Paradise: A Brittana Fanfic

By thekid05

AU. Brittany and her family relocate to Hawaii. She meets a intriguing local girl who turns her world upside... More

Kamuela
CC Jons
Kiholo
Haole
Palehua
Hana Hou
Homecoming
October 15, 2006
Pololu Valley
Mauna Kea
Laupahoehoe Point
New Years Eve
Pahoa Tournament
Waiakea
Waimea Wooden Playground
Konawaena
Waipio Valley
Hi'ilawe
The Valley
Spring Formal
Her Past
Beer Pong
Argument
Coming Clean
Hear Me Out
Senior Game
Secrets & Stories
Fishing Tales
Questions
Worry
Truth Be Told
Uncle Ben's
Recovery
BIIF Championships
85
Changes
States Pt. 1
States Pt. 2
Champions
Mana Road
Puddle Action
Pualena
Graduation

Kohala

8.4K 138 117
By thekid05

Brittany woke up the next morning with puffy eyes and a headache. She hadn't felt like this in a very long time. Everything from the night prior was a blur. Whenever emotions overwhelmed her it was like she would black out. And that wasn't good. The last time that happened she ended up in the hospital with months of physical therapy. She turned over and saw that Santana wasn't on the bed with her anymore.

"San?" She called out. Santana wouldn't just leave without telling her right? She got off of the bed and walked towards the door. "San?" Nothing. Brittany got downstairs and caught a whiff of bacon frying in a pan. She turned the corner to see that Santana was cooking. "What are you doing?"

Santana turned around as if Brittany startled her. "Oh my God don't do that. I'm making breakfast for us. Duh." She turned back around and flipped the bacon. "Here. Have some orange juice."

"We didn't have orange juice though."

"I know. I went to the store and grabbed some." She slid the cup over to Brittany. "Just drink some."

Brittany grabbed the cup and started to sip on it. Her head was pounding. She could only imagine how she was going to feel when she got to school. School. She had totally forgotten that today was Monday.

"Oh fuck, what time is it?!" She grabbed Santana's phone off of the counter and saw that it was already 9:47. "We gotta get to school we're already late."

"Whoa calm down there, Sooner. We aren't going to school today. I called the office and let them know that your friend from back home passed away so you needed a day. My aunt works in there so we're covered. So sit down." Brittany sat back down and wiped her eyes. "How are you feeling?"

"Like complete shit. I have this pounding headache and I feel like my eyes are swollen or something." Santana walked around the counter and placed the plate down in front of Brittany. "This smells amazing. Thank you for making me breakfast."

"You're welcome." She placed a kiss gently on Brittany's head and walked back around the counter and took a seat in front of her. "I hope it isn't that terrible. I'm not much of a cook."

"It's really good, actually." They talked as they ate their breakfast.

"I'm glad. " After they finished eating, Santana washed the dishes and Brittany went back upstairs and laid back down on her bed. "Hey Britt?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you about what happened on-" Brittany looked up at her and she immediately stopped talking. "I'm sorry. You don't have to tell me what happened I just was wondering because Quinn called your phone last night and I answered. She mentioned something and I was wondering about it since last night."

"It's alright. I'll tell you what happened." She tapped on the bed and Santana walked over and sat down. "What did Quinn tell you?"

"Well, she asked if you were speeding and I told her no even though Rachel had told me you flew into the harbor. I didn't tell her, I figured that'd get you in some kind of trouble with her. I know how best friends get. But after that she asked if you were wearing a helmet, she told me that you have a tendency to speed. And after what happened sophomore year, you shouldn't be on the bike. Or something I'm not too sure. And that was pretty much it."

"That would be Quinn, always trying to protect me and stuff. I love her to death. But she knows that nothing will come between me and my bike." Brittany stood up and stretched. "Alright. Sophomore year, I was with this girl that went to school across town. We saw each other often but because she played like three different sports, she never had the time to hang out." She walked over to her desk and grabbed her laptop and sat back down. "Towards the end of the school year, she had a softball game about ten minutes from my place. I wanted to surprise her so I had Quinn meet up with me at the field and bring a bouquet of flowers. I would've ruined them if I brought them on my bike. But when we finally found her, she was making out with the girl she claimed was her best friend. And I lost it."

"Did she know you saw them?"

