ACCIDENTALLY MET AN ARAB PRIN...

By M_Tari

Iman wasn't your typical girl who wore a hijab. She was a strong businesswoman who sacrificed a lot to get to... More

Chapter 2 | Grandchild
Chapter 3 | Fitting
Chapter 4 | His Office
Chapter 5 | Le Monde
Chapter 6 | Flight
Chapter 7 | Royalty
Chapter 8 | Trust
Chapter 9 | Clumsiness
Chapter 10 | Hearts & Bones
Chapter 11 | Unknown
Chapter 12 | Formal
Chapter 13 | The Ring
Chapter 14 | Reconciliation
Chapter 15 | Confession
Chapter 16 | Speechless
Chapter 17 | Goodbyes
Chapter 18 | Last Time
Chapter 19 | With You
Chapter 20 | A Couple Hours
Chapter 21 | Vows
Chapter 22 | Fear
Chapter 23 | News
Chapter 24 | Visitors
Chapter 25 | Time
Chapter 26 | Compliments
Chapter 27 | Helplessness
Chapter 28 | Originality
Chapter 29 | Series of Events
Chapter 30 | 11 Months

Chapter 1 | Coincidence?

50.4K 1.3K 463
By M_Tari

Iman's POV

"Today, your schedule is pretty much free except for your meeting at 17:00 with one of our partners, Zane Industries. Afterward, there is a dinner event you must attend for the new collection launch of Saint Laurent at 19:00."

"Alright. Thank you, Harper."

She smiled before leaving my office but she looked like she was in a rush. Well, I guess that is how you should walk if you are my secretary. I make her do a lot of things but she gets it done before I even ask, which is what makes me love her as a secretary, even more. 

I sighed and stood up from my seat to look out the window. I whispered a small, silent prayer while doing so and thanked Allah for this life he has given me. From living in a small house to now owning a 25 story building, I've come a long way with his help.

I even thought back to when my father almost sold me off to a man just so he could pay for our expenses. I was almost a sacrifice. I never forgave him for that and my mother divorced him for even trying to do so. Ever since that, I have lived with my mother and my sister who is now 10.

As for my father, I haven't seen or contacted him in five years. He forced my other two brothers to stay with him and I haven't seen them ever since either. But all I know now is that my brothers are raising my father and Alhamdulillah they are fine and healthy. 

"Ms. Iman!"

I snapped back to reality from my thoughts and turned around to see Mr. Farah standing in my doorway. 

"Oh, I'm sorry Mr. Farah. I was in my own little world"

He chuckled and took a seat in front of my desk. I sat across from him and asked, 

"What were you here for?"

