STAR BLOSSOM | JUNGKOOK [HIAT...

By JeonSaeHyun

❝Remember how you told me that you wanted to find the most beautiful moment in life?❞ ❝I'll help you with tha... More

N O T E
C H A R A C T E R S
P R O L O G U E
「001」
「002」
「003」
「004」
「005」
「006」
「007」
「008」
「009」
「010」
「011」
「012」
「013」
「014」
「015」
「016」
「017」
「018」
「019」
「020」
「021」
「022」
「023」
「024」
「025」
「026」
「027」
「028」
「029」
「030」
「031」
「032」
「033」
「034」
「035」
「036」
「037」
「038」
「039」
「040」
「041」
「042」
「043」
「045」
「046」
「047」
「048」
「049」
「050」
「051」
「052」
「053」
「UPDATE」

「044」

2.1K 75 52
By JeonSaeHyun

0 4 4

INTRO: O!RUL8,2?

══════↯══════

I stare at Jiho with wide eyes while Jungkook looked at both of us back and forth with confusion. This is real, it isn't a gamble or a game, it's just one life, a life that was called Kwon Jiho, was standing in front of me. We stood there for a long moment in a state of shock and surprise. I notice Jiho's lips quiver a little before he managed to speak words.

"You're alive," said Jiho, "You're really right in front of me right now."

"Hm? What do you mean Jiho?" I question as he suddenly threw his arms around me, squeezing me tight, "Jiho I c-can't bre-athe..."

"Oh my apologies, I should be the one to say that," laughed Jiho as he took out his inhaler from his pocket to show me.

I smile back, it really is Jiho, that inhaler confirms that it's him because he's had asthma since he was little, can't believe he even joked about it. Suddenly Jungkook coughs, making Jiho and I aware that he was still there with us.

"Why don't we go somewhere more quiet to talk?" suggested Jiho, "You and your friend can come join me in my dorm. We have a lot of catching up to do."

I looked at Jungkook to get his opinion, he nods, "Okay then let's go~" What I hadn't notice was him wincing at the word 'friend'.

━━━━━━━━━

Jiho unlocked the door to his room and we were greeted with a familiar setting. His dorm room is the same as Jungkook and I's but with a green accent. He gestures Jungkook and I to sit down before returning with cups of tea.

"Wow you've already familiarized yourself with this dorm already? And to think you just transferred in today," I say as I took a sip of tea.

"Actually, it's been a week since I've settled in this school," replied Jiho with a smile.

"You were the one who went to the cafe the other day, wasn't it?"

"How did you know? I didn't even notice you," said Jiho.

"Who could miss a customer who comes in all cloaked in black, plus a mask to hide their identity?" I joked, "And I did catch your initials while taking your order, sorry for not noticing it was you much earlier, I was in complete doubt that I would get another chance to see you again."

Jiho laughed it off, "It's fine Yoonbyul, I don't expect you to recognize me straight away, it's been how long since I've last seen you? Maybe ten years by now right? I'm surprised at how much you still look the same."

"I could say the same to you, ten years later and you're still the same old handsome kid."

We were lost in our own world, recollecting memories from the past and catching up with each other's achievements before I finally felt a strong aura next to me becoming a little irritated. I turn my head to realize Jungkook was with us, I totally ignored him this whole time.

"Oh right Jiho, I forgot to introduce you to my friend, this is Jungkook, and Jungkook this is Jiho, my childhood friend," I say with a smile.

"Nice to meet you Jiho," said Jungkook as he shook Jiho's hand.

"Same to you, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance," smiled Jiho, "I could've sworn I've seen you somewhere, you just seem so familiar."

"Ah yes, I'm a member of the group BTS," replied Jungkook proudly.

I'm glad they're both getting along. I was worried about how I was to make sure both of my friends become friends with each other. It's rather strange to say this now, but I'm sure they can become lovely friends with each other. Come to think of it, why was Jiho so shocked to see me alive? I should ask.

"Hey Jiho, about earlier, what did you mean by 'you're alive'," I tilt my head in confusion while Jiho placed his cup down with a sigh.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to put it that way, I was just really surprised," Jiho starts twiddling his thumbs, "You see... when you disappeared, I was told that you had died, of course I didn't believe it at first and wasn't sure about the truth because I was only six at the time. I knew for sure, however, that your parents and Hanbyul noona had passed, so I just assumed the worst. You never returned to play with me after that and that's when it hit that you really probably had passed on as well."

My mouth shaped into a frown, "No I'm sorry Jiho, I should've contacted you or something, but I moved away with my halmeoni after the incident and right after my heart surgery."

"It's alright Yoonbyul, I'm just glad that you're still here and that the surgery was a success, we can make new memories here," smiled Jiho as he held my hands.

I nod back while holding back my tears. It's truly wonderful having Jiho back in my life again. It's been way too long. My phone suddenly starts buzzing, it's a message from the office?