"No, she didn't. I threw the flowers down and Quinn chased after me but by the time she caught up, I had already taken off on my bike. It was one of the worst moments of my life. I got up onto the highway and floored it. I was going at least, 80. And that doesn't sound fast, but on a bike it was fast. I could feel everything. In my mind I guess I thought that I could ride away from the pain. Quinn tried calling me but it I wasn't about to pull out my phone."

"So she doesn't like you speeding because of that?"

Brittany had her laptop on now and was looking through her pictures. "Here." Santana looked over and saw a picture of a crushed bike.

"You.. Got into a accident?" Brittany handed her the laptop and she kept scrolling through the pictures.

"Yes. I lost control of my bike and I flew off. Quinn saw everything. She was a couple hundred feet behind me when it happened. When I hit the ground, I blacked out. And when I finally came to, she was over me trying to get me to wake up." Everything was replaying in Brittany's mind. The memory was so vivid. It was as if it was actually happening. Quinn taking her helmet off, the sound of other people calling 911. She felt water on her face only to realize that it was Quinn's tears hitting her. She brought her hand to her face to wipe it away only to realize that it was dry. She snapped back into reality and continued her story. "She was there through everything. The ambulance ride, in the E.R. She stayed every night I was in the hospital."

"What kine injuries did you have?"

"Let's see. I had a fracture in the thoracic region of my spine. A minor concussion, about three broken ribs and my shoulder was dislocated." Santana scrolled to the pictures of Brittany in the hospital. "I had to wear a back brace for about two and a half months and had tons of physical therapy. It healed and now it's almost as good as new."

"Wow. And so I'm guessing that's why Quinn is how she is about you riding a bike. I can understand. I mean, to see a friend go through that must have been terrible."

"It took a toll on her, that's for sure. My ex heard about what happened and came to visit me while I was still in the hospital. Quinn nearly got into a fight with her and blames her for what happened to me."

"That explains why she sounded so worried last night. It makes sense now." Santana stood up and placed the laptop back on the desk. "Does your back still bother you?"

"It does, from time to time. If it flares up really bad, I have medicine for it and my brace is in the closet. So in case anything happens, now you know. It doesn't happen often but it does happen. My doctor said that I can play softball and stuff, just no contact sports."

"Are you gonna make me worry about you all season, Sooner?" Santana smiled. "I feel like I have to be gentle with you now."

Brittany got up from the bed and pushed Santana up against the wall. She lifted her arms above her head and and put her lips next to her ear. "Gentle? That word isn't in my vocabulary." She faced Santana now, who had a surprised look on her face. "You think I'm going to be gentle with you? Don't baby me, Santana. None of this changes anything."

Santana pushed off of her and they switched places. But as Brittany hit the wall, her arms automatically dropped to her back. "Fuck."

She let go and started to panic. "Oh my God see this is why I was saying I have to be gentle!" Brittany stood up straight and started laughing.

"I was just playing."

"You asshole!" And Santana chased Brittany down the stairs and into the living room. They ran around the coffee table a couple times and finally she caught her and tackled her onto the couch. "Don't do that to me."

"I thought that I really hurt you." Santana's expression softened and Brittany felt bad. This girl really cared for her. Brittany turned and held Santana in her arms.

"I'm sorry. I was just playing around."

"If there is one thing that I don't want you playing around about, it's that. Because that kind of stuff is serious. I don't play with that stuff." Brittany kissed Santana and a smile emerged. "And one more thing. No more speeding. You got it?"

Brittany could tell that she was being serious. There wasn't much that she knew about this girl but she had a hold on her. It was like if Santana told her to strip, she would.

"Alright alright. No speeding."

For the next couple of hours, they cuddled and watched Netflix. Brittany made calls home to check up on her friends. Quinn was taking it particularly hard, being that she had the biggest crush on Macky for about a year. She laid in Santana's lap as she talked to Quinn. Santana ran her hands through her hair as she tried to console her best friend to the best of her abilities.

"I know it's hard for you, but it's going to be okay. What are you doing now?"

"I'm at Tully's house. She has the whole team over." As much fun Brittany was having in Hawai'i, she missed her friends a lot. "They told me to tell you hi and that they miss you."

"Oh! Tell them I miss them too. Hang on. I'll get my computer, do you guys want to Skype?"

