Evil-Natured Husband, Don't T...

By holibelle

"Is this man not going to divorce me? Why does he still ask me to warm the bed every night?" A certain man sa... More

1 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31 - 35
36 - 40
41 - 45
46 - 50
51 - 55
56 - 60
61 - 65
66 - 70
71 - 75
76 - 80
81 - 85
86 - 90
91 - 95
96 - 100
101 - 105
106 - 110
111 - 115
121 - 125
126 - 130
131 - 135
136 - 140
141 - 145
146 - 150
151 - 155
156 - 160
161 - 165
166 - 170
171 - 175
176 - 180
181 - 185
186 - 190
191 -195
196 - 200
201 - 205
206 - 210
211 - 215
216 - 220
221 - 225
226 - 230
231 - 235
236 - 240
241 - 245
246 - 250
251 - 255
256 - 260
261 - 265
266 - 270
271 - 275
276 - 280
281 - 285
286 - 290
291 - 295
296 - 300
301 - 305
306 - 310
311 - 315
316 - 320
321 - 325
326 - 330
331 - 335

116 - 120

14.8K 329 16
By holibelle

Chapter 116: I Want You to Apologize to Me.

He fed Song Wuyou water. In his own accord.

He the one person who'd always carried himself above and apart from everyone else. From a young age, he was the one being served. What about now? He was serving Song Wuyou.

This made Song Jiuyue even more certain: Gu Yanhao fell for Song Wuyou.

Her heart felt like someone was squeezing it in their hands, suffocating and it felt extremely uncomfortable. Why didn't the Heavens take her life and let her die from that fall?

"Ah Hao, is your great lover illness acting up again?" Mu Gu deliberately glanced at Song Jiuyue's face before striding into the room. Mu Gu's voice did nothing to affect them both.

Gu Yanhao looked at Song Wuyou, and a rare trace of tenderness seeped into his voice as he asked, "Do you want more?" The whole glass of water was finished by her, it seemed she really was very thirsty.

"No." Song Wuyou answered. Her expression was calm and placid, neither happy nor upset. This entered Song Jiuyue's eyes as she stood there, cursing in her heart: hypocrite!

She used to pester Gu Yanhao from morning till night, hoping, wishing and dreaming that Gu Yanhao would be just a little nicer to her. Now that Young Master Gu was being nice to her, she actually put on this hypocritical pretense of 'it's-a-given-you-should-treat-me-better' and 'I'm-a-queen' front. This slut was really a two-faced scheming liar!

But not an ounce of these boiling emotions showed on Song Jiuyue's face.

She walked into the room holding the container of chicken soup while looking at Song Wuyou, full of concern, "Wuyou, how're your injuries? Is it painful?"

Song Wuyou raised her long lashes, looking at Song Jiuyue with a dumbfounded expression, "Dajie, you're worried about me?"

The smile of Song Jiuyue's face stiffened on a minuscule scale, but it lasted less than half a second before she regained composure and gave Song Wuyou a reproachful look, "What are you saying? You're my sister, of course I would be concerned when you are injured."

Song Wuyou blinked her eyes innocently as she posed a naive question, "Dajie, do horses hate it when someone pulls their hair?"

Gu Yanhao was listening on the side. Hearing Song Wuyou's question, his pupils darkened. Mu Gu glanced at Song Wuyou before turning to Song Jiuyue.

Song Jiuyue paled unnoticeably as she made every effort to put on a natural vague smile, "Probably."

"Then you still pulled the hair on my horse?" Song Wuyou looked aggrieved, "You knew I didn't know how to ride, and yet you still pulled at my horse's hair."

Song Jiuyue's face lost all color at Song Wuyou's words. She indiscreetly sent Song Wuyou an angry glare while trying to suppress the anger bubbling in her heart. Letting out an awkward chuckle, she excused, "I saw there was hay on the horse's tail. I just wanted to brush it off."

"Isn't it very normal for horses to have hay stuck on their bodies?" Gu Yanhao interjected coldly.

Hearing his blunt words, Song Jiuyue panicked. Still, she kept her front. "It seems I did something unnecessary. It was my itchy hand[1]."

"Just because your hand was itchy, you caused me to be injured so badly. Dajie, I'm upset with you." Song Wuyou's eyes were red from feeling aggrieved.

Watching this, Gu Yanhao's brow wrinkled; this woman knows how to put on an act?

Song Jiuyue was 'apologetic', "My bad."

"I want you to apologize."

