Love Happens - A Draco/Hermio...

By imbkaas

Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger met before they started at Hogwarts and became friends. But this was before... More

First Year
Second Year
Third & Fourth Year
Malfoy Happened
We Were Friends Once
Happy Birthday Hermione
Just Friends
Jealousy
I Love...
Please Say Something
Nothing To Fear
A Thousand Times Yes
Obliviate
Choco-loco
I Trust You
A Great Start
A Valid Reason
Only The Beginning
Please... Stop
Friends
The Hardest Choice
She's Gone
Why Are We Friends?
Australia!
Avada Kedavra
All ze boys like her, don't zey?
It's really bad
Come what may
Love Hurts Sneakpeak

Never Got That Far

11.1K 268 22
By imbkaas

Everything belongs to J.K.Rowling - except for plot

Sorry it took so long. I was travelling again, this time home. After a three week vacation in Minnesota, it was time to go home again. But now I FINALLY had time to write! :) I hope you like this chapter, it took a while for me to plan and figure out. and let me just say... THERE IS ONLY 3 MORE CHAPTERS LEFT!!! (Not including this one!) So we are almost at the end! :) 

REMEMBER TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER HP-FANFIC: Karolyn Bouvier: A Girl With a Secret! :) It'll make me very happy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 26 - Never Got That Far

HERMIONES POV

Sitting in the arms of my love, looking at the water, I finally felt safe. Ginny was already sleeping, after the day we’d had, she was tired, and she wanted to give us some privacy. Every five seconds I felt Draco’s lips on my head, my cheek or my own lips. He couldn’t seem to let me out of his sight; I believe he was scared I would leave again. All though I had assured him I would never leave his side again, he didn’t quite believe me. City lights surrounded us, and, even though it was late, the streets still buzzed with excitement, happiness, friendships and love. I gave Draco’s hand a tiny squeeze and leaned my head on his shoulder. Again I felt his lips as they pressed lightly to the top of my head. Butterflies flew around in my stomach, as I thought about the wonderful things we had experienced together. I suddenly remembered something he had said earlier, and sat up straight. Draco immediately looked alarmed.

         “What’s wrong, love?” he asked with no attempt to hide the sudden panic in his voice. I smiled and pecked him on the lips.

         “Is it really true?” I asked. A look of confusion spread over Draco’s face and he frowned.

         “Is what true?”

         “I just thought of something you said earlier.”

         “Well, I said a lot of things earlier.” Draco laughed and seemed to relax a tiny bit more, but he was still pretty tensed up, I don’t think he’d relax again until he knew no more dangers were out there.

         “You said something to Lucius,” I tried to remember his exact words, “I think it was something like, ‘Love happens, I can’t control it…” Draco cut me off with a kiss.

         “I’ve been in love with you since I saw you the first time.” He breathed in the middle of the kiss. I smiled and opened up for him. Every kiss with Draco was like our first. The fiery passion I felt deep down cursing through my body, never seemed to stop. The butterflies in my stomach fluttered freely around my whole body, and I always ended up lightheaded and out-of-breath. This was no exception. When our tongues met I moaned in pleasure; I had missed this so much during the past weeks. It had been torture not being close to Draco, and I needed to make up for the lost time. But it wasn’t going to be here, not in full display in Sydney. I slowly drew away from him, the kiss left not only me, but him as well, slightly breathless.

         “So is it true?” I wondered aloud, Draco smirked and looked at the sky before returning his gaze to me.

         “Yes. I knew you’d be the one for me. Even as an eleven-year-old girl with big front teeth and frizzy hair, you were beautiful.” I giggled and ran my fingers through his shaggy hair. He needed a haircut pretty bad.

         “What about now?” I asked. He looked down at me; his grey eyes sparkled from the streetlights.

         “Now? With smaller teeth and still kind of frizzy hair you’re beautiful. The most gorgeous girl I have ever laid eyes on. No one can compare to you.” He whispered and leaned down to kiss me. I turned my cheek to him, and he looked at me with confusion painted on his face.

         “How could you be in love with me when you slept with all those girls though?” I whispered, the thought of those rumours about him and all of his girls was breaking my heart.

         “I believed you didn’t care about me, I just tried to get over you. For three whole years you never said a word to me. I thought you hated me. I just wanted to forget about you.” He said as he held my gaze. I closed my eyes.