"Yes! Please." Santana's hand had stopped running through her hair. Brittany looked up at her to see that she had fallen asleep. Carefully, she got up from the couch trying not to wake her up. She ran upstairs real quick to grab her laptop and came back down to find Santana in the same position.

Skype was already running so she signed on and called Quinn. When the window opened, her best friend had appeared on the screen along with the rest of her softball team.

"Britt-Britt we miss you! How's Hawai'i?"

"Oh it's great! It's so nice to see you guys!" One of them looked down at their watched and made her way to the front.

"Why aren't you in school? Isn't it like 12 something there?"

"It is. But I didn't go today." They talked for a few minutes until someone noticed that Brittany was laying in Santana's lap.

"Excuse me, who's lap are you laying on?" The girls sounded all shocked and started all talking at once. Brittany started laughing.

"This is Santana. She's the captain of the softball team for the school I go to."

"Santana is her new babe, guys. They kissed this weekend at the beach while camping. And drinking."

"Quinn shut up-"

"You were drinking? That's new. This girl must have you whipped cause we could never even get you to take a sip!" The girls were getting loud now and Brittany tried to turn down the volume but it didn't work. Santana woke up.

"Hey Brit what are you doing?" She opened her eyes to see about 6 pairs looking back at her. "Oh, well hello."

Brittany got up from the couch and started to walk away.

"She's pretty Britt!" Tully was yelling so that Santana could hear. Brittany looked back at Santana and blushed. "Are you guys a couple yet? Bring us back over there we want to meet her!"

"Oh my God you guys shut the fuck up." They were all laughing. Santana came over to where Brittany was sitting and stood behind her to look into the camera.

"Hi everyone." She was smiling, knowing that she was embarrassing Brittany. "You're friend here is a amazing person. She talks about you guys all the time."

"We have not heard anything about you! So, why don't you introduce yourself."

"You don't have to, San. They're just being a bunch of assholes." She turned back towards the camera and they all started giggling.

"No its only fair, I don't mind. Well, I'm Santana Lopez." She pointed to herself and continued talking. "I'm 17, I go to Honoka'a High School. I love going to the beach, diving and playing softball. I'm a catcher. Oh. And I love spending time with your girl Brittany here." She kissed Brittany on the cheek and turned back to the camera. "You guys have anything else?"

They all were hitting each other and smiling. "Do you have a friend? Preferably single, and look as good as you?"

"Alright that's enough, I'll talk to you all later. Quinn text me okay. Bye guys." And as she closed the laptop, the girls were screaming for her to stop. "You are the cutest person ever do you know that?"

"I do, actually. I'm well aware of that. Rachel's coming over, if that's alright?" Brittany stood up now and was holding onto Santana's hips.

"That's fine with me. Is she almost here?"

Santana gave her a slight smile and pointed. "She's outside, actually."

"Tell her to come in! Crazy. Don't leave her outside, waimea is kind of cold." Santana grabbed Brittany by the hand and walked towards the front door.

They invited Brittany inside she got out of her car with two drinks and a paperbag. "I know you must be going through a rough time so I brought food. A extra large vanilla sprite for both of you with fries."

Brittany ran over to her and took the drink. "You are such a great friend."

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm doing better. Thanks to Santana." She turned to Santana who was rummaging through the bag to get her share of fries. "How was school?"

"You know, terrible. But tolerable. The word got out about Santana jumping down that chicks throat when we was at Kiholo. So lucky she never come school. She would've caught so much shit."

"That girl was talking?"

"Of course. They was talking everybody how she kicked Santana's ass. And that they got you after too." Santana laughed from the kitchen.

"Wait till we get to school tomorrow. That girls gonna catch cracks." Brittany shut the door and Rachel followed her into the kitchen. Rachel gave her a dissaproving look and Santana threw her hands up. "What? She is! She still never learn."

"Just shut up San you not doing shit tomorrow. No ack." They all sat on chair around the dining table. "Anyway, my dads are in Hilo for the night and I'll be home alone."

"Just stay here. The more the merrier. Plus, I think you'll like my idea that I have for tomorrow." Rachel and Santana looked at Brittany, trying to figure out what kind of plan she had concocted. Brittany smiled and picked up her drink and took another sip.

It's a great plan, she thought. Its gonna be great.

--------------

The next morning, the girls got ready for school and walked out the front door.

