Prom Night: I Love You

By TaylorCole94

Malika's head over heels for a boy who barely notices her. Alyssa and her have been friends since grade schoo... More

Prom Night: I Love You
Blue Jays and Prom dresses
Prom Dates and Ketchup
Hot stuff
Call me Maybe
Banga(High School PARTY!!!!)

Frenemies?

32 0 0
By TaylorCole94

 pic of celine

      Monday morning everyone was talking about the party, and how Britney was one of the people to be arrested. We had to fill in Gracie about what happened since she didn't remember anything that happened. Jason was sitting with us along, with Steven who kept throwing pieces of his sandwich crust at the table next to us where the Barbies sat.

 "You are just asking for trouble." Celine gave him a disapproving look.

 He laughed and kept on doing what he was doing. The junior student council walked into the cafe. Everybody stopped what they were doing and turned to give them their full attention, most of the girls in my class have been waiting for this moment since school began. A short little red head boy named nick hit play on the radio he had in his hand. The sound of trumpets filled the room, two other boys held up fake trumpets like they were playing it, five girls walked in with flower baskets in their hands they threw petals on the floor as they moved in different directions each through petals on one girls head. I was surprised when one of them threw some on my head. Stephanie was the first to scream out in excitement, she had petals on her head too. The girls made their way back out, and five boys came in with plastic swords and walking towards a boy. One stopped in front of Steven and knelt down handing him the sword, and walked out like the girls did.

"I ask that the girls with petals thrown on them please stand," we did what nick said

"Now the boys with the swords please stand." They stood.

"Senior class of 2012 I present to your Prom court Nominees," everyone clapped and cheered for us some girls didn't because they were disappointed they weren't selected.

The girls and boy who came in came back in, with small boxes and handed to each of us standing. With that they all left and we went back to our lunches. My friends congratulated me, Stephanie and Steven.

"Open your boxes I want to see what they gave to you guys.” Monica push mine closer to me.

 When I opened mine there was a little necklace in mine with a tiara pendant that had pink and white crystal on it. Stephanie’s had blue and white crystals on hers.

 "Omg I love it!" Stephanie was more excited about this then I was. I handed mine to Celine who asked to get a closer look of it.

"What did you get Steven?" he stopped eating and handed me his unopened box.

"You sure you don't want to open it?"

"Nah you could open it." I opened his and found two crown shaped cufflinks with white crystal on them. I handed back to Steven.

"These are fresh." everyone nodded in agreement.

Alyssa came and stood in front of our table and Travis came up behind me and pulled me into a hug.

"Congrats sunny" I hit him.

 "I told you not to call me that.” He just laughed and sat on me when I sat down.

"Dude get off your too big to be sitting on Me." everyone laughed.

"iight then you could sit on me."

"How bout no and you just sit on the floor?" he made a fake crying face.

 "Why are you so mean to me?" he wrapped his arms around me and lifted me up so he could sit on my sit and made me sit on his lap.

When I tried to get off him he just wrapped his arms around my waist tighter. "Let go of me."

"Never!" He laughed and everyone else did too.

"I swear you too are going to end up together no lie." I caught the look Alyssa gave to Bria.

Bria pretended not to notice.

 "We have to do something guys for Stephanie, Steven, and Malika." Monica said while pulling out her, probably reading a text from her boyfriend.

"Hey. What about me?" Travis spoke up

"What about you?"

"I was nominated too" I laughed at him, the sad face he did was too cute.

He started laughing. "What are you too laughing about?" we didn't answer but kept laughing.

They went back to planning the celebration Monica wanted to throw for us. I didn't feel awkward at all sitting on Travis’s lap, but Alyssa was starting to make me uncomfortable with the looks she was giving me. I turned my attention from her and joined on the conversation the boys where having. Thomas ran up behind Steven and wacked him in the back of the head with his sword.

"What the fuck?" Steven grabbed he's sword and hit him back pretty soon they were sword fighting the whole cafe was watching them laughing.

"Boys" Stephanie rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to Monica. Celine was laughed harder than anybody else at the table while she watches Steven and Thomas make fools of themselves.

"Yo Steven’s a clown." I nodded in agreement.

The principle walked in and grabbed Steven and Thomas out the Cafe. Alyssa sat in Steven spot never taking her eyes of me and Travis. I was talking to Jason when she joined in and hijacked our whole conversation and started flirting with him. She smirked at me as if challenging me. Why is she acting like this? She continued one with sending me dirty looks. I laughed because I just found this whole situation to be stupid.

 "What are you laughing at now?" Travis stopped talking to Celine and turned his focus towards me.

"Nothing." I shook my head

"elle est tellement pathétique"(she's so pathetic) I only spoke French around my friends when I was annoyed or really pissed off. 

