Evil-Natured Husband, Don't T...

By holibelle

"Is this man not going to divorce me? Why does he still ask me to warm the bed every night?" A certain man sa... More

1 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31 - 35
36 - 40
41 - 45
46 - 50
51 - 55
56 - 60
61 - 65
66 - 70
71 - 75
76 - 80
81 - 85
86 - 90
91 - 95
96 - 100
101 - 105
106 - 110
111 - 115
116 - 120
121 - 125
126 - 130
131 - 135
141 - 145
146 - 150
151 - 155
156 - 160
161 - 165
166 - 170
171 - 175
176 - 180
181 - 185
186 - 190
191 -195
196 - 200
201 - 205
206 - 210
211 - 215
216 - 220
221 - 225
226 - 230
231 - 235
236 - 240
241 - 245
246 - 250
251 - 255
256 - 260
261 - 265
266 - 270
271 - 275
276 - 280
281 - 285
286 - 290
291 - 295
296 - 300
301 - 305
306 - 310
311 - 315
316 - 320
321 - 325
326 - 330
331 - 335
*Updates from 336 Onwards*

136 - 140

11.7K 278 3
By holibelle

Chapter 136: A Wonderful Surprise of a Birthday Present

The corners of Gu Yanhao's lips tilted up at the ends: "After Mu Xin sees your gift, she may be even happier."

"Miss Song, where did you get the inspiration to design that wonderful dress?"

"Miss Song, my engagement party is in three months and I would like to invite you to attend. Can I commission you to design a similar dress for me?"

"Jiuyue, can you see what kind of dress will suit my appearance? Can you help me design one please? It doesn't matter how much it costs, as long as it is designed by you."

After everyone knew that the champion dress that won the fashion competition was Song Jiuyue's creation, they all circled around and fawned over her, hoping that she would design a beautiful custom-made dress for them. Song Jiuyue was fully enjoying the feeling of the celebrity-like attention she was getting. Her vanity had gotten a huge amount of satisfaction. Even Mrs. Jier came up and requested Song Jiuyue to design a qipao for her.

Song Jiuyue was very flattered that Mrs. Jier had taken the initiative to invite her to design a qipao for her. She immediately 'warmed up' to Mrs. Jier, "I heard rumors claim that Mrs. Jier was beautifully dignified. Now that I've finally seen you in person, I can't believe that Mrs. Jier is even more beautiful than I had imagined. I believe that after you wear the qipao, it will look even more attractive. "

"The next time you're free, come over to my house to get the measurements." Mrs. Jier said as she showed her beautiful and composed smile.

Song Jiuyue nodded and gracefully said, "Yes, I will find time to help you tailor a fitting qipao."

Song Jiuyue and Mrs. Jier's conversation made everyone around them envious. The eyes staring at Song Jiuyue were filled with admiration and worship.

The present president was Mrs. Jier's husband's blood-related brother. The president had married late, below his knee he only had one daughter, and his daughter was only nine years old this year. (TN: xi-xia: at the knee is referring to children, a word commonly used by grandparents) The president's brother, General Cheng Yaoqiang, and Mrs. Jier had three sons. The second son was Mu Xin's boyfriend, the eldest son was an official at the embassy, and the youngest son was studying in the United Kingdom. The President held the eldest son of Mrs. Jier in high regard. Everyone knew that when the President eventually stepped down, Mrs. Jier's eldest son would take over his position.

Therefore, all these ladies had hoped to become closer to Mrs. Jier.

However, Mrs. Jier was very particular with who she mingles with. Now that Song Jiuyue had received an invitation from her, it seemed that she really did favour Song Jiuyue.

Even Song Jiumei standing beside her sister was envious of Song Jiuyue. Mrs. Jier politely chatted with Song Jiuyue for a while and then found a quiet place to sit and rest.

Mu Xin happily held onto Song Jiuyue, "Jiuyue, let's go to the back to try on this dress, I really do like it very much. Say, if I wear this dress, will I look pretty?"

"Of course you'll look pretty. I specifically tailored this dress to suit you," Song Jiuyue laughed.

"Miss Mu Xin, this is something an esteemed guest wanted me to send you."

