Forever yours

By radkam80

This story is of Sameer and Naina from Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai. Naina Agarwal is a quintessential girl who f... More

The Gamechanger Night
Pyar ka Ehsaas
Thodi si Jalan
Nok Jhok
Amar Prem
Saat Vachan
Khoobsurat Raat
The Doomsday!
Kuch Dabe Hue Sach
The Heartbreak
Jija Saali ki Dosti
The Care of Love
Revolution!
Pyar Toh Hai!
Bacha Liya!
Ek Naya Adhyay
Grih Pravesh
You are Beautiful
Maidan-E-Jung
Dhobi Ghat
"Naina sang Sameer"
Thank you!!!
Isstriwale Jija
The Handsome Chauffeur
Responsibility
Regaining the Trust
Tera Saath Na Chodunga
First Love Letter
Shuru se Shuruat
Sapnon ka Saudagar
Please note!
Bromance
Thoda Sa Pyar Hua Hai...
....Thoda Hai Baaki
Dooriyan Duur Ho Gayi
Ek Vachan
Sharing the Bliss
The Challenge
Fugly

The Stylist Lover

1.8K 148 104
By radkam80

Sorry dearies for being so late in posting this part...Too many work commitments and some personal stuff. I will try my best to be regular. Hope you enjoy this part.

Part 23

Naina's unusual behavior had him thinking but he knew she wouldn't respond if asked. So, the only other alternative was Preeti. As usual she was seated on the swing pretending to be focusing on the magazine, but was half dozing off as it was way past her sleeping hour, but she didn't want to intrude in the lovebirds' privacy, which was available only at nighttime for a few minutes in such a large interfering joint family.

"Saaliji", his voice startled her and she was almost about to fall off the swing.

"Jijaji...kya hua? Pareshan lag rahe ho? Naina ne fir kuch kaha kya?", she asked concerned with the forlorn look on his face.

"Wahi toh problem ki Naina kuch kehti nahi hai. Aap batao mujhe, jab main shaam ko yahan nahi tha, kuch hua tha kya?"

Preeti downcast her eyes as she couldn't lie to him nor break her sister's kasam. "Nahi, kuch nahi hua". She tried to sound convincing.

"Matlab kuch toh bada hua hai, jo aap bhi mujhe nahi bataa rahi hai".

Preeti immediately whisked her gaze to him that how easily he could decipher Naina's behavior that her changed manner had gotten him suspicious so easily.

"Jijaji, I am sorry par main aapko nahi bata sakti, Naina ne kasam di hai. Par mujhe yeh bhi pataa hai ki aap usse itna pyar karte hai ki uska halka sa bhi badlav aap bhaanp lete hai. Toh aap dheeraj rakhiye, aap ko khud hi pataa chal jaayega. Abhi so jao. Goodnight". She
scampered away as she couldn't meet his questioning gaze anymore.

Sameer tossed and turned half the night as sleep was far away. He couldn't point a finger as to what was bothering her. He deeply wished that he could find out soon and resolve it to bring her some peace and thinking about her smile, he finally dozed off for a few hours.

Next morning Sameer was up before the usual hour and since there was not enough time for practice, he just went for his customary jog.

The house had started bustling until his return as it was Monday, the start of a new week and everyone was up and about early. The girls were also getting ready, Naina with some help from Chachiji in her morning chores.

"Arre Preeti, beta tere baal toh maine seedhe kar diye, ab tu Naina ke baal banane mein madad kar...main tum logon ka naashta aur tiffin taiyaar karti hoon. Aaj tere Papa ko bhi jaldi jaana hai! Bahut kaam hai beta, jaldi taiyyar jo jao tum dono", Chachiji instructed Preeti.

"Uff...yeh Mummy bhi na...." Preeti grumbled as usual.

"Naina, tu ruk....main apni choti bandh ke feete laga loon, fir tera karti hoon".

"Main kar doon?" Asked a voice from the threshold of the open room.

Both girls whirled in the direction and were surprised to see Sameer already dressed and ready to leave. Naina thought to herself that indeed Sameer was changing from a late lateef lazy bum to someone responsible, mature and immensely caring.

Preeti was elated like everyday with his offer of help "Jijaji..." Naina glared at her to be quiet or not address him as such as anyone could hear it.

