fight || book 4 of 'she's a d...

By shesadixon

you have to fight to survive in this world BOOK 4 OF SHE'S A DIXON SERIES season 4 of the walking dead {comp... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
β€’leaderβ€’
β€’when it all beganβ€’

chapter 6

5.5K 124 28
By shesadixon

still walking hand in hand, carl made our way out of the woods and onto a road.

"we need to stay in the clearing. that's our best bet of finding others" i said dragging him towards the road. he sighed. "you have a plan?" he asked. i nodded.

"this should lead to a small town up north. we'll need to find food and shelter before the day ends. maybe find a ride also." i said. "a ride? we're too young to drive" carl said.

"that was before. it don't matter now. if we can manage to find a bike i can fix that up in no time. and with a car i can hotwire it" i said. "ok" he said quietly.

i stopped. "hey, look at me" i said standing in front of carl. he made eye contact with me. "we're gonna be ok" i promised him. "i know" he said nodding. i nodded back and we continued walking.

we walked and our small road we were on eventually led to a high way. and that highway lead to a small diner. i saw a few cars and bikes. i smiled at the sight.

"ok, you keep watch outside. i'll go in and sweep out the place and then i'll try to fix up one of these cars" i said. he nodded and pulled out his pistol. i took my bow off my back and got an arrow ready.

i made my way inside the diner quietly. i first checked the kitchen and it was clear. i then made my way to the seating area to find a bunch of chairs and tables stacked up. i also heard walker snarles.

i pulled back my bow string and lifted the bow. i shot the walker in the head and it fell to the ground. i then started to knock down the chairs and tables.

it must've been pretty loud cause carl came running in. "i'm alright, just trying to get back there" i said. "you need help?" he asked. "no, go back out and keep watch. i'll be out in a sec" i said. he nodded and ran off.

i eventually made my way back to the counter and the first thing i did was pull the arrow out of the walkers skull. i then went to the very back and managed to find a bookbag. i grabbed it and put the canned food that was on display in it. i then went back to the kitchen to see if there was possibly anything there.

i managed to find two water bottles. after i made sure there was nothing else, i ran back outside to join carl. "anything?" he asked. "canned food and water. last us a little while" i said. he nodded and then we went over to the cars that were pulled over by the diner.

"you sure about this rae?" he asked. i nodded and opened up the drivers door. i got down on the floor board and took the plastic cover off from under the steering wheel.

i pulled out the wires and started rubbing the red against the green. and to my luck it crank within seconds. i smiled at what i accomplished and look back at carl.

he chuckled and got in the passengers seat. i got up in the seat and closed the door. "are you 100% sure" he asked. "yes, calm down" i said reaching over to the gear shift and putting it into drive. carl looked like he was going to shit his pants, so i drove slow in hopes he would calm himself.

i followed the highway down until carl stopped me. "rae, there's a house" he said pointing. i pulled over to car next to the houses mailbox. "good thing cause we're out of gas" i said as the car shut itself off.

we got out and made our way to the house. "want me to keep watch?" he asked. i shook my head no. "i don't know what we're dealing with so help me clear it" i said. he nodded.

we walked up the front porch and over to the door. he took out his pistol as i got my bow ready. i put my hand on the door and started counting down. "one... two... three" i whispered slinging open the door as carl hopped into action.

i followed behind him and we split up once inside the house. we both checked around the bottom part of the house. "i got upstairs" i said once we met back up. he nodded.

quickly i checked upstairs. the only thing i found was a pretty cool bedroom that carl would probably enjoy. i went back downstairs and carl looked up at me. "clear" i said. he nodded.

within about 30 minutes, night time approached. carl found a pretty strong wire and he tied the door shut. i pushed the couch up against the door also. he gave me a slightly annoyed look. "you can never be too careful" i said. he sighed and nodded.

"what are we gonna do?" he asked. "stay here for the night. scavenge around the area tomorrow. cover some land and see if we can find some of our people" i said. he nodded as i opened up the bookbag i found. "you hungry? or wanna save it?" i asked looking at the food in the bag. "save it" he plainly said. i nodded and zipped back up the bag.