Just as Song Jiuyue was ready to leave with Mu Xin to try the dress on under everyone's envious stares, the manager responsible for the party's guests carried a box over and informed a happy and delighted Mu Xin.

"What is it?" Mu Xin asked beforehand on reflex.

The manager laughed: "The other person said that this would be your favourite birthday gift.".

Mu Xin was puzzled: "My favourite birthday present in the end?"

Was her favourite birthday present not the dress Song Jiuyue had sent her?

This was a limited edition dress that no amount of money could buy. This was the best dress she has ever received.

"The other person said if you open it right now, you will be very pleasantly surprised," the manager insisted once again.

Chapter 137: Face Slap (1) *aka Bitch Slap*

"Oh." Mu Xin gave the dress in her hands to Song Jiuyue to hold. She took the beautifully packaged box into her hands, her heart filled with doubts. It had been offered so mysteriously, what kind of present was it in the end?

Song Wuyou stood not far away as she calmly watched Mu Xin.

Mu Xin took the lid off the box and a very familiar color fell into her gaze. Due to school, she was unable to personally attend the fashion competition, however, she had watched the recording repeatedly. It could be said that she was very much in love with the winning dress design. She had even downloaded a photo of the dress and used the picture as her phone wallpaper.

The color and the pattern of the dress looked very familiar to her. Seeing the dress lying in the box, Mu Xin first stared blankly at it, then her expression quickly turned into shock.

Wasn't that the dress she liked?

Mu Xin's heart suddenly leaped out of her chest. She quickly took the dress out, throwing away the box in the process.  When the dress was lifted from the box, it was as if it a captive mystical peacock had been given freedom to flaunt its magical feathers.

"Wow!"

"So beautiful!"

The moment the dress was taken out by Mu Xin, the scene was in an uproar.

"What a beautiful dress!"

When Song Jiuyue's gaze fell on it, her entire demeanor stiffened. Her eyes widened as if they were about to fall off her face. This dress it couldn't be... But it's impossible!

This dress, how could it be here?

Then the person who had designed this dress was also attending the party?

Song Jiuyue's face suddenly became very pale.

Song Jiumei was also stunned by the sudden emergence of this dress but she was the first to recover, her voice calling out in alarm, "Dajie, what is going on?" Song Jiumei's words woke up everyone at the scene. Their gaze left the dress one by one and fell onto Song Jiuyue. At the receiving end of their gazes, Song Jiuyue's expression turned even uglier.

Mu Xin looked earnestly at Song Jiuyue: "Jiuyue, you're giving this to me?"

Song Jiuyue looked around, her heart clenched tightly in her chest. She didn't dare say that the dress was designed by her again without knowing if the owner of this dress was at the scene.

"There is a card in here." At this time, a woman picked up the box Mu Xin had thrown away. She picked it up, handing it to Mu Xin.

When Song Jiuyue saw the card, her entire body trembled in response. It was as if she had stolen something and had been caught on the spot, that kind of flustered feeling.

Mu Xin took the card and read the line of words out loud.

「To the most beautiful Miss Mu Xin,
From: Carefree Without Worries[1]」

"This Carefree Without Worries," some people questioned, "Who is that?"

"I know! It's the model that was wearing that dress at the clothing competition!"

"Yes! I remember that the model said that the dress was her design and that she had even personally tailored it." The woman in the red dress said and then turned to look at the not-so-calm Song Jiuyue, "At that time, Miss Song sat in the audience. Her designs also entered the competition, and in the end she won third place.

When Mu Xin heard their words, she stared at Song Jiuyue, dumbfounded. "Jiuyue, this dress wasn't designed by you?" As Mu Xin asked this question, the gazes that fell on Song Jiuyue were no longer filled with envy and worship. Instead, they had a trace of ridicule in them.

Song Jiuyue, after all, was someone who had encountered all types of situations in society. She laughed awkwardly and attempted to conceal the embarrassed expression on her face, "I did not say that this dress was designed by me." Indeed, from the beginning to the end, she had never stated that this dress had been designed by her.

"But you said that the right to sell this dress belonged to the Gu Group. How did this dress appear here?" The woman in the red dress spoke again.

