Never Again - Ruby Rose x Mal...

By Pie-inator

Due to a tragic incident that took place in Haven Academy, (Y/N) (L/N) was forced to move to Vale. After bein... More

You Belong
First Impressions
Surpise
Dust Hike Brawl
Best Day Ever
Dread
Unfolded Past
Unfolded Past II
Forgiveness
Proposing for a Dance
Swaying Preparation
Swaying Preparation II
Dancing with Fire
Stocking Up
A Close Encounter
Down Under
Brace for Impact
Last Stand

Welcome To Vale

16.9K 134 66
By Pie-inator

Your POV

Grimm are everywhere, tearing down buildings and attacking civilians. I try to make out on where I am, but don't recognize my surroundings. A loud roar can be heard miles away; it's coming from a tower of some sort. There appears to be a large flying Grimm circling it.

"Where the heck am I?"

A bright flash emerged from the top of the tower illuminating everything in sight, I look away as it was blinding.

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

I woke up to the sound of my irritating alarm, and slammed my hand on it making it stop. I slowly sat up rubbing my forehead, the pain was unbearable.

"Man. That's the fourth time this week."

I got out of bed and changed into my (F/C) Hoodie, (F/C) combat pants and boots. The smell of bacon and eggs instantly hit my nose, and I ran towards the table.

"I knew you'd come down running." Mom teased. "Did you finish packing up your stuff already?"

"Yeah, days ago, it's kinda hard to get my clothes since they're already in the suitcase. Well most of them are."

A sad expression suddenly grew on my mom's face.

"You don't want say one last goodbye to your friends in Haven Academy?" she asked hesitantly.

"It's fine." I answered in a monotone manner. "Besides, after what happened, the entire academy pretty much despises me."

"I understand," she said placing her hand on my shoulder. "Anyway, we'll be leaving in an hour or so. Your dad will be waiting for us in Vale."

I simply nodded and decided to head back into my room. As I cleared out the remaining clothes in my closet, I find something that sank my heart. I stare at the pendant and a photo of my old team, tears started to form in my eyes, just simply looking at these bring back the feeling of dread, sorrow and guilt.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..." I couldn't stop my tears from flowing down my face.

== Fast-forward 5 months later ==

"Son, it's probably time that we talk." My Dad suddenly spoke up.

"But I literally just got back from the store?" I said a bit confused. "But if it's that important."

I placed down the groceries on the table and took a seat on the opposite end facing Dad.

"I know we've had this conversation when you first arrived here, but try considering joining Beacon next year." he explained. "You used to be one of the top students in Haven, not to mention, very skilled in combat. It's a bit sad to see it all go to waste."

"I know dad." I sighed. "But I can't bring myself to fight again. I'm sure you understand why."

I excused myself and decided to leave the house for some fresh air. I took a long stroll at the docks and sat down at the pier. The sound of the waves and the smell of the ocean breeze somehow always clears my thoughts. I look up to see four friends fishing, I pulled out the pendant and stared at it blankly. Memories started flowing back into my head, of my team laughing and having fun. However, I was snapped back to reality when an explosion occurred on the opposite end behind me.

"What the." I said under my breath.

A dust shop was being robbed by a bunch of men wearing black, and I assume that the one in white was their boss.

"Might as well, I guess."

I head towards the dust shop and was noticed by one of the men, and he instantly unsheathes his... baseball bat?

"Stop right there." He yelled at me.

I ignored his words and just kept walking.

"I said stop! You trying to get hurt kid?" He blocked my path and raised his bat in the air and took a swing at me. "What the..."

I caught the bat with my right hand and pushed him back.

"That's not fair, I haven't activated my weapon yet." I said in a monotone voice.

I pulled up my hoodie's right sleeve and twisted my metal wristband as it unfolded into a gauntlet covering my entire forearm. I loaded it with lightning dust, and the outline of my gauntlet started glowing yellow and sparked as electricity surged through it.

"Now we can play." I grinned.

I rushed towards the man and punched him in the gut, sending him flying towards the dust shop's wall. It caught the attention of the other men and they started an onslaught against me. One after another they swung their weapons and shot in my direction, I easily counter their strikes and dodge their shots. I punch my gauntlet onto the ground creating a shockwave sending them all flying.

