NEIN (girlxgirl)

By alabastersnow

Rated 18+ for themes of lesbian sex, violence, gore, and crude language. °°°° The Regius Praesidio Academy a... More

Preface
| 01 |
| 02 |
| 03 |
| 04 |
| 05 |
| 06 |
| 08 |
| 09 |
| 10 |
| 11 |
| 12 |
| 13 |
Pictures
| 14 |

| 07 |

8.4K 441 260
By alabastersnow

________

A U G E N B L I C K

(n.)  a short moment, in a blink of an eye.

________

LIGHT STREAMED through the parted, heavy curtains as Natasja stood up and stretched. She groaned at the soreness of her muscles, a remnant of the intensive training she had yesterday. After she witnessed the brutal death of a rapist, John had driven them along with the little girl to social services, with their promise of getting her a new home as soon as possible. Kael had sat with her at the backseat, with the sleeping toddler in between them. Natasja was amazed the little girl was able to sleep after a horrifying experience like that, and she wondered how many nights she had been sleeping like this for: abused before bed.

Natasja later found out that the man was given time to surrender his daughter to the authorities, due to not being fit to be a parent for obvious reasons. The Academy noticed him first when the neighbors started complaining of sounds of a screaming child at night, and to add to his list, his description matched a man who stole millions from them.

A thief and a rapist. His death was a mercy.

Kael had listened to his information through the earphones she had plugged in during their argument, with Poseidon on the other end explaining everything. It was the first time Natasja had truly acknowledged her blindness. Kael couldn't even read files. She needed to have them read for her especially when she was in a hurry.

That night, back at the mansion, Natasja had demanded that Kael train her some more. Seeing someone die like that knowing the reason for judgement somehow fueled her thirst for revenge. She was going to find whoever it was that murdered her parents. And she was going to make them suffer.

The blind woman had complied to her request without complaint. She trained the french woman from head to toe, focusing on her endurance and ability to handle pain. When Natasja blocked the wrong move, she got hit on the opposite side. Kael's hearing and sense of proprioception was insane. This went on for the next two hours until Natasja had collapsed on the ground, clutching her wrist. She had punched far more that she thought she could, blocked until her forearms felt numb, and kicked until her shins hurt.

And this morning, every inch of her body was screaming.

Natasja studied her own reflection as she stood in front of the mirror in her lingerie. The black silk of her panty hugged her hips and snaked around to cover just enough of her core. Her matching bra cupped her breasts perfectly: both items left her bruises in full view. She winced as she turned to see more appearing on her back and sighed at the pain in her muscles when she moved.

"What are you wearing?"

Natasja jumped at the husky voice, consciously covering herself.

"Goodness, Kael, would you knock please?" Natasja let her arms relax at her sides. Thank goodness she's blind.

"What are you wearing?" Kael repeated, leaning a shoulder against the doorway. She herself was wearing a loose button-up shirt tucked into jean shorts, and this was the most casual Natasja had ever seen her in. Her bare, lean legs looked amazing.

Realizing her question, the redhead blushed profusely. "U-uh white cotton underwear-or panty-panties." She lied. "Whatever they're called in English."

"You're wearing that to breakfast?" Kae raised a brow, her head tilted in that unique way again. It was her way of listening better.

"W-what? Of course not," Natasja huffed, her french accent becoming more apparent the more flustered she got. "I'm wearing a dress."

"Hmm put it on." Kael crossed her arms.

"Pardon?" Her french was out now.

"Put on ze dress," Kael teasingly mocked in the same accent.

Natasja rolled her eyes but did exactly that. "Finished, madamoiselle." Her "finished" sounded like "fin-eeshed" and she chastised herself again for letting her accent slip. Kael on the other hand, had a small smile playing on her lips.

Kael walked towards her. "Why did you punch me yesterday?"

"Pardon?" Natasja asked again, confused.

"Before we began," Kael patiently explained, stopping right in front of her. "You punched me in the face without an explanation. With a terrible fist, might I add."

"O-oh," Natasja took full advantage of drinking in her stunningly grey orbs at such close proximity. "I guess I was curious to see how fast your reflexes were."