________________________________
Note:
[1]Wuyou Wulu- an idiom, Song Wuyou is playing it off her name. Wuyou mean without worries.

Chapter 138: Face Slap (2) *aka Bitch Slap*

It became harder for Song Jiuyue to hold herself together, but she still kept smiling: "The design rights to this dress really do belong to the Gu Group."

"Why do I think you're lying?" The woman in the red dress had a slightly scornful expression.

"From what I've seen, everything she said before was to make us mistakenly think that she was the one who designed that dress." A friend who had come with the woman in the red dress also revealed a scornful expression.

"Even daring to say that the winning dress was designed by her, I really don't know if the usual top-designs sold by the Gu Group are really designed by Song Jiuyue." One by one, everyone started to discuss this issue.

"This is hard to say. After all, Song Jiuyue's name is very influential in the design industry. In order to increase sales, branding her name on everything seems to be okay."

Hearing these words, a "boom" sound went off in Song Jiuyue's head as if something had exploded inside her brain. Her smile was already very stiff. "Gu Group's top designs were all created by my hands!" Song Jiuyue stressed, "The rights to the championship dress all belong to the Gu Group. It just doesn't have my name on it!"

"The rights to this dress have never belonged to the Gu Group." Suddenly, a cold low voice interrupted her words. When everyone heard this voice, all of their gazes fell onto the voice's owner. All they could see was Gu Yanhao standing coldly behind Song Jiuyue. His deep and sharp eyes stared as cold as ice at Song Jiuyue: "Song Jiuyue, as a Gu Group employee, do you not know the Gu Group's rules?"

When Song Jiuyue heard his words, another "boom" sound exploded in her mind. Her back began to stiffen as her body trembled, she did not dare to look back at Gu Yanhao.

"Young Master Gu, the rights to this dress really don't belong to the Gu Group?" The woman in the red dress asked.

Gu Yanhao replied coldly: "If the rights really belonged to the Gu Group, would I let the other person send it to Mu Xin as a gift?"

"Ahhhh!" The woman in the red dress deliberately exaggerated her reaction as she looked at Song Jiuyue, "So it turns out Miss Song was actually lying."

"This is not the way to take credit of some else's work."

"Even pretending to be the designer of the winning dress."

Everyone fell into a burst of discussion as Song Jiuyue's face finally crumbled. She turned around and looked at Gu Yanhao with a grieved expression.

Why? Why did he expose her in front of so many people?

After all, she was the Gu Group's chief designer, and her leading designs had earned the Gu Group a lot of money these past few years. Even damaging a woman's reputation? On account of everything she's done for him, couldn't he leave her some face? Song Jiuyue felt sad and wronged.

Mu Xin was very disappointed. She had always worshipped Song Jiuyue. Why would she lie? Mu Xin carried the dress as she turned to walk away without a word. The surrounding people that had been watching the lively show had also left, but their gazes that glanced at Song Jiuyue had completely changed.

When Song Wuyou saw this scene, her face revealed a proud expression, but her eyes were cold and indifferent.

When Mrs. Jier resting not far away accidentally saw her expression, there was a fierce tug in her heart once again. Seeing her beautiful face hang a proud yet cold smile, Mrs. Jier slightly raised her eyebrows. This a-little-over-twenty-years-old young woman was not as simple as she seemed. Looking at her proud and indifferent eyes, it gave people a sense of oppression that could not be described.

Mrs. Jier hesitated repeatedly and finally walked over. She came to a stop at Song Wuyou's side, revealing a dignified smile. She asked a question she already knew the answer to, "You are Mrs. Gu, Song Wuyou?

Song Wuyou retrieved her gaze from the scene and coincidentally met Mrs. Jier's gaze.

Encountering Mrs. Jier's dignified and noble expression, Song Wuyou pulled out the original body's memory, but she still could not remember who this madam with such a noble temperament was.

Chapter 139: Proceed With Our Plan

Song Wuyou nodded, "Yes."

Mrs. Jier smiled and asked, "You are 'Carefree Without Worries'?"

Song Wuyou was surprised for a moment,  "Is that what you believe?"

