A Hybrid love story (K. Mikae...

By TeresaHeishtein

Lydia Grace Martin. A thousand year old hybrid who outsmarted Mother Nature herself. Half banshee and half wi... More

Welcome❤
I
II
III
IV
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
Thank you!
XIV
XV
XVI

V

3.9K 81 4
By TeresaHeishtein

To put it simply, yesterday was one of the most interesting days in my life. During Klaus' transformation Bonnie and the others came in, disposed of Greta, I still have no idea what the hell happened to her. Bonnie channeled some power to weaken Klaus and slow down his transformation while Elijah, the ever so noble brother, shoved his noble hand into Klaus' not-noble chest and was about to rip his heart out which, made the scream that has been trying to claw it's way up my throat since Elena's death, very hard to hold back. And then I couldn't hold it in anymore so, I screamed. I'm pretty sure that the entire population of Mystic Falls, supernatural or not, could hear my shriek which carried itself between the trees and most-likely all the way to the town. I actually feel sorry for the vampires who were in the quarry since Elijah, an original vampire, fell to the ground holding his head in pain.

It was enough time for Klaus to free himself of Elijah's grip and tell him that he didn't kill their family but that he can bring him to them. That peaked my interest because having their family also meant having Rebekah. Not waiting for anything I sped to Alaric's apartment where I saw Katherine.... and slammed her head into a wall. Payback for the masquerade I guess. 

And so here I am sitting in a chair, glaring at the Petrova bitch, and waiting for Klaus to make an appearance. Yeah, I also got out of Katherine that Klaus has been occupying not only Ric's body but also apartment, I don't even know why I went here it was just an instinct. 

As I sit here and stare blankly at Katerina the door starts to open. Thinking it's Klaus I let my gaze settle on the figure stepping inside. And, I'm proven wrong when I see Stefan's mop of hero hair come into view. 

"Stefan?" I ask confused as I stand up. His eyes land on me and widen slightly, probably surprised to see me here of all places, but as he steps closer to me with slightly outstretched arms for a hug I take two steps back to stay away from him. Yep, I'm still mad. 

"Lydia, I'm sorry but we couldn't afford to take any risks and you weren't willing to tell us anything so-"

"-so you stuck a dagger in my heart as an Elena preservation?!" I hiss at him raising my voice a little. 

"Lydia I'm really sorry." Stefan sighs lowering his head in shame but looks up at me again quickly. "Wait. Why are you here? Did he compel you or something?" Stefan asks me causing me to shoot him the sassiest bitchface ever. 

"Really? I know that I didn't tell you anything so you're trailing behind a bit but lets face it, I'm an original myself. I can't be compelled you idiot." I huff while rolling my eyes. Before Stefan can say something else the door opens once again. 

"Klaus you're back. Look who decided to come for a visit." Katherine says grabbing me and Stefan by our shirts as if she caught us sneaking around. Gritting my teeth I turn around and grab her by her neck before slamming her into a table, back first. I turn back to face Stefan and Klaus with a sweet smile on my face while flicking a strand of hair from my face. Klaus raises a questioning brow at me with a smirk on his lips, very kissable looking lips. Not that I would kiss him, nope, not at all. That's just absurd. 

"You just keep popping up don't you?" Klaus asks Stefan as he turns to look at him. 

"I need your help. For my brother." Stefan replied making Lydia tense up a bit at the mention of Damon being in some sort of danger. 

"Well, whatever it is it has to wait. You see I have an obligation to my brother, it requires my immediate attention." Klaus says smirking, uh oh this is not gonna be nice. At the mention of him Elijah steps forward and shoots a quick glance in my direction before looking at Stefan.

"You know how important family is or you wouldn't be here. My brother gave me his word that he would reunite me with my own." Elijah speaks up.

"And so I shall." I have to avert my gaze from Klaus stabbing his older brother with a dagger, dagger which was all to familiar. Katherine raises her brow in surprise while Stefan moves to stand in front of me protectively. As Elijah temporarily dies Klaus looks up at Stefan with a deadly glint to his gaze before speeding to Stefan and pinning him up against a wall.

