santana prided herself on that. The girls spent about two hours running plays and assigning people to their positions. Santana got quarterback and Brittany was a running back. She was the fastest out of everyone- which didn't surprise either of them.

When noon rolled around, each class had their football team on the field. They knew they had it in the bag. The seniors were faster, stronger and much smarter. They had actual plays and strategies to win.

The senior/junior game was an easy win for them. They scored four touchdowns. The games were timed, 30 minutes each. So for them to win like that, was ridiculous. So the championship game was between the seniors and the sophomores.

It started out up and up. The sophomores were a bunch of fast little fuckers, and Brittany started to get frustrated. She didn't like losing and she knew that Santana was the same way. There was one minute left in the game and the game was tied 2-2.

The girls huddled for one last time.

"Alright. When I get the ball everyone just take off and I'll find one of you that's open. If we don't finish this now, we'll have to go into overtime and I'm not taking you guys home if you miss the bus. So. Just catch the ball."

They lined up and snapped the ball. Brittany took off downfield and looked back to see that no one was behind her.

"San!" She made eye contact with her and threw the ball. Brittany ran for it, knowing that she definitely had it. The ball landed in her arms. She tucked it onto her side and ran for the end zone. The seniors that were watching were going crazy. Brittany could feel everyone's eyes on her. She was running as fast as she could. All of a sudden she felt someone come up behind her and she was on the ground. A shooting pain went up her back and she knew that she tweaked it. The sophomore girl got up off of her, with Brittany's flag in her hand and walked back to her team. They were all cheering, thinking that they stopped Brittany from scoring but because she basically tackled her it didn't count and the seniors scored the point anyway.

Brittany was still on the ground, trying to work up enough strength to power through her pain. She didn't want Santana knowing that it hurt because she would've got a whole bunch of shit for it. Kalei got over to her first and tried to help her up.

"Here Sooner, take my hand." She grabbed onto Kalei's hand with hers and tried to get up but the pain shot up her back once more. Her hand automatically gripped Kalei's harder. "Whoa. Hey are you okay?"

Santana came running over after realizing Brittany was still on the ground struggling to get up.

"1-10."

"4. Maybe 5." But when in reality it was really a 8. And it was a huge 8. "I'll be fine, I swear."

Santana told Kalei that she got Brittany, and then lowered herself onto the ground so that she could help Brittany without hurting her back more.

"I told you about playing. These girls are fuckin' dirty and don't care who they hurt. All they want is to win."

"I'm going to be fine, babe. I'm glad I got to play. We won didn't we?"

Santana's face was a mix of happiness and worry. She knew Brittany was hurting.

"Do you have your medicine with you?"

"No I don't have it." They were walking into the armory now to grab their bags. Brittany was still clinging onto Santana and using her as her crutch. She knew to convince her that she was okay she'd have to walk on her own. "Hey I'm gonna go use the bathroom okay? Just grab our stuff I'll meet you out at your truck." She was super lucky she didn't take her bike today. She wouldn't be able to get home.

"You need me to come with you?" Brittany turned to her and kissed her.

"I'll be fine okay." And with every ounce of energy she had inside of her she let go of Santana and started to walk towards the bathroom. She fully expected to fall but she kept her balance.

The bathroom was deserted, only the sound of a water drip could be heard. Brittany leaned over the sink, holding in her cries. That sophomore girl got her good, and now she was in a lot of pain. Her breaths were shallow and short in result of her trying to tolerate the unbearable pain that now consumed her mid back. After washing her face a couple times, she realized that she now had to walk all the way to the truck.

Alright, I can do this. She kept telling herself that as she walked out of the bathroom. Santana was waiting by the doors of the armory, talking to Puck and Sam.

"Hey Britt are you alright? That girl got you pretty good during that last play."

"I'm fine. Just a little sore that's all. San are you ready?"

