π‘‘π˜©π‘’ π˜©π‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘‘ π‘œπ‘“ π‘›π‘Žπ‘Ÿ...

By _sun_of_a_beach_

βπ‘€π‘œπ‘€, 𝑛𝑖𝑐𝑒 π‘™π‘œπ‘œπ‘˜! π‘‘π˜©π‘’ π‘π‘™π‘œπ‘œπ‘‘ π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘Žπ‘™π‘™π‘¦ π‘π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘›π‘”π‘  π‘œπ‘’π‘‘ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠.❞ 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚝�... More

I. prologue
II. a familiar name
III. lucy finds a wardrobe
V. on the run
VI. toast
a/n
VII. the fox
VIII. merry christmas
IX. river rush
a/n
X. quiet
XI. a question
XII. the last night
a/n
XIII. eye of the storm
XIV. this great war; 1
a/n
a/n
XV. this great war; 2
XVI. fighting's end
XVII. the end of the beginning
+sequel
+shameful self promo
+updated self promo

IV. lark in narnia

7.5K 181 183
By _sun_of_a_beach_

I was shaken awake by none other than Lucy Pevensie. I had somehow been placed in my bed after I had passed out.

"What---why am I here?" I asked sleepily. It was now nighttime. 

"Oh, Ed brought you here after you fell asleep. But come one! We've got to go!"

"Go...? Lucy, go where?"

"To Narnia of course! It's real! I want you to meet Mr. Tumnus!" Lucy pulled me out of bed, not even giving me time to change out of my nightgown (A/N: shown below lol)

We padded quietly along and finally ended up at the wardrobe. I climbed inside, and my mind was overwhelmed by two thoughts.

1. This felt too familiar to be true.

2. Edmund brought me to my room. Edmund brought me to my room.

Now, I know, of all things to be thinking at the moment, the second one was a bit...I don't know...irrelevant? But I didn't care. Maybe he wasn't such a jerk after all...

Lucy led me by the hand through the rows of coats. Of course, you would think I expected to feel the back of the wardrobe eventually, but funnily enough, I didn't.

Something about it felt different...I couldn't put my finger on it.

We kept walking until suddenly Lucy stopped.

"Lu...what are you..." I never got to finish my sentence, because just then Lucy nailed me in the chest with a snowball.

A Snowball. Lucy just hit me with a snowball.

I stepped into the open and found myself in a forest.

I was in a forest.

Of course, I did the only sensible thing to do.

I made my own snowball and threw it straight at Lucy.

A full-on snowball fight ensued. We rolled through the snow, ducking and twisting out of each other's reach. 

Rolling on my back through the snow, I ran into something cold and metallic. Turning around, I found myself face to face (or face to metal I guess) with a lamppost.

Suddenly, I remembered.

"A-Aslan, when will I be back?"

"Soon, dear one, soon."

"I'm scared."

"There is no need to fear, dear one. You will be safe until we meet again. You will not remember me, or this, only what I have told you. I love you, child. Now you must go."

Aslan. Who is Aslan?

"What?" I heard Lucy ask. I didn't realize I had said the last part out loud.

"Nevermind Lucy. Let's go see Mr. Tumnus."

We trudged through the snow until we made it to his home. Mr. Tumnus greeted us at the door.

"Lucy! So good to have you back! And who is this you've brought with you? Is she from Spare Oom as well?"

Lucy giggled. "Yes, this is Lark. Lark, meet Mr. Tumnus." Mr. Tumnus's eyes widened at the mention of my name. I pretended I didn't see.

"Please, come inside. I've made some tea."

We sat in Mr. Tumnus's living room, sipping our tea as he told us the stories of old Narnia before it was taken over by winter.

After about an hour, Mr. Tumnus broke the comfortable silence by asking: "Are either of you familiar with any Narnian lullabies?"

"Sorry, no..." Lucy said timidly.

"That's good," He continued, "Because this probably won't sound anything like one." He pulled out a double reed flute and began to play...

Soon enough, we were both asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I awoke to the sound of Lucy and Mr. Tumnus talking.

"I'm such a bad fawn," Mr. Tumnus moaned, "I'm such a terrible, terrible fawn!"

"Why, no you aren't!" I exclaimed.

"Yes, you're the nicest fawn I've ever met. I bet you're the nicest fawn in the whole world!" Lucy cried.

"No! No, I'm not!"

"Well, what is it you've done?" I asked.

"It;s not what I have done, its what I'm doing. In fact, I'm doing it, at this moment!"

"What is it?" asked Lucy worriedly.

"Talking to you!" He explained. "I'm working with the White Witch and...and she told me to put to sleep and capture and son or daughter of Adam or Eve or....well, that's not important. I'm supposed to kidnap you!"

"Oh, but you won't right?" I asked.

"No, Mr. Tumnus, you really mustn't!" 

"Of course I won't! But you must get back now...they'll be here soon!"

Mr. Tumnus led us through the forest until we reached the lamppost.

"You can find your own way back, I hope?" He asked. We nodded.

Lucy gave him her handkerchief. We were just about to step back through the trees, when we heard growling. Then we saw them. Wolves.

I pulled Lucy behind me. "RUN!" I screamed. We began to run but one of the wolves separated us.

"Looks like your little friend the faun was a bit too late, huh?" Lucy screamed. They talk?

"Go!" I told her. Look at me, being all chivalrous. I realized then and there that I cared for her. For all of them. Even Edmund. Deeply.

Lucy looked at me, fear in her eyes.

"I SAID GO!" I yelled. Lucy backed into the overgrowth. Now, I was surrounded. Then I heard a voice.

