| Inked | (George Weasley)

By Jamie_writes_

Olive Lark was the most introverted and shy person you'd meet at Hogwarts. With a rather heavy addiction to w... More

• Playlist •
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Ninety-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Ninety-Seven
Chapter Ninety-Eight
Chapter Ninety-Nine
Chapter One Hundred
Chapter One Hundred One
Chapter One Hundred Two
Chapter One Hundred Three
Chapter One Hundred Four

Chapter Thirty

25.7K 948 492
By Jamie_writes_

"You forgive me, don't you? James would have forgiven me. You look just like him." Peter looked around the room, and his eyes landed on Olive.

"You look just like Evette! Like dear Missy! Oh how you've-"

"Shut up." Sirius snapped, "Tell Harry how you betrayed them! How you betrayed the two people you were lucky enough to call family."

"Harry! I'm so sorry! Harry, forgive me! You forgive me, don't you? James was such a good man. A good brother!" He grabbed the bottom of Harry's jeans, kneeling down and kissing his shoes.

"Get off!" Harry kicked Pettigrew off of him, "Tell me what happened. Now."

"I was doing what I had to do to survive!" Peter cried, "You understand, don't you?"

"I would have rather died than betray James." Sirius growled, grabbing Peter by the collar, "Tell Harry about that night! Lily and James made your their Secret Keeper because they trusted you. They thought they made the right choice. Instead- you told You Know Who where they were! You cut off your finger, killed a bunch of muggles, and faked your own death."

"I just wanted to live! Please don't kill me now! What about forgiveness? And mercy? And being friends?!" Peter pleaded, whimpering and shaking like a crying child. Olive pitied the man- mostly because he thought what he did was right.

"We aren't going to kill you." Olive said, her voice quiet as she observed the whole scene, "We're turning you in."

"Oh! Thank you! Thank you kind girl! Kind Olive! I remember you when you were just a little kid! You look just like Evette!" Peter grabbed at Olive's shoes, but the girl backed away before he could get there.

She quickly casted a charm that turned Peter back into his animagus form. Lupin snatched the rat from the ground, holding it by the tail as Olive opened the enchanted jar. Peter was dropped in the jar, and the lid was closed tightly.

"He won't be getting away any time soon." Lupin said, letting out an exasperated sigh.

"So you're innocent?" Harry asked Sirius, stuck in some sort of shock from the past couple minutes of epic news.

"Yes." Sirius nodded, "I didn't betray your parents, Harry."

"Bloody hell." Ron exclaimed, clinging onto the bed post with a pale and clammy expression, "I've been harboring a mass murderer in my family for twelve years."

"You'll get over it." Harry helped his friend to his feet, wrapping an arm around him so he could stand properly. Sirius quickly went to Ron's other side, helping the red head evenly distribute his weight off his bad leg.

"Before it gets too late, we should head back to the castle." Lupin advised, warily glancing down at his watch, "I'll get Snape. Olive, you have Peter, and Sirius and Harry be careful with Ron. Hermione, at the base of the Whomping Willow there's a knot. If you press it, the tree will relax."

"Yes, Professor."

Everyone slowly was starting to make their way back into the tunnel, ready to turn in Peter and clear Sirius's name. Olive had a firm grip on the jar, Peter scratching at the sides and squealing for help. Every time he would try to turn back into himself, the enchantment would kick in and turn him back into the rat.

"Sorry for accusing you, for everything." Hermione piped up, "I think it's brave of you for helping Sirius."

Olive turned to the bushy-haired third year, "He's innocent. He deserves to have his name cleared."

There was a pause.

"H-how did you figure out I was the cat?"

"Your eyes. They're very blue." Hermione noted, "I saw the cat once with the same eyes."

"Right." The Ravenclaw nodded shyly, keeping her head slightly downward as they walked carefully down the path. Hermione had her wand out, lighting the way for everyone.

"Why do you mess with Fred and George's pranks anyway? Most of them are harmless." Hermione asked, "Annoying as they can be, they can also be quite fun."

"I just thought they should get a taste of their own medicine." Olive remarked, "Not everyone likes to be pranked all the time."

"I guess you may be right... they might have a bias with the other houses." Hermione sighed, "Your secret is safe with all of us- in case you wanted to keep messing with them."

Olive immediately thought back to her argument with George. He did have a point- pranking was what they wanted to do... and she kind of nearly ruined it for them this year. However, their pranking sometimes went a bit too far... and way too bias towards their house.

"I'm not sure." She shrugged, "I guess I have all summer to figure it out."

As they reached the entrance for the tunnel, Hermione pressed the knot on the tree by levitating a stick to press it. One by one, each person was able to safely climb out of harm's way from the Willow's swinging branches.