"Oh! Wait. My plan!" Brittany ran back up the driveway and into the side door of the garage. She came back out with another helmet. "You'll need this. I figured since I still owe you that ride, I might as well make the most of it."

"You're letting me ride with you? But what about my truck?" Rachel whacked her arm. "What?"

"She's telling you to come back after school, dumbass. Now shut up and get on the bike."

Brittany was already sitting on the seat. She had turned on her bike and was getting ready to go. Rachel took their backpacks and said that she'll follow behind them. Brittany put the stand up and looked back at Santana.

"Make sure you hang on to me the entire time. Keep your feet up and lean into the turns with me. Okay?" Santana nodded and she put her helmet down.

Brittany was excited. She was packing Santana today and all she could think about was the fact that for fifteen minutes Santana would be holding on to her for dear life. Fifteen minutes of Santana being pressed up against her. It made her feel good. I mean, Santana must trust her enough to ride on a motorcycle with her.

As they reaches the school, Brittany saw the girl that Santana fought getting out of her car in the parking lot. She purposely parked her bike near her. Not too close but just far enough for her to be able to see them. They took their helmets off, and Brittany put the stand down. "Follow my lead okay?" The girl spotted them now and was staring.

"Got it."

"That was a great ride, wasn't it babe?" Santana looked at her with confusion but ran along with it.

"It was. It's so hot that you have a bike."

They could see the girls whispering something to each other and looking over at them.

"Is there something you would like to say, bitch?" The girl turned towards Brittany who was now walking in their direction. "Cause the last time you said something, you ended up on the ground."

"I don't have nothing to say to you, haole. How about you walk your ass back over to that piece of shit bike over there and mind your own business?"

"How about you quit staring at my girl here? We all know the only reason you made that lame ass comment at the beach was because your just mad that Santana won't get with your slutty ass."

A crowd had formed and went crazy when Brittany started to walk away. The girl was trying to go after Brittany but her friends were stopping her.

"High five Britt. You fuckin told her ass. You guys can put the helmets in my car." Brittany took the helmet out of Santana's hand and placed them both in Rachel's back seat. "You knew that girl was going to be in the parking lot."

"Now that was fucking sexy." Santana grabbed onto Britt's hand and interlocked their fingers.

It was like Brittany's hand was made to hold Santana's. They walked over to the stairs near the armory where everyone was sitting.

"Morning guys."

"Well isn't it the two lovebirds? How you feelin' Sooner? We heard about your friend. We're real sorry. I can't imagine losing any one of these girls here. We got a card and all signed it, that way you can send it up to your team." Kalei grabbed the card out of her binder and handed it to Brittany. "It isn't much, but we wanted to do something."

Brittany opened and looked at all the little notes and best wishes written on the inside, along with a team picture of all the girls. "This is real sweet. Thanks guys. I'll send it home after school."

The rest of the day went by smoothly. They didn't hear anything about the girl from Kiholo, which was a good sign. When the last bell of the day rung, Brittany met up with Santana and Rachel.

"Ready to go back to Waimea?"

Rachel turned to Santana and nudged her.

"Actually, there's someplace I want to take you. Well you'll be taking me but you get the idea." Santana grabbed the two helmets out of Rachel's car. "That's only if you're up for holo holo." The look on Brittany's face said it all. "It pretty much means cruise. Like, go for a ride."

"Ah okay I got it. I'm fine with it. It'll help me get my mind off of Macky."

"When I want you to turn I'll just tap your thigh or something."

"Good idea." They climbed onto Brittany's bike and left the school.

After a couple turns, Brittany ended up riding along a bunch of pastures. It was incredibly beautiful. It almost seemed as if this grass was greener than any other grass she's ever seen. They were going up a hill, because when she looked to her left she could see the road that led down to Kawaihae. The road was pretty twisty and turny but she didn't mind, those were her favorite. She opened her visor and the fresh crisp air hit her face. It was so refreshing. Santana was still holding onto her tightly. There were cattle and horses everywhere she looked. Another ten minutes went by and Santana tapped her one last time. They were going down a particularly large hill now. There were huge windmills to her right. They reached the bottom and Brittany pulled into the parking lot.

"Where are we?" Brittany stood up after putting her stand down and Santana hopped off and took her helmet off. "This place is, just amazing."

"As promised, this is another place I love to come to and just sit and relax. This is Kohala. It is the northern most part of the island. We're at Kohala's airport. Its small, mostly used by those small little charter planes that only have seating for two." They places the helmets on the seats and Brittany followed Santana past the gate.