"Now what am I going to do with you?"

_________________________________

I watch with mild interest as Klaus stabs Stefan with a knife making the younger vampire groan in pain. Not gonna sugar coat it, I feel a bit of satisfaction course through my veins from seeing Stefan in pain after what he allowed to happen to me. Lets just say that I can hold a grudge for a very long time against the ones who betray me or the people I care about. 

"Do you feel that?" Klaus taunts Stefan who's struggling to catch his breath. "It's scraping against your heart, the slightest movement and you're dead." for some unknown reason I'm not worried about Stefan's life. I don't know why but I think Klaus won't kill him.

"He's just trying to help his brother." Katherine defends her former lover. Wow, she does have a heart. Seeing that her pleading is going nowhere I sigh before speaking up.

"Come on Klaus, why don't you at least hear him out?" He turns to look at me with a tilt of his head before roughly pulling the knife out. 

"The witches said you have a cure." Stefan grunts out through pain. "Make me a deal. Give me the cure and I'll do whatever you want." ugh, if I am allowed to have a personal opinion- not a good fucking idea.

"Trouble is, I don't know if you'd be any good to me. The way you are now. You're just kind of useless." Klaus tells him as he sips blood from a glass. He walks towards Stefan with the glass in hand before crouching in front of him. "I heard about this one vampire. Crazy bloke, always on and off the wagon for decades. When he was off he was magnificent." A grin slowly spreads across Klaus face making his eyes twinkle with a certain glint. "1917... he went into Monterrey and wiped out an entire migrant village... a true ripper. Sound familiar?" Klaus questions as Stefan lowers his head in realization. 

"I haven't been that way in a very long time." he mumbles under his breath but in a room full of vampires everyone could hear him. It is hard to remember that Stefan used to be something else than his usual kind and brooding self but if I am to be honest his ripper self was more fun. 

"Well that's the vampire I can make a deal with. That is the kind of talent I can use when we leave this town." Klaus says with a smirk making me look at him in confusion, we? As if reading my mind he turns to face me. "You're coming with me." he states and I just raise a sassy brow at him as if to ask 'how come?' Klaus grins. "Katerina come here." the Petrova vampire cautiously obeys and steps closer to him. Klaus holds out his hand making her place her own in his. He brings her wrist up to his mouth as his eyes turn a vibrant gold color and veins crawl up from beneath his eyes. He bites into her flesh making her shake her head desperately. 

"No. No." she says shaking in fear for her life, as always. Klaus then bites into his own wrist and forces it into her mouth making his blood drip down her throat. He pulls away from her and we all watch as the bite heals itself and a small smile comes onto my face as I shoot a look of wave at Klaus who is thankfully not watching me. 

"You want the cure? There it is."

"Your blood is the cure." Katherine breaths out in relief and disbelief.

"Gotta love Mother Nature." Klaus winks before grabbing Stefan and leading him away from us. "Let's talk, you and I."

________________________________

So to sum it up Klaus made Stefan drink human blood so it would be easier for him to become the ripper he used to be. Then he poured his blood into a vial which he ordered Katherine to take to Damon to which she was gone in a flash. After that we left Mystic Fall and now.... we are in Memphis, Tennessee where a young woman walks out of a house. 

"Rudy!" she brings her fingers up to her mouth and whistles. "Rudy! Come on, it's too hot to make me come looking for you." she says and bends down to pick up a dog toy but when she stands up me and Klaus are standing in front of her with fake friendly grins on our faces. Klaus' arm is wrapped around my waist tightly and it's getting hard for me to pretend that his closeness and touch doesn't affect me in any other way than disgust. I know what you think, if you like him why don't you go for it? Well, let's just say that even when him just looking at literally makes a tornado of butterflies to appear in my stomach I'm not going to show affection to the guy who murdered my friend in front of me, yeah she took a part in me being daggered but I got over it, and has my best friend daggered in a box with the rest of his siblings. 