         “I never hated you. I feared you. When Voldemort came back, Harry told us who had been in the graveyard that night. He mentioned your father. It scared me. I was terrified that you’d end up like him. That’s why I wouldn’t speak to you. Not because I hated you, but because I was too frightened by whom you might’ve turned out to be!” I sighed, “When we began school this year, I was suddenly thrown into the most horrific situation I could ever imagine. Living with you for a whole year. It seemed like McGonagall was trying to punish me for something. I was absolutely terrified.”

         “That explains a lot.” Draco muttered.

         “Like what?”

         “Like why you all of a sudden stopped talking to me, why you never replied to my letters and messages. Don’t even try to avoid it; I know you got them all. But it haunted me, not knowing why you avoided me. That was why I joined Umbridge’s inquisitorial squad back in our fifth year. I was trying to get your attention . . . Yes, I know it seems stupid, but I was desperate. It just seemed to make you dislike me even more.

         That’s when I really began going for those other girls. Every time I’d seen you laugh, or smile while being around Harry or Ron, it burned me from the inside. It was the only way I could escape my thoughts. That... and alcohol. But that wasn’t as available as girls.” I shuddered as he spoke, “don’t worry. None of it meant anything to me.”

         “Yes. I get that. It’s just not my favourite subject. I just don’t like hearing about how many of the girls in school you had sex with. I know I brought it up, but I need to know. Even though it hurts.” Draco pulled me in for a hug.

         “I love you. Y. O. U.” he kissed me on my head between each letter as he spelled it out for me.

         “You know what hurt the most about those girls?” I muttered into his chest, he looked wonderingly down at me as he pulled slightly away, arching an eyebrow, urging me to speak.

         “It’s not that bad when you did it during the past years. To be honest, I didn’t really care much. I kind of fell for Ronald . . . let me finish, Draco. I didn’t care back then, but then this year? You flaunted it intentionally. Having sex with Astoria Green . . .” my voice broke, the memory of that day had haunted me for a while. Ever since it had happened. Draco pulled me closer once more and stroked me comfortingly on my back.

         “Seeing you with Weasley made me jealous, more jealous than you could ever imagine. You’re right though; I intentionally brought her back to our common room. But the second we were done, I made her leave. I regretted my rushed decision. I didn’t want you to see her in there. But that was the moment you decided to get back.” I slithered out of his grip and stared incredulously at him.

         “So you slept with her and then threw her out?” I asked. Draco rolled his eyes, “you are a jerk.”

         “I thought we’d agreed on that years ago.” He joked, but I didn’t laugh.

         “Draco, I love you. But I despise the way you used to live your life.”

         “I do too. I wish it had been different. What I don’t get is, that with all the dumb stuff I’ve done, you decide to linger on my love life. Not the death eaters. Your mind works in an interesting way, Granger.” That almost made me smile.

Almost.

         “We’ve already talked about your past with the death eaters.” I said. Bringing his hands to his head, he sighed frustrated and looked at the sky with a haunted look on his face. I felt bad for even starting this conversation. He was clearly miserable when it came to talking about his past. I knew he wasn’t proud of the things he had done earlier.

         “Can’t we just stop talking about me for a while. I’m almost beginning to hate myself.” He pleaded. I took his hand and gazed into his grey eyes. They were so gorgeous. Looking at him I found all the former resentment and anger dissolve. I leaned towards him and melted into his arms, he hugged me close and planted a kiss on my forehead as he stroked my hair.

         “I have a question for you now.” He muttered after some time, I couldn’t figure out his tone of voice. I carefully looked up at him, and immediately recognized the way he looked at me. Pure adoration shone out of every part of his face.

         “What is it?”

         “You asked me when I began loving you. It’s time for you to answer that question.”

         “To be honest . . . I don’t know. I fancied you ever since I got that letter from you after I had been petrified. But then I stopped talking to you, and I started noticing Ron. But then he began dating Lavender. And I didn’t know anymore. I didn’t trust any of my feelings to be real. I couldn’t. I would just get hurt again. It wasn’t until after I got my memory back I realized how much you’d sacrificed for me. How much you cared about me. How much I loved you for doing that for me.” I mused. I felt Draco stiffen as I mentioned my short-term memory loss, we didn’t talk about it much. I remembered everything that had happened during that time. Including a horrific fight between Draco and I, which eventually had led to me being kidnapped by Lucius and being tortured.

         “Maybe that memory loss was a good thing after all though.” He finally said. I felt a smile creeping onto my face and I laughed silently.

         “Yeah . . . maybe.” I whispered. Draco smiled and kissed me. My insides went soft as I clung into him.

         “You bring out the best on me, Hermione. You are truly amazing.” He murmured in the middle of our kiss. I pulled away slowly stood up, pulling Draco with me.

