| Inked | (George Weasley)

By Jamie_writes_

Olive Lark was the most introverted and shy person you'd meet at Hogwarts. With a rather heavy addiction to w... More

• Playlist •
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Ninety-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Ninety-Seven
Chapter Ninety-Eight
Chapter Ninety-Nine
Chapter One Hundred
Chapter One Hundred One
Chapter One Hundred Two
Chapter One Hundred Three
Chapter One Hundred Four

Chapter Thirty-One

25.8K 962 178
By Jamie_writes_

"Was she bitten?"

"No. Not from what I can tell. However, the scratches are severe."

"Will she have any effects or changes from the scratches?"

"Only time will tell, Albus. She needs to wake up first before we can take the next steps."

"Miss Lark is special. I have no doubts in my mind that she will pull through this."

"You are exceptionally optimistic, sir."

Olive slowly opened her eyes, her whole body feeling like it was on fire. Her face immediately twisted into a grimace, her cobalt eyes glancing around her frantically.

Madame Pomfrey and Professor Dumbledore stood at the foot of the bed, watching her carefully. Only Ron was in the Hospital Wing, his leg tightly bandaged up. The early morning light shone through the windows, causing the fifth year to squint from the brightness.

"Good. You're awake." Madame Pomfrey said, "How are you feeling?"

Olive opened her mouth to speak, but found her throat as dry and scratchy as sandpaper. A hoarse squeak exited her mouth, causing a small tinge of pink to appear on her pale and colorless cheeks. Clearing her throat, she managed to speak briefly.

"I've been better."

"Clearly." Madame Pomfrey chuckled, "Werewolf scratches are no joke. They're different from normal cuts and wounds."

The Healer placed a tray at the foot of Ollie's bed, containing two cups.

"Here, drink this and then wash it down with some pumpkin juice." A cup was raised to her lips as sour liquid poured down her throat. Olive nearly gagged, causing the wounds on her stomach to burn more intensely. However, the pumpkin juice was sweet and ice cold, feeling like heaven on her dry throat.

"Thank you." Olive said quietly, the potion Madame Pomfrey had given her had taken away some of the intense burning she felt in her wounds.

"Do you think you'll be okay on your own for a little while?" Madame Pomfrey asked. Olive, who felt like all the energy had been completely drained from her body, did her best to nod her head.

"C-can I sit up?" She asked, feeling awkward to be laying down when she was awake. Madame Pomfrey sighed, gently helping the girl into a more propped up sitting position. It pained the wounds in her stomach greatly, causing Ollie to let out a muffled cry. She bit her tongue to keep herself from yelling.

However, sitting up was a lot better than laying down. She felt a little more normal.

"Thank you." She said, taking a few deep breaths after having strained herself into the sitting position.

"Don't strain yourself too much. It won't be good for the wounds." The Healer instructed. She turned to Dumbledore, who had been quietly watching this whole time.

"She needs rest Professor. I highly suggest you leave her be."

"I will only be a few moments, Poppy." Dumbledore smiled. Once the Healer left, he took a seat on the chair next to Olive's bed.

"It was brave of you to stand up for the people you believed in." He said.

"I-is Sirius okay?" Olive asked, "Did you get Peter?"

Dumbledore shook his head, "Peter Pettigrew was able to get away. However, Sirius managed to escape."

Ollie frowned. They didn't clear Sirius's name, which made her feel extremely terrible.

"He's innocent, Professor." Olive pleaded, "He's-"

"Trust me when I tell you that justice will eventually be served." Dumbledore explained, "Sirius will be safe as long as he keeps to the shadows."

Dumbledore got up from his chair, "As much as I praise you for your bravery, it was also reckless. I was able to get you out of punishment due to the severity of your injuries."

Olive hung her head, nodding carefully as she watched the Headmaster slowly retreat towards the door.

"Miss Lark, I do hope you feel better. Werewolf scratches are severe wounds." Dumbledore nodded to her, "Now, I do have to head back to my office. I believe your sister is waiting for me there."

Olive's eyes widened. Missy was here? How was she able to find out about Ollie's condition so quickly?