"Yeah let's get out of here. See you guys tomorrow okay?" They kissed each other bye and went their separate ways. "Britt, are you sure you're okay?"

Brittany looked over to Santana who had those eyes. Those eyes that screamed let me help you. But she wanted to be strong. And if there was one thing Brittany was, it was stubborn. There wasn't any way she could fight this though, and she gave in.

"I'll be much better once we get to my place. I need those meds, San." Brittany stopped and held her arm out to grab onto the wall. "It hurts a lot."

"Hey okay I got you." Santana quickly grabbed onto Brittany just as she was about to collapse. She gently sat her on the ground and had her lean against the wall. "Just sit over here and I'll bring the truck okay." Santana took off running up the road. In about two minutes she came flying in Brittany's direction. She threw the truck in park and ran out to help Brittany. "Okay. I'll get you home babe. You'll be okay."

Brittany was crying now, she felt like she did after her third month of physical therapy. The pain had escalated quickly, and all she wanted to do was go home, take her meds and put her brace on.

Santana was flying back to Waimea. Every five minutes she would ask for a number so that she knew if she needed to go faster or not.

By the time they reached Brittany's place, her pain was at a 9.2 and that Santana was trying her hardest not to freak out. She helped her into the house and onto the couch in the living room.

"My meds are in the nightstand drawer babe, and the brace is in the back of my closet. Calm down, San. Everything's okay." Santana wasn't listening. She ran up the stairs and came back down in no less than thirty seconds. She also had a tube of icy hot in her hand. "Where'd you get that from?"

"I bought it a while ago, when you first told me about your back. I left it in my bag I leave her just in case you needed it."

"You're simply amazing, Santana Lopez." She handed her the right amount of pills and a glass of water. Then gently rubbed the IcyHot on her back before helping Brittany put the brace on.

After about a hour or two the pain started to subside and Brittany was able to relax. She looked over at Santana who was asleep on the recliner. There wasn't anything about Santana that Brittany didn't find attractive. Even that night she almost fought down in Kiholo, there was something about the way her hair looked and the way she was walking that Brittany found sexy. Her phone started to ring and she saw that it was Quinn.

"Hello?"

"Hey Britt. We just got the card you sent us. Those girls are really sweet. Tell them thank you from all of us." Brittany smiled.

"I'll tell them. How is everything up there?" She could hear Quinn typing on her computer.

"It's good. Macky's funeral service is tomorrow and of course no one is ready for that." Brittany sat up but her back started to ache again. She gritted her teeth- and a soft grunt was heard by her best friend.

"Hey. 1-10."

"You and Santana I swear to God I've said so many numbers today."

"1-10 Brittany. You know I don't fuck with this shit. Especially since I was worried sick the night I told you about Macky. I knew I should've waited."

"7. And it was fine alright, Santana found me." She looked over at Santana, who was in dream land.

"Speaking of Santana, are you two together yet? I mean, with the amount of pictures you both post and the fact that she is at your house like every night you might as well say that you're married."

Brittany laughed. It was true though. They walked, talked and acted like a couple but didn't have the label. "We aren't together yet, but I'm patiently waiting. I told her that I wouldn't rush her and that whenever she's ready then we can be a couple."

"I hope she doesn't make you wait too long. Did you tell her that I'm coming down for winter break?"

"No not yet, but I'll tell her. I kind of want it to be a surprise."

"Well hopefully she doesn't get mad at you or something, that would just make the trip a disaster." Brittany got up from the couch slowly and walked into the kitchen. "I gotta go though, we have a game tonight and I have to get there early. The perks of being captain. I love you Britt. Take care of your back okay?"

"I will. Have fun tonight and let me know how you guys do. This year is supposed to be ours. Love you too." And she hung up the phone.