"we can both sleep on the couch. there's enough room for both of us. we'll just have to lay down on opposite sides" he said sitting on the couch. i nodded, took off my bow, and sat down also. he layed down on the left arm right while i was on the right. "goodnight reagan" carl said. "goodnight carl" i said.

the next morning i woke up before carl did, so i went to the kitchen to see if i could find anymore food. i managed to find a box of cereal, so i poured both carl and i a bowl. "carl, rise and shine" i said walking towards him with the bowls.

his eyes fluttered open and he rubbed them. "here" i said handing him his bowl and sitting next to him. "thanks" he said sleepily.

we both ate in complete silence. after eating, we walked outside in the morning sunshine. "we should try to find a hunting store eventually. the guns will be wiped out, but the arrows won't. these ain't gonna last me forever" i said looking at my quiver in which held my arrows. "well for right now let's just search the neighborhood" carl said. i nodded and we walked out into the street.

after walking down the street, we made it to two houses that were parallel to eachother. "let's split up. cover more ground" carl said. i nodded. "yell if need me and i'll do the same. i'll come find your or you come find me" i said. he nodded and we both jogged off to the different houses.

there was one walker in the door way right when i entered the house. immediately, i shot it with my bow and then went over to yank the arrow out. first, i went to the kitchen. there, i found more water and canned food. i swooped it all up and put it in my bag, then continued to look around.

when going through the bedrooms, i also collected a few extra clothes. not much, just three flannels and two jackets.

once i decided there wasn't anything left in this house, i ran over to find carl in the house he was in. "carl?" i called out. "up here" he yelled signaling to me he was upstairs. i ran up the stairs and found him looking at a door and there was a walker on the other side of it.

on the door was written 'walker inside got my shoe didn't get me -carl'. i then looked down at his feet and noticed he was only wearing one shoe. "seriously?" i asked him. he gave me a small smile and i smiled back playfully rolling my eyes. "open the door for me and stand back" i said raising my bow.

he went over to the door, opened it, and within a split second i shot the walker that was on the other side of the door. i then quickly went in, grabbed his shoe, and threw it at him. "why didn't you shoot it?" i asked. "out of bullets" he said showing me his gun. since it's a revolver, it will show you that it's empty because the shaft will open up.

"here" i said taking my pistol out of my holster and handing it to him. "you sure?" he asked. "yeah, i have my bow. just let me hold onto your gun until we can find some bullets" i said. he nodded and then handed me his gun. i put it in my holster and he started walking downstairs.

"i found some canned food. and i found something else" he said as we were walking. i followed him to the kitchen and the first thing i saw was a huge can of pudding. i looked at him with a smile.

after putting the canned food in what is now my bookbag, we decided to share the an of pudding up on the roof. just staring out at the view, carl and i shared the puddling in silence. he then turned over to me. "we're gonna be ok" he said. i looked at him and smiled. yes we are.

nothing much really happened for the rest of the day. we continued searching and once evening approached, we made it back to the house, made a small meal, and then went to sleep on the couch.

the next morning carl and i managed to wake up at the same time. i poured us both a bowl of cereal and we ate it on the couch. everything was quiet until there was a knock at the door.

i jumped up and then looked at carl. he pulled out my pistol and i got my bow ready. i then went over to the peep hole of the house. "oh my god" i whispered with a smile.

rick and michonne.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

707K 14.3K 46
"She wore her troubled past Like scars - She had been through battle And though no one could see her demons They could see the face that conquere...
97.4K 2K 15
"i'm not leaving you. we need to stay together." BOOK 3 OF SHE'S A DIXON SERIES season 3 of the walking dead {completed} {carl grimes fanfiction} {da...
197K 4K 38
Pregnant and alone in the unfamiliar community of Alexandria, all Angel Dixon has is her blossoming relationship with Carl Grimes. He's the only thin...
1.7K 40 8
Anthony Park never thought the world ending would bring him someone he would do anything for. He never minded the thought of spending his time alone...