Scary Urban Legends

By painfullyilleterate

A collection of equally terrifying stories for those readers that are easily scared ๐Ÿ˜ˆ My goal is to scare m... More

Tips
The Girl Who Wasn't
Video Tape
This is me
Help Me
Birch Trees
Natalie's Dad
We Discovered A Rocky Mountain Creature
Where Are The Beasts
The Lady In The Corner
John
I can smell death
A/n
Do The Right Thing
Old Rain Man
The Apartment Story
Straight Hair
The New House
Pretending to be asleep doesn't work
A ladder to the sun
Haunted By My Sisters Doll
The Faceless Man
A Good Housewife
Help
Break In
Arin
Home Alone.. I think
Disembodied Voice
Old campus
Room 20
Hairy arms
Thank You

Something is wrong with my neighbors

10.9K 350 549
By painfullyilleterate

Last Wednesday my girlfriend (Mandy) and I (Kevin) were watching some movies before I left for work. I work thirds shift so this was about 8:00 p.m. about two hours before I leave. Mandy got up and went into the kitchen to get some snacks when I heard her call my name.

"Kev, could you come here?" she sounded a bit nervous.

Wondering what the hell she was on edge so suddenly for I walked out to the kitchen to investigate.

"What's wrong babe?" I said rounding the corner into the kitchen, looking around.

"Umm....." She said, pointing out the window.

I walked up to the window and I looked out. At first it was hard to see my neighbor Brittany outside. So I walked over turned the kitchen light off making it easier to see out the window. As soon as I hit the switch, Mandy gasped and clutched her hands over her mouth.

"What babe?" I jogged over there.

I looked out the window and was shocked to say the least. My neighbor was doing her damn husband in her yard, staring straight at us with a blank stare.

"What is she doing?" I kinda chuckled.

Mandy looked at me nervously. I looked out the window and didn't really know what to think of the situation. After a moment or two of her standing there on her hands, I decided to go out and ask her what she was doing. I figured she was just messing with us in a weird... stupid sort of way.

" I'm gonna go see what she's doing." I said, turning to walk away.

" Babe come on, I don't like this it seems... weird" This was definitely not funny to Mandy.

" I'll be back in a minute." I shrugged her off and went to grab my jacket.

Mandy watched nervously as I headed out my back door. It was a pretty chilly night as its only March so I shivered and turned to walk over to their house. I got to the corner of my house to where I should have seen Brittany, standing there in her backyard, but I didn't.

TAP TAP TAP.

It made me jump as I whirled around to see Mandy hitting the window waving me in frantically.

"What?" I said shrugging my shoulders at her.

She pointed frantically over at my neighbors in a panicked way, and it looked like she was scared shitless. I looked back to their house again and nearly shit my pants. Brittany was standing next to her house, only something seemed very off. She was smiling widely and her eyes were completely bugged out, like she was super surprised or something. I automatically began to back up slowly, this didn't feel right at all and I definitely didn't feel safe at that moment.

" Kevin come here... I want to show you something." Brittany whispered.

I shook my head no at her and kept backing away. She slowly stepped forward, keeping pace with me. She was maybe ten feet away. I turned and ran full blast to my house. I could hear her laughing like a lunatic as she began chasing me. Thank god that as I rounded the corner Mandy had the door open and ready for me to run in because Brittany was faster than shit. Just as Mandy closed the door behind me I heard Brittany slam into the door with a sickening thud. I thought for sure there was going to be some damage to the door as she repeatedly pounded on the door while laughing.

" Brittany I'm going to call the cops if you don't leave! and you're paying for my damn door if you break it!" I shouted angrily.

Suddenly all the noise stopped and Mandy and I stared at each other waiting for some sort of noise. Mandy was sobbing quietly, she was terrified and I didn't blame her. We heard nothing but still sat there. I had a good idea of going to my bedroom and looking out the window to see if she left.

" Where are you going?" Mandy asked sobbing, holding my arm to keep me from leaving.

" Come on lets go check through our window to see if she left" I whispered.

She nodded and we both got up and crept to our room. It was already dark so we didn't have to worry about turning the light off which would of gave it away we were in our room. We both tiptoed to the window and slowly peeked our heads to the corner and angled just right so we could see our back door.

"Oh thank god.." Mandy let out a sigh of relief.

I felt a bit relieved too, that was not normal behavior for Brittany, and it kind of creeped me out. We both relaxed a little bit but it didn't last long at all. Mandy shrieked and jumped back knocking over our little stand sending books and whatever was on it flying to the floor.

"Damn!" She shouted.

I looked over and jumped a little myself. Brittany was staring in our window smiling that huge damn grin looking as crazy as ever before.

" Brittany go away!" I shouted angrily.

She stared laughing again as she inched closer to where my face was. Once she was level with my face she just sat there for a minute and we locked eyes. It didn't eve look like Brittany anymore, it looked like she was possessed or something. Out of nowhere she started slamming her head into our window, cracking it instantly. Blood began to trickle down her forehead and both me and Mandy got up and ran. Right after I closed our bedroom door I heard the window shatter.

" Jesus Christ Kevin get the keys!" Mandy shouted.