"I'll be right back you guys, I have to run to the office for a quick moment, I will be right back so you two have a conversation with each other!" I say as I left Jiho's dorm.

J U N G K O O K

The atmosphere suddenly grew cold and the room was silent. I don't know how many times I've sipped from this cup of tea, it's nearly empty now. 

"Say... Jungkook," said Jiho, "I'll be honest, I never thought Yoonbyul would've became such close friends with you."

Is this boy trying to pick a fight with me? But judging that it's Yoonbyul's friend, I'm sure he has other intentions.

"I apologize for making that sound rather rude, I mean it in a good way. You see, Yoonbyul has always been the cautious type, it may be because of her illness and situation that made her that way but I know her enough that that's not the only case," sighed Jiho, "And I almost forgot, you consider yourself an idol right Jungkook?"

"Yes, yes I do, I sing and perform for a living."

"Ah, you're positioned higher in society because of your idol status, which is great and I'm very happy for you achieving your dreams to become an artist, but my point here is that your idol status is what doesn't match with Yoonbyul," continued Jiho, "I'm sure you've already had this chat with Yoonbyul before."

"Yes I did, it was one of the reasons why Yoonbyul and I struggled to become friends with each other," I reply, worrying about what he might say next.

"I see, I'm assuming you're aware about Yoonbyul's intentions then."

"Hm?"

It's as if Jiho sees right through Yoonbyul and I. I must say that I'm quite shocked, but now I can definitely see why Yoonbyul has trusted this guy for so long. My uneasy feelings from earlier suddenly subsided, I wonder what that emotion really was.

"Yoonbyul was worried that your friendship with each other would affect your career. Am I correct?" asked Jiho.

"How could you tell?"

"Well, I'm sure you've noticed this as well, Yoonbyul's the type of person to put other's before herself. She always wants the best for those around her but never for her own self. She's never been selfish or even questioned 'why am I not in my life and in some other person's life?', explained Jiho, "It's because she doesn't even hesitate that thought to choose to solve another person's problems before her own."

My heart grows warm, even though I've already noticed that quality about Yoonbyul, I still feel indebted to her. I kept pestering her to become friends with me without even really thinking about the consequences. If I had, she wouldn't have went through the whole Yeonseo fiasco at all. It's all my fault that she probably feels constricted, even when I said I would take responsibility for future complications involving our friendship, I feel like she'll end up taking the blow. Ugh I'm such an idiot.

"Hey Jungkook," said Jiho as he placed a hand on my shoulder, "I know what you're thinking, it's not your fault okay? It's the way Yoonbyul is, I'm sure she doesn't see you negatively. From what I've seen and what I've heard so far, you're not a bad guy Jungkook. And I think your friendship with Yoonbyul has made her become a much more happier person than her past self. I thank you for that."

I smile, "Thanks for the reassurance. You and Yoonbyul sure have the same way of speaking."

"Oh really? I guess that might be one of the reasons why I get along with you then," laughed Jiho.

The ambience in the room finally grew warm and soft, I'm beginning to feel more comfortable around Jiho.

"Ah, I wanted to ask, how did you and Yoonbyul meet?"

"I knew you would ask that," smiled Jiho before continuing, "Let's just say Yoonbyul and I were considered outcasts back then. We were both sick children, she had a heart problem and I had asthma, and because of our health, many kids didn't play with us. One day at pre-school, I approached her because she was sitting alone on the bench. We started talking and have been friends ever since. We had the same perspective for the way life was, we always talked about how nothing lasts forever, you only live once and that we should take chances and never regret, never, never be late to do what you wanna do right now because at one point of someday, everything that you did would be exactly what you will be. That was what we lived by and what brought our friendship closer together."

"I would've never thought you guys would've been such wise children at that age, growing up my father simply told me to enjoy life. I always wanted to question the most strangest and most trivial things as well. For instance I would always ask why the natural became unnatural and why the unnatural became natural; weird questions like that."

"Well I can see why you would have those kinds of thoughts. You grew up healthy, that's one of the things I envy about you Jungkook. You didn't really have to worry about the future as much as Yoonbyul and I. I don't mean to say this to burden you in any way. Your way of life is just much different than ours and despite all of that I think that's what's bringing you closer to Yoonbyul. Your perspective of life is really opening a brighter path for her. I appreciate you for that."

A thought suddenly appeared in my mind, if Jiho has this way of thinking, I'm sure he has had thoughts about what he would like to become when he gets older despite all his worries about his health as well as his worry for Yoonbyul. I've already figured out mine, but I'm always curious about other peoples' dreams.

"Jiho?"

"Yes?" replied Jiho while wiping his mouth after finishing his tea.

"What do you want to be when you grow up? I'm curious about your dream."

Jiho broke a smile, "When I grow up, I want to be happy."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 8.2K 59
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
226K 14.6K 77
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
179K 4K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
855K 45.4K 32
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...