Song Jiuyue was taken aback at the request, and her eyes subconsciously sought Gu Yanhao. And what she saw was Gu Yanhao's broad back and the top of his head. She had no idea what kind of expression he had on his face at this moment. She wanted him to tell Song Wuyou off, saying she needn't apologize, but...

"Quickly apologize. Wuyou's mood is not good," his cold voice sounded.

Spasms of pain rippled in Song Jiuyue's heart. Song Jiuyue gritted her teeth; damn Song Wuyou!

"I'm sorry Wuyou." She looked regretfully at Song Wuyou, "It was my fault. I shouldn't have touched the horse needlessly."

Song Wuyou was still eyeing her with that aggrieved and wronged look. This kind of gaze sent a chill through Song Jiuyue.

________________________________
Note:
[1] Itchy hand(s) is a slang referring to idle hands

Chapter 117: Feeding Song Wuyou Soup

She already apologized. Did she want to expose her in front of Young Master Gu and Mu Gu? Song Jiuyue raised her eyes, sending Song Wuyou a warning look behind her lashes, and coincidentally, this warning signal was caught by Mu Gu. Mu Gu's eyebrow arched up, observing her and then Song Wuyou.

Initially, Song Wuyou wanted to shoot Song Jiuyue a provocative look to peeve her, but when she noticed out of the corner of her eye that Mu Gu was watching her, and Gu Yanhao was doing the same on the other side, she could only show helpless exasperation instead.

"If you can apologize to me, it means you didn't do it on purpose. Dajie, I'm sorry. At first I thought you wanted me to fall from the horse, that was why I was angry. I even scolded you in my heart. I'm really sorry ah." Song Wuyou briefly chose her words and said them to Song Jiuyue.

Song Jiuyue's face turned green then white listening to her words. She was a hundred percent certain Song Wuyou was intentionally choosing to say these words; saying these words purely to raise Gu Yanhao and Mu Gu's suspicions towards her and making them think that she pulled at the horse's tail on purpose. At the same time Wuyou was displaying her own magnanimous attitude in front of them by forgiving Song Jiuyue, simultaneously making her look bad! Song Jiuyue sneered inwardly. This kind of scene she hasn't she seen before? With just this much, Song Wuyou wants to make her look bad?

In your dreams!

Song Jiuyue was very successful in repressing her negative emotions. She smiled amiably at Song Wuyou, saying: "I admit that I didn't really like you much in the past, but that was only because you were too immature. But, as much as I disliked you, I wouldn't bring you harm intentionally. Why would I be pulling at the horse's hair deliberately when I know that you're ignorant about horse riding? Isn't that the same as looking for death myself, especially since recently you're practically a changed person, unlike the nonsensical person that you were before. I couldn't be more happy for you. Let's not talk about unhappy things anymore. I made some chicken soup for you. Drink it while it's still warm." Having finished saying these things, Song Jiuyue's hands moved around, pouring the chicken soup into a small bowl.

Hehe, Song Wuyou thought; truly a capable Song Jiuyue. Every word could wash white any stain on herself.

"Come, drink some soup." Song Jiuyue's eyes swept over the gypsum cast on her left hand, adding, "I'll feed you."

"Let me." Gu Yanhao's hand suddenly reached out to take the bowl from Song Jiuyue.

The smile on Song Jiuyue's face stiffened. Her head bent down, focused on the nice looking extended hand that had a thin layer of callouses. Song Wuyou's lips arched up in an ambiguous smile as she watched Song Jiuyue meaningfully. Mu Gu pulled a chair close to the bedside and sat down. All the while, he observed Song Wuyou quietly. After a long time, Gu Yanhao finally turned to look at Song Jiuyue when the bowl of soup failed to reach his hand. With a cold gaze, he questioned, "Did you hear?"

Song Jiuyue smiled even though her heart wasn't in it, "That's not it. This kind of work, just let me do it Young Master Gu."

"What kind of work?" Gu Yanhao rebuked.

"Feeding Wuyou soup."

"What kind of work is feeding Wuyou?"

Song Jiuyue actually doesn't know how to answer this question.

Song Wuyou laughed and said in an off-handed manner, "What Dajie meant to say is, how can someone with Young Master Gu's status and identity do this kind of work as to feed me? This is the work of a servant. You were served and taken care of since young, so you would be all thumbs in regards to taking care of others. What do you know about feeding me?"