Preeti realized her folly and clenched her eyes and bit her tongue but continued her antics.

"Aap choti banayenge? Aapko aata hai baal banana".

"Waise mere Salman Khan style baalon mein choti toh nahi banani padti, par Prem apni Suman ki dou chotiyan banane ki koshish kar sakta hai". Sameer winked at Naina and responded teasingly to Preeti.

He stepped in while answering and came close to the chair in front of the dressing table where Naina was seated.

He picked up the comb and started combing her hair and dividing them in two parts for two plaits. Preeti was amused as he was tugging and pulling and annoying Naina in the process coz only Chachiji combed her hair without irritating her and she knew how much Naina hated when some hair got pulled.

After a few seconds, she jerked around and snatched the comb from his hand "Tum rehne do, tumse kuch nahi hoga. Pehle tumhari chewing gum ke chakkar mein mujhe baal kaatne pade the, ab kahi tumhari choti bananeke chakkar mein main takli na ho jaaon".

A giggle escaped Sameer but her death glare forced him to put on a straight face.

"Arre Naina, daant kyon rahi hai, wo roz yeh sab thode hi karte hai, par tere liye koshish toh kar rahe hai na". Preeti tried to calm her down.

"Haan toh kahi aur jake koshish kare, mere baalon pe kalakari dikhane ki zaroorat nahi hai". Sameer was saddened at her hurtful words while she turned around searching for her white ribbons in the dressing table drawers.

Preeti gestured him that its ok. "Aap dukhi mat ho, iske baal khinchte hai toh bahut gussa karti hai, Mummy pe bhi. Main batati hoon kaise karna hai".

She took the comb from Naina and started parting her hair in two equal divisions. "Ab main apni choti banati hoon, aap waise hi Naina ki banao".

Preeti started demonstrating on her hair and Sameer tried to emote exactly. He first made three strands and started intertwining them to form a braid. Unfortunately, at the end of it, something resembling a braid came out but was so funny that Naina thought it was rather apt to leave her hair open. However, Kumud teacher was quite particular about school dress code and she couldn't leave her hair open or just tie a ponytail. And since, it was getting late to school if they had to visit the mandir before, she would have to make do with whatever Sameer had done to her hair.

He wasn't satisfied but quite proud of his handiwork. After breakfast, when all three were ready to leave, Rakesh sauntered in.
"Itni subah subah kahan chal diye?" he enquired in his usual angry tone.

"Sir, wo pehle hum mandir jaayenge aur fir school", Sameer tried to explain. Before Rakesh could question further, he continued "Wo Naina cycle nahi chala payegi na toh main Nanaji ki car le aaya tha, waise bhi khali padi rahegi, aur Naina ki har zimmedari meri hai na. Waise maine raat ko Chachaji se puch liya tha, buss aapse hi puchne aa rahe the ki kya Naina Preeti ko car mein le ja sakta hoon?"

"Haan...thik hai thik hai....thodi der ruko, main bhi taiyyar ho jata hoon, mujhe bhi school jana hai, main bhi chaloonga". Sameer's overzealous attitude died in a moment thinking about Rakesh accompanying them in the front seat and hearing his rant all the way.

But as usual, his dear Saali came to his rescue, "Hey bhagwan....", Preeti cried out loudly.

"Kya hua..." Rakesh asked her and Chachiji also came running out of the kitchen with a kadchi in hand.

"Kya hua Preeti beta?", asked Bela.

"Arre Mummy, Tauji, wo main kal ka Mala miss ka homework karna hi bhool gayi aur aaj toh pehli class unhi ki hai"...She quickly glanced at her wristwatch, "abhi time hai...Main na fatafat kar leti hoon...Tauji aap bhi taiyyar ho jayiye, fir main aapke saath hi chaloongi, warna late ho jaungi...wo kya hai na ki cycle ke tyre mein hawa nahi hai, bharana bhool gayi...toh....inn donon ko aage jane dete hai, waise bhi Naina mandir mein bahut time lagati hai".

Bela tapped at her forehead "Tu bhi na Preeti...khamakha dara diya" And she went back to her kitchen chores.

