Fran

By Rai_Lie

Abandoned by her creator and deemed a monster by society Fran's only wish in life was for her creator to make... More

Chapter 1: Remnants
Chapter 2: Bloodlines

Prologue: It's Alive!

1.8K 42 10
By Rai_Lie

————————————————————
"I never wanted to trouble you... but when you created me, you made me as only me. I am all alone, and it's painful... it's agonizing... it hurts. So, please, just one more. Please, create one more of me. If anyone can, it is you. Please... give me a mate."

-Fran
——————————————————————

And so our story begins with an Italian scientist with the dream of one day creating the ideal human his name of course was Dr. Victor Frankenstein. Victor aspired to recreate the original two humans Adam & Eve starting with Eve in hopes of birthing Adam through her. Victor pictured his Eve to be a wise and beautiful human being perfect in every way but in actuality was far from the perfect being he envisioned...

The creature was unsightly horror according to Victor deeming it a failure in his eyes, but alas the creature did not understand this however, for it was incapable of understanding human emotion such as Victor's frustration and disgust for what he had created. So when the creature try to approach its creator Victor fled in terror leaving the creature confused by his actions. Left alone and confused the creature sought to leave it's place of brith in favor of seeing the outside world where its creator had fled. Upon leaving it's home the creature saw many beautiful things the world had to offer but alas while there is beauty in the world there is also an ugliness to it as well, the creature began to realize that it's existence was not welcomed in this world as humans and animals alike would attack the unsightly monster on sight without relent. These actions drove to the poor creature to isolate itself in the deepest parts of woods where the creature hoped nobody would find it.
During the creature's isolation it began to experience emotions it never felt before, emotions such as anger and grief which led to the creature to resent it's creator for birthing it in such a lonely existence.

Eventually the creature would cross paths with its maker again this time demanding that Victor make another being just like it so it wouldn't be alone anymore but Victor refused this request fearing the repercussions of what a second monster could have on the world.
Seeing as the creature couldn't kill its creator it vowed to take away every single person Victor ever cared about until he complied with its request. These actions only fueled Victor's anger towards the monster he created causing him to give chase to his creation all the way to the South Pole where Victor would meat his demise and succumb to illness. With her maker gone so too were her chances of ever having a being just like her.

Rather than live a a lonely existence where everyone wished for her death the creature saw fit to let itself be consumed in fiery blaze erasing any trace of it ever existing or so the stories say at least...

And so our story begins anew with you dear reader taking on the role of a young mage tasked with investigating a strange anomaly that has occurred in a isolated area far from the prying eyes of normal humans.

POV: Y/N

According to the clock tower there have been strange power fluctuations coming from a nearby lab deep in the woods. The lab itself has been long since abandoned for reasons unknown so whoever or whatever it was causing these disturbances I was going to put a stop to it.
While venturing in the woods reports have also mentioned that mystical creatures have been spotted roaming the area some friendly some not so friendly so it would be best to proceed with extreme caution otherwise I'll be getting into needless fights with a daemon boar or perhaps a werewolf. As I continued my path towards the abandoned lab I noticed it was starting to get dark out and the sound of howling could be heard from multiple directions prompting me to take shelter in a nearby cave while I waited out any passing beasts in the area. I kept my eyes glued towards the entrance of the cave seeing if any beasts were bold enough to actually come in after me but suddenly a unusual thunderstorm rolled up showering everything outside the cave with hail scaring off any potential predators after me. I closed my eyes thinking that I could actually get some rest for once until I heard the sound of a branch snapping inside the cave making think that it was some blood thirsty beast outside but in actuality it was just a small harmless black cat trying to escape the harsh elements outside.

Cat: "Meow."
Y/N: "Jeez, you really had me worried there little fella."
Cat: "Meow."
Y/N: "Trying to find a safe place too huh?"
Cat: "Meow, meow."
Y/N: "So what brings you out to a place like this?"
Cat: "Meow, meow, meow."
Y/N: "So you got lost in the storm and took shelter here."
Cat: "Meow?"
Y/N: "Me? I'm searching for something in this remote place."
Cat: "Meow?"
Y/N: "No not you my friend besides don't you have an owner looking for you?"
Cat: "Meow..."
Y/N: "You don't know? Well I guess you can stick with me until we come across your master."
Cat: "Meow, meow, meow."
Y/N: "Oh that reminds me! You must be hungry huh little buddy? Here, have some food."
Cat: "Meow?"
Y/N: "Don't worry about me you need it more than I do."
Cat: "Meow."
Y/N: "Happy to help my friend."

After the my new feline friend finished its food it jumped into my lap and fell asleep prompting me to do the same since I couldn't really continue my investigation until the storm dies down. While I slept I started having a strange and vivid dream of a young girl dressed in black who I've never met before in my life and yet she seemed to know exactly who I was and kissed me. After a short while her lips separated from mine as she started to walk off in a different direction to leave but stopping and turning her head to where I was and spoke.

???: "Will see each other again soon."