Song Jiuyue glared at Song Wuyou, screaming in her heart: Bitch! Is she trying to paint her as a servant in front of Young Master Gu? On the surface, it seemed as if Song Wuyou was trying to help her out, but in fact...

"Is it like this?" When those deep eyes fell on Song Jiuyue again, they were icy. If Song Jiuyue answered no, then how would she explain why she wanted to feed Song Wuyou herself? If she answered yes, wouldn't that mean she admits that her status is low enough to serve Song Wuyou?

Did they expect her to answer that she was jealous and didn't want to see Gu Yanhao feed Song Wuyou soup?

Chapter 118: Married a Man That Doesn't Know How To Cook

Unsure how to answer Gu Yanhao, Song Jiuyue looked woefully at him as she gently placed the bowl of soup into his hand. Taking the bowl of soup, Gu Yanhao looked at Song Wuyou.

Mu Gu's eyebrow arched up. From this angle, he could clearly see that the way Gu Yanhao looked at Song Wuyou was vastly different from the way he faced any of them. Although it was still cold, it was a different kind of cold.

Gu Yanhao scooped up a small spoon of soup and placed it near his lips to test the temperature. It was still very hot! He blew softly, wanting to cool it a little.

Watching his chivalrous actions, Song Wuyou's brows faintly scrunched together and her mind spun in confusion for a second. In the past, Dongfang Xuan was just as chivalrous. Unfortunately, after he ascended the throne, his chivalry was no longer directed towards her.

Gu Yanhao's eyes darkened slightly as he ordered."Open your mouth." No, he's not the type to say ahh!

The spoon in his hand stopped right in front of Song Wuyou's mouth, but the woman was watching him in a daze. Song Wuyou regained her senses, opened her mouth and drank the soup from the spoon. Swallowing the soup, she found it to be hot, bordering on burning, and the taste was not good. She raised her eyes towards Song Jiuyue with an aggrieved expression.

Song Jiuyue was greatly dissatisfied by her reaction. That look on her face was obviously showing contempt towards the chicken soup she'd made.

"What is it? Not good?" Gu Yanhao asked.

"I think there is no salt." Song Wuyou had an embarrassed-to-be-exposing-someone-else's-fault look on her face.

"I did add salt!" Song Jiuyue made an excuse immediately. "Maybe I put too little. I don't normally cook." In fact, this was the first time she'd cooked, and she had cooked for a woman she hated. Song Jiuyue really felt like slapping herself a few times.

Was she really so idle that she needed to resort to pulling hairs out of Song Wuyou's damned horse?!

"It's alright. It may no taste delicious, but I'm a patient; I should have bland soups that have less salt." Song Wuyou smiled and said generously.

Song Jiuyue gritted her teeth vehemently, nearly crushing her them. Fine, Song Wuyou! I made chicken soup for you, and not only you did not say a word of thanks, you even complained in front of Young Master Gu and Mu Gu? The slut even remembered to remind them that she was a patient, so they would pay more attention to her? Song Jiuyue stared at Song Wuyou: when did this obnoxious woman learn how to play mind games?

"Bear with it for the time being. When you've recovered you can eat anything you want." Gu Yanhao soothed surprisingly as his usually cold voice softened rarely.

Song Jiuyue was stunned as she watched him.

Song Wuyou smiled sweetly, "I want to eat something you cook."

A sweet smile on a slightly pale face, just like a snow lotus in bloom, exceptionally beautiful and mesmerizing.

Gu Yanhao and Mu Gu were both blown away by her sweet smile, their gazes unwilling to leave her face.

"As long as you don't despise the taste." Gu Yanhao's lips curved back into a smile, his voice as soft as before.

"Married to a man that doesn't know how to cook is truly not a glorious thing." Song Wuyou pursed her lips cutely, showing disdain.

"I can learn." Gu Yanhao stated with confidence, "I'm smart by nature. I can learn anything in one try."

"Hmp, hmp." Song Wuyou believed him but she wouldn't show it on her face.

"You want to eat Beggar's Chicken? Teach me when you get discharged. When you want to eat it in the future, I'll make for you. No need to do it yourself."

"Why are you suddenly being so good to me?" Song Wuyou looked at him seriously.

Gu Yanhao solemnly stared into her eyes, "I thought about it. Since I married you, I should do my duties as a husband well."

For a second, Song Wuyou was moved by these words. On the other side, peach blossom eyes blinked. The focus that was on Song Wuyou's face shifted onto Gu Yanhao. This man, when did he learn how to display his affections publicly?