After grabbing a cup of water and a hot pocket, Brittany went back to sit on the couch. Santana hadn't moved from her spot and she wasn't planning on waking her up. She had a long day. The tv was on but Brittany wasn't paying attention to it. She was scrolling on instagram and looking at pictures. Rachel had posted a video of the girl tackling Brittany. She watched as the girl lunged into her. They landed awkwardly and she figured that was the reason she tweaked her back. She watched the video over a couple more times and eventually she started to laugh at it.

Two hours went by and she decided to wake Santana up. If she didn't, then she wouldn't be able to sleep tonight.

"San. Babe wake up." She shot up from the recliner in a panic. "Hey calm down. It's okay. I just don't want you to sleep too long. It's already 4:30."

Santana sat up and stretched. "How's your back?"

"It's better. 6."

"Great. It went down a lot. You want me to rub more IcyHot on there? Or you want a ice pack?"

Brittany smiled. Never in a million years could she have ever dreamt of a girl like Santana. "IcyHot first. I'll put a ice pack on my back before I go to bed." She helped Brittany take the brace off and then lift her shirt just high enough to rub IcyHot.

"It looks like it's bruising." Brittany shivered a little at the gentle touch of Santana's fingers tracing her spine. "Is that normal?"

"It is. It'll go away in a couple days like a regular bruise. That feels so nice." But instead of stopping after she finished applying the IcyHot, Santana kept massaging Brittany's back. "You don't have to, you know."

"I want to. I don't want you to hurt anymore. If I could, I'd take all your pain away so you didn't have to feel any of it anymore." Brittany closed her eyes and enjoyed her massage. Santana was strong, and she applied just enough pressure to all the right places.

"Are you hungry?" Santana shook her head. "Me either."

"But I thought you're supposed to eat something when you take medicine?"

"Well, technically yes. But I'm not hungry and I don't feel nauseous."

"Oh, hang on. My mom's calling." She pulled her phone out and answered. "Hey mom. Yeah I'm at Brittany's. What happened? Oh damn okay. I'll come down there. Yeah. Bye." She looked over to Brittany. "My mom's car won't start and she needs a ride to work. I need to go get her. Do you want to come?"

"No, San I don't want to. I really just wanna chill. Are you gonna come back tonight?'

"I plan to, but if it's too late I don't want to have to wake you up to open the door." Brittany grabbed her keys and handed them to Santana. "You're giving me your keys?"

"Just let yourself in. You basically live her, babe. I trust you." And with a kiss, Santana walked out of the room and left to get her mom.

The rest of the night consisted of Brittany laying in bed and resting. She didn't want to be sore when they played at the pep rally on Thursday. It was going to be the first time she was performing in front of the school. After icing her back for about twenty minutes, she looked over at the clock and saw that it was already 10:55. She was tired and couldn't wait up for Santana any longer and so she closed her eyes and the sandman took her away.

"Yeah mom, I'm back at Brittany's. You're welcome. Call me in the morning if you don't have a ride. Okay. I love you too. Goodnight."

Brittany could hear Santana walk into the room and take her jacket off. She felt her lay on the bed and she started to get butterflies. They became a normal thing, but as often as she got them she never got used to them.

Santana gently stroked her hair, "I'm sorry I took long. I hope that you're not mad or anything. I don't think you're awake but, I just want to tell you that you take my breath away. All the time. Goodnight Brittany."

She cuddled up next to her and fell asleep.

---------------

"Are you excited, Sooner? It's your first time performing with ensembles."

Brittany was more nervous than excited. She was sure that Mr. Shuester had over sold her to the entire student body and now she wasn't sure that she was going to live up to the persona he made for her.

"Up next, we have Santana singing Underneath it All!" Everybody went crazy.

"Hey everybody!" She had a charismatic tone in her voice, which was expected because she always put on a show. Even when they were just practicing in the music room, she always got a party started.

Santana looked back at Brittany who was sitting behind the drum set. She worded you're sexy. And then turned back around.

Brittany started playing and everyone cheered. Underneath it All was a song that was really popular at Honoka'a so people automatically got up and started dancing.