The woman gasps and jumps at the sight of us. 

"We are so sorry, we didn't mean to scare you." Klaus says using a fake American accent. 

"Can I help you?" the girl asks with a glare, rude if you ask me. 

"Yeah, our car ran down a couple of miles back. It feels like we've been walking forever, your house is the first we came across so we were just hoping you would let us use your phone." I say sweetly with a smile. The girl eyes us up and down before asking. 

"Don't either of you have a phone?" Klaus pulls out his phone from his pocket and shows her.

"Dead." he says waving it in the air before pointing to me. "And y girlfriend here, left her at home." I lower my head sheepishly and try not to show any reaction to the title he gave me. When the girl still isn't convinced Klaus says. "Look, I promise neither of us is a serial killer, we just really want to use your phone."

"Sure." she finally sighs and starts walking to the house.

"So... we can come in?" I ask her innocently. 

"No." she says and I try hard not to speed over and rip her arms off. "I'll get the phone and bring it here." 

"I thought your country folk was supposed to be more trusting." Klaus says with his normal British accent, obviously he's getting annoyed as well. 

"I'm from Florida." she snaps at him sassily. 

"Now that explains the rudeness." I mutter under my breath before speeding up to her and grabbing her throat roughly. "Show us a little southern hospitality sweetie." I compel her not patient enough to try anything else. I didn't even bother to look back at Klaus before following the girl inside as she invites us in. There was another girl in the kitchen, with than skin and dark hair. 

"I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran off to a house with air conditioning." she jokes not noticing us. Looking at us she takes a step back fearfully her back hitting the kitchen counter. 

"What's going on?" she stutters out. 

"Please, don't be alarmed." Klaus says with a smirk as I keep my grip on the girl in front of me tight. "I was told Ray Sutton lives here." the girl lifts her chin with a new found confidence. 

"He's almost never here, mostly on the road." she says. 

"But I'd bet a hundred dollars that he makes it home... lets say once a month." I tell her knowingly with a grin, probably creeping her out even more but I don't really care. I mean I probably should but I don't. She swallows thickly her gaze flickering from her friend to me and then to Klaus.

"That's what I thought. Where is he now?" Klaus asks her. The tan woman glares at him before making a run for it and sprinting to the door where she's met with Stefan. 

"I love it when they run." Klaus says with amusement dancing in both his voice and eyes. The woman watches us with fear before finally speaking up.

"He's in Tulley!" she admits. "It's near the border. A bar called Southern Comfort. Highway 41." she says as tears threaten to spill from her wide eyes. 

"Thank you, love. Now-" Klaus looked at the girl I was holding. "-may my friend come in?" the girl shakes her head but still whimpers out a 'yes'. Stefan entered the house with a look that would scare even me if I hadn't used it myself many times. Klaus tells Stefan to kill one of the girls quickly and to make the other suffer before walking out of the house with me hot on his heels. We sit in the car listening to the screams coming from the house before I turn to look at him. 

"Klaus?" I ask him and he turns to look at me.

"Yes love?" 

"Why did you, you know, take me? I mean the day of the sacrifice, you had no need for me so why?" I voice the question that's been at the back of my mind ever since that day. 

"I was intrigued when I saw a girl daggered with one of my daggers. And putting two and two together I realized who you are, I had planned to take you with me since I was going to leave and why not take the only other hybrid with me. But I have a question too love, how come the dagger works on you?" I look at Klaus with a smile.

"It doesn't work, not really anyway. The dagger keeps me temporarily dead for only a week before I regain consciousness. It's a con to being a banshee since that part of my takes any chance it can to connect me to the voices and ghosts." I answer him and it's true, every time I get either knocked out or something similar I am sucked into a whirlwind of voices talking all at once making me confused every time I wake up.

"Your powers are very interesting to say the least my dear." Klaus says tucking a strand of hair behind my ear causing me to turn my head away from him so he can't see the blush spreading on my cheeks. 