"Enough!" yelled the man in white. "We can't waste any more time with this kid."

He pointed his cane towards me and a crosshair suddenly popped up at the end of it.

"Hold up, is your cane a gu-" I was cut off as he started firing rounds of explosive dust towards me.

I dodged his shots, but one managed to hit me straight on and launched me a good distance back. I regained my composure and quickly recovered from the blast.

The man in white and his remaining men ran off and I pursued them, we ended up at the roof of an abandoned warehouse as they jumped onto an airship. Where the heck did that come from?

I loaded a round of water and air dust into my gauntlet and took aim at the ship.

"Gotcha." I smiled in victory as I shot a beam of ice, freezing one of the ship's propellers. "One more should bring you down."

My little celebration was cut short when the ice was broken off by fire. A woman in red, melted off the ice and started firing balls of fire towards my direction. I countered the flames with my ice, it didn't take too long for mist to form after the constant barrage from both her fire and my ice attacks.

"Damnit, where are they." I said to myself, however my question was answered when a large fireball sent me off the roof, hanging onto whatever I could grab on.

"Next time you mess with me, make sure you can aim." The man in white laughed. "No one messes with Roman Torchwick!"

They fled after Roman said his little insult. I managed to pull myself back up onto the remains of the roof and flopped onto my back.

"That was quite impressive young man." someone complimented out of nowhere.

"Thanks I guess, but may I ask who you are?" I asked cautiously. "And what are you doing out here?"

"Allow me to introduce myself," The man said adjusting his glasses. "My name is Ozpin and I'm-"

"The headmaster of Beacon Academy." I said cutting him off. "I'm aware of that part at least. Just didn't expect someone like you to be out here, at an abandoned part of the shipyard."

"I was simply strolling through the city when a dust robbery took place, we were going to take action but since you intervened we decided to observe your skills and follow you." Ozpin explained.

"Wait... I just got shot off the roof and nearly fell to my death and you just watched!?" I said irritated.

"Technically 'we' watched, and no, of course we took action." He retaliated.

"What action!?" I answered still irritated.

"I made Professor Oobleck contact Professor Goodwitch to arrange forms." He simply stated. "Would you mind coming down here?"

I groaned and let myself roll off the edge of the roof and landed on both legs in front of Ozpin.

"Those forms were for you, you put up quite the show today and I would like to further enhance those talents of yours if you'd let me." He further explained.

"Thanks, but no thanks." I said bluntly. "Even if I did accept, it's already probably a semester in since your classes have started. What use would that be for me and for you as well?"

"Children with potential are always welcome, certain occasions like these allow me to bend the rules and make way for talented individuals like you into the academy, to be able to train them and further enhance their skills as a huntsman and or huntress. However, I'm not forcing you to join and the choice will still be up to you." Ozpin grabs something from within his coat. "Here's my card, you have by the end of tomorrow afternoon to make up your mind. Don't hesitate to call if you consider our offer. May I ask for your name as well before I take my leave?"

"It's (Y/N) (L/N), sir." I replied.

Ozpin smiled and nodded as he took his leave accompanied by a man with green hair, who I assume must be Oobleck. I placed the card into my hoodie's pocket and left not long after.

I skipped dinner as I got home, due to the adrenaline still rushing through me. Looking back at what happened today ignited something within me again, something I haven't felt in a long time. I pull out my pendant and smiled. I dialed the number on the card using my scroll and after ringing twice, someone answered.

"Hello, this is (Y/N) (L/N). When do I start?"

===================================

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 154 5
After the fall of Beacon Ruby sets out towards Haven with Team JNPR in search for some answers as to why this has happened and what may be coming in...
2.2K 45 9
Beacon's second semester is here! Y/n is still being monitored closely by Ozpin and Y/n is amazed at how a man like him has made it so far even with...
7.6K 164 20
With the coming of the Vital Festival and students from other schools coming to Beacon, everyone is under pressure to represent their school. For Y/N...
49.3K 639 10
Sequel to "Hello Old Friend" After the tragedy that was the Fall of Beacon, you and Ruby have a choice to either go on the hunt for these criminals o...