"Taking advantage of a blind woman?" Kael's long finger drew a line down the side of the body-fitting sun dress Natasja had on. "How cruel."

"Your eyes," Natasja couldn't help herself. "They're a clear grey. It's not like other blind people's."

"My optic nerve was severed," Kael chuckled. "It's like a car with an engine but with no wires."

"What?"

"Big things don't work without the little things."

Natasja knew Kael's voice had a natural husky, slight rasp to it, but hearing it up close was doing things to her. Her heart hitched when a long finger grazed her bare thigh.

"Too short. Change." Kael tsked, then turned away.

Natasja faltered in disbelief but heard her perfectly. "How about no?"

Kael stopped, turning her head to the side, a smirk on her mouth. "No?"

"I can wear what I want," Natasja felt braver. "You don't get to tell me what I can and can't wear."

"My brothers-"

"Have the decency I can sense in them that I cannot in you." Natasja was suddenly very, very annoyed. "I am wearing t-this-this very pretty dress today." She said with finality.

"As you wish," Kael shrugged. "Breakfast is in five minutes."

And just like that, she walked out and gently closed the door. Natasja was shocked she gave in that easily. It was unlike the commanding Kael she has known for the past few weeks. But then again Natasja has just barely scratched the surface after all.

"Sleep well?" Hades asked while depositing perfectly-cooked eggs on a plate when Natasja descended the stairs. His bulky form looked comical in the blue apron he wore, the pan looking ridiculously small in his large hands.

"Quite," Natasja replied while inhaling the smell. Her stomach growled and she tried to remember the last time she ate.

Poseidon and Zeus were already at the table, discussing tactics and things Natasja couldn't be bothered with. Poseidon looked like he was trying to reason calmly, whilst Zeus was adamant about his ideas. Then they would occasionally stop and ask John for his opinion, to which he would shrug and sign something back with his hands nonchalantly. Natasja was fascinated by the interactions and difference in character of the four identical-looking brothers. They looked exactly alike, and yet they kept their own styles. They all had full facial hair (except John), unruly black hair, and piercing grey eyes identical to their sister's. Those were the only things that gave hints to which one of them was which. When Natasja walked in to everyone's view, conversation stopped. Even Hades paused with his pan in the air, still steaming from the fresh egg.

Before Natasja could wonder about their weird reaction, John hastily walked out, the backdoor slamming shut behind his back. The other three brothers looked at each other and sighed.

"El?" Poseidon's tone was interrogating.

"I didn't know she was a redhead, ok?"

Natasja was confused and at the same time concerned. Was it her fault? "I-I don't understand. What happened? Why is John upset?"

Zeus and Poseidon looked at Hades pointedly.

Hades sighed, taking off his apron. "Our mother had red hair. And she was wearing a short dress when..."

"She was murdered. In front of John." Poseidon finished for him. "Then the murderer tried to slash his throat. The police came before he could do any more damage, but now John is mute." He said it like it was a natural occurrence.

"Oh my god," Natasja gasped. "That is terrible." She didn't know what else to say.

"It's fine," Hades shrugged. "It's been years ago anyway."

What about Kael? Natasja looked at the quiet blind woman. Was she born like that? She mentioned about seeing the sunset before. Maybe it was an accident?

Hades must have read Natasja's look, and he sighed. "Looks like our guest is curious about how you got blind, El."

Natasja held her breath. She didn't know why it mattered to her so much about knowing the reason, but she couldn't seem to help it. She wanted to know.

"I fell and hit the back of my head on the stairs," Kael shrugged as her fork dug in her scrambled eggs. "Also many years ago. Accident."

Natasja could tell there was more to the story than what she said, but she wouldn't push.

"I'm sor-"

"Don't apologize," Kael held up a hand. "Not your fault."

"Right," Natasja cleared her throat and began eating. "Are there any news from the Academy?"

"Twelve were injured, four dead." Poseidon began clearing the plates his siblings had finished using. "Luckily, when the building collapsed, most of the students were out of their dorms at some party."