         “Come on. Let’s go back to the hotel.” I said. Draco nodded and hand-in-hand we walked back to the hotel.

We had all checked in to the same hotel now, and since money wasn’t really a problem for either of us, we had rented a suite at the Four Seasons in Sydney. The suite was huge! Ginny had her own bedroom, and there were probably enough room for at least five more people. Draco and I shared a room. After more than two weeks of separation, I wanted to be close to him.

When we got to our room I went into the bathroom to change. Draco had already seen me almost naked, but that was right after I had lost my memory, and I didn’t know any better. I didn’t know how shy I usually was at that time. Now, I was back to being extremely self-conscious, and I most definitely did not want Draco to see me in my underwear. I put on my new pyjamas. It was a lot sexier than my old one. I had gotten it a few days ago; I don’t know why I bought it. I just saw it in a store, and thought Draco might like it. So I got it. Even though I didn’t know if I’d ever see him again at that point. But now, I was very happy I’d decided to buy it.

It was a nightgown made of silk in a silvery blue colour. The straps were spaghetti thin and the dress felt soft against my skin. I loved it a lot. The only downside to the dress was the length. It was really short! When I had my arms straight down my sides my fingertips reached the edge of the skirt. I had never in my life owned anything that short or revealing. But I was positive Draco would love it. I left my hair hanging loose, my curls actually looked great today. Not just frizzy like they usually did. I glanced at my reflection in the mirror one last time before I left the bathroom.

Draco’s gaze proved my thoughts right. He regarded me with admiration and as I moved towards him he slowly lost his breath. I had most definitely caught him off guard. He had changed as well, even though I had seen him shirtless several times, he never failed to stun me, his perfect abs and that one long scar, which ran across his chest from his left shoulder to right below his ribcage on his right side. The scar was a reminder to him of his horrible past. He stood up from the bed and pulled me close.

         “You. Are. Gorgeous.” He breathed as he held my gaze. My breath caught in my throat as he spoke.

         “So are you.” I whispered, he chuckled and drew me in for a kiss. As our tongues met we started moving towards the bed, and when we fell down I giggled.

         “I love you, Draco.” I breathed in between kisses. My words seemed to fire him up; I felt his hands all around my body, and one of them ended on my thigh, slowly lifting the hem of the dress. When I didn’t stop him he began pulling off the dress. I was suddenly very conscious of our situation. Draco lay on top of me, my dress halfway pulled off and this was getting very hot. I began pulling away, and Draco immediately caught onto it. He leaned back and looked at me apologetically.

         “I’m sorry. I should have stopped.” He said.

         “No, it’s fine, I don’t mind. I want to.” I whispered, slightly out of breath from our kissing. I caught his gaze; his eyes were filled with wonderment. “It’s just . . .” I hesitated, biting my lip and earning a look of concern from Draco. “I’ve . . . I’ve never – you know,” I couldn’t quite say it. But Draco seemed to figure it out.

         “You’ve never had sex, have you?”

         “Ah . . . I,” my mouth was hanging slightly open, “no.” I whispered. A smile spread on Dracos face. “What?”

         “Nothing. I just always assumed that… you know. You were with Weasley for a while. I just thought you would have done it.” He winced; it probably wasn’t a delight for him to think about me having sex with Ron. But then he knew how I felt about him and all of his girls.

         “No. We never got that far.” I muttered. Draco smiled and leaned back over me.

         “I’m glad.” He whispered and kissed me again.

         “Why?”

         “Because I really want this to be special for you. I want you to be comfortable, and I want to be your first. It’s truly a privilege. You are such a special girl, I just hope you’re happy with me.” I smiled as I moved my hand to his neck and pulled him down for another kiss.

This was the happiest moment of my life.

 3 chapters left! :) VOTE COMMENT FAN SING A SONG :) BE HAPPY! I WANT TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS! :) 10 comments and 15 votes? That'll give me some time to write! :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 36 9
Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy have always hated each other since their first year at Hogwarts. After they were accidentally sent back in time, wo...
680K 14.9K 36
The Wizarding War is over. Voldemort is dead. The Wizarding World is now peaceful. Wizards and Witches are still reminiscing about the past. Hermion...
21.3K 539 33
The Wizarding War is over, and Voldemort is gone. The golden trio decides to go back to Hogwarts to retake their 7th year, their last year, but they...
363 0 41
Madeleine Van Alen hates Draco Malfoy with a passion. Insults, fights, and the occasional duel can happen when Maddie and Draco go to Hogwarts togeth...