Mrs. Jier smiled, "My intuition tells me that you are."

Song Wuyou laughed, "If you say it is, then it is."

Mrs Jier's eyes flashed with a touch of complex emotions that Song Wuyou couldn't see through.

"I'm not sure if I can commission you to design a for me."

Song Wuyou nodded: "Of course I can, but I cannot guarantee that you will be satisfied with it."

Mrs. Jier replied, "You've done so well with the retro-style dress, I believe your qipao designs will be very attractive."

Song Wuyou smiled for a moment. In the end, the results couldn't be guaranteed. After all, the dress she had given to Mu Xin was based on the ones she had worn in her previous lifetime. The qipao, however, had only become popular in the later era of the Qing Dynasty.

When Gu Yanhao turned around and saw Mrs. Jier chatting with Song Wuyou, the light in his eyes deepened as his sword-like eyebrows slightly rose.

When Song Jiuyue arrived at the lounge, she immediately locked the door. Song Jiumei, who had come with her, bitterly said to her, "Who is that 'Carefree Without Worries'? Why would she send that dress at such a crucial moment?"

Song Jiuyue's expression was pale and her eyes were slightly red. She kept on murmuring as if she didn't hear what Song Jiumei had said to her, "Young Master Gu... Young Master Gu, why would he expose me in front of everyone?"

Would he lose a chunk of meat if he had agreed the sales rights of that dress belonged to the Gu Group?

Song Jiumei looked at Song Jiuyue with a complicated expression. She felt a little distressed when she saw Song Jiuyue's depressed appearance. She carefully asked, "Dajie, could 'Carefree Without Worries' be Song Wuyou?"

How could it be a coincidence that the dress had been sent out at such a crucial moment?Moreover, all the invited guests had already arrived and the yacht had already sailed. The only way a gift could be possibly sent was either by a helicopter or a ship chasing them, but since no helicopter or ship had been spotted since the party began, it meant that the gift had been delivered right at the very beginning.

"It's impossible!" Song Jiuyue jeered as she stared intensely at Song Jiumei, "If Song Wuyou, that rampant woman, can make such a dress, I will bow down to her!"

"'Carefree Without Worries' should be the designer's name."

"She should also be at the party. She probably felt uncomfortable when saw me claim the design of the dress as mine, and she probably deliberately sent the gift box out to make me lose face." Song Jiuyue's eyes were cold: "When I find out who she is, I'll definitely dig out her eyes!"

Song Jiuyue's expression was distorted, vowing fiercely in a sinister tone: "Young Master has been bewitched by Song Wuyou. If it weren't for Song Wuyou, Young Master Gu would've definitely helped me redeem my reputation today."

"You're right. I really hate Song Wuyou. Dajie, I brought the medicine." Song Jiumei's eyes flashed with a trace of cruel maliciousness in them.

Song Jiuyue looked at her, "What about the room? Have you arranged it?"

"It's done. I told Mu Xin that you were in a bad mood and wanted to rest, so she has already arranged a room for you."

Song Jiuyue's eyes were cold and ruthless, "I do not want a room, I want Song Wuyou to be humiliated."

"I'll go put our plan in place now," said Song Jiumei.

"Go quickly." Song Jiuyue rubbed the tears under her eyes as she spoke.

"Okay." Song Jiumei opened the door to leave. Right after her back disappeared from the corridor, Mu Gu's tall figure walked out from another suite.

He stood there, his usual gentle peach-blossom eyes became a piercingly cold, coldly staring at Song Jiuyue's lounge door.

A waiter with a tray of drinks walked in front of Song Wuyou. Song Wuyou stopped him, "Give me a cup of scented tea."

The waiter laughed: "Yes, what kind of scented tea?"

"Chrysanthemum."

Chapter 140: There's Reaction!

Song Jiumei had been watching Song Wuyou very closely the entire time. When she saw her asking for the chrysanthemum tea, she revealed a proud smile.

The waiter had just walked out of the refreshment room carrying a tray when he spotted Song Jiumei and smiled at her. Song Jiumei was straight to the point as she handed the waiter a check, "I need your help with something." The waiter's eyes swept over the figures on the check, his eyes revealing the colour of greed.