"I wanted to discuss some of our sponsors with you..."

~~~

The clock hit 17:00 and I was now walking to the meeting room where Zane industries were waiting. After opening the door, I formally greeted them and they all stood up and greeted me by shaking my hand. 

I know what you're thinking. A Muslim woman is grabbing hands with random men. But this is the norm once you're a businesswoman. You make all types of contact with gender. There is no special meaning to it besides politeness and I think nothing more of it. 

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen, let's hear what you have to say" 

I took my seat at the very front of the big table and looked at each and everyone's expressions. 

"Well, let's get straight to our topic. Our partnership with you has lasted for five years now. But, I'm afraid we want to terminate our contract with you, as well as our partnership."

"Sir, are you aware of what you're saying?"

I stood up from my seat in defense and felt my blood coiling.

"Yes, in fact, we're all aware of what I am saying. Also, these are not my words Ms. Iman. I would hate to break a beautiful soul like you with these words, but I'm afraid that our partnership is up to here."

I sighed from frustration but tried to hold a poker face. I mean, they're not our only partners but they are the reason this building is even alive!

"We are also aware that we will be taking part in our share in sales along with our departure - "

"Is there a way to prevent this from happening?"

I cut him off during the middle of his sentence but once I heard his response, I wasn't as relieved.

"I'm glad you finally asked. There is a way, but in order for that to happen, you must speak with Mr.Zane privately."

It was clear that he was reading from a script. That was his only purpose for the papers in front of him. He was given certain orders and it seems like this was something that had to be handled personally. 

"When can I meet with Mr. Zane? I don't recall ever seeing him in this building. Why hasn't he ever come here personally?"

"Ms. Iman, all questions related to Mr.Zane are to be answered only by him. I do not have any knowledge as to what goes on in his mind."

This was another reason I was frustrated. The man never shows up and was mysterious from the start.

"Alright. Then I guess there is no reason to waste your time here. It seems like I'll have to meet Mr.Zane myself."

They all nodded and thanked me for whatever reason they wanted to. I can't believe the nerve of these people. All my life, I was so thankful to them for giving me a jump start in my business and now they're just going to call it a meeting and terminate our partnership?

Once everyone left the room, I stormed out and personally went over to Harper's office. At least she didn't leave work yet.

"Harper, do you have a list of people who will be attending the party at 19:00"

I looked at my watch to see how much time I had to get ready and it doesn't seem like I had a lot. It was already 17:45. 

"Yes ma'am. Here it is."

She grabbed a folder off to her right and handed it to me. I immediately opened it and searched towards the bottom of the list for the name Zane and as expected, I found it. I handed the folder back to Harper and said, 

"Thank you."

I hurried back to my office to pick up my bag and jacket. Afterward, I was on my way out of the building and back home to get myself ready for tonight's event. 

As soon as I walked in the door, I smelled mama's wonderful cooking and didn't want to leave but this party was a must. 

"Oh,  Iman are you home?"

"Yes mama, but I need to get ready!"

I quickly kissed her on the cheek and ran upstairs to my room. I found the custom made dress by Saint Laurent on my bed and quickly changed into that dress. After finding a matching hijab, I wore that too and sat in front of my mirrored dresser to apply some makeup. I already had some on but I only added a brown, hazel color to my eyes and touched up my liner. 

I slowly went back down the stairs, being careful of the dress. Once my mother saw me, she gasped and said, 

"Mashallah. I have such a beautiful daughter."

She made me blush.

"Mama, stop embarrassing me."

"What? It's the truth."

I gave her a hug before leaving and grabbing a different purse to match my outfit and told her, 

"Love you!"

She closed the door for me as I was in too much of a hurry. I got in my R8 and put the address in the GPS. During my whole ride to the event, I had anxiety. How was I going to go up to Mr. Zayn and speak to him? Normally, I don't approach men unless they are coworkers. The whole thought of meeting him gave me the chills but I had to be strong. This was for the company and my family.

Upon my arrival, a valet stopped me and said, 

"I can take it from here. Just write your name and cut out this piece."

I did exactly what he said and left him to park my car for me while I walked up to the front door. I gave them my invitation and they let me walk inside. I calmed down a bit after coming in but that only lasted a little before I was bombarded with people coming up to me and greeting me.

"Iman! How have you been?"

"Iman, you look stunning!"

"It's been such a long time since we spoke!"

I enjoyed my time, chatting with all these people. Some of my friends were here as well, like Asma and Layla. But we rarely have time to hang out with our jobs keeping us busy. 

"So, how is the company?"

Asma asked as we took a seat on one of the couches that were spread around the event hall.

"It's alright but I'm hoping it can be even better."

"Why do you say that?"

Layla jumped in on the conversation and I gladly responded. 

"Well, I just want to be satisfied so I don't plan on resting until I feel like it can stand for a while."

We continued chatting for a good few minutes before we parted ways. I was now in the middle of a sea of people, looking for a possible Mr. Zane. But how do I even know where to start?

"Looking for someone?"

I gasped and turned around to see Marc Jacobs. 

"Oh, Marc!"

He smiled and I almost forgot he asked me a question. 

"Yes, in fact, I am. Do you happen to know the CEO of Zane Industries?"

"Of course I do. Come, let's looks around."

If you were thinking of Marc Jacobs as in the brand, yes. Except he is the founder, not the brand. 

"Oh, Mr. Zane!"

Marc squealed.

My eyes looked up at him as he was taller than me. He had hair as black as an abaya and a perfect, fresh-cut beard. It was imminent that he and I were of the same culture. 

"Mr. Jacobs. To what do I owe this pleasure?"

His voice was very intimidating even when he sounded like he was trying to be polite. My anxiety hit back but I told myself to calm down. 

"This beautiful lady here was looking for you. And now, I will leave you two alone. I have to go and meet a couple of other people."

Mr. Zane nodded and once Marc walked away, we were now alone. It felt like, despite the sea of people present in this hall, they weren't even here. I only felt him and myself.

"Well, are you going to talk?"

He looked down at me to see what I was doing, looking at the ground and he even spoke Arabic which caught my attention even more. 

"Oh, yeah. My name is Iman and I am the founder and owner of Inna Daur, the creative design company."

"I know exactly who you are. I mean, we were partners, weren't we?"

He gave a slight smile but I ignored it and continued to speak.

"WERE. Your chief director has told me that you said to come to talk to you personally if there was a way to end the termination."

He scrunched his eyebrows almost as if it was out of frustration but soon said, 

"Let's go somewhere where there isn't any music."

What he did next took me by surprise. He had grabbed my hand and in the process of him dragging me 'somewhere else' I tried hard to take my hand away from his grip but it was no use. He was obviously stronger than me. 

Thankfully, he let go once we were outside the balcony. The view was what started to distract me but then I remembered that we were here to talk. Not look at the view. 

"As I was saying, I would like to know how we can stop the termination."

This time, I looked up to meet his eyes and it took him a while to gather his strength and answer my question. But, eventually, he did.

"There's only one way I'm willing to stop it."

"And that is?"

I was eager to know the answer. He was playing a game of push and pull with me but I knew better than to quit.

"Become my wife"

~~~

A/N:

Hello, Lovelies, 

Here is a new book for you. My recent book was about a girl who had already found love at such a young age but this one will be totally different and maybe better. Who knows? 

But, please don't forget to leave a comment and a vote if it is your cup of tea:)

Also, here's a pic of Iman and Zane below:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 3.9K 10
Almost everyone wants her to take of her "Hijab" because according to them, she looked like a member of "ISIS" and Maybe just maybe, she might take i...
1.7K 198 44
Maryam: black African and Abdallah: Dubai crowned prince. Maryam was in Dubai for her Masters program and she bumped into Abdallah, a nice boy she n...
Noor By Larissa

Spiritual

35.2K 2.7K 19
This short story is about the encounters of Adali and her path of travel along a spiritual journey. Adali is a devout Muslim, in which this story is...
124K 6.7K 22
She live her dream... He make hIs dream true.. she's innocent ! He arrogant ! He is workerholi ! She enjoy her life ! What will happens when Allah...