Song Jiuyue, who seemed to have been forgotten off to the side, looked even worse after listening to their dialogue.

In a hurried voice, she said: "Jiumei is waiting for me to eat. I'll make a move first."

Chapter 119: It Was All Your Fault

The instant she escaped from the room, Song Jiuyue began weeping uncontrollably.  Recalling the indifference Gu Yanhao showed her and the concern he displayed towards Song Wuyou, she felt immense grief and neglect.

Song Wuyou had liked Gu Yanhao since she was thirteen, but she had liked Gu Yanhao since puberty. Her feelings for Gu Yanhao begun much earlier than Song Wuyou did, and she knew him much earlier than that slutty woman did too! Why, in the end, was the one Gu Yanhao married Song Wuyou and not her? Was it because Song Wuyou, with a thick-face, had stalked him everywhere until he married her?

Just outside the hospital, Song Jiumei was waiting. Song Jiumei doesn't like Song Wuyou, so she did not go in. Seeing Song Jiuyue crying as she rushed out, Song Jiumei was flabbergasted, "Dajie, what happened? Why are you crying?"

Song Jiuyue ignored Song Jiumei, sobbing as she dashed into the car. Song Jiumei sat in the driver's seat while her sister sat in the passenger seat, but Song Jiumei did not start the engine. She leaned over and anxiously looked at Song Jiuyue before asking, "Did that slut bully you?"

"Young Master Gu doesn't like Song Wuyou one, one bit!" Song Jiuyue choked on her tears. Her voice was filled with hatred for Song Wuyou.

Although she didn't like Song Wuyou as a meimei, she still refrained from bullying her when she was living with the Song Family, especially when Song Wuyou fell in love with Gu Yanhao and she came to dislike her even more. When Song Wuyou married Gu Yanhao, her bottled up feelings turned into hate towards Song Wuyou, and today, it multiplied as she watched the way Gu Yanhao treated her. What method did Song Wuyou use to make Young Master Gu suddenly treat her so nicely?

"What happened?" Song Jiumei was still in a cloud of confusion. Did she need to cry to this extent just because Young Master Gu was good to Song Wuyou? Song Jiumei rarely ever saw Song Jiuyue cry.

"He fed Song Wuyou soup, and Song Wuyou actually showed contempt by saying that my soup is not nice! Not only did he not scold Song Wuyou, he even comforted her, saying he would cook a meal for her once she's discharged!"

An expression of absolute jealousy flitted past Song Jiumei's face as she listened to Song Jiuyue's words. This slut Song Wuyou was truly fortunate!

"Young Master Gu led a pampered life. Consider his status and identity! He actually lowered himself because of Song Wuyou, promising to cook for her." Song Jiuyue's little fists turned white at the knuckles, "I hate this!"

Song Jiumei frowned as if she was greatly troubled, "Young Master Gu is suddenly so good to her. Could she be pregnant?"

This question triggered Song Jiuyue even more, her body trembling as she screamed, "How is that possible? If she were, being thrown off horseback, that'd make her lose it, right?"

Song Jiumei tilted her head to one side and pondered Song Jiuyue's reasoning, "You're right."

"You're the one to be blamed!" Suddenly Song Jiuyue shot a frigidly cold look at Song Jiumei, causing her to shiver involuntarily. She looked guiltily at Song Jiuyue, "Dajie, why are you blaming me again?"

Can she not put the blame on her head for every single thing?

"It's because you drugged Young Master Gu! That pushed him to sleep with Song Wuyou. He started treating Song Wuyou nicely right after that. It's because of your recklessness, thinking it was a great idea to drug Song Wuyou!"

Song Jiumei was feeling very wronged by that accusation, "How could I have known it would turn out this way?"

"You don't know, you don't know? Why does our Song Family have someone as stupid as you?!"

"Dajie, do you think I want Young Master Gu to treat Song Wuyou kindly? Wasn't my plan to totally ruin her reputation by drugging her so that Young Master Gu reached a firm decision and divorced her."

"Young Master Gu had already decided to divorce her in the first place! It's all your fault! You pushed them together!" Song Jiuyue's extremely cold eyes were sharper than swords as she directed her gaze towards Song Jiumei. Everything, all the fault and all of the blame were dumped onto Song Jiumei's body.

Chapter 120: He Has Time to Make It Up to Her

Song Jiumei's eyes were red from feeling aggrieved that her sister was treating her like this, "Dajie, I'm not trying to push them together, I..."