The waiter smiled, "What do I need to do?"

Song Jiumei retrieved her gaze, "Come with me."

The waiter came out of Song Jiuyue's rest lounge and walked towards the party with a few drinks on his tray. Among them was the chrysanthemum tea Song Wuyou had requested. As the waiter turned at the corner, a person in a hurry accidentally rushed into him. The waiter jumped in fright as he clasped the tray tightly in his hands, but some of each drink on the tray had already spilled out. The waiter turned his head to look at the man who had just hit him, finding that the silhouette of the person's back unfamiliar to him. The waiter frowned and wondered to himself; who was it walking without using their eyes?

The waiter sped up his pace and served the chrysanthemum tea to Song Wuyou. Song Wuyou had been standing in high heels for too long, so carrying the cup of chrysanthemum tea in one hand, she found a place to sit down. Just as she sat down, Gu Yan Hao came and sat opposite of her.

"What did you say to Mrs. Jier?" Asked Gu Yanhao.

"Mrs. Jier is very smart."

Gu Yanhao raised his eyebrows, "She knows 'Carefree Without Worries' is you?"

Song Wuyou nodded, "En, she even commissioned me to design her a qipao."

Gu Yanhao's eyes were as deep as an ancient lake, "Aside from this, did she say anything else to you?"

Song Wuyou sipped her cup of tea, "Nothing."

Gu Yanhao lowered his gaze and looked at the tea cup in her hand, "You like to drink tea?"

Although Song Wuyou usually drinks a large variety of beverages, the Song Wuyou he knew hated scented tea with a passion.

"Drinking tea is good for the body." Song Wuyou continued to sip her tea. Chrysanthemum tea had a wonderful fragrance and was also very delicious. It was made by soaking wild chrysanthemums in boiling water.

Song Jiumei watched as she stood not far away from them.

Seeing Gu Yanhao continuing his chat with Song Wuyou, her heart was filled with jealousy. However, when she saw Song Wuyou continuing to sip her chrysanthemum tea, her eyes revealed a successful sneer.

The same waiter passed her as she laughed, "Give me a glass of red wine."

The waiter stopped and Song Jiumei reached out and picked up a glass of wine from his tray. She slowly sipped her wine as she waited for time to pass.

About half an hour, Song Wuyou was still sitting there as she ate the dessert Gu Yanhao was holding up for her.

Song Jiumei looked at her with dissatisfaction, her expression was somewhat anxious.

"Has it started?" Song Jiuyue softly asked, having finally come out of her lounge room. Ignoring everyone stares, she walked to Song Jiumei's side.

"It should be soon," said Song Jiumei.

Song Jiuyue looked at Song Wuyou, frowning slightly, "Isn't the effect supposed to be very strong? Why isn't anything happening?"

Song Jiumei replied, "Every person is different, so maybe the reaction time for each person is different."

Song Jiuyue said to her, "This is strange. More than half an hour already passed and there's still no reaction." Song Jiuyue's eyes coldly swept Song Jiumei and found that her face was strangely red. Looking at the half cup of unfinished red wine in Song Jiumei's hand, she said coldly: "Why are you drinking so much wine?

Song Jiumei did not answer Song Jiuyue's words. She felt the air in here seemed to be a bit too hot. How could this be? They were on the yacht sailing on the vast sea. The sea breeze was whistling as it blew around them. How could it be hot?

________________________________
Translator: Xixi Editor: Ocelot

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.8K 2.1K 149
Part 4 The iron-blooded Master Mu had three specialties: great marksmanship, great skills and masterful ways to spoil his wife! Everyone in Jingdu k...
1.1M 27.8K 46
❝We choose our own path. Our actions, and our values, they define who we are.❞ If looks could kill, Lyssa and her twin sister, Elena Gilbert, would h...
985K 47.3K 51
#1 book in Raghuvanshi's series ❝I never thought I would say this Ryan but I think loving you is the biggest mistake I did after marrying you❞ Disha...
159K 4.8K 200
Part 3 The iron-blooded Master Mu had three specialties: great marksmanship, great skills and masterful ways to spoil his wife! Everyone in Jingdu k...