There's times where I want something more
Someone more like me
There's times when this dress rehearsal
Seems incomplete
But, you see the colors in me like no one else
And behind your dark glasses you're...
You're something else

You're really lovely
Underneath it all
You want to love me
Underneath it all
I'm really lucky
Underneath it all
You're really lovely

Nearly half the student body was dancing now. Brittany kept on playing, watching Santana as she walked up and down the stage. She always got so into singing, as she did with playing the drums. She knew that Santana was a performer- she lived for the applause and cheers from the crowd. It said a lot about her and about the amount of confidence she had. Brittany found it so attractive. She had never met another person as outgoing as Santana.

So many moons that we have seen
Stumbling back next to me
I've seen right through and underneath
And you make me better
I've seen right through and underneath
And you make me better
Better... better...

Then another girl from their ensembles class ran up on stage and started to do the rap part of the song.

You are my real Prince Charmin'
Like the heat from the fire
You were always burnin'
And each time you're around
My body keeps stalin'
For your touch
Your kisses and your sweet romancin'
There's an underside to you
That so many adore
Aside from your temper
Everything else secure
You're good for me, baby
Oh that, I'm sure
Over and over again
I want more

Santana high fived her, and started singing again. It was like the pep rally turned into a party. Everyone was pumped up and having a good time.

You've used up all your coupons
And all you've got left is me
And somehow I'm full of forgiveness
I guess it's meant to be

You're really lovely
Underneath it all
You want to love me
Underneath it all
I'm really lovely
Underneath it all
And you're really lovely

The crowd went wild. Santana was one of the best singers in the ensembles band and Brittany was proud to say that she had her heart.

"Give it up for Brittany everybody." Everyone cheered and Brittany felt her cheeks get warm. She was blushing. Quickly, she stood up and held her sticks up.

The crowd was cheering, "Hana hou! Hana Hou! (Ha-nah Ho)"

Brittany turned to the girl behind her and asked her what it meant.

"It's a encore. They want her to sing again." Santana walked over to Mr. Shuester who agreed to one more song.

"Okay! One more." The cheers grew louder. "For this song, I'd like Rachel to come up here." Santana turned to the band and they all left. Brittany was confused. Rachel wasn't even in ensembles class.

"As you all know, Brittany and I have been talking for a while now."

"Don't lie it's more than talking!" Someone yelled from the stands.

Santana shook her head. "Yeah yeah shut up, Jake. Anyway, this is a song that I've been practicing with Rachel and I wanted to dedicate it to Brittany. Of course I changed the lyrics a bit to make it match so, this is for you Sooner."

It definitely caught her by surprise. Rachel placed a chair near the front and had Brittany sit there. There was no other instruments except the ukuleles they were both holding. Santana smiled over at her and then started to sing.

When I look at you
Everything just seems okay
When I turn my head
All those feelings go away
Then you're next to me
It's so hard for me to breathe
And I can't stand the fact
That maybe one day you will leave

Rachel would harmonize with Santana and it sounded so beautiful. Santana's talent never ceased to amaze her. She knew she was lucky to have someone like her.

But I shouldn't say I love you baby
You should already know
But I'm gonna say it anyway
Cause I don't want to let you go
I wanna give you my all
And I want to give you this
I want to give you all my love
And every single kiss

Cuz I wanna be your girl my baby
I wanna keep you as my lady
Cuz livin without you,
Ahh Is driving me crazy, yeaaaaaah
And I don't know what to do

When you're not around
I swear I'm losing sleep I never understand
That honestly with me is where you want to be
So baby take my hand, my hand
Put your trust in me you'll see, you'll see, you'll see, you'll see, you'll see
Now what I have for you
Is why God made you for me

But I shouldn't have to say I love you baby
Cuz you should already know
But I wanna say it anyway cuz I don't wanna let you go

She was fighting the tears back now. Brittany knew that Santana meant every word. She could see it in her eyes. The way Santana made Brittany feel was indescribable. The happiness was crazy. It was pure bliss. Pure bliss and she could have never asked for more. And here she was again- being serenaded by Santana. Brittany didn't know how life in Hawai'i would've been like if she had never met her.