"Yeh aajkal ke bachche, zimmedari ka koi ehsaas hi nahi hai....Homework kaise bhool jati ho? Aaj toh main khud Malaji se kahoonga ki tumahri copy theek se check kare, aur koi bhi galati ho toh barabar sazaa de".

Then he turned to Sameer, "Aur tum...baalon ki dukaan. Baal sehlate sehlate kahi car ka accident mat kar dena...Gadi chalate waqt nazar samne sadak pe honi chahiye...Meri beti ko dhyan se le jana aur theek se school lekar aana...warna tumhe mujhe jawab dena padega aur main tumhe school se nikalwa doonga".

Rakesh gave strict warnings and went to Taiji's house to get ready.

Preeti winked at Sameer and he understood that it was all her plan to keep the tyrant away.

Naina saw the exchange but chose not to comment, picked up her bag in one hand and started walking out of the house.

"Thank you Saliji...aap toh bilkul angel hai...meri madad ke liye aa hi jati hai... Sasurji se bachane ke liye thank you...par iss chakkar mein aapka mandir jana reh gaya".

"Arre Jijaji, Bhagwan ko main kisi aur din darshan dekar dhanya kar doongi....ab aap jao, aur apni Naina ke saath subah ka mazaa lo", she winked and he smiled at her antics.

Sameer hurried down and saw Naina waiting at the society gate with the bag slung on one shoulder. He loved her side profile, so pure, so serene and simply beautiful.

As he came close, "Sameer, kya hum sach mein tumhari car main jayenge" Seeing his confused expressions, "Matlab mein rickshaw se bhi ja sakti hoon".

Sameer understood her dilemma of sitting close to him and that too alone.

"Dekho Naina, waise bhi main tumhe akele nahi jane doonga. Agar tum richskaw se jana chati ho toh theek hai, par main toh tumhare saath hi jaaonga. Ek toh main tumhe akela nahi chodne wala aur dusra abhi tumhare Papa ne tumhare samne mujhe warning di hai, agar tumhe kuch bhi hua toh wo meri khatiya khadi kar denge".

A tiniest smile curved at the corner of her lips at his reference to her Papa, which was noticed by Sameer.

He grinned seeing her relaxed.
When she didn't say anything, he continued "tum yahi ruko, main car leke aata hoon. Wahan gali ke end mein park ki hai".

He hurried away & came back in a few minutes driving the car. He stopped it right at her footstep, got down & still observing her confusion & dilemma, opened the backside passenger door.

She looked at him with surprise and all he did was smile. Their eyes were enough to convey that he cares more about her comfort and rid her of the awkwardness than his wish of having her seated in the front with him. He didn't mind being her driver only if thats what made her comfortable.

Naina didn't say a word but her eyes spoke volumes that she was greatful to him for understanding her turmoil and giving her the much needed space to get a grip on her feelings. She really appreciated that though he was always around her & made his presence felt, didn't impose it on her.

She still wouldn't admit it to herself but she had started to soften towards him & trust crept back slowly and inadvertently as if it was the most natural thing.

So, she sat in the back and after ensuring that she was fine, he closed the door and hurried back to the driver's side. He adjusted the rearview mirror, just not to see far rear but rather the closer rare. He was overjoyed that finally, Naina had agreed to go with him by car and thanks to his wonderful Saali, the circumstances were maneuvered to his favor, allowing them some private moments. Nothing much was needed, no talks, no words, their eyes were enough, and he could continuously look at her even though she might be busy looking outside. What he didn't realize was that every now and then, even she stole glances at him when he was focused on the road.

When they reached the temple, he parked as close as possible, and held the door open till she got off.

She stood looking at him. "umm Sameer...wo aaj mandir se direct school jana tha na issliye, main puja ki thali nahi layi...ek haath se pakad nahi paati...toh yahi se khareedna padega".

"Ok Naina", she turned around to get some money from her bag, which was in the car, but he stopped her "Naina...mere paas pocket mein paise hai".

When her brows furrowed "mmm...tum toh har Somvar ko mandir aati ho aur apna punya kama leti ho...toh aaj ki puja meri taraf se...mujhe bhi thoda punya mil jayega..." then muttering under his breath "aur shayad Bhagwanji mere dil ki aawaz sunkar mujhe maafi dilwa de".