Natasja immediately figured that Lily was one of those that didn't go. She knew she'd rather stay and read than go out to some party.

"What about Lily?"

"Lily is fine," Kael answered. "She was smart enough to lock herself in the safe room as soon as she heard the explosion."

Natasja nodded. "Good, good. And the suspect?"

"Already being scouted out by one of ours," a new voice joined theirs, making Natasja turn in her chair. "I specifically requested to have his execution date be mine."

"Aspen!" Natasja was surprised to see the green-haired beauty. "Why are you here?"

"Kael and I had something to discuss about in person," She shrugged as she stole a bacon from Natasja's plate. "Sup." She acknowledged the brooding men.

Kael waved a hand. "Where are the others now?"

"They're re-grouping in LA, as per your command for your assignment," Aspen tapped her combat booted toe on the floor absentmindedly. "You have six months, correct?"

Kael nodded. "My partner is Natasja."

Aspen hissed in a breath. "You're gonna need a lot more than six months," she turned to Natasja. "No offense."

"She can do it," Kael moved beside Natasja, her hand gently resting on her waist and accelerating the red-head's heartbeat. "You haven't seen her fight."

Aspen held up her hands. "She's all yours anyway, boss."

Natasja whipped her head to Kael. "I'm...yours?" She was confused.

"It's just an American phrase people say," Kael clarified. Behind Kael, Hades and Zeus rolled their eyes. Natasja had a feeling their sister had a habit of claiming people she's not supposed to, but she appreciated Kael's effort to clarify.

"Ah, I see. Well, then, good," Natasja smiled as she gathered her plate and placed it in the sink. "Because I do not belong to anyone."

_______

"So what's the assignment about and why does it have to be in six months?" Natasja panted as she dodged another punch from Kael. "Speficically?"

"Specifically," Kael corrected as she threw another uppercut that almost cut Natasja's chin. "And it's more of a babysitting job, really. For the next six months, while you train, we will be keeping an eye on the princess."

Natasja stopped, her chest heaving as she placed both her hands on her waist. "Sorry, who?"

Kael grunted, walking over to her desk. They were in her quarters, which was actually the biggest room in the mansion. It was specially designed to suit Kael's needs, with sound sensors attached to the furnitures and walls so she won't bump into any of it. Not that she did anyway.

She walked over to her desk and picked up a brown folder, running her fingers over the braille sentence to make sure she got the right one. She then handed it to Natasja.

"Your first assignment," Kael nodded her chin to the folder as Natasja scanned the written version of it. "Princess Paris Grimaldi. Thirteen years old, and is turning fourteen in six months."

Natasja studied the picture of the rather chubby girl. Green eyes, brown hair, regal nose: the resemblance she had with the Queen of Monaco was uncanny.

"Wait a minute," Natasja frowned. "I thought she was dead?"

"The Queen had a family adopt her before she herself passed away. The princess is supposed to be in hiding, so she doesn't know about her birthright. Which is for the best, especially when you're a little girl that just wants to be a princess."

Natasja almost chuckled. Kids would say anything.

"Why six months?"

"There are rumors of someone knowing about her existence," Kael said. "One of our people noticed a man following the princess everywhere. We don't know his true intentions yet, and that's what we have to find out."

"You didn't answer my question," Natasja sighed. "Why six months?"

"Because her best friend is throwing her the biggest party in their town," Kael took the folder back, obviously annoyed at Natasja's lack of patience. "Which means there will be a lot of people. No one would notice her disappear."

"We could just tell them to cancel the party then."

"On what grounds? We'd expose the princess' true identity. On top of that, they don't know us," Kael put her arms up, ready for another round. "So we do our part, and protect her."

"That sounds like a boring job for someone like you."

Without warning, Natasja was slammed on her back again.

"Stop doing that!" She groaned as she tried to roll over. Before she could, a warm weight pressed down on her waist and she was flustered to see Kael straddling her again. "What...are you doing?"

"I'm probably the most boring person on the planet," Kael shrugged, leaning down. "But I wanna see what makes you so interesting."