Then she remembered who gave her these wounds in the first place.

Professor Lupin. He probably felt terrible, and as soon as he transformed back sent notice to Missy right away. Olive wished she could get up and move- so she could go speak to the professor.

However, Olive couldn't bring herself even to lift her arm, or even wiggle her toes. She knew Werewolf scratches weren't as severe as a werewolf bite. She wouldn't transform once a month, but there would be some side effects. She remembered learning in third year that those scratched would get some lupine tendencies, like a liking to rare steaks, or good hearing.

Ollie only hoped her tendencies wouldn't be too bad.

After an hour or two of just sitting alone in the Hospital Wing, Ollie managed to doze off. When Madame Pomfrey came to check on her, she put the girl back into a position where she was laying down, tucking another blanket over her when she had begun to shiver.

Missy had come along in the midst of Olive's rest, taking a seat beside her sister with a relieved but concerned look on her face. She was glad Olive was alive and was going to be okay. At least, that's what Madame Pomfrey told her. However, the scratches were severe, and Remus did scratch her in werewolf form. She knew there'd be aftereffects.

Olive stirred, moving only slightly like her subconscious was aware of the injuries in her abdomen and shoulder. Her blue eyes fluttered open, still looking tired, but when they fell on Missy they lit up brightly.

"Missy!" She grinned, trying to push herself into a sitting position. However, that only caused her to yell out in pain, the wounds burning up again.

"Take it easy there, Olls." Missy said, "I'm not going anywhere. There's no rush."

"I know..." the fifth year said, "I just... I haven't seen you in forever."

"Well, here I am. You're stuck with me until further notice." Missy grinned, "How do you feel?"

"Like I have a bunch of werewolf scratches." Olive sighed, "I feel like I have no energy."

Missy sighed, "That's going to happen for a little bit. At least until you're healed fully."

"When will that happen?" Olive asked, squeezing her eyes shut briefly as a wave of pain overcame her.

"It takes time." Missy explained, "Madame Pomfrey told me you'd be just like normal when you come back here in the fall."

Olive felt a little better upon hearing that, knowing that she'd have all summer to recuperate and take it easy. She smiled, slowly bringing her uninjured hand out from under the blankets to tuck loose curls behind her ears. The hand shook as it did, the muscles tired.

"That sounds promising." Olive said, "Now, when are we going to talk about-"

"Not now." Missy interjected with furrowed brows, "We'll all discuss this when we get home."

"All of us?" Olive's eyes widened. Was Sirius going to be there when they got home?

"Yes." The eldest Lark sister nodded, "Now, I'm going to go talk to Remus. I heard he resigned this morning. Don't go anywhere while I'm gone."

"I can't." Olive deadpanned, "And I don't want Professor Lupin to think that he has to resign because he scratched me. I'm not upset about it-"

"I know." Missy gently ruffled Olive's curls, "For a shy girl you've sure said a lot. I'm proud of you Ollie."

Olive watched her older sister get up from her chair beside her bed, heading around the screen that Madame Pomfrey had put up to give them some privacy.

"I'll be back." Missy shrugged, "Do you need anything?"

"Could you bring some tea?" Olive asked with a sheepish grin.

"Coming right up, sis." Missy's long black curls bounced down her back as she turned, heading out of the Hospital Wing.

Much to Ollie's dismay, as she watched her sister leave, a head of red hair came around the screen and stood at the foot of her bed. Olive wished right then and there that these wounds would heal so she could run from this current situation.

But the universe is funny like that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 75.1K 198
"I'm feeling so impossible right now." "But I am the impossible, love." "Or maybe you're just someone who's immensely bored in Transfig that you repl...
64.7K 1.6K 14
You come back to Hogwarts for your 6th year, but everyone is acting weird especially the Weasley twins. This year was not like the others, that's for...
1K 65 30
(This story is kinda like a harry potter and george weasley fanfic put together idrk) Draco Malfoy's twin sister, Liliana, gets re-sorted into Gryffi...
273K 5.5K 99
Since the first year y/n Avery has been a friend group with the other Gryffindors in her year. Sharing a dorm with three of them Angelina, Alicia and...