"Don't say any more!" Song Jiuyue suddenly roared at Song Jiumei in a gruff voice. In her own car, outsiders can't see what was happening, therefore it is not necessary for her to suppress or disguise her feelings.

Although Song Jiumei was already accustomed to her sister's personality, it still did not sit well with her being blamed and roared at when she did nothing wrong.

Tears swirled around her red-rimmed eyes and her hands were gripping the car wheel tightly as she tried her best to repress the suffocating breath down her chest.

"It has become a fact that Young Master Gu is good to Wuyou. If we want him to hate and dislike Wuyou as he did in the past, we must think of a way to totally ruin her reputation." Song Jiuyue's cold voice broke the silence.

"What remains of Song Wuyou's reputation that has not been sullied?" Song Jiumei asked, confused. The wronged choking voice was apparent. "Didn't she turn into a Virgin Mary recently? Even her dress and style are not the same. You think of a way to make her return to how she used to be."

This... what to do to make that happen?

Song Wuyou felt drowsy after finishing the bowl of chicken soup. Gu Yanhao gently laid her down, even covering her with a blanket in a caring manner. Lifting his head, he saw Mu Gu was still in the room. Gu Yanhao raised an eyebrow as his pupils darkened threateningly. "Why aren't you leaving yet?" The man's voice was cold and distant.

A light flickered in Mu Gu's peach blossom eyes. The corner of his lips arched into a devilish smile as he said, "I'm waiting for you to invite me to dinner."

"I want to accompany my wife," came Gu Yanhao's icy reply.

"You must still eat even if you want to stay with your wife ah."

Song Wuyou gazed at him drowsily, "Go and eat something with Mu Gu."

"I'm not hungry," he stated, looking at her.

Those black obsidian eyes were so sincere that Song Wuyou couldn't help but loosen slightly.

Mu Gu walked over to him. One hand grasped Gu Yanhao's shoulder as he said, "You have lots of time to accompany your wife. Come, let's go eat."

Gu Yanhao wanted to brush Mu Gu off. His thick eyebrows were scrunched together as he glared at Mu Gu's hand with contempt. Two men touching and holding, what kind of demeanor was this?

Yet, Song Wuyou behaved like she was shooing them off, "Both of you just go. I can't sleep well when there are other people in the room."

"Did you hear that?  Your wife doesn't like you clinging all over her." Mu Gu exclaimed playfully, but falling in Gu Yanhao's ears, the words stung.

Half dragged and half pulled by Mu Gu, Gu Yanhao left the room, turning his head back once every few steps to look at Song Wuyou. He saw her lying on the bed with her eyes half closed as if she was unable to fight the sleepiness anymore, and definitely had no time to observe his antics. There was no sense of dependency and no air of depression, like there was no relation between him and her. Wrong, more like she preferred his absence. Gu Yanhao's frown deepened. Was it really as Mu Gu said, she doesn't like him clinging to her?  His thoughts drifted to the past, to a time when she was the one clinging to him...

So, this was how it felt like being hated by someone you love.

Gu Yanhao exited the room and swung off Mu Gu's hand with a cold expression.

Mu Gu noticed his dark as coal expression and quickly said, "I'll buy, okay?"

"I don't need it." He has money.

"Wuyou needed rest, so you should let her rest properly. If you starved yourself to death and fell ill, who's there to take care of her?" Shaking his head, Mu Gu mumbled, "I really can't understand the two of you. In the past, she clung to you, and now, you're clinging to her. Is this what they mean by feng shui reversal?"

When Gu Yanhao returned, it was one hour later. He opened the door and walked in, carrying a food container in his hand. Seeing Song Wuyou was lying with her eyes closed on the bed, he lightened his footsteps as he approached the bedside.

Standing straight, he eyes gazed down on Song Wuyou's sleeping face.

________________________________
Translator: Woodear Editor: Ocelot

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 142K 60
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
380K 11.7K 200
Continue from chapter 198 The iron blooded Master Mu had three specialities: great marksmanship, great skills and masterful ways to spoil his wife! E...
9.1K 243 22
Title : After the Female Supporting Character Who Lost Favor Logged off, Her Ten Older Brothers Went Crazy Author: Mu Ruoyun Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN...
160K 2.1K 21
**NOT MINE** ¡FOR OFFLINE READING PURPOSES! Shi Jin was a desperate woman and just a pretty face in her past life. She was swapped at birth and broug...