Before I could ask the girl anything my eyes shot open and I found myself back in the cave alone with the black cat I befriended gone. Part of me wanted to stay and search for the cat but another part of me knew that searching for it would prove to be a futile effort...
With the storm cleared I continued on my assignment and stumbled upon the abandoned lab I was searching for...
Upon entering the lab there were human body parts scattered all over the place with electric wires sticking out of them. It seems like someone or something was trying to creat an artificial male life form out of all these human body parts but failed countless times judging from the multiple bodies stacked on top of lab tables with covers over the bodies like something you'd see in a morgue.
Judging by the dated method they used to creat a artificial life form It was safe to assume that this wasn't the work of any competent mage so the only possible conclusion is that this was the work of some strange fanatic but why would a fanatic be so fixated creating a male specimen out of patchwork parts?
Just outside the lab cheerful humming could be heard prompting me to go outside to discover the source of the humming was some women in a dress picking some flowers.

Despite what her appearance would otherwise suggest I cloud already tell she was no ordinary girl let alone human but I that's not to say I wasn't a bit curious to know what exactly she is and judging by the look on her face I'd say she was just as curious of me as I was of her but as soon as I approached her she went from expressing curiosity to expressing immediate anger towards me and grabbed a strange electric mace out of the field of flowers that was next to her. She charged at me with her electric mace in hand while letting out a ferocious scream meant to intimidate me. I dodged out of way not wanting to get hit by that electric weapon of hers. Seeing as talking things out was out of the question I was forced to take a more offensive approach to the situation by casting all sorts of offensive spells against my attacker only for my spells to prove ineffective against my opponent as she tanked every spell I casted and charged right for me striking me with her mace sending me flying into a nearby tree. While recovering from her Initial attack the girl wouldn't relent and continued her assault prompting me to roll out of the way as she decimated a tree I was just at. With spells being ineffective I had to take a more lethal approach this time...
Just as the girl was getting ready to attack I reached from behind me and brought out a sheathed tactical knife. I held the sheathed blade in front of me with my eyes closed as I waited for the girl to attack me again. Just as predicted the girl lunged towards me but as soon she did I opened my eyes with the knife unsheathe and sliced off the girl's arm. She collapsed to the ground in anguish over her arm being cut off and with that the fight was over in a instant. With my attacker unconscious from blood loss I immediately went to work using healing magic to prevent my attacker from bleeding to death but as soon as began the healing process I noticed something off about my attacker's severed arm...

She had all sorts of wires and tubes sticking out of her just like all those bodies back in the lab. Was she trying to creat another entity like herself? If so how many innocent people did she harm or killed just get those body parts? If I hadn't subdued her would I have ended up like one of those corpses as well?

POV:  Y/N end
POV: ???

When I awoke the first thing I noticed was my severed arm was restored there wasn't even any scares or bruises to indicate that my arm was ever cut off. Standing over me was that boy I attacked earlier, he had his knife in hand twirling like it were some sort of toy than stopping when he noticed I was awake. He sheathed his blade and greeted himself to me as if we were acquaintances.

Y/N: "We seem to have started off on the wrong foot, my name is Y/N it's nice to meet you."
???: "Grrr!"
Y/N: "That's quiet the temper you have."
???: "You are not welcome here."
Y/N: "And why's that?"
???: "You humans cause violence wherever you go."
Y/N: "Says the girl who attacked me first..."
???: "Grrr!"
Y/N: "Calm down, your not entirely wrong, there are some pretty nasty humans out there."
???: "You say that like you're not one them."
Y/N: "Technically I'm a Mage but that's more of a title than anything really."
???: "Call yourself whatever you like it doesn't change the fact that you're human."
Y/N: "So do you got a name?"
???: "What does it matter? It not like we're friends or anything."
Y/N: "I gave you my name it only seems fair that'd you give me yours in return."
???: "My creator never gave me one..."
Y/N: "Your creator who was he?"
???: "He was a brilliant man who could creat life through death his name was Victor Frankenstein, my father."
Y/N: "Frankenstein? But that would make
you—"
???: "Frankenstein's Monster..."
Y/N: "I'm not calling you that, how about Fran instead?"
???: "Wait, what did you call me?"
Y/N: "Fran, in honor of your late father."
???: "Fran, Fran, Fran..."
Y/N: "What do you think?"
Fran: "I like it, I like it a lot!"
Y/N: "Now that we're properly acquainted, can I ask you something Fran?"
Fran: "What?"
Y/N: "What were you trying to do with all those bodies in the lab?"
Fran: "I was trying to creat a being like me from notes left behind by my father..."
Y/N: "But it failed every time didn't it?"
Fran: "I was unable to replicate the same miracle that my father had done to creat me..."
Y/N: "What if I take a stab at it?"
Fran: "You would do that for someone like me?"
Y/N: "Of course."
Fran: "I don't understand."
Y/N: "What's there to understand I want to help you Fran."
Fran: "But why? What do you gain from helping me?"
Y/N: "I just simply believe that no one in this world should go through living without knowing some form of happiness."
Fran: *Blushes* "You're a strange person."
Y/N: "So I've been told."