I couldn't remember where I put them. Mandy ran upstairs and I followed her closely behind. The door to our room slammed open as we reached the top of the stairs. As quickly and as quietly as we could we ran to the bathroom and shut the door, locking it behind us. I looked on the counter and there was my keys.

"Yes!" I whispered excitedly.

Mandy put her fingers to her lips to shush me and slowly hopped into the bathtub. I turned off the light and quietly hopped in with her, closing the shower curtains. The house was completely silent and we could hear the thuds of Brittany making her way up the stairs. We sat there in terror listening to our nut job neighbor, possibly possessed slowly creeping closer. It sounded like she was sniffing the air which made it even scarier. She stopped right in front of the bathroom door and quietly chuckled.

" I knows your in there..." She whispered loudly " I can smell youuuu" She finished in a sing song voice.

Her voice sent shivers down my spine. I don't know why but I just now realized my cell phone was in my pocket. I frantically dug it out and turned it on. Awesome, it's 15%, plenty enough to call 911.

" Oh my god call quick!" Mandy whispered desperately.

The phone rang twice before an operator finally picked up.

"911 what's your emergency?" A kind, tired sounding woman answered.

" Please hurry!" I whispered " My neighbor broke in and is trying to kill me, she's outside my bathroom door now. My address is *** N Oak street. Please hurry!" I rushed.

As soon as I finished my phone dimmed. It was now 1%.

"What?" Mandy whispered.

" I don't know, it was just 15%! I'm so confused!' I whispered back frantically.

BOOM!

Mandy and I jumped and shrieked as Brittany slammed what I'm assuming was her head against the door.

" They will never make it.... YOU will never make it..." Brittany shouted.

She started laughing hysterically again as she pounded away on the door. Mandy and I were shouting and we were both beyond petrified. I got up and turned the light on, prepared to fight this crazy ass lady. I could see the door splintering and cracking with each blow. She had to be hitting the door with a lot of force, this was no weak door. It was really solid, yet here she was, literally breaking it down. A small hole finally broke through the door, and the pounding stopped. It got way to quite and I knew there was no good coming from this. I slowly walked up to the door and peeked through the little hole. Brittany's eye poked through on the other side and scared the shit out of me.

"Hi Kevin!" She said in a cheerful singsong voice like that of a toddler, and began clawing and tearing at the hole.

"Get out of here Brittany!!" I shouted.

Then by the grace of god I heard pounding on the door from the police. All of the noise from Brittany stopped and Mandy and I started shouting for the police. After a minute we heard the door break down and officers rushing in. Once they got to us they told us to open the door, we did, and Mandy flung out hugging the officer, crying hysterically. We gave the officers our statement of what happened and they went over to our neighbors house to question them. Brittany was obviously gone and they couldn't find her, she must have dove out of our second story window and ran off somewhere because she was nowhere to be found. Sometime later we saw the ambulance arrive and take someone out on a stretcher in a body bag. It was Jake. Apparently he had been murdered by Brittany. The police wouldn't tell us how or anything just that he was murdered and there was a warrant put out Brittany. The police were gonna watch our house closely for the next few nights in case she returned. Mandy and I were pretty shaken up over the whole thing and jumped at every little noise.

We thought this whole nightmare was over and that Brittany will get caught eventually and that she was done with us. Now I don't think she is, last night I swear I saw her standing in our backyard again. She was doing her stupid handstand so I called the police to investigate but they found nothing. No sign of her anywhere. I don't think she is finished with us and she's gonna return. Only this time I will be prepared, with my gun by my side at all times.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.9K 1.4K 200
A bunch of quotes from anime's. I don't own any of the pictures I use. Highest ranking: #2 in animequotes 28/6/19 #152 in quotes 30/6/19 Some of the...
11K 188 6
(Highest ranking:#1 in HorrorShortStory ) Eight Feet Tall or "Hachishakusama" is a Japanese urban legend about a tall woman who abducts children. T...
42.4K 1.3K 79
(แ€€แ€ผแ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€žแ€Šแ€บแ€ท แ€…แ€€แ€ฌแ€ธแ€œแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€™แ€ปแ€ฌแ€ธ แ€•แ€ซแ€žแ€Šแ€บแ€ทแ€กแ€แ€ฝแ€€แ€บ แ€…แ€ฌแ€–แ€แ€บแ€žแ€ฐแ แ€žแ€˜แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€‘แ€ฌแ€ธแ€กแ€•แ€ฑแ€ซแ€บ แ€™แ€ฐแ€แ€Šแ€บแ€•แ€ซแ€žแ€Šแ€บ๐Ÿ”ž) แ€–แ€แ€„แ€บแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏ แ€™แ€ฏแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฎแ€ธแ€”แ€ฑแ€€แ€ผแ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€กแ€™แ€ฝแ€พแ€ฌแ€™แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€”แ€พแ€™ แ€”แ€พแ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บ แ€œแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€€แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธแ€‘แ€ฒแ€™แ€พแ€ฌ แ€กแ€€แ€ผแ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€†...
55.3K 1.3K 200
Tiny horror stories (Doesn't exceed 100 words) None of these stories is from other books or online. These were all written by me. Do not steal them...