"When I say jump, you jump! LARK! One..." Who was speaking? It didn't sound like a wolf if that even makes sense. So I know, it's crazy. but I was putting my trust in the strange unidentified voice.

"Two..."

Should I do this?

"Three..."

Can I do this?

"JUMP!"

I jumped...and landed on the back of a grey horse. Then it came to me. The voice came from the horse. Wow. Talking animals is definitely a thing here. Okay. Now we got that out of the way.

We rode until we found a sort of camp. I mean, lots of tents and things, but there were so many...not humans. Centaurs, fauns, giants, nymphs...things from children's books. They were real. They were all real.

And this place...it felt real too. Not like a dream. It felt...It felt like home.

My horse had introduced herself as Dessa on the ride, and that she would be my horse as long as I would have her. Funny, I seemed to be getting some special treatment deal here. It was...weird, to say the least. I said a nervous goodbye to her as I stood in front of the biggest tent. I was apparently waiting for an audience with 'The King of the Whole Wood' 

A centaur emerged from the tent. "Aslan will see you now."

Aslan...that name. How did I know that name?

I stepped inside, and I saw him.

Him. The great Lion, Aslan.

And I remembered...

I remembered everything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edmund's POV

"Peter, Peter wake up! It's real! It's real, It's all real! Lark saw it too! But she's trapped! We have to help her."

I heard Lucy as if from far away. I sat up in bed, still groggy.

And I was angry. Very angry.

"Woah, woah, woah. Lu, slow down."

"No, Peter! Lark's in trouble! We need to help her!"

Wait, what? I didn't believe Lucy, of course not...but...she sounded genuinely scared. And if Lark really was in trouble...I didn't know what I'd do.

"Lucy, there's no reason to worry. Lark's probably safe in her bed right now."

"No, Susan, you don't understand! She's not!"

I was fully awake now. I chose not to side with Lucy on this one. I had to believe it wasn't true.

"Go back to bed, Lucy. We're trying to sleep." Lucy cried and ran to her bed. I turned over and tried to fall asleep.

It couldn't be real...

Right?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N: REALLY LONG CHAPTER. I KNOW)

Lark's POV

Not knowing what else to do, I knelt. Aslan chuckled.

"Rise, dear one. I see you remembered?" 

I couldn't nod. I could barely breathe. I definitely couldn't stop the next words that came out of my mouth.

"I'm made of DIRT?"

Aslan laughed again. A wonderful, warm sound.

"Yes child, in a manner of speaking. But it does not due to dwell on that now. You have work ahead of you, hard work. You must train, and train hard. The others will be here. I cannot tell you when they will arrive, but I will say that it is soon."

"You don't mean---"

"I cannot tell you what I mean, dear one. But our meeting is over. You must go and clean up. You start training immediately."

I looked down, only then noticing how ripped and dirty my nightgown was. Also that my feet were bleeding and raw.

I smiled embarrassedly and left the tent.

I was whisked away by two nymphs who washed my hair and put me in a dress.

(A/N: YES I KNOW THIS IS LUCY'S DRESS FROM PRINCE CASPIAN DON'T COME FOR ME)

I walked out of the tent to find a centaur and a boy that could've been 15 or so. I smiled at them.

The centaur stepped up first.

"I am Orius," he said in a grand voice. "This is Jessop. He will be your sparring partner...eventually. You will be training together."

Jessop had black hair and Dark blue eyes. He was thin but muscular. He smiled crookedly at me and held out his hand. I shook it.

"Pleased to meet you, m'lady." Jessop dipped into an over exaggerated bow. I laughed.

Orius led us to the field and handed us each wooden swords.

"Let's begin."

We trained. We trained for three days, day in and day out. Both of our chosen weapons were swords, and Jessop and I became great friends.

At the end of those three days, we said our (somewhat tearful) goodbyes, as I was being sent to the house of some beavers. There I would spend the night until the four humans arrived.

I hoped to the gods it was the Pevensies.

No, I didn't hope to the gods.

I hoped to Aslan.

A/N: THAT WAS LONG.

Wow.

That's all I have to say.

Au Revoir, 

Z

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 3.4K 22
In Narnia everyone had heard of the prophecy of the two sons of Adam and the two Daughters of Eve they also heard of the forgotten Princess who would...
205K 4.3K 31
πΆπ‘œπ‘šπ‘’ β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘‘π‘œ π‘”π‘™π‘œπ‘Žπ‘‘ β„Žπ‘Žπ‘£π‘’ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’? πΆπ‘œπ‘šπ‘’ π‘œπ‘› 𝐼'π‘š π‘›π‘œπ‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘π‘Žπ‘‘, π‘Žπ‘š 𝐼? Katherine Edwards has lived next door to the Pev...
269K 6.4K 45
❝𝔅𝔒𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔒 π”„π”‘π”žπ”ͺ'𝔰 𝔣𝔩𝔒𝔰π”₯ π”žπ”«π”‘ π”„π”‘π”žπ”ͺ'𝔰 π”Ÿπ”¬π”«π”’ 𝔖𝔦𝔱𝔰 𝔬𝔫 𝔱𝔬𝔭 𝔬𝔣 𝔱π”₯𝔒 𝔱π”₯𝔯𝔬𝔫𝔒, 𝔄𝔫𝔬𝔱π”₯𝔒𝔯 𝔬𝔫𝔒 𝔬𝔣 π”„π”‘π”žπ”ͺ'οΏ½...
273K 6.3K 16
This is a story about a young girl named Emily. Emily Pevensie. The youngest of the Pevensie siblings. And she's also Lucy's twin sister. Emily does...