"Are we allowed in here?"

"Technically, no. But theres never anyone here so I just come whenevers." They walked out onto the runway and Santana stopped. "I wanted to bring you here because this is one of my most favorite spots on the entire island. The view is absolutely ridiculous and its just so peaceful. Kohala is a small town."

"Is it a cliff over there? Like if you walk passed the fence will you just fall straight down?"

"I'm gonna say sorta kinda? I don't know really I haven't ever passed the fence and I don't plan to. So don't get any ideas." She smiled and pulled Brittany closer. The butterflies had reappeared in her stomach and it made her feel all tingly.

In fact, anytime she was spending time with Santana she felt tingly. It was like she wasn't able to contain her happiness anymore. Brittany could hear birds chirping in the distance, cows mooing, and the sound of her heart beating out of her chest. Nothing made her happier than being in Santana's arms.

"So. What are you thinking about right now?"

"Why do you always ask that question?" Santana shrugged and pulled Brittany a little closer.

"I guess because its a question that's always on my mind when I'm with you. You know me, I always speak my mind. I just wonder what's on yours."

"Well how about you tell me what's on your mind?"

"Alright, well. What's on my mind is that I'm excited. I'm excited for what's yet to come. What's in store for us in the future. Because to tell you the truth, I haven't stopped thinking about you since the moment I met you. I'm not too good with expressing my feelings which is why Rachel helped me with what I was going to tell you today. You, Brittany Pierce, are an amazing girl. Woman, in fact. And you're so, full of mystery. Like a book that has yet to be read." Santana's words were making her heart melt- they were making her weak at the knees. "I brought you up here mostly because this spot is where I first fell in love. My first brought me up here to tell me how she felt about me and since then, whenever I pass this place while driving I always think of her. But- now when I pass it I'll be thinking of you. This place will now be the place where I told you how I felt. And there's nothing more that I want then to be able to share all these wonderful, beautiful places with you. Because it would be selfish of me not to give you a chance to experience everything I have."

Brittany felt a single tear fall from her eye. Santana wiped it away but didn't take her hand off of her face. Her thumb gently traced her cheek bone and made its way down.

"I promise that I will make every second with me worth while, Brittany."

"I believe you."

Santana leaned in and they kissed. But this kiss was different and Brittany felt it. It was like a thousand of cupids arrows were hitting her heart. Like it was love. But it was way too soon to be thinking about love. They weren't even a couple yet. But didn't stop her from thinking that it could be a possibility. Like a love at first sight kind of thing. It may sound corny and cliche but it was the truth and as much as her head denied it she knew it her heart there was something there.

"I'm not ready to be a couple yet, I want to ask you at the perfect time. And I know this moment seems so perfect but I have something planned for that so you're going to have to wait and see." Brittany smiled.

"I'm ready whenever you are, San."

"There's something you can't say everyday. You kissed someone in the middle of a landing strip." Brittany looked around to see that they were in fact right in the middle. "The suns about to go down and we should head back. There aren't lights on the road heading back to Waimea and I don't want to have you driving in the darkness like that."

They walked back to the bike together. With one last kiss, they put their helmets on and started back up the hill. Brittany felt as if she were on some kind of high. Could life have gotten any more perfect than it already was? She was living in Hawaii, experiencing awesome things and not to mention- enjoying those phenomenal things with a girl who was taking her breath away and sweeping her off her feet.

Could it all be too good to be true? No. It was perfect.

It was paradise.

---------------

Words used:

Holo holo - Cruising. To take a ride.

I know I wrote 'no ack' in the story. That basically means don't act. Or don't act stupid.

Feedback and votes please:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.8K 942 38
Brittany becomes Santana's bodyguard after a near death experience, will Brittany be able to save Santana or is Brittany really the one that needs sa...
6.2K 173 33
This story follows on from my first story and the lives of our favourite glee couple! Six years into married life, three kids and taking on the world...
25.9K 734 58
Quinn Fabray is a new in the city of Lima, Ohio, she moved from New York with her mom. Unfortunately she has went through a hell of a lot but when l...
191K 3.7K 50
santana, an in-closet lesbian, and brittany, an out of the closet bi-sexual, have a thing. a thing that is only kept in each other's bedroom. santan...