Naina heard something, and looked up at him, lost in those deep oceans...he broke the reverie "Chale Naina..."

She started walking towards the temple and halted near a vendor, her usual for the temple supplies and pointed out to the regular aarti thali. Sameer bought it, paid and they continued upstairs together.

Although in each other's company, they had come to temple now several times, but never had they climbed the stairs together, this was a first and there was an unexpected joy and a different emotion Naina felt. She couldn't name it but it was exhilarating as if it was the most right event.

On the other hand, Sameer was also experiencing similar feelings. He had never woken up to see the sunrise, but now it was becoming a habit since Mt. Abu and he loved this time with her and be able to perform aarti with her.

They reached the temple, completed the ritual as the early morning aarti had just about finished. They stood together and prayed while Panditji performed the rituals and offered the chadhava. Both closed their eyes and prayed differently without realizing that ultimately, they had asked for the same.

Sameer in his heart "Bhagwanji...aap ko toh pataa hai, main toh shayad hi kabhi yahan ata tha...par Naina ke saath har jagah jaana achcha lagta hai...Naina ko aap par bahut vishwas hai aur mujhe Naina ke vishwas par vishwas hai. Naina kehti hai ki aap mann ki baat mann mein padh lete ho. Main jaanta hoon mujhse bahut galatiyan hui hai, par aap jaante ho na ki Naina ke liye mera pyar bilkul sachcha hai, maine usse jo vaade kiye the, wo sab sach tha, dil se tha (he had flashbacks of their Mt. Abu temple incident, where he had held her hand and gave her seven vachans, a marriage-like commitment)...Main Naina ko kabhi force nahi karna chahta ki wo mujhse pyar kare, mujhe maaf kar de...par main koshish karta rahoonga aur agar mera pyar sachcha hai toh please, aap usse samjhayiye ki wo fir se mujhe apna le...Aapne hi mujhe Naina se milwaya na....toh ab aap hi hume saath rakhenge". His eyes misted and he blinked back tears.

At the same time Naina also prayed in her heart "Bhagwanji...kya kar rahe ho aap....pichle solah saalon mein jo kabhi nahi anubhav kiya wo achanak ek din mehsoos hua aur fir main behti chali gayi. Sahi galat kuch pataa hi nahi laga. Ek anjane pe itna vishwas kar liya ki kisi aur cheez ke baarein mein nahi socha. Aapne hi mujhe Sameer se milwaya, fir aap hi ne mere dil mein uske liye itna gehra pyar bhar diya aur fir use tod diya...Fir ab aap kya chahte ho? Kyon use fir se mere dil mein aane ka raaste de rahe ho? Main jitni bhi koshish kar loon ki uski baaton mein na aaoon, usse koi rishta na rakhu...aap baaar baar use mere samne lake khada kar dete ho...main Sameer ke saath itna bura bartaav karti hoon fir bhi wo mujhe chodke chala nahi jaata. Kya chahte ho bhagwanji? Aap hi ke samne usne mera haath pakad ke vachan diye the. (She also had the same flashback when she was overcome with emotion as it was an overwhelming feeling), mujhe samaj hi nahi aa raha hai ki wo sach the ya fir sab jhooth aur natak... aaj toh aapko mujhe koi ishara dena hi padega".

She raised her left hand to ring the bell and Sameer too did the same at the same time, his hand over hers. She jerked at the touch, he too opened his eyes at the same time as he could recognize her slightest touch. She tried to take it away but he held it firmly and they rang the bell twice in their code. While Sameer smirked at the divine sign, she frowned at the unexpected signal. He then smiled at her and let go off her hand slowly as Panditji approached with prasad.

Naina couldn't take the prasad in the left hand and so Sameer approached him, "Panditji, inke hissa ka prasad bhi mujhe de dijiye, hum saath main hi hai, mein khila doonga". Panditji smiled, blessed them, and gave him the prasad.

An annoyed Naina walked away and descended the small staircase. Sameer came quickly after her and offered her the prasad. "Naina, mujhse naaraz ho theek hai, prasad se nahi hona chahiye na...lo kha lo".