"Ki moun?"(who?) Stephanie asked me since she understood what I was saying. I cut my eyes at Alyssa. Alyssa rolled her eyes at me again.

"pa peye atansyon a li"(don't pay attention to her) Bria joined in.

I followed her advice and ignored Alyssa for the rest of lunch. Travis and Jason both walked me to class after we stopped by the office to give Steven he's stuff. He was more than happy to be missing he's next class.

"I didn't know you could speak French?" Jason spoke up.

"You understood?" he nodded

"I took French Freshmen and sophomore year, and some of my family speaks it." I was a bit shocked.

"No offense but i thought you spoke Swahili or something because you're from Africa." I said Travis laughed and shook he's head at me Jason laughed to not offend by my comment.

"My fam's from Africa too Lika and they definitely don't speak Swahili, We speak Portuguese and creole." Travis said matter-of-factly

"I know that already, I just didn't know Jason knew French." I laughed

"I can't speak it French like my fam could but i understand it very well, but I only understood a little bit of what Bria and Stephanie where saying."

"That's because they were speaking creole." I smiled at him.

“I figured"

"The creole you guys speak is way different then the kind I speak, but I could still understand most of it." Travis laughed.

"I don't get how you could understand our creole, but i can't understand a word of yours it sound so different." Travis shrugged.

"Maybe cause I’m use to both I have a lot of friends who speak your kind of creole." I nodded.

We finally got to my class. "Well boy looks like this is my stop, thank you for walking me to class." Jason handed me my bag and Travis handed me my books. I hugged them both goodbye before walking into class. We had a sub. Nicole waved me over to come sit next to her.

"Hey girly" we hugged. "Heyy" The sub gave us the work the teacher planed for us and allowed us to talk.

"Congrats on getting nominated for prom court, don't worry I'm definitely voting for you for prom queen." Nicole yelled in excitement.

"Thank you, at least now I know I have one vote." my other friends where going to have a hard time voting since both Stephanie and I were nominated for the title.

 A few people in class came up to me congratulating me some said they would vote for me. It was good knowing that other people besides my friends where supporting me. Nicole and I got our work done early and made plans for her to come over my house and help me make some posters. They only gave us the rest of this week to campaign the halls are going to be trashed with posters by the end of this week. Some girls came and joined us at our desk. We all talked for the rest of class. The rest of the day went by quickly it was already time to go home. I walked to Travis's locker to wait for him since he said he would give me a ride home today. Alyssa and him where walk down the hall when I saw them he didn't notice me yet but Alyssa did she stopped him and started kissing him he kissed her back. For a moment I was hurt, my heart ached a little, but i took a deep breath and got over it. Travis was not my boyfriend just my friend I had no reason to be jealous mad or hurt about it. I sighed and looked down at my phone pretending to text, I didn't want her to see that she got to me. When I looked back up they had stopped and she was smirking at me . I rinsed and eyebrow at her. really? And smirked back at her when Travis finally notice me standing by he's locker and ran up to hug me. I laughed when he spin me around.

"Let go of me doofus." He laughed and put me down.

"Ready to go?" I nodded

"Bye alyssa." I waved at her smirking and she waved back when Travis looked her way and waved too.

Travis grabbed my bag and held the door open for me as I got into he's car.

"You want to grab a bite to eat before i bring you home?" he pulled out the senior parking lot.

"Nope, I just want to get home." I wasn't in a good mood.

He looked at me and gave me a funny look. "You feeling okay?"

"Yeah I'm just not hungry," i guess that was a good excuse.

I turned up his radio because I didn't want to talk anymore. ADHD by Kendrick Lamar come on, I rapped along to it. Travis rapped along with me to the music. I smiled looking at him, he smiled back at me. He opened the door for me when we got to my house. Without thinking about it first I kissed him on the cheek. I feel my face getting hot. He got this big stupid grin on his face. I cleared my throat.

"Thank You for the ride home." I grabbed my bag from his hand, and ran up to my porch and opened the door.

I waved bye to him before going inside. He stood there with that stupid grin still on his face, but waved back at me. I shut the front door and leaned on it. What the heck? Why did I just do that?       

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.9K 887 25
When a high school student meets two of the biggest rappers and they all fall in love with each other with drama, love and hatred will they make it t...
2.1K 32 198
Everything in jays life is falling into Place but will it be enough on her way up to the top.
286 1 33
Lylah loses her beloved mother and is forced to stay with her biological father after the funeral, which is absolute hell. Before the passing of her...
107K 2.9K 14
Life isn't easy in the projects , its the hardest place to survive at. of course you got hoes and they moms and the thugs loaded up with guns and dru...