As we were making our way to my father's lab there was this strange feeling flowing through every part of my body. Whenever I looked at
Y/N these strange feelings would only intensify inside me. I tried to convince myself that this warm fuzzy feeling dwelling within me was admiration towards Y/N's character but that proved futile. Just what is this weird feeling running loose inside me?

POV: Fran end
POV: Y/N

As we entered the lab I noticed from the corner of my eye that Fran had been watching my every movement since we got in here. Does she still not trust me yet? Who am I kidding, Fran has every right to be distrustful of humans, after all they've made her life a living hell. Still if I can recreate the same miracle Dr. Frankenstein did then perhaps Fran's outlook towards humanity will change. 

Fran: "Y/N?"
Y/N: "Sorry Fran, I was deep in thought for a moment, Is there something you wanted to ask before we begin?"
Fran: "I was wondering if there was anyone important in you're life?"
Y/N: "Why do you ask?"
Fran: *Blushes*"N-no reason..."
Y/N: "I tend to keep people at arm's length."
Fran: "Are you not comfortable being around you're own kind?"
Y/N: "Its not that it's just..."

My thoughts trailed off to memories when I was child in a village full of humans and Mages coexisting together in harmony. The village was truly a sight to behold until it was attacked and ransacked by a group of Mage killers. They slaughtered everyone including the women and children, even the Mage's who lived in the village perished as well. When the screaming finally stopped and the fires began to settle I found myself to be the only known survivor of that ordeal. There were bodies of people I knew scattered about, their faces forever frozen in horror from when they died. Everything else was a blur after that.

Y/N: "It's just better this way Fran..."
Fran: "Are you alright?"
Y/N: "Let's just focus on the task at hand."

Since the bodies were already constructed by Fran all I had to do was supply one of them with the necessary mana in order to function properly.

It's been a while since I utilized my magical circuits for something like this, To creat life from nothing you'd have to be a god or at least something close to it. I wonder...will I even be able to pull off a miracle such as this? No, stop it Y/N this is no time to be wallowing in self doubt. I closed my eyes and placed my hand on the body focusing all my magical energy into creating life. Once the process was done I was left in a weaken state causing me to drop to one knee to catch my breath.

Fran: "Are you okay Y/N!?"
Y/N: "I'm alright, just need to catch my breath."
Fran: "D-did it work...?"
Y/N: "Only one way to find out."

As we looked over to the operating table we were expecting to see Fran's ideal mate come to life but instead what we found was a creature trapped in an agonizing state pleading to be put out of its misery. I looked over at Fran who was in tears over the state of her mate, she looked back me and asked me to end its suffering so I did. With my knife in hand I drove my blade deep into the creature's skull killing it quickly so it wouldn't have to suffer. Once the deed was done I went outside the lab to find Fran mindlessly picking followers in the field.

Y/N: "Fran...?"
Fran: "Is there a purpose to life Y/N?"
Y/N: "I'm not sure I can give you a clear answer to that Fran."
Fran: "In life it seems we're meant to suffer no matter what."
Y/N: "I'd like to think there's more to life than just suffering."
Fran: "Like what?"

Y/N: "There's beauty in the life given to us."
Fran: *blushes* "B-beauty?"
Y/N: "My master would always tell me to go out into the world and experience what life had to offer."
Fran: "So that's what you meant..."
Y/N: "I think you should do the same Fran,
there's nothing left for you here save for a couple of bad memories."
Fran: "Where would I go...?"
Y/N:  "You can come with me if you like?"
Fran: "You're okay with a monster like me accompanying you on you're travels?"
Y/N: "You're not a monster to me Fran."
Fran: "What am I to you than?"
Y/N: "You're a living breathing person with the same rights as everyone else."
Fran: *Blushes* "You really are a strange human Y/N."
Y/N: "I know, so will you come with me?"

Fran took hold of the flower I had holding it close to her chest with her eyes closed contemplating her answer before opening her eyes back up and answering.

Fran: "I wish to be by your side no matter where your travels may lead us."
Y/N: "It's good to have you with me Fran."

POV: Y/N End

And so the young mage and his new found companion set off towards their new journey together unaware of the cloaked figure watching them from afar.

???: "Not just yet."

End of Prologue
————————————————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 50 11
Fate is a fickle creature. It can propel one to greatness or condemn another to mediocrity. It can be cruel, kind, or downright brutal, but if it is...
14 5 7
Revenge. That's the only thing she thinks about. Until she finds her mate. Then is it revenge or life? Which will she give up? Who would guess that h...
35.9K 525 8
HIS DESTINED MATE -- PUBLISHING He wasn't her mate, and she would never allow herself to be tied down to a man she could never love. She wanted a fa...
236K 6.9K 27
Amanda Auburn thought she had it all - a new job in the city, new friends, a co-worker with interest and a great boss. All that is about to change wh...