Naina too realized that it was not right to insult the prasad, but she couldn't allow him to feed her, so took it from his extended palm avoiding that in his fingers that were ready to feed her "sahi keh rahe ho, prasad ko mana nahi karna chahiye, par aaj main isse mithai samaj ke kha leti hoon". She took a peda from his palm and ate it with her left hand and started to don her school shoes with just slipping her feet inside and started descending the flight of stairs towards the parked car.

Sameer shook his head at her adamant nature, "Ziddi ladki....koi baat nahi...aaj nahi toh kal maan hi jayegi...Thank you Bhagwanji...aapka ishara samaj aa gaya mujhe..."

He too donned his shoes and hurried after her, "Naina....Naina ruko..." But she was walking fast and he had to be faster to come and block her way.

"Naina...kabse aawaz de raha hoon...sun kyon nahi rhai? Abhi gir jaati toh?" She was confused and he gestured at her feet where her shoelaces of 1 foot had come undone.

"Tumhare feete khul gaye hai", he explained.
She first smiled remembering that she had taught him the word in school when once his laces were open and she had directed him. She tried to bend down and tie them but it was difficult as her hand stretched and hurt her more.

"Mein bandh deta hoon" and he bent down to help her.

She jerked and took a step back, "nahi...rehne do. Koi baat nahi...abhi school hi jana hai na...wahan kisise badhwa loongi".

"Naina, abhi seedhi utar ke neeche jaana hai, aur car na classroom tak nahi jati, parking se class tak chalna padega...gir sakti ho aur chot lag jayegi".

"Nahi...rehne do".

Now exasperated with her adamant behavior, "Dekho Naina, tumhare pass teen options hai...Ek, tum mujhe yeh feete baandhne do, aur fir hum aaram se school jaayenge. Dusra, tum yahi khadi raho aur main bhi yahi tumhare samne khada rahoonga, aur hum school nahi pahuchenge, paadhayi ka nuksaan bhi hoga aur tumhare Papa aur gharwalon ko jawab bhi dena padega ki hum school kyon nahi gaye. Teesra, main tumhe apni god mein uthakar car tak aur car se classroom tak le jaoonga".

Naina was totally mortified and completely flabbergasted that how could he even dare to suggest the last option.

He smirked...."Tumhara chehra dekhkar lagta hai ki teesra option kuch khaas pasand nahi aaya tumhe. Hmm...fir 2 bache, toh dusre option mein bhi bahut saari panchayat karni padegi, kyonki tumhare Papa ko koi bhi baat samjhana aasan nahi hai. Par tumhari marzi. Kaho toh yahi khade rehte hai..."

He noticed that she was deliberating with her inner self and after a few precious seconds of enjoying her dilemma, he decided to put her discomfort to rest.

"Lagta hai, dusra option bhi jyaada seedha nahi hai...toh fir pehla hi behtar hai na". He bent down, tilted his face to look at her downcast eyes and searched her face for some sign.

She slowly extended her foot a step infront and that was all the green signal he needed.
He bent down and sat on one knee, all the while looking and smiling slightly at her with love-filled eyes and quickly tied the laces.

He came back up slowly when a passing-by lady commented to her husband "Dekho kitne chote hai par kitna pyar karte hai ek dusre se, kitna khayal rakhta hai yeh ladka iss ladki ka... seekho kuch isse...aapne aaj tak kabhi mere jooton ke feete bandhe hai?"

Her husband was no less "Arre bhagyawan, tum joote pehenti kahan ho, sirf maaarti ho".
Sameer and Naina both smiled hearing this light banter.

Seeing her happy gave him some relief as she had visibly quieted down since yesterday. But he was determined to find out soon.
"Chalein Naina?"
She affirmed with a head nod and they left for school.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.5K 979 10
This SS is a like a sequel to my previous SS "By your side". The story is based on the blossoming romance between Sameer and Naina from Yeh Un Dinon...
9.6K 616 6
This is a short story is based on Rohan-Sameer-Vishakha bonding in Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai and Sameer's Milan with Naina. Please leave your comments...
72.6K 6.8K 39
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒊𝒕. 𝑻𝒊𝒎𝒆, 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆, 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎. 𝑩𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒘. 𝑰𝒕 𝒘�...
30.7K 3.5K 54
Naina was sitting in the car, disoriented. She didn't know where her life was taking her, where her relationship with Sameer was leading to. She just...