The Four Kingdoms {BTS X Read...

By TaeTae_lyfe

There's a fire in her. If loved correctly, she will warm your entire home. If abused, she will burn it to ash... More

Chapter 1: Lost
Chapter 2: Wisdom
Chapter 3: Magic
Chapter 4: Change
Chapter 5: Travel
Chapter 6: History
Chapter 7: Wander
Chapter 8: Adventure
Chapter 9: Monsters
Chapter 10: Stars
Chapter 11: Paths
Chapter 12: Anger
Chapter 13: Pride
Chapter 14: Hope
Chapter 15: Jealousy
Chapter 16: Choice
Chapter 17: Nights
Chapter 18: Doubt
Chapter 19: Betrayal
Chapter 20: Heartbreak
Chapter 21: Fathers
Chapter 22: Escape
Chapter 24: Loss
Chapter 25: Death
Chapter 26: Tears
Chapter 27: Cold
Chapter 28: Life
Chapter 29: Ghosts
Chapter 30: Walls
Chapter 31: Locks
Chapter 32: Riders
Q&A
Chapter 33: Deserve
Chapter 34: Love
Chapter 35: Dragons
Chapter 36: Dragons II
Chapter 37: Brothers
Chapter 38: Rings
Chapter 39: Proposals
Chapter 40: Kings
Chapter 41: Potions
Chapter 42: Potions II
Chapter 43: Caves
Chapter 44: Endings
Chapter 45: Beginnings
Pyramids
Conclusion
Character Q&A

Chapter 23: Tunnels

25.5K 1.8K 544
By TaeTae_lyfe

"Carve a tunnel of hope through a mountain of  disappointment."
                 - Anonymous

Hoseok's heart pounded in his chest as he took in Yoongi's confession, his chest tightening uncomfortably at the prince's words. He had suspected that Yoongi might have feelings for you, but he didn't think that he was in love with you and he certainly didn't expect Jimin to be either.

This changed everything.

Ever since you defended him that night at the castle Hoseok had only grown fonder and fonder of your presence. He slowly found himself admiring everything you did, the way you smiled, the way you defended yourself, the way you cared too much about everyone around you.

It amazed him how one person could care so much.

Hoseok's heart hurt.

You trusted him, and he betrayed you. No matter how much he told himself that it wasn't intentional, he couldn't help but feel angry at himself for allowing matters to get this bad.

Hoseok's orange gaze landed on your unconscious form hanging over Yoongi's shoulder limply.

That didn't look comfortable.

"Yoongi," Hoseok's voice broke the thick silence of the prison, earning the prince's attention. "Lay her down."

Yoongi raised an eyebrow in question,

"She needs to eat." Hoseok explained. "She won't survive if she can't run."

Yoongi frowned but reluctantly marched back into her cell, laying you gently down on the dirt floor, his long fingers tangling in your hair as he gently held your head.

"I'll take care of her, the rest of you try and find the tunnel." Hoseok said.

Yoongi laid your head down, before standing up slowly, his orange eyes scanning Hoseok from head to toe, in a suspecting manner. He wanted to ask him about his odd behavior, but bit his tongue.

"Make sure she eats something." He said quietly, as he left the cell.

Hoseok knelt down on the ground, his hands gently lifting your head and placing it into his lap, his fingers moving through your (h/l),(h/c) hair.

Guilt poured all over his body as he took in your bruises and cuts. His heart aches as his eyes landed on your ankles, rubbed raw by the shackles.

This was his fault.

You were in this mess because of him. He should've stopped Yoongi that night at the castle, he should've told him that he wouldn't be a part of his plan.  But he didn't, he was a loyal, coward who wouldn't express his feelings out of fear.

You didn't deserve this.

You didn't deserve him.

He wanted to take back everything. He wanted to start all over with you, a clean slate and if he could, he would go back to that night and tell Yoongi no. He would stand up for his feelings and himself,  but he couldn't do that. He couldn't turn back time, he had to deal with his actions. And that was what hurt him the most.

"I am so sorry." He choked out as he stared down at your unconscious form, the sounds of the other men searching for the tunnels slowly fading away from his mind. "None of this should've happened."

Your body remained still, your breathing soft and light as Hoseok ran his hands through your hair.