I wanna give you my all and,
I wanna give you this
I wanna give you all my hugs
And every single kiss

Cuz I wanna be your girl my baby
I wanna keep you as my lady
Cause living without you
Oh, is driving me crazy yeaaah,
And I don't know what to do

Santana walks up to Brittany and continues to sing. Her head is down but Santana gets lower so she can see her face. Tears were falling, which happened quite often when it came to Santana sharing her feelings for her.

I wanna be your girl my baby
I wanna keep you as my lady
Cause living without you, oh.
Is driving me crazy yeaaaah,
And I don't know what to do

The entire school went crazy. Santana put her hands up and gestured everyone to quiet down. Brittany was wiping her face, but it was too late because they weren't planning on stopping anytime soon.

"Brittany, I told you that I had the perfect way to ask you to be my girlfriend. And I wanted it to be something spectacular, something that people will look back on and think, Damn. I wish that was me. I know we just met, but I feel like I've known you my entire life. Like you have been the missing piece that my heart has been searching for. And the moment I met you I knew that I wanted to be with you. So. I'm asking you. Brittany Pierce, will you be my girlfriend?"

Brittany stood up and looked straight into Santana's eyes. She grabbed onto her face and kissed her. Everyone cheered and screamed at the top of their lungs.

The bell rang and everyone cleared out of the armory. Brittany and Santana hung back.

"So that's a yes, right?" Brittany pushed her playfully and Santana grabbed on to her. Carefully, of course. She didn't want to hurt her back. "You have made me the happiest girl in the entire world. And I couldn't ask for anything more."

They held hands and walked out of the armory.

"I'll see you later though, okay? I have to go home and help my mom run some errands and get my homecoming dress fitted correctly." They stopped right outside of Santana's truck. Brittany's moms car was parked right next to her, since she couldn't ride her bike. Her back was still a little sore and she was wearing her soft brace that helped with the pain. The pain was down to a 4 now, so she didn't think that the stronger brace was needed.

"I know you're going to look super good in that dress babe. Send me a picture okay?"

The girls kissed and parted ways. Santana left the parking lot first and Brittany watched as she took a left to go down the road. Her phone connected to the radio automatically. Perks of her mom having a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta. She scrolled through her call log and pressed send.

It rang a couple times and stopped.

"Quinn she did it. She asked me. In front of the entire school. It was epic."

"In front of the entire school?"

"Yeah. We had a pep rally today and the ensembles band performed. So we did that song I told you we were working on, and then she sang one more with her friend Rachel and then asked me out in front of the entire student body." Quinn squealed with excitement.

"So how do you feel? You are officially Santana Lopez's girlfriend."

"You know? It feels really good."

But Brittany knew that it was more than good. This feeling was light years away from great. It was something so much more spectacular than that. Santana basically made her feel like the most important and special girl in the entire world. It was something that Brittany was definitely going to remember for years to come.

"Quinn? I think I love her."

--------------

Definitions:

Hana Hou - Encore

FEEDBACK AND VOTES YES?(:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 141 15
AU-Santana Fabray had a great life. A wife and a baby on the way and the career that she always wanted till one accident changed everything and her p...
4.6K 179 15
Brittany gets a call that changes her life forever. Brittana and a little of Faberry & Samcedes. This was my first long piece that I had ever written...
38.4K 727 17
(Completed) Santana is a college student, studying abroad with her best friend Quinn. She's never been on her own and has always had someone controll...
33.8K 942 38
Brittany becomes Santana's bodyguard after a near death experience, will Brittany be able to save Santana or is Brittany really the one that needs sa...