"Are you being sarcastic?" Natasja rolled her eyes but nevertheless placed her hands on the blind woman's thighs to steady her. This position was starting to fog her mind.

Natasja almost squeaked when the blind woman's face leaned down to inches from hers, the sun illuminating her from the back as she did.

"I wonder what you look like," Kael whispered. Her long fingers slowly approached Natasja's face, her heartbeat increasing. "May I?"

"O-ok."

When her fingers finally made contact with Natasja's skin, they were featherlight and soft. Kael's breath softly fanned on the redhead's chin as her fingers gracefully explored her face. They skimmed over her forehead, her eyebrows, her nose.

Natasja was in her own world as she studied her. Her clear grey eyes shone ever clearer when the sun caught in it. They were blank, not focusing on anything, and yet they were stunning on their own. She had light freckles spread across the bridge of her nose that Natasja hadn't noticed before, and she found it adorable.

Her heartbeat was pounding by the time Kael's fingers reached her lips.

"Huh," Kael's soft laugh whispered on her skin. "Soft."

Natasja subconsciously licked her bottom lip out of habit and out of nervousness, forgetting that Kael's finger was there.

"Did you just..." Kael brought her finger to her chin. "Lick me?"

"U-uh it was an accident," Natasja stuttered, unable to look her in the eye. "It won't happen again."

"I'm blind but I can feel you avoiding my gaze," Kael chuckled, then sobered. "You should be more confident. That's also a form of weakness." She stood, offering her hand to help Natasja up.

"And why do you say I'm not confident?" Natasja shot back, defensive as she grabbed her hand.

"I flirt with you and you're always so flustered you shut down."

"I -what?" She's flirting with me?

"You're shut-down."

"I am not!"

"It's the trauma. Sooner or later you have to face your demons. What happened to your parents wasn't your fault. Draw your confidence from that."

Flashbacks hit Natasja again.

The stench of blood as she finally pried the trapdoor open. The silence. The stillness.

"Mama?" A sob. A sound.

"Yes dear?" A mocking voice. Then a cackling laugh. "Come have a drink with me."

She followed the voice into the kitchen, and what she saw made her want to claw her eyes out in grief and horror.

"Mama!" A scream. A mistake.

"No, no, no, no," Natasja started breathing quicker. "Parents. Dead. Ca suffit. Pour qui tu te prends?"  Anger laced her every word.

"Who do I think I am?" Kael frowned. "Nat I'm trying to help you-"

"You had no right to mention my parents!" Natasja screamed. "Je ne veux pas te parler."

I don't want to talk to you.

"Alright," Kael held her hands up. "I'll let you go."

"I don't need your permission." Natasja slammed the door shut behind her.

In front of her, stood John. He was looking at her with sad eyes and that was when Natasja remembered what happened this morning.

"John," she sighed. "I'm sorry about upsetting you this morning. I didn't know."

John shrugged, then signed, You're upset too. Natasja had learned sign language back in high school, and could read John's hand movements perfectly. We're leaving for LA today. Aspen brought some of your things from the Academy. Maybe this mission will make you feel better.

"Thank you, John," Natasja mustered a small smile. "I'll see you at the car." He really was a giant teddy bear.

Before she could leave, he tugged at her arm for her to look at him as he signed, You're not a bad person.

Natasja smiled. "Merci, John. That's kind of you to say."

But at that moment, a dark cloud overcame her heart at the sudden dark memory of blood on her tongue.

Her parents' blood.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

S.M.S(Save My Soul) By Vixen

Mystery / Thriller

329 107 28
Available on NovelCat Available on NovelNow Bellenthu Khule isn't your run of the mill city girl. She is awkward, anti-social, has major anger issues...
474K 14.8K 38
| P S Y C H O - T H R I L L E R | "People come and go, Some will stay but will eventually leave. But there are people who will come in your life, wil...
446 37 20
she's sixteen in a new country. a rogue murderer is loose and she has a to survive all the deaths in her life. how will she cope? her name is Charlie...
56 0 24
"Life is like a sketchbook. There's a beginning and an end. When you start, your drawings will start simple but become more detailed over time. Some...