____________________________

"Absolutely not."

"Come on love ju-"

"No."

"Lydia-"

"No. I am so not acting as a bait for some mutt you want to turn into a mindless slave of yours." I huff and cross my arms over my chest. Klaus and Stefan are trying to persuade me to go and flirt- FliRt with Ray, the werewolf- WerEWolF. I hate werewolves, except for Niklaus of course, and I refuse to be ogled by the wet dog. 

"Lydia." Klaus starts as he places his hands on my shoulders and looks down at me, me being 5 foot 3 and wearing converse wasn't helping either. "Just go in there sit down and play hard to get. Is it really so much to ask for love?" he asks me with a tilt of his head which makes him look unbelievably adorable. I let out a dramatic sigh.

"Fine. But if he touches me you'll have five seconds to run before I rip your head off." I grit out before turning around and entering the bar. I hear Klaus chuckling behind as I sit on a barstool and from the corner of my eye I see this Ray looking at me while licking his lips, yuck. 

"Hi gorgeous." he says. I raise a brow but say nothing.

"What is a beautiful girl like you doing here all alone?" he tries again making me roll my eyes and turn to face him.

"Waiting for someone handsome to buy her a drink obviously." I say with a wink trying hard not gag. He chuckles before looking into my eyes.

"I'm Ray. Ray Sutton." he says. Swooping in to my rescue before I would have to shake his hand and tell him my name, Klaus appeared behind me with Stefan next to him and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. 

"Ah, so you are Ray Sutton." he says and I lean into him with a grin. The mutt shot me a confused look before looking at Klaus. 

"Who are you?" 

"I've been looking everywhere for you Ray." Klaus smirks before continuing. "We started in Florida, Pensacola. I met a young champ who you worked with before you moved to Memphis. Now he directed me to a pair of lovely ladies who sent me to you."

"I think I'll be going." Ray says and stands up. He goes to leave but is stopped by Klaus. 

"Not so fast mate, you only just got here. Now your kind are very hard to come by." Ray turnes to leave again but is stopped, this time by Stefan.

"Yeah, I wouldn't do that." Stefan says and shoves him back.

"Vampires." Ray says as his gaze flickers between us three. 

"You're swifty swift Ray." Klaus says with a grin. "Although, my friend over here is a vampire, he compelled everyone in the bar so don't try looking for help here. We however, we are something else. Different kind of monsters. I've got some vampire. I've got some wolf."

"You what?" Ray chokes out with fear evident in his voice.

"A hybrid Ray, I'm both. This lovely woman over here is a hybrid too, but a different kind. That's for another time though. You see, I want to create more of me. Now you being the first werewolf I've come across in a month, Ray, I need you to direct me to your pack. So where can I find them Ray?" the said werewolf glares at him.

"You can't compel me. It won't work." Klaus and Stefan share a look and a grin appears on my face when I realize what's to come. Stefan takes out his wallet and turns to the bar. 

"I need a Scotch on The Rock, please." 

"Tell you what, Ray. We're gonna play a little drinking game. One that I like to call Truth or Wolfsbane." he says and my grin widens as I lean back and place my feet on a stool next to me.

"This should be fun." 

- to be continued -

_________________________________________

Okay, another chapter for you guys. I'm so grateful that at least someone is reading this, thank you so much! 

Peace out! ❄❄❄

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 3.8K 51
A new girl comes into New Orleans to visit her brother Jackson. However, when she comes into town she meets the original family. The Mikaelson's. The...
243K 4.7K 19
Jordyn was unwanted, and left in the woods to die, but is saved by an unlikely hero, Elijah Mikaelson, who took her in as his own. As she grows olde...
7.4K 152 33
a girl struggling with the will to live and a man whose been taking peoples lives for 1000 years. who ever thought these opposites would attract. St...
30.1K 749 55
Thrown into a world full of magic, witches, vampires and werewolves, a young woman finds herself in a world she knows all too well, because of a TV-S...