"Sorry about the leg." Sirius said to Ron, "I was aiming for the rat."

"You have some pretty bad aim-"

"Ron-"

"Hey, how was I supposed to know he was going for the rat?" Ron defended.

Olive chuckled at Ron's complaining, adjusting her grip on the jar in her hands. The sky was completely dark now- the windows dimly lit from the lights inside.

"Do you think the Minister is still here?" Hermione asked, "He was here when they executed Buckbeak."

"They executed Buckbeak?" Olive repeated with her brows furrowed.

"Malfoy's doing." Harry nodded, a bitter look on his face, "Buckbeak was completely innocent."

Looking up towards the full moon, Olive sighed, "That's too bad."

Then, she froze, her whole body going stiff.

The full moon.

Immediately Olive turned to Professor Lupin, whose gaze was transfixed up at the sky. His eyes had already changed, their gaze like that of a wolf's.

"Professor?" Olive said quietly, her face going pale.

Sirius had let go of Ron's side, running up to his old friend.

"Remus, look at me. Look at me! Remember who you are! You're my friend! You have control, alright? Just think." He grabbed Lupin by the shoulders, shaking him to try and get the man to focus. However, the more Sirius pleaded, the further away Lupin's mind seemed to go.

"Looks like someone didn't take their Wolfsbane." Snape said, who had somehow waken up from his unconscious state. He was somewhat happy that this was all playing out- even when everyone was in danger. Even when people could get hurt.

Even if Sirius's name couldn't be cleared.

Olive and the others watched in horror as Lupin painfully transformed into his werewolf form. His clothes were stretched and ripped, his bones transfigured under his skin. It looked excruciating to watch, and Ollie could only imagine what it actually felt like for the Professor.

Once Lupin was fully transformed, he was curled up, whimpering like a lost dog. Olive actually thought maybe he was able to get control of his mind- that he did have control. She took a small step forward, holding her breath as she stared with her wide cobalt eyes at the professor.

Sirius was the closest, searching the wolf's eyes for any sign of his friend. He looked ready to transform into his animagus form any minute- to try and deter the werewolf from attacking the others.

"P-Professor Lupin?" Olive asked, her voice no louder than a whisper. She was pale with fear, her clammy hands tightly gripped onto the jar that held Peter. The wolf seemed to be dazed for a moment, breathing heavily after having just transformed. Everyone seemed to be holding their breath, waiting to see what the werewolf was going to do.

Then, the wolf howled, tilting his head towards the sky. The Ravenclaw was paralyzed with fear, not knowing if she should run or not. A few feet behind her Harry, Ron, and Hermione stood huddled together, holding the injured Weasley up but also preparing themselves to run for it.

Lupin made eye-contact with Olive, his brows furrowed for a moment. She could see the gears clinking in his brain- if this young girl was a threat or not. Ollie knew she should have moved further away when she had the chance, but her legs were frozen to the ground, heavy like lead. Like a dream- she felt cemented to the ground.

"Miss Lark-" Snape hissed, reaching out to grab the girl by the back of the sweater in order to pull her behind him. However, the werewolf seemed to be faster.

Lupin pounced, claws outstretched as he leapt towards Olive. The girl was pulled backwards by Snape, causing the enchanted jar to be knocked out of her hands, Peter inside. Ollie felt claws sink into her flesh like shredding confetti paper, digging into her abdomen and shoulder.

She fell to the ground, a scream unable to work its way out of her throat. She felt her warm blood immediately start to seep through her cut skin, staining her jumper and shirt. The pain was nearly unbearable, like a fire had been lit inside the wounds and she was burning from the inside out.

"Olive!" She heard someone yell, though she was already deep in shock everything sounded muddled and underwater. In the distance she could hear barking, fighting, a rat squealing as it scurried away. Leaning over her was Professor Snape and Hermione, saying things she couldn't understand.

Tears exited the corners of her eyes, her hair turning pale and colorless as the color seemed to drain from her face. Through blurry vision, Olive watched Harry run after Sirius, and saw Lupin retreat at the sound of distant howling.

The last thing she saw before she faded out was a sea of dementors heading towards the Forbidden Forest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 260 14
Emberly is a muggleborn witch with metamorphmagi abilities. Despite somehow being placed in Slytherin, shes made friends with the Weasley twins. Duri...
99.2K 2.3K 36
Y/n Wood, sister of Oliver Wood, is a popular Gryffindor student with many friends at Hogwarts. Her life is going well as her bond with George Weasl...
3.5K 103 35
When Harry potters twin sister y/n seems to have caught the attention of fred and George Weasley. What happens her life gets flipped and she faces ne...
1.8M 75.1K 198
"I'm feeling so impossible right now." "But I am the impossible, love." "Or maybe you're just someone who's immensely bored in Transfig that you repl...