"I love you."

His own words shocked him.

Did he really love you? He didn't know. He'd never been in love before, but the way you made him feel, was too good to not be love. The way he felt for you was too strong to not be love.  The words came so naturally out of his mouth that it scared him.

Hoseok snapped himself out of his thoughts and reached over to the plate of stale bread, and the small cup of water.

"Drink." He said quietly as he lifted your head slightly to allow the cool liquid to pour down your throat.

You began to slowly drink, your blue eyes fluttering open ever so slightly to stare up at his warm orange gaze.

He expected you to fight him, or say something hurtful, but you remained silent, staring up at him as the water trickled down your throat. Maybe it was because you were weak from dehydration or maybe it was because you were simply too tired of all the fighting, but either way you didn't move your head from Hoseok's lap, you simply allowed him to feed you and help you drink, both of you remaining silent as he gently took care of you.

Once you were strong enough, you sat up, moving to lean against the stone wall of the cell, your eyes fell back on Hoseok as he handed you another piece of bread.

You took the food and took a healthy bite of it.

"Thank you." You said with a mouth full.

Hoseok frowned at your words, his hands falling to his now empty lap as he watched you eat.

"I'm sorry." He stated quietly. "I should've stopped him. I shouldn't have-"

You released a heavy sigh, cutting off the sorcerers words.

"I'm honestly so tired of apologies." You said, annoyance lacing your tone. "I've heard them all, and they all sound the same."

Hoseok's eyes widened at your words, his head nodding in understanding.

"I guess Yoongi visited you?"

You nodded.

"Yeah, he did." You stated coldly.

Hoseok nodded again.

"He killed his father."

Your eyes widened in shock at Hoseok's nonchalant words, your heart pounding in your chest.

"What?" You breathed out in disbelief.

Hoseok smiled sadly at you.

"He did it to save you. His father wouldn't let you go, so Yoongi killed him and is now being hunted by his own guards."

You stared at the redhead in utter shock.

"But if Yoongi killed his father doesn't that make him the king?" You asked.

Hoseok frowned.

"I suppose so, but it is also treason against the crown. I don't know if anyone would take the side of a king who killed his own father."

You nodded, still in shock at the news.

"I can't believe he would do that."

Hoseok shook his head.

"Neither can I." He inhaled deeply. "His love for you must be great if he is willing to kill his own father to ensure your safety."

Your eyes softened as you stared down Hoseok.

"You knew?" You asked quietly. "I mean about his feelings for me?"

Hoseok nodded.

"Of course I knew, I practically raised him... he can't hide anything from me even if he wanted to."

You nodded, your eyes slowly falling away from his face.

"I don't know what to do." You stated. "He betrayed me, he hurt me, but I can't hate him, just like I can't hate you."

Your words shocked Hoseok, his orange eyes widening at your confession. You didn't hate him? He thought for sure that you did. He bought you'd never speak to him again.

"Y-You don't  hate me?"

You shook your head and sighed.

"I really want to, but I can't tell if it was all a lie or if you're actually telling me the truth."

Hoseok nodded once again in understanding.

"I would never hurt you y/n. I hope you know that." He stated quietly.

You only nodded in response.

"Hoseok."

The sorcerers eyes shot up to the cell door where Yoongi stood.

"We've found the tunnel."

A/N,
I am so sorry for the LONG leave of absence I've taken, and for the crappy chapter you've just read, but I've been traveling all over and I'm flying to New York next week so I probably won't update for a while. Thank you so much for being patient with me!

Who is your favorite character? Comment below.
❤️
-Max.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 235 20
A BTS fan has a chance to have her fantasies come true. Will she take it? Warning: contains some harsh language and may contain sexual content later...
1.5K 176 14
{ First place in Solo Jung Hoseok category in ANPANMAN AWARDS } { First place in Solo Jung Hoseok category in BTS 2019 AWARDS } { Second place in Sol...
1.7M 40.4K 200
Status: COMPLETED Rating: 14+ (due to mildly suggestive scenes) DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14 ‼️DO NOT STEAL/REPOST MY IMAGINES‼️ All fo...
65.4K 3.8K 25
bts fantasy au| Y/n liked to visit the small lake near her house at night to listen to music and relax after a stressful day. However, one day when s...