The Mystery of Scarlett

By theoneandonly9240

Scarlett has always been a mystery in the world of Lux, where supernaturals live in uneasy alliances and in... More

Chapter 1: The Return
Chapter 2: Soulmates
Chapter 3: Sage
Chapter 4: The Gold Dress
Chapter 5: An Old Fae
Chapter 6: Market Deals
Chapter 7: Minds and Missions
Chapter 8: War Plans
Chapter 9: Secrets
Chapter 10: Mine
Chapter 12: Transformations
Chapter 13: Amulets and Teamwork
Chapter 14: The Ball
Chapter 15: No blood on the carpet!
Chapter 16: Puzzle Pieces
Author's Note
Chapter17: Maddie
Author's Note
Chapter 18: Wings
Chapter 19: Love Potions
Chapter 20: Winter Wedding
Chapter 21: Unexpected Guests
Chapter 22: Wedding Crashers
Author's Note
Chapter 23: Crowns
Chapter 24: Brothers
Chapter 25: The Ledge
Chapter 26: Goodbye
Chapter 27: Road Trip
Chapter 29: Day 1
Chapter 30: Lycos
Chapter 31: Jace
Chapter 32: Demons and Fathers
Chapter 33: Flashbacks
Chapter 34: Found
Author's Note
Chapter 35: Fighting Monsters
Chapter 36: Revenge
Author's Note
Chapter 37: Vacation
Chapter 38: The Opening
Chapter 39: The Arrival
Chapter 40: Change of Scenes
Author's Note
Chapter 41: Soul Searching
Chapter 42: The Bottle
Chapter 43: The Story of The Bottle
The Prophecy
Author's Note
Chapter 44: Promises
Chapter 45: Addictions
Author's Note
Chapter 46: Sacrifices and Goodbye

Chapter 11: Obsidian

13.4K 580 19
By theoneandonly9240

Scarlett~

The wolf bowed his head asking me to pet him. I touched his head, his black fur was soft and silky as I ran my fingers through it.

Will you accept me as your mate? A male voice in my head echoed. I knew immediately it was the wolf, he was mind-linking me.

Do I accept him as my mate? How would this even work? Suddenly I didn't care, I was just tired of being alone. Of nobody understanding me, of feeling betrayed, I was tired of feeling guilty and most of all I was tired of being lonely.

Yes I accept you as my mate. I mind-linked back indifferent towards the consequences or of the problems that this could cause me. I could feel the happiness radiating off the wolf in waves and I couldn't help but smile.

Come on let's keep walking

He followed me and we walked side by side.

What's your name? 
I asked curiously.

I want you to name me.

I thought about his glossy black fur.

Obsidian. Your new name should be Obsidian. Do you like it?I asked eagerly.

I love it.

With my super-hearing I heard the snap of a twig 10 miles from where I was.

"They are coming." I said aloud

Get on my back. I'll take you somewhere safe. You will have to explain to me later.

Okay.

I climbed on top of the him, gripping onto his fur, making sure that I didn't hold him to tight. I whispered in his ear.

"Let's go."

We took off. The wind was blowing through my hair and Obsidian was going very fast but he was holding back.

"Faster Obsidian! Faster! This is fun!" I yelled over the sound of the wind. My surroundings were passing by me quicker than I expected and I was enjoying this just Obsidian, me and the wind.

Hold on  He said extremely amused at my behaviour. We went faster and faster until the thrill of speed overcame the fear of the death.

Then we came to a sudden stop.

"Aww... it's over." I complained.

Yes it's over... What's your name? Obsidian asked suddenly.

My name's Scarlett but you can rename me too.

Your new name will be speedy.  Obsidian said teasingly.

Fine. Then your new name will be Fido. I retorted back.

Speedy.

Fido.

Speedy.

Fido.

I looked around, we were right next to a waterfall. The crystal blue water was breathtakingly beautiful. 

"Can I get in?"

Obsidian nodded.

I jumped in doing a cannon ball, sighing because of the coolness. Obsidian hadn't gotten in yet.

Obsidian what's wrong?

I am not a fan of water.

Why not?

It's just so wet. It messes with my fur. It makes my fur look puffy. I smirked having an idea.

You're not scared Obsidian are you? I asked innocently.

No I am not scared of water.

Then get in.

Obsidian sighed internally and leaped in and starting swimming towards me.

Happy?

Yes. I said happily let's get out now I want to see how puffy your fur gets.

I should have known Obsidian grumbled

I promise not to laugh at you. I'm sure you will still look beautiful afterwards...

I added with a snicker.

I am not beautiful. I'm handsome or hot.

Sure you are. Little fur-ball.

"Scarlett I finally found you." The voice said with relief and Damien wrapped his arms around me and I quickly pushed him away. Obsidian growled.

"Scarlett who's that?" Damien asked pointing to Obsidian who stood behind me, snarling and growling, ready to attack.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 5.2K 31
Pages are slowly being edited. Chapters may not add up with other chapters because of this, sorry. This story was written a couple of years ago and d...
41 1 16
In the Kingdom of Rosewood, Princess Scarlett is torn between her duty as a royal and her desire for independence. Sent away to boarding school for h...
18 0 9
In a world where everything is normal, the reality reveals that normal is only what we want to believe in; what we were taught to believe in. However...
2.5M 119K 43
Liam Black holds a dark secret inside of him. This secret is cold, merciless, and as dark as the night. It flows through his veins and teases his ski...